/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: SPLATOON 2 IS NOW OUT

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy (embed)

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9 (embed)

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL (embed)

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPfxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Because I'm uncreative, I dressed my amiibo as itself.

at what rank does this happen?

Don't forget the Inkbrush is coming at 10pm EST!

Is there any way to check how many Freshes your art post has?

>different skin tone
you fucked up

Had it happen to me as an overachiever.

is the only way to get more than 2 slots on the gear from salmon or the app order shit?

i cant order gear from people when it has 3 or more and the shop only has 2 slot stuff

Fucking hell, that section 4 boss is a nightmare without the charger. At least I got my Hero Replica skin.

I think im going to tank my pay grade down to 140% for easy matches

Don't forget to unlock your Herobrush!

I think you need to be a specific level first?

That squid is fresh as fuck.

What's the most eggs you've gotten on a job? Go-Getter here

If Discordfags used Veeky Forums for something other than promoting their shitty server maybe they'd learn how to properly format the OP.

well shit im only 7 and its slow as fuck since i used the money food instead of the exp one and i dont want to waste it

it doesnt look too bad for random shit i ordered through the app with 3 / 4 slots

don't the amiibos have functions other than just saving your loadout? i thought they unlocked gear or something.

My shop refreshed today and had a bunch of 3 slot gear, but other than that all my 4 slots have come from the app and the Salmon Run shirt.

This was at level 10

They do.

Do you mind if I save this image?

You really do have to mute the game or you can't hear anyone over each others' games coming over the mic.
What a peculiar setup.

Why can't scrubs ink spawn

You need contacts not the hair clip

Unrelated but which headphones are those?

Yeah, I've got them on order.

>just started crawling my way out of C-
>match found
>only 7 players
>our team starts 3v4

Why do you keep allowing this to happen, Nintendo? Does leaving people at a disadvantage like this deserve nothing more than a slap on the wrist from you guys?

Has anyone here bought this headset yet

You probably have to beat story mode first. Or maybe get to a certain level. Not sure what the requirements are.

What, are you going to begrudge people for being forced to resort to headcanon now because Nintendo can't write a resolution worth a damn? I'd still take it any day over a throwaway line that sounds like the premise of a bad doujin.

Is the Splattershot Pro range really worth giving up a decent bomb and special for?

It'd have been cool if it had the mic on it.

>Glowfish event in Salmon Run
>Dude who gets it goes to a high corner near the basket
>Team sets up at the different chokes to defend him
>Easy as shit everything going to plan
>The retard with the flies MOVES out of the corner because his OCD just would not let him sit still for 60 seconds and jumps down somewhere
>Salmonids take a wildly different path and the team fucking panics
>Everyone gets mauled almost immediately because people can't just group the fuck up

JUST STAY THE FUCK WHERE YOU ARE THERES NO REASON TO MOVE WHEN THE EGGS COME TO YOU

even if you don't like the kit it outranges almost every weapon everyone is currently using.

why is there no turf war in ranked?

Ranked is for objectives that you can decisively achieve in a way that ends the match right there.
turf war is just keep going until time runs out.

Where did they go, /ink/?

yes, your sub is still useful to the team and can be used to block/harass, ink storm is great for blocking routes and pushing enemies into specific lanes. really focuses ssp as a support weapon compared to the old setup.

but I still want ssp/ink grenade

Babby mode. In all seriousness though Splat Zones.

private /ink/ lobbies when?

>lose in ranked
>bar starts cracking

>get a 3k
>teammate woomy booyahs you
It makes it all worth it

Special training
New threat

Is the switch worth paying 400 for? I can't find the 299 ones anywhere.

They're running a liberation mission to free Octarians from their mind control, integrating them into inkling society.

>play rainmaker
>teammates have no idea what to do with the rainmaker and stay in our spawn the whole time

Do people really think the Aerospray is bad now? It sucks that it doesn't have inkstrike anymore, but curling rush is good for pushing into enemy territory

you’ll find an msrp switch. You just have to be patient

Sunken Scrolls said it was for "research". Of what? Hell if I know.

Research trip, says in a scroll

Use istocknow and keep an eye out for Targets. Their tracking is pretty accurate and they show up as instock when the employees are out filling the shelves at 4am.

Walmart tracking is complete shit though, you cant really trust it and need to call them.

I think it’s really good now.

Yes

Amazing for painting, shit for killing

>tfw to stupid to win in Rainmaker

You could buy one of the bundles with a physical nintendo game(s) and just sell those for basically full value because people will buy them. Not ideal but better than overpaying for the console alone.

>The niggers who pop their supers on phase 1
>The niggers who pop BOTH of their supers on phase 1
>the niggers who pop their supers before the enemies even appear
>the niggers who pop their supers when the quota is already met
>the niggers who pop their supers near time out so even if it landed a hit they can't collect the eggs anyways

Me

This pretty much. Every time I run into the enemy team, I spam bombs and cause chaos for them so I can pull back and ink somewhere else

can you have a bonus XP and bonus cash meal active at the same time?

make it into a brain meme

No, it overwrites

splatfest idea
milk vs dark chocolate
alternatively
white vs dark chocolate
good or shit racial implications aside

Actually, I have this problem in BotW too, when things get panicked sometimes I'll just accidentally stick click when I just meant to move quickly.

Why even use anything but the splattershot desu

I pop both right at the start as a way of showing dominance. My team looks at me and realizes I'm so confident I don't even need my specials they immediately look to me as a leader.

>panic, hit R3, and accidentally go into tenta missiles mode
>die
>panic, hit Y instead of B and end up facing away from the enemy
>die
help

You can cure panic by being an idiot like me

>get 90/99 on Go Getter
>fuck yes just one more match
>massive lose streak brings me back down to part timer
>get back to 90/99 again on Go Getter
>fuck yes one just more match
>massive lose streak brings me down to 10/99
>crawl back up to 70/99
>quit
Help me. My heart can't take another let down.

Idk if anything is a good idea. I thought cake v cream would at least be balanced if not cake sided, but it was like 70-30 cream.

I think Pizza v Hamburger would be decent

But Dark chocolate would absolutely annihilate. Anyone with taste knows its for refined folk. Regular chocolate vs dark is another story then its even stevens

Dark chocolate is just bad chocolate

>the niggers who pop their supers when the quota is already met
I only do this when we're about to be fucking overrun since we don't get shit if we're dead

That's not what anyone thinks. They think you are a noob and a retard. Especially if you can't make it to the end. I've seen plenty of niggers pop their supers at the beginning and we all lose the game in the end.

tfw still on splat 1 cuz no switch

please, i want to play with you guys and not be bullied

I keep using my special by accident, it's really annoying
I guess the stick is more sensitive than the wii u? I don't know

That's an exception.

Why does marie miss squid jumps?
Do you lose the ability to squid and have to stay in humanoid form when you get older?

you fuckin jokin me m8

Literally everybody loves milk chocolate, unless you just dont like chocolate.

Only a handful of people like dark because its so bitter, milk would obliterate dark

Yes

>First phase with Goldies and zerg rushers
>people popping supers where they spawn instead of grouping near the egg basket choke
>everyone splits up except for me and another guy at the basket and die
My only regret was not being able to save the guy that stayed with me.

I find the joy con is more prone to it than the pro controller.

Is that really true? Isn't Marie 19?

get thicker skin and maybe /ink/ will play with you

I wish Grizz gave advice telling people to group by the basket upon losing, instead all he says is "Ur fucked lol"

She misses Squid Jump as in the minigame you'd use to play on the gamepad in the first game.

I need to get my own rank/level up before I really start setting things up. And that's only after I finish the story.

They did that in the first game.

I hate the taste and texture of milk chocolate. Like melty cream shit that is way too sweet, it doesn't taste good, only makes me thirsty. Dark chocolate is actually good though.

That's like 55 in squid years.

stop bullying me

Is that Samus getting powered up by Getter Rays?

Is it true detaching the joycons from the grip makes it easier to aim? I feel fucking weird as shit without the grip when I try

do people know how to let the rainmaker reset or am i just cursed to get paired up with retards forever? these motherfuckers keep trying to carry it from all the way inside our base and i can't even get out of C- because of it.

She isn't the only one.

>Bring back 2 (TWO) maps from splatoon 1
>Theyre the 2 worst maps in splatoon 1
???