unnecessary
bodywork

that car looks like they too design inspiration from a group of 7 year olds

>he doesnt understand aerodynamics

>A shoddily built Diablo with an uglier body
>Good looking

you can have a body honed towards aero without all of that mass

fuck thats sexy

blame shitty safety regs that cucked car designers to create "safe" pedestrian friendly boring soap boxes till the end of time

High beltline looks like shit.

Sadly the last car to have a low beltline (the viper) and alot of other just arnt made anymore

>how you want your supercar senpai?
>just 4000lbs 3spd automatic my shit up

It's a great car and I'd love to own one but even after buying it, you have to at least spent 30k a year. That's kind of sad.

I'm not even American but that design is one of the coolest i have ever seen on a car. If that came out today and someone told me it's a new car, I'd believe them.

>Made mostly out of Carbon fiber and Kevlar
>Still weighs 4000lbs

The absolute STATE of the W8.

I mean it still had power to cope with that mass I mean you could crank the boost on them from the controller and bring it upto 1200whp at the max setting. As for the transmission yeah, auto is kind of questionable in a car like it but I think it was the only thing they found that'd fit and not Grenade on them. Personally I think the W8's a neat car allot of cool shit they had, and they got fucked by a shit situation.

I wouldn't say they look new but they definitely look cool in my opinion.

I met Gerald Wiegart (the creator of the W8) before while he was working on and still actively promoting his jetski prototypes that claimed to handle like a motorcycle on water. This was about 10 years ago.

He's a surprisingly talkative guy when you get past his slightly gruff old man demeanor. I think when I somehow put his name together with the Vector, I immediately became extremely giddy about the W8 and he opened up and was pretty darn friendly. He's a guy with tons of great ideas in his head, just maybe needs to be pointed at the right team of people and resources to execute all his projects better.

Back in the late 1980s this thing looked so incredibly amazing and futuristic that it was mind boggling. While functionally its probably less than ideal, visually it still revs up my loins.

Think the Ford GT designers saw this and, well you know.

>and they got fucked by a shit situation.
What was that?

>He's a guy with tons of great ideas in his head, just maybe needs to be pointed at the right team of people and resources to execute all his projects better.
The supercar/hypercar market is in it's peak now. Give a great styling, give it some awesome tech plus performance and the Arabs will buy it in flocks.

that doesnt even look good in the slightest

a modern Kia looks more attractive

>carless teenager who unironically likes stance thinks he has any authority to talk about style
Invest in a length of rope ASAP, mate.

Arabs don't buy cars, they buy badges. No oil baron is going to buy a car from a company nobody's heard of.

Big tennis star bought one and promptly crashed it.
Yeah I know Supra headlights.

this.

I'm still a little sad this never got made.

Middle bottom row,yellow

This.
Looks like a squashed ChryslerTM 300M

>2018 - 0.0438
>not BLOATMAXXXing your car
Never gonna make it.

A fucking Camaro on drag.

Sucks.

To expand on what said. Andrei agassi wanted his car early so he could show it off, they didn't want too but they also didn't want to say no to someone that'd be good publicity for them you have to keep in mind Vector had been around for a bit there, most of their cars were all prototypes the W8 was going to be their foray into production, so they gave it to him and he started it despite them saying shit would probably be fucked if he did and it caught fire at his big party, which killed hype. On top of that they didn't really have money and a hostile corporation from Indonesia took over the car in OP M12 was made by them at that point they also owned Lamborghini at the time as such it's a rebodied diablo.

Apparently people who have owned the few W8s out there have said they're exceptionally well built granted IDK if anyone really flogs theirs since there's like 8 of them left at this point out of like the 9 or 10 made. Basically a bad choice in letting a car be shown off by Agassi, on top of money troubles getting the guys company taken from him led to Vector being killed before they could do something. They were onto something IMO at least but it's kind of the same thing that kills most every small US super car/sports car company, money typically.

Damn that's cool. Yeah he does have some cool ideas for sure, would love to see him get some money behind him and do something car related. He tried to get back into cars under the Vector name around 08 but never took off.

Neither did the people "designing" this, and I fuming love that car

so theyve been building prototypes for 30 years without even producing low volume production models?