/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: SPLATOON 2 IS NOW OUT

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!
-The Inkbrush is out now!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

> list of FC:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y-zt8u4va5GuDYnX_ToKfRUFRHu-1izMtE6ifaRK4II/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13509466
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for post your woomys

*Teleports behind you*

Second for the final boss was the hypest boss fight since fucking Senator Armstrong

ok

Did they fix it?

What's a squid crime?

>mfw during the whole fight
Might be the best Nintendo final boss since Galaxy at the very least

>Relevant captcha: CALLE DRIVE

Why are there 2 more slots for music in the minigame than songs we know exist? Why are they mixed in with the splatfest songs?

last time I'll ask, notice me dataminer-senpai

What's up with the flag in the weapon select. Also the Joy-con's vibration hurts my hands.

>Sheldon Request : Rainmaker

It's still 2fort garbage.

Is she shitting her pants?

BUFF AEROSPRAY
U
F
F

Just wish it was a bit harder. Maybe it's because I wasn't as good during the first game but that one felt a lot more challenging.

How do I scout out the stages? Is it in option in the Y menu?

It wasn't as hard as it could be, but the epic music selection, Rainmaker, and general emotions I was feeling during the whole thing made it perfect.

>One win away from getting out of the Cs in Tower Control
>Kill the entire enemy team but trade with the last guy, only a few meters left
>Suddenly connection unstable
>Kicked from match

>Mode changed to Rainmaker

Please post sad squids.

Is it possible to ragequit Splatoon?

You're weird, sir. I spent a ridicilous amount of time on my Wii U, including 400 hours in Splatoon and my controller has zero faults thus far

it means you're dry.

You can only reply to this post if you own at least one Hero Replica.

Is there a reason why Salmon Run isn't always up like regular battles? There are such huge gaps between upcoming times

Is my woomy fresh, /ink/?

They're currently the only weapons I have aside from the Splattershot Jr.

Flag is freshness level, changes color based on what it's at.

Yeah that's pretty fresh, I like the jacket
What is it?

F R E S H

I don't have any hero replicas
Fite me

Look I'm a soundcloud rapper

Birded Corduroy Jacket, it's a three-star shop item. It's especially great since runspeed goes well with splatling.

spot on lmfao

I take a charger into rain maker

>go through all the stages with splat brella hoping to get it early
>game won't give it to me
fuck you, game

Missing bloodshot eyes and socks with those sandals, but pretty spot on considering limited options.

I love my Hero Heavy Splatling

Because pic related

Or a tourist

That's amazing, I saw that same pic the last time I was in the square.

There's a weird lack of good chargers. I dunno if it's just all the fresh blood (and charger is kind of a high skill floor weapon) or if chargers really are worse in splatoon 2.

But yeah, chargers are great in all ranked modes, have fun

Look at what happened to MvM in TF2 and you'll have the answer.

>have fun

You heard Mr. Quads here. Have fun!

Wait just a fucking second, I just realized that we don't get the Octoling armor for completing the campaign. Why would they remove it? Do they plan to lock it behind a Marina amiibo?

Aerospray really is top 3 dead or alive in this game

Should I learn to get good with gyro controls? I find I have much better control with full stick aiming and I constantly lose 1v1's with gyro enabled. It likes to constantly move down so when I'm fighting I'm just hitting the floor. Normally I get 700-900 on a loss but with gyro off I can get around 1200-1500 instead. My micro sd card seems to be bad so I wasn't able to get a direct screenshot from the game, sorry for the tv screenshot.

Hero Dualies reporting in

It's a subtle difference

WHY HAVENT SHOPS UPDATED

Toxic Mist is the new Kraken.

try to spray up a wall quickly and that'll by my answer.

Gyro requires practice, but is ultimately the better choice (especially for precision weapons). Sticks are easier if you play other shooters on consoles, but might make transition more difficult later if you decide to. It's up to you.

Though if you prefer shorter range weapons like dualies and splattershot, it might not be quite as big a difference.

If youre planning on playing and trying to compete in ranked, then yes.

Put both controls on low sensitivity, ~4, then play multiple casual games until you get used to them and figure out the sens you like

Forgot to quote

I think they update at midnight your time

You think enemy ink is a common masochistic kink among inklings? You think there are inklings to have Marie push them onto a bed covered in her ink and roughly fuck them while they squerm and writhe in in the sticky, burning substance? because I kinda want that

fucking hell teammates get good fucking fast.

I-I want Marie and Marina to do this to me

Good gear abilities for the Dualies?

I dont really have problems doing that either, I originally thought it was gonna be a pain but it's not as bad as I was thinking.

I can definitely see weapons like the charger being better with gyro than no gyro, but I don't plan on using that weapon anyway.

So far I've been using around -3 for sens, I guess I can try it with gyro at -4. I just hate it when I'm fighitng someone and the gyro fucks me over by slowly moving down so I end up dying. Sure the reset button exists but I shouldn't have to do it while I'm fighting someone, it's gonna completely change the angle of where I am shooting, sometimes it's not even in the direction of the player I'm fighting

Strength Up

Strength up EVERYTHING.

I'm not joking.

When's the last time you calibrated your motion controls?

That's like saying 'i enjoy having acid poured over my skin'

aka no one says that

not him but how do you do that

That could be it, I'll try doing it the next time I play splat tim 2. Forgot it was actually there so duh on me.

I never really played ranked in 1... what is the best gun for rainmaker?

but some people like hot candle wax being dripped on them

Do I use gyro to turn as well as aim up and down? I tend to naturally use the stick...

Blaster, not even joking. Take advantage of Toxic Mist and splat damage.

Whatever you're comfortable with. Rainmaker is probably the most balanced mode weapon choice wise

Anything is good. I main Blaster across all modes though.

I'm not familiar with the lore, but i'd think ink is extremely painful considering it makes you explode.

Any gun. I feel like looking at what maps are on is more important if rainmaker is on.
Curling bombs are pretty good for making a path, though, as are baller and ink shield

Switch main system settings.

You use stick.

stick flick is great for turning

>teammates outright refuse to use their panic button specials on round 3 or in actual panic situations of salmon run

Enemy ink can make you explode, but only if you get shot at by it. Just lying down in the ink won't kill you.

Water, however, is fucking brutal.

>Octolings still aren't playable

Hope they're saving them for the "big" update that'll probably come around in a few months.

to be fair the stingray doesnt do much in panic situations

>no easy way to see which level was done with which weapon without superjumping to EVERY level
This is retarded.

Oh yeah. I just dont wanna endorse your weird fantasies. even though i wanna bang my squid

where are they now?

Meh, it ain't my fantasy. I'm not into pain play. Seems relatively vanilla to me, though.

Stop it, user, you're making me want that. Squid boys mucking around in each other's ink...

It's really disappointing how the Callie and Marie amiibos only let you take pictures in one location and wont let you change their gear.

I think there will be an expansion to single player at some point. One of the sunken scrolls mentions that Cap'n cuttlefish and Agent 3 went to some cape and Callie runs off somewhere after you rescue her, possibly to go meet them.
Maybe the Octo gear and playable Octolings can be unlocked then.

Look at the records tab.

Is it just me or is the new rainmaker shot way, way better than the old one

Actually, they just can't swim. Exploding seems to be just the squid in question forcing a respawn rather than drowning. And also
It's my weird fantasies, not that user's. Though I wonder what effect inkling ink would have on a human? Probably a more pertinent question regarding what I want Marie to do to me.

Dadcore act that opens for fresher upcoming bands with more transgressive styles

It's time to end this.

strawpoll.me/13509466
strawpoll.me/13509466

Thanks guys, I'm going to try out some guns to see what feels good.

Real fucking funny.

>Wallhack laser
>Able to store a charge for a time while squidding

chargers have never been better. it's only that they're very hard to use. I've mained them since the very first S1 Testfire and I'm still only "good" with them, not properly "amazing" or whatever else.

It works on high tide for glowfly bumrushes.

That's about it, though.

Yeah, but I'm the one stuck with it half the time

What's the problem?

Has anyone made a gif/webm of Marie shooting Callie in the face

>tfw fighting the roller boss with a ranged weapon
I almost feel bad for him/

There are no damage/defense up abilities in Splatoon 2.