/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>Peak comfyness edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

>Factory Service Manuals for a lot of Hondas
shweet.org/Manuals/manuals.shtml

Bump the thread if you see it at page 10.

Vids:
>user's Civic
youtu.be/Ey3Fp8eVlIA

>Crashed S2k
youtu.be/B9aAftTSaxc

>Mint Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTBoDxWef88

>user's problem
youtu.be/PSpYnojJzMw

>Shingu's Snow
youtu.be/iQIOUHZcg98

>Toyota Shilling
youtube.com/watch?v=yv2KJEA9Hak
youtube.com/watch?v=LPYHWn_plh0

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=3OhaXXe6qYg

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

hondacivicrepairs.com/cyp-sensor.asp?q=Replacing the CYP Sensor - Honda&id=42
hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/1994-honda-civic-3dr_si-ka-5mt/distributor-tec.html
webmshare.com/0BoJ1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Current collage

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related.

fuck coldv winter starts

>tfw gotta get up at 4:45 for a 7am final cause fear of door freezing shut again.
fuck life.

Good luck nihga. I passed all my exams. Got a 74 for the last one when i needed 62 to pass.

hrv dude here again. Thinking about throwing some aftermarket wheels on. Any recommendations

Something 8" wide with +30mm to +40mm offset. Idk how big you want the wheels though

probably near stock. maybe 18s as opposed to the 17s it comes with. I really wanna stay stock size but its hard to find everything that matches.

Is the "peak comfy" picture a sedan?

You won't turn any heads driving a CM5 or it's gook counterpart, but they are comfy as hell.

no the thread picture. Is it a sedan?

Ahh, it probably is a sedan because the driver's door is really short.

Dude. Good fucking catch! I'm like how the hell did I not notice. I have noticed Hondas do have a comfy aesthetic to them. The type of getting picked up from the last day of school for the xmas break by mom. Your sitting in the nice fabric seats playing your gameboy as you wiz by all the lights.

fun fact about that new space under the gear nob. There is a dim light to illuminate we you have there. Just noticed that today

Got a new distributor ordered. Will return this one when the new one arrives next week.

>driving into town to go pay a bill
>rounding a curve
>car shuts off
>flip key to off then back on and it's good again

I hope this faulty distributor lasts that long. kek

I've heard Honda is really good at owning up to fuck ups.

It was some aftermarket one sold by a company on Amazon that resells returned items. I assume it was returned before because it's hard to tell if it's bad unless you install it and drive with it first. I found another seller on eBay that has a ton sold so it should be good with that one.

It runs better than my old distributor at least. The old one had some mad misfire. Would just floor it sometimes and it would just make popping sounds and not accelerate.

Why not go to the dealer. Your car is fairly old and parts should be cheap

The whole assembly is discontinued pretty much. Honda Parts Now wants over $200 just for an ignition coil and the dealer is always pricier than them.

This is pretty much the problem I ran into with mine. The three sensors inside are tied together and never sold. Once one goes out, you pretty much either find a new distributor or find a parts unit that has all three good sensors.

hondacivicrepairs.com/cyp-sensor.asp?q=Replacing the CYP Sensor - Honda&id=42

eeshh

maybe check scrap yards? The only people who own the model you have near me are Puerto ricans

the sensor inside the dizzy pretty much never go bad. its weird that youve had issues. If you need a coil though they pretty much all swap between each other. try a junk yard

Yep it sucks. I just got unlucky with this one I bought. It should be fine with this next one.

Even the OEM diagrams don't tell you about the three sensors. They're bundled into part number 4 here.

hondapartsnow.com/parts-list/1994-honda-civic-3dr_si-ka-5mt/distributor-tec.html

>Puerto Ricans

Yep they clean out all the VTEC Hondas in the yards here. Every time I go it's just D15 non-VTECs and even those can be missing their heads and stuff.

If this one coming in the mail fails I'll try to find a used OEM one. I didn't have luck last time I posted an ad on FB looking for one. I assume this one was returned for a bad TDC sensor and the reseller didn't know since they sell all kinds of returned products.

Aside from the much longer start ups and random shut offs, it revs very smoothly.

The ones near me are mostly chill. They like hondas enough to help a bro out. I'll ask if anyone has a spare.

Yeah they're pretty cool around here. Everyone here is B series though. D stuff rarely pops up for sale. It took a long ass time to find a OEM D16 header when my old one started getting holes in it.

Here's the reason for the bad CYP sensor.

>screw holding in the rotor came off
>bounced around like crazy inside
>broke off that ring on the shaft that interacts with the sensor

My buddy had distributor parts and I wanted to just change out the shaft but a bunch of the screws in mine were torqued too much and stripped.

Everyone around here is rocking K's and a few b's.
Everyone has been like
>pero lyke when r we goin 2 b swap the hrv
and im sitting here like. its a brand new fucking car.never

Kek I've had old men ask me if my car is turbo because of the AEM intake noises it makes (it's a kind of whistle). Had a co-worker always telling me to turbo it too. Not something I wanna do to my mile eating daily. Plus most cases you gotta remove the AC just to fit a turbo so no thanks. Supercharger sounds more interesting but obviously not as powerful. My buddy might SC his D16 ZC engine next year.

Agreed. Turbos are a bit played out. Honestly I just want fucking honduh to come up with another misized coupe. Here is my theory though. Honda drops accord coupe instead of redesign. Are they preparing for a prelude? Think about it. Why have two midsized coupes at one time? Drop the accord coupe...get some hype for a coupe and bang...prelude

That ring is called a reluctor.
I have a ton of spare distributor parts if you need some. Just let me know what you need and ill look

It is odd that they dropped the Accord coupe and then show off that cool looking electric coupe, when their only coupe left is a Civic.

The Prelude INX was very CB Accord like.

I think something is fishy. Toyota is coming out with that supra. Nissan is pretty much dead. Toyota already has a small coupe....Honda HAS to do something.

I have also heard something about a dct being testing in the u.s market civic. Apparently it was not released to alot of the world so they are testing it in those places and not just releasing it with the cvt

Good to know the actual name of it. My buddy has a box of distributor parts that had like three shafts all fully intact but I couldn't get mine taken apart without fucking the screws up.

I'll see how this one does. I still have my old one sitting around. If I can get the screws sorted out I can probably piece it back together.

They need to get back into the rear wheel steering thing. That's what put the Prelude on the map back with the third gen. ATTS was cool too but it broke so much people went for the base model instead. Maybe they can make a more reliable one now? Other brands use some weird torque vectoring that use the brakes but I heard from a Fiesta ST owner that it eats brake pads like crazy.

Does anyone know much about the check valve in the slave cylinder on 6 speed J series transmissions? If you shift fast and get right back on the gas, or even power shifted, can it cause the clutch to slip?

honestly i have no problem ditching honda if toyota comes out with something sporty. At least they are good at not putting cvts in sporty cars. Fucking honda offering the si and only in manual. Fuck them. I get it for the type r but the si only in manual...they need to get over themselves.

As far as I know, Honda has the most models available with a manual. The Si being manual only has also been a tradition since the badge became a thing as well. I'm not sure if they'll do any DCT stuff, but they do have a ten speed auto they've introduced recently.

don't get me started on the push button shit.

Yea but it should be fine if you upgrade the clutch and fly wheel. It helps the gear shifts to be more smooth and prolongs the motor mounts' lives.

Fit EV fag here. I think the dealer rushed or didn't do whatever refurb work they're supposed to do thoroughly so I'm taking it into service on Friday. The passenger side tire has a slow leak which explains why the TPS sensor kept tripping but I'm also missing my tire Jack and fix a flat kit out of the back for some reason so I'm going to try to see if I can get those.

either the previous leaseholder took them out and didn't put them back or the dealer / service department did and completely forgot

>Honda HAS to do something.
>hey guys hrv

Dude small ass displacement with a turbocharger lmao

I thought that was Japan's entire schtick though.

Maybe the Nanis have been doing that for a while but it's new here, I'd be a player on that 2.0L Civic with a manual, though.

Civics squad across the street from my house this morning

All three of those are super nice.

>Meanwhile in the states

>rice store

Every time I question why I got a Honda, someone reminds me.

Actively looking for a shitbox like this on the cheap to turn into a project

checked with paint

come on boys and girls

what? I *JUST* bought an ignition coil for less than 80$ from hondapartsnow. are you ordering it for d series or b series? there may be a price difference in the 2 but they're the same thing as long as you get the TEK brand (oem).

well fuck me I just checked and the price is 106$ now. I guess I should've bought 2 when the price was down.

What was this supposed to mean? Not everyone wants to drive some clapped out "meme" car to work every day nor do they want to drive a sports car to work. Please clarify. As of now (and im sure nobody will disagree) The hrv is the last honda being made with old school honda ideals in mind.

We need some for the Accord bois,

>Toyota has the supra coming up and a sports coupe in production
>what will honda do?
>dude hrv lmao

HRV is a lifted Fit. It's Honda cashing in on the cuv trend with nothing much else to put on the table. The Fit carries the small, light, fuel efficient essence of Honda while the HRV is heavier which results in less maneuverability and heavier fuel consumption.

Whoops I was looking at number nine in the list. Igniter assembly is over 200.

This proves you know nothing. The hrv handles better than the fit. The mpg is negligible as my hrv gets 40 on the highway. What is your argument?

I really do miss the two lanes. I appreciate the left turn lanes but only some streets have them. The bike lanes dont even go the lakeshore, they end just a few streets before.

webmshare.com/0BoJ1

Later model Buick smashed into three cars, two of them being new 'yotas. I still dont like how the cars aren't even at the curb, they're about a meter away. On the hill sections of the street turning the wheels does nothing since they wont catch on the curb and will be an obstacle for drivers.

Also what is your motivation for posting such b.s facts? Were the purely based on "MUHHH NO CROSSOVERS" or based on appearance of the cars? Could you be a sheep just regurgitating false facts? I'm actually genuinely curious. What made you pull that Baghdad bob moment?

We /2g/ now

i've never seen an ignition module go out. ever.

Doesn't he delivery pizzas? The on and off could have contributed to that. Imagine whoever had it before was also a delivery person...the car spent its whole life being turned on and off.

deliver* there I was sounding all weird again. I had such a long day.

Yeah my distributor would have been fine if that screw didn't come loose and break everything. The old one starts up in like a second still but the misfire is too much to live with.

Yeah I start up the car 15+ times a shift easily. Starter hasn't been touched yet. Pretty incredible.

>the car spent its whole life being turned on and off.
Just like some drunk horny dude at the bar lmao

My buddy had this old as fuck daewoo. Dude used to deliver parts with it and easily turned it on and off 30 times a day. The weirdest shit would go bad on it. Interior light burned out once, some interior door pieces wore out like it was sitting in a time machine. It was funny to see because it was a well kept car but like I said when weird shit starts going out. you know opening and closing a door 60 times a day does it.

SING ME A SONG PIANOMANNNNNN

Yeah I actually had to replace my driver door hinges because it was sagging so bad. Even the used replacement hinges still sag a bit.

2x4 and a jack. I'm not trolling.

By far the funniest thing that went bad in his car was the door handle. I remember getting into the passenger side once and trying to open the door from the outside and the entire thing came off

It really straightens it out? I'll have to try that.

My Corolla has broken three issue AND outside handles. They're the most brittle plastic ever. They're only a few bucks on eBay too because they break so much.

EG handles are surprisingly strong. Very durable plastic, and aerodynamic too.

Cars eh? no wonder people buy up. Instead of door handles falling off vanos decides to fail stranding you in the middle of nowhere

I had to do the same thing with mine. They're red now.

I hate eg handles. stupid sideways handles. at least if they wanted to open them sideways put them up on a little fatter door pillar so my fucking fingers don't slip out if I don't have a perfect grip. fuck eg handles.

Kek

Luckily mine were the same red as the old one. Yay common colors.

Mine slip every now and then but overall I like them. They don't show scratch marks as much as traditional ones at least.

Subaru XT handles confirmed best?

best for trapping bees. integra/ek handles are goat.

lol first thing i thought when i saw this interior was comfy

>could have a chance at buying a ef8 glasstop

Put me down for a CRX. 91 Si. Pic to use follows

>Steering wheel thicker than a bowl of oatmeal
>Leather stitched everything
What's the point of Acura again?

supposedly better quality materials

I do like the ilx because the normie auto and normal compact size

>Acura ILX and TLX built in Marysville Ohayo just like the CM (which is made of decent materials itself)
I'm all about that touring model Accord life now.

not with that push button shit

Like this? Buddy added it to his EG coupe project.

Cool dude.Nah im just skeptical having it on something like a transmission. Could you imagine it game boy buttoning itself and getting stuck

Ohh the trans where the gears are buttons instead of a lever? Yeah fuck that. Though if I'm getting a new Honda it'll be a manual.

Thats the thing. If i want a midsized fricken sedan I want an auto. What the hell is honda doing.Actually almost all midsized sedans now have that push button transmission shit. All except the new camry which looks pretty fucking good

Will add fâm

Please tell me you weren't rubbing dry dirt and dust off your paint.

Eh, Toyota has superior autos anyway so I'd go that route. My 94 Corolla shifts smooth as silk.

He left the murder weapon right there. Of course he was.

balling. I love the way then new accord looks. Its a fucking shame. That roof though...have you seen it? Its welded or something.