Let's say your dream car is totaled...

Let's say your dream car is totaled, but it still drives fine and you really do not want to part with it because you spent hours overnight on the configurator to get it 100% perfect.

Would you give it back to the insurer, or say fuck it and keep driving it damaged?

that depends how damaged. if its like the pic with severe frame damage and possible damage to other vital parts then yes. if its just a fender or door then no

You say fuck it and rebuild. Quarter panel on passengers side is bashed it but I'll get around to it eventually.

>pic
NO RUST, CLEAN CAR

MY PRICE IS FAIR AND FIRM

Here's my $4500 WRX limited at a time attack.

Rebuilt title, still can make a profit on it after winter if i wanted, but I don't care, it's awesome. Want to STi swap with another, more damaged STI.

It's my favorite 4 door subaru, and was already totaled, now I can enjoy the fuck out of it.

The content inside that engine bay is reason to keep! Seriously hough if its only panel keep it. I'm slowly replacing a fender 2 bumper piece on mine. It will set me back 800 bucks color matched once set and done.

>Tfw a car you bought had a clean title but had severe frame damage but since the insurance actually fucking paid to have it fixed, it's a clean title
It's unibody frame so I imagine they replaced that piece and called it a day. It does drive fine though...but man what a sad day.

Thanks, ive done a lot of work to it, drivetrain and suspension. Which fender and bumper? Just so happens I have a red passengers firebird fender and rear bumper left over.

wtf is a configurator?

Depends on how damaged "totalled" is. My shitbox is worth so little that fixing the scrape on the rear quarter panel and repainting the bumpers and spoiler would "total" it, even though it's purely cosmetic.

rebuild and take it as an opportunity to rice the fuck out of it

Nice car user.

How bad are we talking, I've repaired a ton of repairable writeoffs and I would do the same for my hero car. If not repairable I'd buy it back at a pittance for parts.

This car is an accurate representation of my life

Where you build your own specification of a car model and you send the order to your local stealership so they can relay it to the manufacturer.

Atleast that's my interpretation.

My dream cars are getting rare enough that losing one would be a serious loss for the community, I'd 100% rebuild even if it was more expensive

>tfw I argued with my insurance company to get a damage estimate for only $4,100 since they thought that would total the car
>hit them with comparables & receipts for $12k appraisal
>pancake still has a clean title
I'm 100% committed to this chassis and I'm blowing the money I had for a R32 GTR on sentiment. quoted $7k for pillar up vertical swap and frame machine time.
after that it's getting stitch welded & caged.
I know I'm wasting money and have the opportunity to just reshell into a proper 180sx, but I'm too attached to my shitbox

how the fuck are you alive my man

The speed limit is a helpful suggestion.

A & B pillars buckled, Bride Eurosters held up the roof over our heads
crash speed was at ~35mph only reason I got a not at fault & money from insurance was because I had an off duty EMS guy driving towards me & watched a group of deer run into my lane and he left a statement in the police report. S13's are just wet noodles with 20 year old japanese sheet metal barley holding them together

>Bride Eurosters held up the roof over our heads
fucking wew
>90s shitbox deathtrap meme is true
yep

That's why I got out of the tuner game. Cars are so much safer every 2/3 years there's no point. If you play the "fuck safety" meme then I can too, with an M endorsement and superbike for 1/10th the cost.

I walked out without a scratch, I didn't even realize how caved the roof was until I popped my quick release to free my legs & the whole car shifted forward. turns out my Nardi smashed thru the windshield & was supporting the weight of the car.
But proper safety shit can go a long way, that weekend was my last drift event before getting a cage. Only reason I was even driving the S13 was because my daily driver AE86 was pulled apart for a new GTS rear end.

Nardi's leather is a lil ripped up, but still the same shape and good to reuse.
Brides are gonna be turned into chairs tho & gonna put fix backs in there with the cage.

assemble hell

Did you flip it or what?

damn skippy

Assuming I'm not on life support or have broken legs/arms/fingers/wrists....

I'd get on Craigslist and start looking for a replacement. 5 speed Accord wagons are rare but not impossible to find if you expand your search parameters.

I've already slammed one FF car('95 4-door Accord) into a curb, and I can say with fair certainty that after even only one incident at 30mph, it never drove the same.

Frame warped, cracked the radiator, all 4 control arms had to be replaced, exploded right wheel bearing, exploded right CV axle, didnt crack the aluminum wheel but it got a really nasty gouge that completely ruined the wheel, basically worth nothing other than being a functional wheel. Basically when it was all done(had a shop dp the work) it cost nearly the same as the car was worth.

Got an alignment and even after everything was replaced it pulled right.

Had it aligned again and it pulled right after about a week/300 miles. Started to destroy the front left tire because the toe-in was so fucked, rotated tires and it started to destroy the next tire. Decided that going in for an alignment every 2 days and new tires once a month wasn't a reasonable choice and parked it for good.

Got a '94 5spd Accord Wagon about a year later, Ex sedan became the donor car for the wagon, began converting LX wagon to and EX, swapped the nice doors, hood and fenders from old car onto new, swapped rear sway bar and chrome trim from sedan onto wagon, next the sedan Vtec motor will replace the non-Vtec wagon motor. Once that is done, I'll take rest of the electronics and motors from the sedan and keep as spare parts for the wagon.

Sedan will go to pick'npull and I will probably cry. Goodbye first car, you served me well and I'm sorry I was a teenager when you came into my life, you deserved better :,(

>tfw a 1991 Honda accord was the best car I've ever owned
New cars just aren't the same

>blowing the money I had for a R32 GTR
You fucking retard.

Why not just buy a different S13

Eh, they'll be cheaper in a year or 2 anyway after R33's make their way into the US
sentimental attachment, I've had it since I was 17, not exaggerating when I say that it led to me meeting my gf that i've been with since then & got me my job despite lacking credentials since my then boss knew me by that car

>sentimental attachment
Hey, best of luck to you man. I rolled a car that my uncle had owned for 16 years before me. If I had the means, I'd have loved to keep it and fix the roof. I feel like I destroyed something of his, even though he had sold it to me. I haven't talked to him for a year since it happened, and I'm so ashamed to.

I'm glad that you're going to save that car, and I'm really amazed at how far it had come. I'll be watching for updates.

ka1ash, sorry to see this. I remember seeing you build your car throughout the /scg/ godspeed

thanks my dude, I've already 'destroyed' this car a few times & just keep fixing it. after bringing it back from this, i really dont think they'll be anything that could separate me from this chassis.
I miss those threads, nofunallowed & apex ended up finding me on fb & ig after /scg/ came to an end, lmao

I just fucked around and followed you on insta, you might recognize my 240

ayyyy the same red stock boi?

C4 like always, give me a follow back dude