/fg/ - Falcom General #25

Previous Thread: Helping Mariabell edition.

>A version of the old Zero no Kiseki fan translation was leaked:

mega.nz/#!LM4Hxb5J!0LrSUQF0yPjveDVPLSSn3Xq1i_tSwvqXHIU9Rzd3fiE

Don't forget to support the games and spoiler the spoilers!

>Latest news

- New Gematsu article on CS3: gematsu.com/2017/07/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-details-alisa-elliot-laura-jusis-machias

- Short teaser trailer of CS3: youtube.com/watch?v=NYaV_GNqyCo

- Class VII is back: imgur.com/a/Pw4Cp

- New CS3 scans: twitter.com/Gu4n/status/877415040466337793

- Trails of Cold Steel I & II confirmed for a PC release, first game will be released on August 2nd.
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/163180020530/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-of-cold-steel-pc

- Trails of Cold Steel III is on track for a Japanese release on September 28th of this year, confirmed PS4 exclusive, details such as the story and some new characters have been announced, such as Tita, Agate, Tio and Randy confirmed

- Ys 7 announced for a PC release: gematsu.com/2017/07/ys-seven-coming-pc-via-steam-summer

- Zwei II e3 trailer gematsu.com/2017/06/zwei-ilvard-insurrection-e3-2017-trailer-screenshots

- Tokyo Xanadu out on Vita, improved EX+ version on PS4 and Vita still scheduled for late 2017

>Other not-so-new news

- Check out the content of the last Tits FC & SC updates, specially the translation improvements ( xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/159288714430/the-legend-of-heroes-trails-series-localization )

- Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana brought by NISA, If you wish to complain, do so to Falcom, not XSeed (they're upset about it too). Good Japanese grammar is extremely recommended.

Pastebin: pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

delete this

Eliefags on suicidewatch

don't delete this

Why even bother with high school age girls when college aged girls are so much better and mature looking?
>dat Emma
>dat Towa

CUTE!

Calvard when?

>maybelle
>mariabell
>ilya
does cs have any blonde yuribait?

Pre-order her game and give her back her Crossbell.

I'm sure a friendly user knows a translation circle and will poke them to get this translated for us r-right?!?!

They forgot to make CS' comic relief lesbian blonde for some reason

CRAZY

>that Elliot & Emma height growth
Please tell me it's not just the perspective

It's not like there was an accurate scale when pasting those images next to each other unless he did stuff like normalize by eye size or something.

I need more nuns.

Just gonna point this out again in case someone playing Ao didn't check.

If you're using the voiced patch, and the non voiced one to jump between roms to grab items on the roads without freezing, do no save on normal and load up on voiced, because i'm pretty sure that it somehow reset my DP points back to 0, and reverted my rank after delivering quests in this state. If you want to check voices, save before a story event, open the voiced rom and see the scene, but do not save the game and jump back to normal for road exploring. Hell, for all i know, this may not be a problem with rom jumping, but with the voiced patch itself.

>I need more nun doujins
ftfy

It really feels like they stuck Zin in because they needed another character who had a reason to take part in the martial art tournament and found themselves kind of stuck with him.

So i usually see people talking about only Xseed, Nisa or Akys for localizing stuff, but what about idea factory? Apparently they're anti censorship, and a lewd game from compile heart called "Mary Skelter Nightmares" that is coming with them as the localizers for the vita, is coming uncensored.

How is are their translations and such? Not really here to talk about how they'd most likely go for easy and money making games instead of Falcom stuff, just curious if anyone is aware of their track record when localizing stuff.

So this is Erebonia's national treasure, not bad.

their translations are really bad. its so bad that they change character names and actual important story elements just for memes.

Also IF is only for compile heart games I think.

What the fuck i was just reading

I thought they just did inhouse translations for their related companies and games they published themselves in Japan

If they are i'm not aware. All i know is that the game is from compile heart, and i figured Idea factory was a localizer.

What is the latest Falcom merchandise/game you have bought or ordered?

>nayuta
I like you.

As far as I can tell Idea Factory is the publisher and owner of Compile Heart

Well, I see that the Emperor's equipped his daughter with orbments too.

I want to bury my face in her orbments.

Machias had the most improvement.

This skill sounds too good to be true.

That's why they nerfed it

i really want to play the game but the psp emulator is so wonky.

It is that good, just remember that once 5 turns take place he'll faint, you can stop it if you re-apply it before it runs out.

PPSSPP runs it perfectly. The only thing that may turn people off are the graphics.

Really? ppsspp is like the most stable easy emulator.

Afaik the patch for the pc version is being worked on

The game runs perfectly on PPSSPP.

does anybody know what pc version the patch is using? The only release I can find is the chinese version and I have no idea if its structurally different from the japanese version.

There is no japanese version.

There is one for Zero i think.

theres a japanese version for zero that was released in japan by falcom. ao is chinese only still.

Renne is ______________

>make a stop at armorica before I move the final plot
>colin's playing with the other kids
>they tell me he wandered off again picking flowers before they stopped him
>colin is completely oblivious and just talks about inviting sunita next time to play
Seriously just put a leash on this kid already before his parents really kill themselves

perfect!

Unquestionably adorable, moreso than Prince Olivert.

I want to feed this nun.

I want to shackle her and drop a mountain of bread just beyond her reach

>sorry sss a member of the clergy can't participate in pageants and stuff
>there's a buffet
>when did you say it starts?
It's a good thing she's pretty strong cause she's so easy to lure.

Watch your step heretic.

DO NOT

DEFINITELY DO NOT

I just finished chapter 4 of SC. Is mindfucking the party actually part of Ouroboros plan or just a hobby?

I'm in love with this nun!

Just a hobby.

Enforcers are allowed to do whatever the fuck they want, they can even deny orders.

Shouldn't Ries be fatter from eating so much?

>the campanella star door in third where the anguis aren't even upset Renne left and hope she sorts herself out

I eat a fuckton and i don't get fat, or at least not easily. She must be a similar case.

She uses an artefact to keep herself slim.

I want Lloyd to headpat me

TOO SLOW.

You're not going to get any better in terms of localization than XSeed. Any other company would be a downgrade. Marketing or porting is a different matter. But for a text-heavy series like Trails, the localization is the most important.

A Randy is more than fine too

I want to sniff Rufina's boots

Me too

>forced english dub
>cant get any better in terms of localization

lol'd

>Trying to fish up a Viperfish
Fishing was a mistake

They're not that hard at all. If you're playing Zero, try doing this, click twice, wait a second or so, and do it again, at some point you'll click just as the ! mark pops up. Also save before fishing for hard ones.

you don't seem to understand what 'localization' means

I keep getting shitty Gluttonous Bass instead of the fish that I actually want. I'm sure that I'm at the right location but I just can't seem to get it at all.

It means not butchering the game during the conversion to another markets. The more you remove or change from the original product = shit localization. Sounds like Xseed.

Script quality is less important than keeping the original voices, lack of dual audio instantly puts XSeed in the Treehouse tier of localizers.

Viperfish are apparently found on Ursula beach by using Kasagin, or waterfront area i think.

I just fished one up, it took like 10 reloads to do it.

>Script quality is less important

The wait after it releases in Japan is gonna fucking suck

Shit bait. I hate dubs too but there's nothing more important that script. Besides Treehouse has neither script quality nor audio.

Brand new characters next week (not in previous games), also new system info.

such is the fate of a fan of this series

>such is the fate of EOP
fixed...

>Not remote playing it onto PC and using OCR to run it through google translate.

How can such a strong knight be so CUTE?

Enforcers are top tier bros.

So long as you don't live in place where they need something for their plans.

Bring back sepith count please. It would make life so much easier for the mages.

>mfw I'm lvl 15 about mid chapter 1 in Zero

grinding is like a drug to me

I'm sure you're supposed to end Chapter 1 at like Level 18.

You should play Ark of Napishtim if you loved grinding so much

So long as you get Randy's flash grenade, you should be good for the end of the chapter.

already did back in the PS2 days, it's actually my least favorite Ys.

mama mia, look at those guns

How much dialog and story is there in the finale, and how much input do the two characters teamed up with Kevin and Ries have to include in it?

Im trying to decide whether to just min max all the parties, or group them based on their characters.
Kloe/Julia/Mueller/Olivier might be a really fun party, but I want to use Kloe and Olivier in the final boss fights.

It's actually not that important, the most you'll get in certain areas are characters acknowledging that some of the bosses resemble some stuff they saw before, the only plot relevant one is Kevin and Ries.

Nah not really. The important dialogues are after the final boss fight.

Ah ok then. I was hoping for lots of banter, but maybe this is for the best

>this entire scene with Osborne and Olivier
Playing the CS games beforehand does wonders for scenes like this.

>Olivier goes on to get completely dunked on at every turn

Soon

My jaw dropped. I wonder if Olivier will be around a lot in CS3, or if he'll just be cheap cameo spots.