/fng/ - Fortnite General

First time for everything edition

>What is Fortnite?
It's a 4 player co-op basebuilder/tower defense with lot's of loot and various hero classes.

>Do I have to buy it?
At the moment yes, currently there are various founders packs for sale, starting at $40. It will go F2P next year.

>Where do I buy it?
fortnite.com

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/nhdbr8d
discord.gg/tAvyRRq
discord.gg/uXZHAyG
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Figured I'd give this a go. If anyone has any suggestions for the OP post them in here and I'll get them in the next thread. I know the current one is pretty barebones.

i should get some weak point gathering recorded
i think it's pretty neat
also SAVE EVERY NUTS & BOLTS YOU GET THEY ARE NEEDED FOR EVERY AMMO TYPE AND LASER AMMO IS EXPENSIVE AS HELL

>>why are you using your me--
>filename
I don't think I ever used lasers I always sicked to normal ammo and scraped any laser weapons I found same for RPG's and such

I think the only thing you might have to remind people is for anyone who was in the alpha gets a key for someone else along with all the per-order stuff for free

People in the alpha get a founder pack based on how much they spent during the alpha. People who spent nothing just get a discount on the buy-in.

Oh didn't know that think I got all the packs

Fuck why is that webm so Goddamn funny to me every single time?

I will definitely remember that for next time

The grind in this game looks astronomical. Just look at the tech trees past level 1. Holy fuck.

So is weapon evolution on the second skill tree? I've been looking around at it and can't seem to find the node.

Yeah it does look like it gets pretty grindy later on. Luckily me and my party got used to grinding back when we played Warframe.

I'm stupid. They're separated by weapon types, I was looking for one node that encompassed all weapons and glossed over the actual ones.

I give up, how do you use the B.A.S.E ability with the constructor. I want to end his quest and never play constructor ever again.

I'm pretty sure it works like a floor trap? it needs a floor space and maybe a roof and a wall touching it

Just a floor and possibly wall. I'm 100% it needs a floor. also requires full energy or to be in 'combat'. I've noticed if i want to put it down before starting the wave it says I can't yet moment I start the wave I can place it any time I want.

A rando I just had started dancing right as the mission ended.

Anyone know how to do that?

/Dance
Also
/Ridethepony

>I just did that
What hair color did they have?

The game is shit and repetitive.

black, they were the asian ninja, Dragonscorch is his name I think.

Then why did you buy it?

Look guys, first general and we already have our own baby dedposter

Someone just built pyramid from roofs on top of the point
husks will just walk up the slopes and are unable to attack the floor beneath them when they reach top of the target so they just chill there until they die

Its fun but I had to take a break. rng to stronk.

Post your favorite weapon

There was a few pistols I liked some time back but didn't find any of them yet

do you randomly get the "lootboxes" from missions?

also how is the inventory management when you dont dorp a ton of money for the bigger packs with inventory space?

If you mean the loot crates at the end of a mission its based on the over all points you get plus bonus missions like don't over build or do the mission within 3 days.

It should be fine as long you clean up what you don't use

i mean the pinata things, i just wanna make sure you can get everything with just the standard edition

You can get currency to buy them by completing missions.

some quests give mini pinata's and V-bucks that you can use to buy the normal ones outside of that you can just log in once a day to get mini pianata's and I think v-bucks but I don't know how often they give that now.

So after checking it Seems like the log in stuff doesn't give as many pinata's as it used too but I'm unsure on the daily missions

>PS4 version has full kb/m support
If only the cursor would show in menus

any discord up for this game?

yeah you wont get much pinatas if you dont buy em
it would be fine for f2p game
or maybe its fine
its going to take 10000 hours to fill out those skill and research tabs so theres that

>official Epic games Discord
discord.gg/nhdbr8d
>fortnite reddit discord
discord.gg/tAvyRRq

Will probably make a /fng/ one if this thread survives until I'm off work tonight.

Live

>+Damage
Its shit m8

why are some of these pixar ladies so thick?

Epic employs ass connoisseurs.
As all companies should.

>Its a "Pass the build limit" episode
My favorite

I don't get it. Do people not fucking see the big thing that says build limit on the righthand side of the screen?
I refuse to believe that they really just do not care?

They are just plain stupid, the forums have a lot of them

Only problem I have with the game so far is it's very rare to get good schematics without spending real money on llamas. Otherwise it's pretty good so far.

Make sure to do those dailies for vbucks

They don't give enough. The problem is it seems you can only get schematics from llamas. The fact that in-game chests don't drop them is ridiculous. You literally need to pay to get them or slowly get a few llamas a day and hope they upgrade and then hope you get a schematic that isn't shit.

Do the founder packs become more expensive once the game releases in a couple days? Thinking of dropping 60 bucks to start playing this but I'm a little hesitant as I've heard some people having server issues.

Wish I could offer advice but I started with 11k vb so i forget how much of a pain it is to grind for cash

Do you guys think making a list for people who have legendary schematics would be good? We could take names and schematics down. That way we can trade the mats needed to the schematic holder and get items

I had maybe like 5 minutes of server issues the day early access started. Haven't had any since. This is on PC of course. And no they don't get more expensive but the game isn't "releasing" until 2018.

I only got the legendary Maverick gun so far

Can people who bought the limited edition post the perks of the legendary heros they chose?

Both constructors I got are Powerbase

Nevermind I found an album of them
imgur.com/a/2wv2M

/fng/ discord channel hot off the presses

discord.gg/uXZHAyG

Post in here or on there if you have any suggestions for the server.

First time making one of these, hope I didn't fuck it up.

So what makes founder's weapons so special, the ones you get from the founder's llama

I assume they're exclusive to that llama which probably won't be around for very long.

is this legendary good?
i'm gonna evolve and max it out

Atlas Defense tier 2 is so much fun with only 2 people. Having 1 person on each objective is a blast.

Its pretty good

Stats seem fine. I personally don't like scopeless snipers but if you do then go for it man.
I'm still waiting to get my first legendary.

fucking hell
where do I put my 1000 planks, ores and everything?
Also why cant power cells be nice and stack properly

>Blew almost all my schematics because I thought I was just putting the weapons themselves into the collector's book

Fuck

If you interact with your stormshield console you can store a whopping 5 things in there for easy access only several load screens away.

Go in a mission and throw your power cells on the floor then pick em up again.

>Also why cant power cells be nice and stack properly
fuck
i also have too many planks
make ammo since it stacks higher unless you don't ever use that ammo type
stop working on just gathering and get some commander xp so you can get more bag space

Just drop them. They aren't hard to find so just collect em as you need em. It's worked for me so far.

you'll get more schematics
unless they were epic ones or higher then i feel sorry for you

Accessing your storm shield storage will reset anything you build on your outpost tho, so just be careful

no it won't, that sounds like some bad bug you got there
do you mean reset your entire base? that shouldn't happen

Why doesn't it say "(Weapon) Schematic" instead of just "(Weapon)"

No like say you build something, then go into your storage. Anything you just built for that session will be wiped. This was confirmed by the devs as a bug.

Basically just go into your storage then leave your outpost then go back in to build.

everything that you put in there isn't a consumable it's what's accessible on your main screen
it's the first thing everyone learns
be glad you got the good collection xp from those rares and enjoy your loot you'll be making even tougher sacrifices later in the game to finish it with legendaries and even that unique hero at the end of each hero book

>go into my base that already has crap in it
>place 1 wood wall
>access storage
>leave session
>reload session
>missing that wood wall

is that what you mean?

Yes.

just did that and my wall is still up
are you leaving the session while IN the storage screen? i feel like that could be the issue

i had a bug where my game basically froze during the tutorial cause i tried to access the friend's list

>tfw

Enjoy the grenade spamming.

i want MEGABASE
>that many vbux

I'd kill for MEGABASE

What type of llama did it drop from?

Upgrade llama that went gold

Kinda sucks there's only one mythic for each class atm

I just want my Sarah mythic

Kyle is superior waifu, user.

But I dislike constructor

>116 hero schematics
>there are two specific legendary heros I want
>can only get them through llamas that you get only a couple a day for free without spending real money
>have to hope the llama is upgraded and doesn't just drop green shit
>rng on top of rng
I really like this game but this is the worst rng bullshit I've seen in a game.

Thats fair its not for everyone

you might be able to play low level maps a higher levels to get high level chests and those might drop heroes
idk if you can get schematics/heroes from chests
maybe not since you can get llama's from them

I hope you have a great day

I wish trading was implemented

And I guarantee by this time next year they have at least 20 more heroes released.

Out of curiosity which ones you want?

trading would be cool i feel like there could be a community sprung up from advertising a legendary schematic that you maxxed out and people could potentially give you rare materials or something and have you craft it

there just needs to be some kind of farmable thing that could be used as currency the same way tf2 had metal or diablo 2 had runes

The striker and ranger outlanders.

Active powercells could be a good trading commodity

this is a high probability we'll just have to get to endgame and see what people need the most
i just wish there was an actually trading window for materials/guns cause i don't want some idiots getting scammed or nothing

What happened to the moving payload gamemode I saw in a devstream? Is it just not in the first zone or did they remove it? Almost finished with stonewood and haven't seen it.

So does Fortnite seem like a game that will last? Or does it seem like it will be a flavor of the month and then over?

Some people are acting like this will be the next minecraft for Youtubers, some people are acting like it is a decent Warframe like video game except you have to pay up front and deal with the f2p business model, and some people are saying the game is boring as fuck.

Contemplating getting this game, and I have a few friends that would play with me, but is it worth it?

probably not tweaked good enough idk anyone who is out of stonewood yet

anyone here play on Xbox?

There are new mission types every zone.

It'll be like most multiplayer games and carve out it's little community. I doubt it'll get huge but I don't see it dying either.

Its f2p in 2018 I never played minecraft but I don't really think its the same thing outside of you being able to build stuff and you can't dig down into the earth outside mine shafts and such but you can go pretty high.

It might be better to line it up next to warframe.

I'd say it's worth it. The starting zone gets a bit boring after a while but starts picking up once it gets more challenging towards the end. And everyone says the further zones are like a whole different game.

Is anyone else's chat broken? Every game I get into the chat only displays for the last game I was in and I can never seem to see anything for the current game.