Worth buying GT3?

Hey, recently test drove and consulted with my local Jaguar dealership for a new Jag F-Type as my daily driver.

Today a long time friend of mine had caught wind I was buying a new card and brought up that he had good connections with a an out of town Porsche dealership and said that they are trying to sell out their current fleet. One of cars in the fleet was a used 2015 GT3 with very low KM (around 4k).Went to go check out the car and said they were pricing it at 145K CAD (113K USD).

My question is the GT3 worth buying over the Jag F-Type as my next daily driver? I would be paying about 50K more for the GT3. I plan to keep the car and drive the car for long time (around 8-10 years) and I know that Porsche's keep their value better than Jag's. Side note, I live in Canada so I also have to drive through snow, rain and ice at times.

Thoughts?

Go with the Porsche, it's just a better vehicle overall and for a daily it will be much easier to live with

>looks better
>sounds better
>performs better
>interior is better
>room for two more bitches

I am the biggest porsche apologist on this board, but I can objectively say the 911 is better than the f type.

Thanks for the feedback. Never owned a Porsche before, what would maintenance (all aspects) be like? I'm sure it would be more expensive than the F-Type no? Especially getting into the later years of owning the car (5+ years).

In addition, there are no allocations left, so it still worth it?

GT3 has no rear seats.
It's too uncomfortable for DDing.
Go with the Jaguar or get a 911 Turbo.

I have no problem with no seats. The F Type has no rear seats either, so it's not like I'm losing out on anything.

A turbo is really expensive here in Canada, especially new.

The jaguar will be the more comfortable daily, although the gt3 will perform much better. The gt3 will have more expensive maintenance costs but is less likely to require repairs than the jaguar.

The gt3 is a wonderful car, though check that the car does feature a lift and make sure that you can live with the design as it's fairly marmite. Personal note, I'd rather get an rs7 or m4 over the jag btw. All nice choices tho.

I think the Jag will depreciate more than the GT3 as well, if that matters at all to you.

Yea I can see the Jag being more comfortable but what if you're not driving it hours on end daily? Ah I see but will the GT3 last longer than the F Type? Thinking of keeping either car for about 8-10 years.

I did definitely see the lift option! Fairly cool! What does marmite mean? Those are nice cars too as well! I hate how Audi redesigned their new line though.

At some point you'll get a new car, so might as well go with the option that gives you more money back in the end, no? I'm assuming the GT3 would be a better investment in this case...

Hell yes. I drove a gt3 rs around a track and it felt faster than the gtr I also drove that day, even though it wasnt, but it felt like it was. It was insane. New dream car for me. I'll never own one though.

How did you get to drive a GT3 RS, rented out?

Depends, is is autotragic?
inb4
>HUURRRRRRRRRRRRRR PEEEDEEEKAYYYYYYYYYYYY

OP posted a 991.1 GT3, which are all PDK-only, 991.2 GT3s got a manual option again.

>I plan to keep the car and drive the car for long time (around 8-10 years) and I know that Porsche's keep their value better than Jag's.

Then why is OP autistic? A 991.2 GT3 with a manual is objectively a better car, and will keep it's value better than this.

The GT3 isn't meant as a daily driver, it's more of a road legal track car. You COULD DD it but the Jag would be a better DD. If I could take either for free, I would take the GT3 but I would prefer to have another car for DD duty.

The GT3 will last much longer than a jag, without a doubt.

The PDK is an amazing gearbox, make no mistake

GT3 will hold its value better, the Jag will be worth pennies after 8-10 years. I had an F-type R for about a year before getting rid of it. Great car, really entertaining but I couldn't live with just two seats. From a former owner, I'd strongly recommend you consider either the GT3 or just a Carrera S. Either will treat you better than the F type. The only caveat is if you are a sucker for V8 engine noise and love the way the Jag looks. It's certainly more provocative than a Porsche appearance wise IMO. But the Porsche is certainly the superior car.

Pic related is my old car right before I sold it.

Oh I was talking about the time I test drove it around a circuit track on need for speed undercover

Wow, thanks for the input, especially coming from a previous F-Type owner, much appreciated. How was maintenance costs like for the F-Type? I know that it will be more for the GT3 especially driving it all year round (through snow, ice, rain etc.).

Are we talking about the F-Type S or F-type R here?

F-Type R (rwd) owner here and can help shed some light on this if I have some info

F-Type R or the F-Type R Dynamic

Should have got the V6 with manual for 65k

forgot a pic.

I'm assuming you're referring to the R AWD correct?

If this is the case, it should be fine in the winter, but in terms of long-term value - there's a lot of them now. Luckily, I was able to get one of the RWD Rs and they'll more than likely be more collectable in the long-term.

However, comparing the AWD R's to a GT3 ultimately comes down to whether you're willing to fork over the extra 50K in hopes the long term value holds. I suspect the newer AWD F-type Rs are going to be coming down in value pretty quickly.

I live in Canada as well, the last two winters have been OK - as long as the roads aren't wet and there isn't salt everywhere, I have been able to drive it through the winter - this year I'm keeping mine in the garage though.

Ultimately, for a short-term daily driver (saving 50K) go with the jag.

If this is something you want to hold onto like you mentioned (8-10 years) the GT3 may be the way to go.

>I'd strongly recommend you consider either the GT3 or just a Carrera S
The GTS is the sweet spot for "sporty daily" imo. Some GT3-like sharpness thrown in over the regular Carrera S but still very much usable every day.

>Track car vs sports car
>DD

That question answers itself.

this pretty much.

The only thing that doesn't really make sense is the 8-10 year timeline really

Very nice! Did you consider white or silver as a colour?

Yep! R AWD. What about the 400 Sport, would you go for that over a GT3?

Good points and thanks again for your experience. I've heard the GT3 will hold up longer than the F-Type R in the long run?

the bubble popped, if you don't buy it you're missing out.

Honestly, I didn't consider any other colours. I first saw the car at the 2014 auto-show pic related and couldn't imagine anything else but the stratus grey.

I've seen the white & silver colours and they're nice too, the jaguar black seems to show swirl marks etc. much more as well.

Sorry, missed your question - I wouldn't even compare the F-Type S or 400 Sport to a GT3 - I would take the GT3 over either of those.

The only real dilemma is between the R & the GT3 imo

Also, if you end up choosing the R, get the carbon ceramics (Pic I first posted) it's a hefty option ~$14,000CAD but Jaguar will fit the car with the rims that only come with the carbon ceramics and were meant for the car - I don't like any of the other Jaguar wheel options.

here's another pic for reference - hopefully this helps dude!

Maintenance is comparable to equally-priced cars, but the brand is very reliable. The bubble has popped, and it's likely the car will maintain its value. That said, a 911 Turbo/Turbo S makes for a MUCH better daily driver, but will suffer worse depreciation. Really, however, it's all market speculation, and you should drive what you like, user, because you'll more than likely lose money, regardless.

PROTIP: make sure the GT3 comes with the wheel center lock wrench. Make sure you have two - one for yourself and one for servicing.

All GT3s become classics, especially if it's a manual or rare color. F-Type not that much.

911 Turbo is the car you want for DDing. GT3 would be a top of the line weekend car but i wouldn’t want to daily drive it

If you can find a Cayman GT4, buy it, but GT3 is good.

>PROTIP: make sure the GT3 comes with the wheel center lock wrench. Make sure you have two - one for yourself and one for servicing.
Not OP. Why would you even want that?
Serious question.

No spare tire and every Porsche service shop has at least one.

this
altho OP might have a nice bargain on his hands unless he's 22 and wants at least some luxury the gts has to be the sweet spot between collectable and DDing
I'm considering it aswell

>Racecar wheels
If you don't have the wrench or socket, good luck trying to remove those wheels.

He is 100% correct op.

If you want to DD a track car for 8-10 years you might sudoku yourself. Its loud and bumpy and most normies will hate riding in it including your future wife.

That being said, I would daily a track car but I would say maybe a BMW or Cayman is better because they are great at both.

They come with 50k mile warranties now, didn't need anything done on mine other than routine service which was around $700/yr

I'm neither poor nor a fag so no thanks

Why the R over the 400 sport? The 400 is limited addition

*edition

Ehh, I would be wary of "limited edition"

especially when it comes to a 400HP car. There's a a lot of reasons I guess.

What I'm trying to say really is if you're going to go with the Jaguar, go R otherwise, get the GT3

Yea I can see where you are coming from..

But at the same time isn't there an argument of if the car is limited edition (400 Sport, only 300 available in Canada), wouldn't hold its value well? (Not saying it will hold its value more than the GT3 though in 8-10 years from now).

Just buy a miata faggot

BMW’s depreciate like crazy, also BMW = Buy More Warranty

As someone with a 911 s who also lives in a very cold snow prone environment, I’ll say a few things. There is no remote start, which can be a large pain in the ass. Also the tires are very wide and kinda float on the snow and the rain. The speed of the s is plenty in all honesty and I think the gts is a little over kill, hooning can be difficult because the car has a tendency to slide a little, then hook traction and take off like crazy, instead of an arc style drift, it’s more like an L. Car is great, especially on nice weather days, but in the winter and in heavy rain it leaves some to be desired. I don’t have the 4s just the standard rwd variant. And also I can only speak for the pdk transmission (which is incredibly fast and really jumpy at times). Any questions I’ll try to answrer

Thanks for the insightful post and sharing your experiences with your nice 911. What's winter maintenance like? Has there been any days where you couldn't drive at all because of the heavy snow fall?

As well, in your personal opinion (as a 911 owner), would you go with the GT3 all year round DD for 8-10 years or a F-Type R, based off your experiences with your car. Thanks again.

what dealer im curious?

One just outside of the GTA