All-new Jimny leak

All-new Jimny leak.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fmrd_X9MUjc
youtube.com/watch?v=KsuBe2dmLdk
youtube.com/watch?v=tJMgie87afQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Motor_Corp._v._Consumers_Union_of_the_U.S.,_Inc.
youtu.be/qu7nYJxXxdM
drivingline.com/articles/celebration-at-the-2016-ultra4-finals
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>jeep renegade 2, electric niggerjew

Given the ridiculous success and profitability of the Wrangler it's a shame we won't be getting this in North America (unless some other maker rebadges them?)

CUTEEEEEE
>center tablet meme
ew

Is it made by the real Suzuki from Japan or by Maruti poos?

This I assume will keep the body-on-frame and real 4-low, making it a much more serious off-roader. Plus it's a qt 2-door.

It's the new global Jimny AFAIK.

Love the blue/white.

Doesn't look like the roof panels come off, although maybe that's a different spec. Ditto no fold-down windshield like a Jeep (don't know if anyone ever used that)

It's so qt and happy

the blue is so fucking adorable

It will not sell in US.

>a tiny version of the bronco we never got
hell yeah
unlike the renegade this actually looks like it has some ground clearance

It is the extremely poor man of G-class.

Do want

i bet this thing is a cuckmobile that cant go as hard as a real jimny

youtube.com/watch?v=fmrd_X9MUjc

T A B L E T
A
B
L
E
T

It won't be *for sale*, but I bet it'd sell like hotcakes. The Jimny a.k.a. Samauri a.k.a. Tracker a.k.a. 20 other things was a huge hit back before iirc Consumer Reports killed them and Suzuki along with it.

Is this real?

Are you real?

Are mirrors real?

Hopefully they ditch this stupid as fuck soft-top setup...

The fact that the G-class is now a luxury vehicule is the actual issue.

...for the simple old one.

Samauri's looks so fucking great, are they all wrecked by off-roaders by now?

It's a moe G-class

also, it's probably more capable off-road than the new G-class because the latter is pigfat and now has haldex cuckery instead of proper locking differentials

>exposed leaf spring supports in the front

One tree stump and your suspension is fubar

Rust killed 90% of the Samurais until they became somewhat rare and people started fixing them instead of just buying another one.

>jeep
Except its actually reliable, well built, not driven owned by macho fags

>locking diffs
>Dana front axle
>sway bar disconnect
>6 speed manual
>2.0t, 3.6 V6, and diesel 3.0 V6
>available in 2 and 4 door
>pick-up version
>high resale value

Still gonna take the Jeep

If you're comparing apples-to-apples, a base 2-door Wrangler will still be over $5k less than a Jimny. You could put that $5k into aftermarket and likely have a more capable vehicle than a Rubicon (if you're talking strictly off-road ability).

*still over $5k MORE

why does it look like an adorable hummer
stupid americans are gonna think its a joke car when they fist see one

Me thinks this is the bad kind of retro. Too clean; doesn't look completely function-before-form which is what made the classic ones great; actually looks more like a Jap cube van than a rugged off-roader.

FJ had the same problem.

Well not this awful at least.

I actually like the FJ Cruiser's derpy look. But it was mostly form before function.

I actually think the center tablet looks okay in this one even though it usually doesn't. There isn't a ton of space taken up by plastic trying to make it look decent, just a relatively tight box around what is actually a fairly small screen. It blends in with the rest of the boxy interior quite nicely.

It kind of reminds me of aircraft navigation and radar screens.

>jeep
>any good

kill yourself amerimutt

it look like it came out of ARMA 3

A NEW 2door compact boxy SUV that may be body on frame in this day and age?
I have a MIGHTY NEED, please don’t mess this up Suzuki

Are any Suzuki vehicles imported to North America under another brand? AFAIK the GM hookup is all finished, right?

Not sure what brand GM would sell this as anyway.

Pajero's are pretty big.

True, I just miss 2door SUVs that aren’t wranglers in general

Mitsubishi also made a babby version (Pajero iO/Pinin)

Yeah, there used to be LOADS. What happened?

I suppose 2-door cars are also going extinct.

Dare anyone to watch this and not get nervous as fuck: youtube.com/watch?v=KsuBe2dmLdk

Looks like my daily drive

t.russian

>uploaded 2014
>75 views
>most probably from this thread

HOLY HELL. This is sad. Suzuki seriously needs some meme help from us.

>also, it's probably more capable off-road than the new G-class because the latter is pigfat and now has haldex cuckery instead of proper locking differentials
>haldex
>more capable off-road than G-class
research before spewing false information

There are still 2 door Mitsubishi Pajeros and Toyota LCs

>Suzuki seriously needs some meme help from us.

They suck at branding their 4x4s. "Jimny" sounds like a gay elf, and the current generation (which goes back to '98) looks like weak shit.

They should have adopted the "Samauri" name worldwide since it sounds badass, and kept with the hardcore boxy styling all along. They'd be printing money a la Jeep.

youtube.com/watch?v=tJMgie87afQ

Base Jimny crushes the Renegade Trail Hawk off road.

Get with the times. The '19 G-class has electronic clutches instead of mechanical diff locks now.

Interesting... According to them, Jimny is a death trap, and Renegade has more safety features. No wonder why Suzuki is finished and bankrupt in US, thanks to our crazy lawsuit-happy society. :^)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Motor_Corp._v._Consumers_Union_of_the_U.S.,_Inc.

Looks like suspension is really shitty on G.

Less travel than 60's era leaf spring suspension.

youtu.be/qu7nYJxXxdM

wrong again.

What I don't get is how the Wrangler survives in the US given all the ways an idiot could hurt themselves with one.

>Jimny is a death trap

That's kinda obvious. It's been manufactured with barely any changes since the 80s (and wasn't a particularly safe car even back then), is prone to roll-over like you'd expect from a tall but narrow body-on-frame SUV, has no side airbags or any electronic safety aids beyond ABS.

Pretty sure the Jimny doesn't have diff-locks, even on the hub. Can anyone correct me?

>G class has less suspension travel than Uaz

that's because the Germans know how to build roads and Russians don't :^)

Yes, those buttons remain. They activate electronic clutches, and although Merc promises that they won't overheat, I have doubts. Have you noticed that the '19 G-class has no axle in the front now?

They don't. There are aftermarket ones though.

It's open front and rear, no lock.

Center is always locked when in 4wd.

gwagen if full time 4wd so it needs center lock (same as lada niva).

hubs have nothing to do with it. They're for disconnecting front drivetrain - for better fuel economy and longevity.

Does the Wrangler have them on the base trims?

>It's open front and rear, no lock.
>Center is always locked when in 4wd.

So this means if you lose all traction on one side of the vehicle you're fucked?

>Have you noticed that the '19 G-class has no axle in the front now?
Why MB wants to do that?
>It seems that Mercedes wants to offer a much better ride quality on the road without compromising off-road prowess. From the spy shots of the development mule, it seems that Mercedes will not abandon the live rear axle. The front will also likely feature a live axle as it allows for high capabilities in off-road. It also seems that they are going to use quite a bit more aluminum and high-strength steel. This should allow for as much as 440 pounds of lost weight.

Nope, it only has fakery via brakes. You need the Tru-Lok option to have real diff locks.

What the downside to the brake method. Would seem to accomplish the same thing, no?

The off-road features are just a marketing bullet point at this moment - most G-wagens come with stupidly big rims and asphalt tires as thick as electric tape, and top versions have oversized brakes so you can't put off-road wheels on there even if you try.

>no axle

Wow didn't know that.

Not that it matters since it already sits so low you can't get over medium height curb.

Severe wear of brake pads and disks.

According to spies, it still has axle. see

I don't think so, there's so much more energy in stopping car from 100-0 km/h than almost stationary modulation of little brake power to one wheel.

Yes. But turning the front wheels typically helps.

Nah, it's confirmed that it'll be IFS.

It's not just a little brake power. The brakes have to essentially counter-act a significant proportion of torque coming from the engine, while you're revving the engine up. Plus, this typically happens when the car is sitting in dirt or sand, so all that abrasive stuff goes into the brakes.

Here's the million dollar question

How heavy is it?

likely around 2500 pounds

The current one is under 1500kg gvw, vs. over 2200kg for the 2 door Wrangler.

The owners of G63 and G65 will never go Off-Road, but still rarely. At least, they are confident to know that it still has that capability.

you guys underestimate Mercedes/German engineering.
New US army JLTV is 4 wheel independent suspension,
H1/ humvees are 4Wheel independent suspension,
huge TATRA military trucks are independent suspension.
And Pinzgauers, which were also made by Steyr Puch in Graz, like the G.
Jason Scherer was the 2016 national champion in Ultra-4, running IFS
drivingline.com/articles/celebration-at-the-2016-ultra4-finals

>they are confident to know that it still has that capability

The irony is that it doesn't. You can have all the off-road tech in the world, but it won't help if you're trying to navigate ten inches of mud on 305/35R23 slicks.

Are there any cars with a live front axle left besides Wrangler and a couple Russian living fossils?

this is better
i would love to have an old classic Samurai, one that's not been molested by some redneck offload retard

I like how the new one is bringing back almost all the styling cues. Round headlights, clamshell hood with the two slats in the side, flat windshield, etc.

It would have been cooler still with the exposed door hinges and gas cap, although the DR motorcycle mirrors would be a bit much today.

...also the new grill looks too much like a Jeep-knockoff. They should have just spelled out SUZUKI in huge letters.

>they fell for the infotainment meme

you were suppose to be different :/

>he doesn't know about FMVSS 111
anyways, I love center screens apple play / android auto is super useful, plus having a large navigation display is nice.

maybe they have 360 degree vision cameras as an option

then that screen suddenly becomes very useful for extreme non-mud off-road use

>360 degree vision camera
This is supposed to be cheap and practical. They'll probably have to grudgingly add side airbags, but I wouldn't expect any gimmicks.

There's nothing expensive about that. You literally only need 4 cellphone tier cameras and a piece of software that stretches the images in a specific way.

It's classic Suzuki grill.

It still has everything that made the Jimny so good (body on frame, lockable 4WD system, decent ground clearance, low weight, tiny wheelbase)/

Hell, "Sidekick" was a pretty good name too for a dependable little off-roading companion.

IFS only works if vehicle is wide, CV joint angles become impossible on narrow track vehicles.

Also Tatra/Pinzgauer are not really ifs in classic sense, those are swing axles and also have portals, even h1 has portal hubs.

jltv is just huge and has short arms so not really lots of suspension travel for it's size.

IFS is superior in every way to solid axle but only if it's expensive with long long arms otherwise you end with no stroke at all (pic related).

Looks like a poor mans G Wagen tbhfamalamadingdong.

MAYBE CORNER SLOWER YOU FUCKING RETARDS

They've done a great job designing it; It makes the last gen look newer and modern.

Fun fact.

Samurai for US had wider axles than European version so dumb fatburgers could not tip over and kill themselves so easy.

You're better off importing a 90s Jimmy from Japan at this point.