What does Veeky Forums think about senna?

Was he really the legend people made him out to be?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/6737265/Senna__(2010)
youtu.be/4qgumKERRzk
youtube.com/watch?v=JUVkVB3SUf4
youtube.com/watch?v=auXfAHHNSFo
youtube.com/watch?v=ryP1ZNsYhZA
youtu.be/auXfAHHNSFo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

skilled driver.
one of the biggest cunts on the planet.

a bit overrated.

most people on Veeky Forums weren't even born when he was alive, why the fuck are you asking us? All you need to do is a lil research and read up on him or if your ass is lazy, you can watch the documentary on him. Pirate that shit if you have to.

He is a fucking legend even if all the busriders on here don't think he is.

>one of the biggest cunts on the planet.
explain, i saw the "Senna" documentary floating around but never watched it and of course i saw the "Senna" tribute Gran Turismo threw in and it felt like this goy was jesus and could do no wrong.

If he was that great driver, then why he died instantly in the crash when you know he could avoid it easily?

-t. Alain Prost

*swipes left*

Im not sure if you're shitposting or dumb. Either way, don't procreate but knowing how stupid you are, you probably will.

He had so much faith in his god the guy was pretty much fearless. Also yes, he was a cunt... His Doco is well worth torrenting. Schumacher was more of a cunt though, to be fair..

thepiratebay.org/torrent/6737265/Senna__(2010)

He crashed into a tittle, him and Schumi will never be goats because of that.

Kill all the faggots weekend
youtu.be/4qgumKERRzk

No, VTEC carried him to victory.

Waifu claimed

He was one of the greatest drivers to ever touch a steering wheel. To those saying he was a cunt, as far as racing drivers go, he was much less of a cunt than most (alonso, schumi, ect)

He was good, but definitely overrated. Most normies know Senna for his death than anything specific about his actual career.

Watch him race in the rain and tell me he isn't in the top 5 best drivers ever.

>you can watch the documentary on him.

Some of that documentary was bull crap, though. Especially the rivalry with Prost making him to look like the villain of the story. In real life Senna and Prost were bros. He was even one of his pallbearers.

Choco Senna is the new GOAT

I grew up watching Senna, listening to Senna, I was... obsessed with with his precision. He was a perfectionist. He had this... magical way to drag the ultimate performance out of a car.

a spoiled cunt who could do no wrong in his mind

youtube.com/watch?v=JUVkVB3SUf4

literally who

youtube.com/watch?v=auXfAHHNSFo

>Coasts in Nuetral taking Tabac

Veeky Forums ETERNALLLY BTFO.

One of the greatest drivers to have ever lived.
Possibly the best and he was taken before his time.
also a complicated person....
the kind of guy to run someone off the road because that wins him the championship but at the same time the type of guy to throw away a race to help another driver who has crashed.
youtube.com/watch?v=ryP1ZNsYhZA

Jesus christ senna was a mad cunt.

He's shit, Ken Block is better

>In real life Senna and Prost were bros.
They were as much bros as Hamilton and Nico were. They got so antagonistic with each other they ended up dividing the McLaren team. Senna got Honda to stop helping Prost.

I think they both realized in 94', after Prost had retired, that they brought out the greatness in each other.

>throw away a race to help another driver who has crashed.

Comas' crash at 1992 Belgian GP weekend was during a Friday practice session. There was no race for Senna to throw away.

I don't get it what's so special about coasting a corner?

By the time he died, Schumacher was starting to get big, and was much younger than him. If he was still alive, he would be beaten by Schumacher like 3 years or so, after his death.
But he fucked Xuxa, so I guess that makes him good.

>he fucked Xuxa
Senna had a GILF fetish.

Every champion needs an equally skilled rival.

thanks user for this video

you tell me.

youtu.be/auXfAHHNSFo

>Senna got Honda to stop helping Prost.
Yeah, another thing that the documentary conveniently failed to mention.

Well okay to be fair it went both ways. The Japanese were completely star struck with Senna. They viewed his passionate driving style as being very close to a cultural ideal of pure fearless action with out interfering thoughts. This was in contrast to Prost who was very cerebral. If he needed a 5th place to win the championship he would get 5th place and not even both with challenging for 4th. Senna was also the first driver to absolutely obsess over the technical setup of the car. After driving a test day he would stay many hours at the track discussing and working on setup with the engineers. Sometimes he would even keep them there to make sure every detail was gone over.

All this ended up really endearing him with the McLaren and Honda engineers. So when Senna and Prost stopped talking to each other and there was a side to pick, they picked Senna's.

To the people calling him an asshole. On track he was absolutely brutal. He could play psychological games with the best of them. But that side of him did not extend past competition. Every time there was a major accident he was by far the most concerned driver. IIRC when Ratzenburger died, he stole a course car to drive to the scene and see for himself.
He looked at racing as a way he could help Brazil. If he fully developed his tallent he could give Brazilians something to be proud of. That is why he always had the flag with him. He wanted Brazilians to see they didn't have to be poor, they could compete with the rest of the world. He secretly donated a large portion of his winnings to Brazilian charities.

the proof is in the pudding. he won 3 championships against very competitive drivers. just like hamilton winning his multiple championships, trying to argue whether or not he is/was a legend is bunk because we'll never know if he was or wasn't responsible for his ultimate success. he won races in dominant cars yes, but he also made very brash moves in order to take home the prize.

Great driver.

Has the worst fucking fans ever though.

>shit looks like it's going at x3 speed
Man the balls those dude have

>the proof is in the pudding. he won 3 championships against very competitive drivers. just like hamilton winning his multiple championships
Hamilton isn't anywhere near as good as Senna.

Senna got three podiums in his first year of F1 with a Toleman.

The Toleman car was about as equivalently shitty as the 2017 Mclaren Honda.

When have we ever seen Hamilton do something brilliant in a less than perfect car?

> When have we ever seen Hamilton do something brilliant in a less than perfect car?

So what you're saying is that Hamilton is actually Nelson Piquet?

hamilton was driving a dominant mclaren, but he still finished second in the driver's championship

...in his rookie year

Nothing more poetic than a racing driver who is at once a skilled road warrior and a selfless human being, dying in the course of pushing the limits of human and mechanical endurance.
Senna's death was at a lucky time, everything people remember him for is very positive. He will never not be remembered as a hero. When people remember him, they should also think of the many others who have died in pursuit of victory.

You aren't getting it.

2007 McLaren = Obvious to everybody that it was good enough to be a championship contender.

1984 Toleman = DNFed half the racers it entered. Generally a mid pack car when it did finish.

>Senna was also the first driver to absolutely obsess over the technical setup of the car.
Do you honestly believe that Senna was the first driver to do this?

>What does Veeky Forums think about senna?
i don't think about senna at all

Know virtually nothing about F1 outside of movies and documentaries, but he seemed like a pretty cool guy from the documentary.

Japs like him.

+3 titles.
+ Fucking skilled driver with great rivals (Prost, Piquet, Mansell) from a very different time in F1.
+ Fucked bitchs & models.
+ Got his own videogames with Sega.
+ Respected in Europe, popular among nips and beloved among hues.
+ Tragic death, died like a hero, presidential-tier funneral.
+ Tons of news, movie, documentary.
+ Family carry a philantropy institute.
+ Many figures and statues.

Well, you decide...

>Well okay to be fair it went both ways
Not really. Purposely detuning the engine for one of your drivers so that the other one has a better chance at beating him is both unethical and unprofessional. It doesn't matter how much you favor one driver over the other.

The fact that Senna needed more power to even match Prost driving the same car says a lot about how Prost was the more skilled driver.

>Senna had a GILF fetish.

Senna had a 15 year old girlfriend when he was 25.
He was a pedo, not a GILF fetishist.

Lauda was probably the first.

I personally view senna in the same light as I view dale sr; they were both talented as fuck but massive cunts who didn't live long enough to become seen as villians.

>Lauda was probably the first.
Not even. There's a history of driver-mechanics like Bruce McLaren and Jack Brabham who worked on and prepared the very cars they drove in the race.

He's no Fujiwara..

Maybe the greatest pilot of analog f1, but when electronics were introduced he struggled behind the others.

>can't answer the question
>baseless schoolyard insult
so you can't back up your argument at all then? Adorable!!!

The Williams car had a suspension failure. I think in the footage you can see him turn the wheel and the car just goes straight.

every week someone on Veeky Forums posts a thread about coasting in neutral and a thousand idiots come in and say its dangerous.

Meanwhile its fast and safe and Senna proves it.

Really skilled driver, but competetive to an unhealthy degree.
In the 1993 season Senna´s teammate was "the amazing" Michael Andretti. After 3 races Andretti(who sucked colossal amounts) was replaced by a young Finn named Mika Häkkinen. Häkkinen out qualified Senna(Senna was famous for being amazing in qualifying), which made him rather upset. After studying their laps, Senna went to Häkkinen to ask, that what did he do differently in that one crucial corner. Häkkinen told Senna to just have bigger balls and drive flat out, which made Senna lose his shit(kek). Couldn´t handle the bantz, huehuehue.

Hungary '09 And Monza the same year but binned it on the last lap proving how shitty the car was.

The steering column probably snapped, I think he knew it was breaking but it was Sienna's character to keep
Pushing until the car gave up on him that ultimately cost him his life.

This is official artwork.

LMAO. no wonder he killed himself soon after.

Has anyone from SA ever been able to handle banter?

Also Andretti good pls no bully