/ovg/ - McLaren F1 Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Spam emojis on Discord
>hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing rFactor and AC on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58524-Jan-Seyfferth-Game-vs-Reality
youtube.com/watch?v=sY3D6pkpWQQ
youtube.com/watch?v=q9g8QHWJDt0&t=112s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_driving_and_racing_video_games
reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/7jsuuz/are_we_entering_the_golden_age_of_sim_racing/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tfw no Mclaren F1 in GT sport

this any good yet

I’m kinda amazed these things are going for over 10 million and never to be driven again. I remember one going for around 3 or 5 million years ago. What spiked up the prices?

>tfw no Maserati MC12 in GT Sport

>tfw no RB13 in GT Sport

>tfw shitty gtvision cars are in GT Sport

in the nfsu1 demo, looking around in the files and looking at debug/placeholder text shows that the devs shows pretty clearly imo that they didn't care much for the F&F meme
>tfw not one interesting car in gt sport i would ever want to drive aside from the stang

I like the homologated cars

Probably the saudi retards crashing them.

almost every car is homologated somehow

driving cars confirmed for gayest thing

Is arcade racing dead? It feels like game devs aren't at all interested in making good arcade racers anymore. Pic related is the only current one I can think of that's worth mentioning and uses actual cars instead of dumb shit with jetpacks and hang gliders glued onto the back.

Does AC have a good mod for the standard road-going McLaren F1? It only has the GTR in it.

I mean this for consoles especially. Though I guess it's worth noting that the only good arcade racer is a literal arcade-only racer.

I think it just changed. You'll probably never see hp2 tier arcade games again

I've had fun since launch, although I'd rather play other games on PC since my g27 and Rift don't work on PS4.
The weird little Honda motorcycle/car thingie is pretty fun, and that's just off the top of my head.

there is a paid version somewhere of the roadcar

"muh realism" is easier to market and easier to apply as a design principle

I heard paid mods were shit?

for the people who got into the the crew 2 alpha have you been able to play

everytime i try it tells me error connecting

You need to type in the IP and the port with a space.

ipxnet connect sjpcrepair.ddns.net 13954

Yes, but there's a recurring error that seem to affect some people so check the forums and make sure you're not getting it.

TELL ME HOW THE PLANES HANDLE IN THE CREW COMPARED TO GTA AND CAN WE LAND THEM
PLEASE

The Crew 2 is coming out soon.

>people actually caring about ubishit titles

wew

The sad part is the crew is still one of the better titles you can get for fucking around with cars and its even better when you throw in the bikes
That is the current state if racing games

>The bunch 2 have the Spitfire LF IX and the P51 Mustang
>no Su-35
wtf?

>No stuka
Cancelled my pre order

I don't even post in /ovg/, but this post made me feel.

Initial D Arcade Stage is pretty strong as well.
Other than that sega world driver's championship just released for which I hope that there will be a home console version

HERES ANOTHER EPISODE OF IAN BELL TAKES CRITICISM PERSONALLY

forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58524-Jan-Seyfferth-Game-vs-Reality

>VLN driver tests PCARS2
>Dislikes it for a variety of reasons
>PCARS fans get mad
>Ian Lel takes it as an insult

Like clockwork

Is no one gonna tell him about the unprofessional race car driver he hired?

He's soon to be made redundant to his needs

That's the real reason PRC was shutdown. Ian wanted to shit on that dude's face but whatever James would have done would have been a shitshow.
So he took PRC down then unleashed his bowels.

What's the best driving game with open world that'll work with a wheel? Ideally with G29 support so I can use the shifter.
Right now all I have is ETS2.

ETS2

who whiplash practice?

wait for the december update to drop with an actual career mode and some more cars, then yeah

Ok... at the first glance it looks like he needs publicity. He is on YouTube, he got a channel, he wants it to grow. No one makes videos for YouTube to keep them private so no one can see it. Of course you want to reach people, no matter if for money, for fun or both.
Suspicious at the first glance, but nevermind. I saw this video some days ago and didn't click it because the thumbnail already brags about him being a pro. And I hate such people. There is always someone better but anyway. Start thinking you know everything means to stop improving yourself.

So I never heared of him in a way I remember him as a great driver or pro. Nordschleife is close to where I live and I follow each 24h race every year. That's nothing bad so far.

Some turns are understeery, some oversteery. True, due to the different grip levels of the new and older tarmac patches. However this shouldn't be the absolute cause. I guess elevation changes in combination with The grip variety are responsible for this. The old tarmac is worn out and smooth, but some turns were so dangerous that after many deaths they got rectified, hence new grippy tarmac. Personally I don't feel the tarmac characteristics changing either, to be honest. But how does he dare - as a bragging pro - to say pcars is less realistic while driving default setups? He AT LEAST could have analysed downforce, camber, toe and spring rates with the default setup of AC and judge whether the handling differences in between those two might be related to the different base setups rather than a "bad physics modelling". And if I was a pro, I would copy AC setup to Pcars as good as possible and then test drive, then copy Pcars base setup to AC and test drive, and THEN judge. But he didn't. This way you can find out that if the setups are similar, they maybe behave similar as well?

So it might as well be that his information is complete bullshit. Despite being useless since he doesn't really go Into detail explaining what EXACTLY is off in project cars about realism. The fact that he is a pro - or brags being a pro - is no excuse for this. In fact after him bragging to be a pro I expect at least some detailed information and facts and testing to support his opinion. But he doesn't.

I don't want to say he is wrong. Maybe he is right, but in fact his talk is almost entirely useless and also partially misleading. In my opinion the testing he did is weak, the feedback is not even close enough to be helpful for sms and the remaining critics are actually depending on your own taste. It is also not understandable why he didn't even made a little effort and researched Google on whether nos is laser scanned. If his goal was about giving constructive criticism, then he terribly failed. Not only he was terribly subjective, but also it seems like he didn't really bother to look up facts and go Into detail.
And this is where the shit hits the fan. How can you trust someone's opinion when it's clear that he is more of an entertainer than being actually any helpful? For me personally, seeing people talk and brag like this (no matter whether fanboys or real race car drivers), permanently destroys my trust in them being somewhat credible.

I am pretty sure that the main goal of his video has been reached: publicity and audience for bragging. Positioning him above others. And we're delivering a solid platform for him to do so. It's a pity.

Is the server working? What's the IP?

p sure those are forum posts from the looks of it.

This is the correct racing line.

>He AT LEAST could have analysed downforce, camber, toe and spring rates with the default setup of AC and judge whether the handling differences in between those two might be related to the different base setups rather than a "bad physics modelling". And if I was a pro, I would copy AC setup to Pcars as good as possible and then test drive, then copy Pcars base setup to AC and test drive, and THEN judge. But he didn't. This way you can find out that if the setups are similar, they maybe behave similar as well?

Yeah so this racing driver should compare two video games together instead of comparing it to his years of real racing experience that makes lots of sense.

Ah, got it.

In the AC Nürburgring GP video he drove out of the pits and at T1 he was already like "Aaaahhhhhhh this feels totally right" lol Shut up Mr. Seyfferth! If you understand german and have a tiny little bit of knowledge of people/human beings (or how do you call it in english?) the case should be clear: he wanted to make his fans happy. Anyway, if you don't like PC2 then Mr. Seyfferth's video may be your ultimate proof and nobody will ever be able to convince you of the opposite, so it's gonna be going in circles, just like in the PC2 thread on the AC forums.

TELL ME MORE PLEASE
CAN WE LAND
HOW DO THE PLANES FEEEL

friendly reminder

if whiplash runs like shit, disable graphics options

youtube.com/watch?v=sY3D6pkpWQQ

Hey I found this. Watch it before it gets taken down I guess. Not much to see though

wtf is this shit?

youtube.com/watch?v=q9g8QHWJDt0&t=112s

skip to 1:51

What do if car won't move?

Look we had some of our real race drivers (who tell us we're as good as it gets) rip heavily into some of the competition to us privately. One in particular literally shocked at how wrong 'one of your famous sims' was in a certain area of handling. I always told them to not openly abuse or mention the competition in that way. This guy could learn something from that.

You know what I see is he's flooring it on cold tyres, stating Nords isn't scanned and a few other 'oddities'... I wonder if he's aware just how complex the sim is... I suspect he hasn't got his kit set up for us properly. I'm going to challenge him as I think he's wrong

OK I've just gone and looked at his Nordschleife thing. The big thumb down cover for our Nordschleife accuracy is a little bit embarrassing for him (as is the image itself). I mean, we used a scan to 0.5 cm accuracy all around and you don't need to take my word for it. We even used a scanned GP circuit so it would link perfectly...

He should have stuck with 'opinion', you can always get away with that. When you're objectively wrong though...

That's E3 gameplay you dumdum it won't get taken down

A GTR crashing into another car?

>holding the wheel with his thumbs up
>ramps
>GTR that has a faster steering rack than an F1 car
I'm out.

check controls

esc>set controls

nigga i ain't readin all that shit you posted

good

I SAID IM OUT

DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME?

IM NOT PLAYING IT

FUCK YOU

Man, I've watched more of it. He's running at about 8-20 FPS. Our physics will never feel as they should at those frames... It's all a bit sad really.

>Austin Ogonoski likes pcars2 more than both AC and RR. He is also a real race car driver.

which one of you faggots was this kek

It's an arcade racer what did you expect

this sunday, caterhams on nurburgring

Hmm...

Hmmmm...

ridiculing teenagers is a bit low. i bet you were posting stupid shit as a kid too, user

>people need a pro driver to tell them the game doesn't feel right
I guess everybody rides the bus
Muh lazer scanned mathematical simulation don't mean shit if the ground beef upstairs throws error codes while playing

I ground your mam's beef.

to be fair, as I kid I didn't have 75 fuckin pounds to blow on preordering a game over an entire year before its release

>I think I've let this roll long enough. Never in the history of the internet as a pro driver been so unprofessional. And wrong.

Ian Bell is so mad

I hope you go in for a routine operation at some point in the near future and unexpectedly die of complications.

I hope you remember this post when you're laying on the operating table.

how much do you want to bet james won't be anywhere to be seen until this dies down

Our physics are on a different planet to most of the so called 'hard core sims'. All with the exception of RF2 which uses partial and baked version of what we run real time and dynamically for the tyre modelling. Some of your favourite 'hardcore' and 'most realistic' sims are running brush model tech from 15 years back, some others predate that by 5-7 years with very basic Pacejka algorithms.

The number of cars doesn't determine the physics tech complexity.

All of the games he's comparing might actually be using the exact same laser scan data as it seems to have come with the Nordchliefe license. So they are all the same except only one simulates things like - seasons, weather, both general and localised, seamless 24-hour time of day, rain, altitude-based air pressure differences, wind, temperature variations over night and day and moving sun direction...

So he gives that one a big thumbs down

No one is doing the below:

INSIDE PROJECT CARS SETA TIRE MODEL

Racing, whether it happens in the real or the virtual world, is all about tires. That’s why Project CARS is powered by the revolutionary Seta Tire Model (STM) that plays a key role in making the WMD-powered title the most authentic virtual racing experience.

But what exactly does the Seta Tire Model do? Slightly Mad Studios’ physics expert Andrew Weber takes us for a look deep under the hood of the tire technology that drives Project CARS!

SETA TIRE MODEL DESCRIBED

Seta Tire Model (STM) is a full dynamic tire simulation. Actually, it is three coupled simulations, one for the tire carcass, one for the tire tread and contact patch, and one for heat transfer simulation. It is also modular, where different carcass and tread simulation techniques can be used interchangeably. For example, off road racing may use a different tread simulation.

CARCASS SIMULATION

The carcass simulation used in Project Cars is a finite element simulation with specific computational optimizations specific to real tim

All this to get some pixelated boxes to go vroom vroom and into fast

it doesnt even do that well

>the guy was playing on console and Ian is blaming his fps

kek

Name a better game

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_driving_and_racing_video_games

pick any

>release on console
>complain about performance hindering players
>your employees say that you are at fault if you buy the game without owning a $250+ peripheral
ebin

rFactor did not do these cars justice.
Spent 15 minutes trying to keep behind me a 320i that could outbrake me at every corner but I had him with raw power alone. Whenever I could put said power down on the road that is.

>I find it odd how some feel the desire to compare games to reality. Must be some sort of pride thing.

Jesus fuck, these people...

>can we land
Yes
>how do they feel
A twitchier GTA 5

How do we fix /ovg/?

>minor tweaks
so it wasn't built from scratch? But based on the one from PC1 with tweaks according to laserscan data?

Have you looked into a drivehub so you can use your G27 on the PS4?

post more rally related stuff

post fun

>there will probably be a way to dampen the twitchiness
AWWWW YIS WE GTA WITHOUT HOMO LAUNCHER NAO
thank

STARTED (near) THE BOTTOM NOW WE HERE

looks pretty, cool.

Lmao that german pro AMG GT3 driver has hidden his video from YouTube where he said that pc2 nordschleife isn't very accurate and ffb isn't all that good after Ian Bell and WMD shills started to talk shit about him

Its not the first time he silenced his critics

reddit.com/r/simracing/comments/7jsuuz/are_we_entering_the_golden_age_of_sim_racing/

So reddit is fawning over itself saying we're in the golden age of simracing. I think we're in a pretty shitty state for simracing. What do you guys think?