Dash cam

Do you use a dash cam, Veeky Forums? What kind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z_OovzlgM2U
amazon.ca/MERRiLL-Cameras-megapixel-Parking-Monitor/dp/B01NBR7RO9/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1513218682&sr=8-30&keywords=dash cam with dual camera
amazon.ca/Pruveeo-Cameras-Dashboard-Driving-Recorder/dp/B01MQVYT8E/ref=pd_cp_107_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RR3VE03EWWBYZDD8YMY3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Yes. Haven't caught anything YouTube worthy in all of 2 years.

Very useful tho.

I use a street guardian, works well at night and the audio is great.

Been planning to build one myself with a Raspberry Pi, but haven't done so yet.

I have both a front and rear one. Drivers around here are FUCKING SHIT.

Might as well get one this christmas. South Texas is full of shit drivers, mostly spics who lack a brain behind a wheel.

Viofo A119 capacitor
Had it for months, no problems. Caught some interesting things. Buy the biggest SD card you can afford

Are they connected? I’m thinking about doing the same if I ever get in a crash or run somebody over.

DOD Tech LS 460W front and back. Need something for the sides soon, probably Boxing Day.

That's easily the gayest thing ive read today

Grew up in Corpus, can confirm mexicans do not know what yield means.

Xiaomi Yi. it works. not sure if it will hold up in the summer sun but it was pretty cheap. i took this video a week ago to test it, haven't had any accidents or seen anything cool this is just driving
youtube.com/watch?v=z_OovzlgM2U

>t. pic related

I have a dashcam, Pilot brand, that I bought at Walmart on clearance for $10.
It's OK during daylight, little sketchy on Motion Recording, but it is shill as soot as it gets a little bit dark.

Going to buy a $70 dashcam I saw at Micro Center

i actually use my 128gb ipod touch
charge it over night then bring it with me in the car then attach it to my gps holder on the window of my car. i bring a charger cord with me in case i need it.

A119. Just got it a week ago. How do I set it up so the night footage isn't terrible? pic related

It doesn't get much better than that for night footage

I refuse to believe that. All the footage I see on youtube of the same camera has MUCH better visibility and about the same lighting level outside

post processing

Blackvue 750S front + rear cameras. Cost a pretty penny, but worth it imo.

ya they are connected. this is the model if your interested

amazon.ca/MERRiLL-Cameras-megapixel-Parking-Monitor/dp/B01NBR7RO9/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1513218682&sr=8-30&keywords=dash cam with dual camera

probably asshole youtubers driving with their brights on

some shitty aussie brand i cant remember replacing it soon with a chinkcam since i needed one to cover a roadtrip after my navman one broke from overheating

Post processed and 666% noise-reduction

Nextbase 313GW.

Good in daytime, shite at nighttime.

if you want decent nighttime footage and you don't live in a huge city you need the A119Sv2 which has a sony sensor that's far better at night

That's only the case if you don't get a chinese copycat knock-off. They copy anything including Fram Extra Guard oil filters.

>or run somebody over.
If you're at fault you better back up over the person to make sure they're dead and then hide them.

>be at fault
>quickly take out sd card, tuck it under my foreskin
>"sorry officer, i lost the sd card a while ago"
>mfw

I've been meaning to get a dashcam for a while, but it's hard to find one that would work for me.

It needs to be front and back, not a big deal. But it also needs to be a rear-view mirror attachment, since suction cups fall off constantly from temperature changes. And it also needs a decent night mode, because sunrise is only at 8am, and sunset is before 5pm for most of the year.

I've come across a few, but they're in the several hundred dollar range or complete garbage, so I've been holding off for a while now. Just been using my old phone's camera, which isn't great.

see
its the one i use and its really good and wont break the bank

>suction cup
Appreciate the suggestion, though. Suction cups fall off a lot around here. Fluctuations in temperature in the mid-seasons can be upwards of twenty degrees (Celsius) per few days, which makes them lose their grip. Also garbage roads don't help.

Ordering a cheap one online this week on payday. I feel like $50 is a fine amount to pay for potentially getting the other's guy's insurance to pay in a pickle.

Yes. I have a Blackvue DR470 with front and rear facing cameras.

trust me, the suction cup is solid AF. it has a little lever you push down to increase the vacuum. if that still does not work then they also send a secondary mount that has a 3M backing to stick on.

If I want to record say 10 hours of footage at 1080p how much storage do I need?

Thinking of getting either this: amazon.ca/Pruveeo-Cameras-Dashboard-Driving-Recorder/dp/B01MQVYT8E/ref=pd_cp_107_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=RR3VE03EWWBYZDD8YMY3

Or the 170 degree version with the rear camera. Thoughts? Anybody have any experience with them? Is a rear camera worth it, even if it's a shitty camera?

a 128 gb chip should be big enough

good reveiws but it does not come with a chip (you will need 32gb) so add another 25 bucks to that price.

yes back cams are worth it just to show rear enders and that it was not your fault

nice reddit gold account

Of course. I live in Russia, so i can have problems with insurance without a dashcam

This. Bought an A119 V2 with polarized lens, hardwire kit and a nice Lexar 64gb SD for right about $100. Been using it since the end of Spetember and its worked very well, very easy to configure and watch the footage on the computer. Great day and night quality.

Bought a bootleg of this, 'A118c'. Amazing for 30$; just records in 1080p instead of 4k, and, annoyingly, in .mov. Got it from gearbest or whatever a few months back.

it depends on what type of file it is being recorded as, so it could e as little as 100gb for a highly compressed video type, to 3200gb for cinema quality, you need to see what type of file your camera outputs.

for dashcams though you can loop the sd card so that even if you only have enough room for 5 hours the card will write over the old video unless the camera detects a crash or you save a specific chunk of video.

>Is a rear camera worth it, even if it's a shitty camera?
Sometimes, people unable to hit and run will simply swear you backed into them. They boldly lie because they know that with a "he said, she said" situation where both sides says the other did it, then there is a chance they might get away with it. For example, they can claim you brake checked them. But if your dashcams show you were totally not moving due to being parked at the signal or stop sign, then their claim of break check fails to get them off the hook.

Viofo a118c plus compression artefacts from webm making.
A119c would have been nice but this is still good.

Rexing V1. Wurgs breddy gud. Fug:-DDD