/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

>Monster Hunter: World
-MH:World revealed for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. youtube.com/watch?v=xe-RAeDfOMM
↳Information with sources: pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Gameplay 7/6: youtube.com/watch?v=zNfK-YqLUbU

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. confirmed for 8/25 in Japan, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=CvzTD_RYDXs
↳No current plans for XX localization "at this time". twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/875133030326652928
-Monster Hunter Stories due for a 9/8 release in EU, Q4 NA.

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorld, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D8lIfymsfAU
youtube.com/watch?v=HpaQA5tVzQQ&t=490s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>literally every gook random has the dragon halk when the water halk looks THIS good
why are asians so edgy?

>equip it with the elemental beam skill and its a literal mini plesioth

>playing chink games

>dreadqueen set and deathprize
>stirder set and aerial tripaxe
What are other combos that are the mark of a shitter?

In the MH stories anime, these riders are beating up a whole lot of monsters.

What would you think of riders being added as a weapon class in mainstream?

Slutsets and mandatory sub 5 minute carts.

Using Armor

lodestar/silversol

Not being a speedrunner. Everyone who can't even manage to sub 4 a fucking Rajang is doing something wrong.

your threadly reminder that MHW will have

>20 monsters upon release, 3 of them brought back from the series
>24 armor sets total, at most
>20h of gameplay, no high rank
>3 maps
>$60 base game $80 season pass $19.99 initial on disc DLC that includes palico armor
>$450 worth of DLC by the end of the year, when they re-release the game on a yearly iteration with a complete reset on the progress in terms of content.

He said mark of a shitter, not mark of a good player.

I know.
>using templates
>using your armour as a crutch
If I see you online in not only TA gear but TA gear you couldn't come up with yourself based on your talismans and fine-tuned optimisation, you're going on the list, buddy.

cringe

Upvote

cringe

>Sub 4 Raj
Depends on the weapon, friend.

Can you use a trip already so you can be filtered

Is there some sort of rule of thumb one can follow to decide which kinsect to get? Are they all viable?
I have no interest at all in TA, I don't mind using something that is not the absolute best, I just want to not have a kinsect that is completely terrible.

First you need to say which game.

Why would I deprive you of the ability to see my fun posts? :D

Threadly reminder you'll still day one purchase it at full price.

Gen
I never used IG in 4U. I remember people talking about Bilbotrix as the absolute best bug but I know that's not an option here.

TA times don't get divided by weapon categories anymore, everyone's chasing after the fastest overall times now. So no, it doesn't depend on which weapon.

youtube.com/watch?v=D8lIfymsfAU

Why don't you look at the skills that they give on extract and find one that you like?

If you're playing Gen then you can't go wrong with the balance bug Elscarad/Arginesse or the speed 1 bug Grancathar/Bullshroud

They don't?
That sounds like a lie.

thankfully i don't have a ps4 or an xbone

Will you be purchasing it *at a later date?

by then I'll already know it's a piece of shit, and let's be honest, it's going to be a 6 to 8 month down the line for PC release.

That's pretty helpful.
Thank you, anons.

>that new gameplay footage of HH, SA, LBG and GL

it's.. beautiful..

People are gonna fight over mount spots now
>Hammer/HH will get super pissy because someone else is hogging the head mount point

It's gimmicky trash that won't ever be used because using your bnb combo over and over will be better in every scenario
Flashy garbage is always a DPS loss

never change, /mhg/

He's right though.
Mounting is a waste of time.
Running around like an idiot after adept dodging is a waste of time.
Flashy, over-the-top hunter arts are almost always a waste of time.

Bog standard poking with your weapon is almost always the best strategy.

This. Simplicity is best, and that's the philosophy MH has lived by even through all the flashy anime garbage they've added.

But World is going back to it's roots and it's just like the classic Monster Hunter games you Nintendie.

Even in XX, the two strongest weapon/style combos in the game are Brave HBG and Brave LS, and neither of them focus on cuh-rayzee nonsense. HBG in particular is "do the standard thing, but faster".

Which is why I combo with GS

>Forgetting AdeptKino GS

Well, it's going back to its roots in that you just use one attack over and over, sure.
But in that sense MH has never left its roots.

t. lance

Brave LS is pretty crazy, should've named Striker Lance instead. It's stronger than LS anyway.

MH was never good.

And now it will

>I want my games to only have 5 moves.

>common complaint about MH4/4U was that mounting was too easy to do, while being too slow to actually be useful and preventing teammates from doing damage to the monster
>mounting now takes even longer, half your moveset triggers it, and the monster goes completely apeshit, ruining any hope your group might have had of fighting it properly

Does Capcom just lack any kind of common sense? What the fuck is this shit?

Man, whoever suggested using Akantor Kingsword with aerial wasn't kidding about it wrecking shit

I mean I know yellow sharpness is probably not helping its damage output any but it still feels like I'm killing shit way faster with this set than with my old aerial GS set

SAY IT WITH ME:
>IT'S OK WHEN WORLD DOES IT!

>the complaint from mh3g was that the 3ds is absolute shit to play mh on
>they still made 4 more games on it
>the people who complained still buy them

See on at launch.

>Will be pirating it :)

I'm not paying for online play lmao

>Now deals 1 damage
So OP.

Source? It also dealth minimal damage before.

Try watching the video. Carving knife strikes deal only 1. A fully charged GS strike dealt 40. A regular GS hit deals 12-20.

But the guy you replied to never said anything about the damge of the knife. It's convenient how you replied to something that doesn't exist. It's also convenient how you forget that you can still attack with your regular weapons while mounted.
Really makes me think.

Successfully completing the mounting action has always been where the real damage happens you muffin.

So why are they showing true raw damage but using multiplied raw for the weapon info?

Yeah, people too stuck on autismo numbers rather than the feel of the individual weapon. Everyone shits on elem gs too, but I'm sick of raw so pulled out my kirin gs for a change and been smashing crab shells and slaughtering mizus since. Changes the whole feel of the fight imo.

That's pretty much one of the two things you can do. How does that make it irrelevant? You either stab it for quicker damage or bother with the slow moving attacks of the main weapon.

So 1 damage with knife, which isn't even super fast will be on par with the damage from main weapons? Can you source me?

If this is in Gen, the Yellow sharpness only really kills you if you're striking with the beginning or the end of the animation. Aerial doesn't suffer from that so badly.
You're welcome, friend.

>Feel of the individual weapon
You're triggering my autism so unbelievably hard right now.
>Everyone shits on elemental GS
Because they're usually inferior. Once in a blue moon they become good.
>Kirin GS
DO NOT
>Tama
DON'T EVER

Kirin GS has way too little raw, and Tama's elemental hitzones are below average even for a 5* monster.

>Spoonfeeding children
>This is my job now
youtube.com/watch?v=HpaQA5tVzQQ&t=490s
Skip to 7:39 when it starts mounting. Make sure your quality isn't shit. Go eat your vegetables.

Shut up, May.

Yeah, though I wonder how it will fare in XX once I get around to playing that

I need to stop doing the A follow up after my jump attacks though, cause that doesn't have innate mind's eye like the draw and jump attacks

Yeah the feel of the individual weapon. You telling me you cant feel the difference between say azure fangblade and dark of night? Kirin gs man, breaks hemitaur shells good. Try it. I was surprised too. Wouldn't run it normally, but its a nice change.

No, I mean the part where the damage from your slow main weapon is same as the damage from the fast knives. Still convenient how you continue to evade people's questions. You must be running Adept.

But the numbers, user! The numbers don't lie! Stop using inferior weapons! REEEEEEE!

What? Where the fuck did I say they did the same? Carving strikes are quicker but deal less damage, Main Weapon deals more but is slower. Do you have brain damage?

So what's the reason to use knives over your main weapons?

Don't ask me, I don't know neither.

Why are people so judgemental about using endgame gear? I got some stuff on a glitched quest from some french faggot, and even up to g rank, people just kick me, its so fucking autistic and dumb.
It's not like I'm going to hack their fucking 3DS with my endgame gear.

You have to build up damage using carving knife before you can deal special mounting attack using your weapon.

GS autism post is me, mounting argument is not me. Thanks for playing!

It'll be even better in XX because you get access to green sharpness.

No, I can't feel the difference between them.
>Kirin GS breaks hermitaur shells
Better than other GS maybe, but still very poorly.
>Try it
My advanced stage autism would literally cause my heart to give out.

You're not wrong.

>I got some stuff on a glitched quest from some french faggot
There's no shame in save editing user. You can admit it to us.

Is there a Linux version of Athenas ass

Where's the source on literally any of that?

Source?

my ass basically, but it's not an unplausible scenario

>LBG sidestep is now a slide in World

>that feeling when you land your most powerful attack/art right on a monster's face while it's moving around or coming at you for an attack and they get sent flying backwards across the zone
fucking golden

Read the command prompts

Mounting will probably be more worthwhile than before since most weapons seem to have insanely hard hitting attacks now that take a long time to execute. Basically HAs but not tied to any meter.

What are the chances of World being a hit with the normalfag crowd who usually play FIFA and movie games?
Does Capcom have huge expectations of World?
I don't want to upgrade my PC for it if it's just going to be a flop and have online shut down after a year.

Fifa? None. But there's more than one group of normalfags, and that's not the kind they're looking for. Skyrim would be more accurate.

Is there a way to do charged shells with gunlance in brave style? Every time I try he just does a reload

Isn't the FIFA crowd the biggest though? That's where most of the easy milking money is.

>That's where most of the easy milking money is.
No it isn't, because they only play fifa. Can't get milk out of something that isn't a cow.

World only appeals to the Skyrim,Souls, and Zero Horizon Dawn crowd.

>Does Capcom have huge expectations of World?
No.

So is World going to be like Yakuza 6? A game that's a glorified tech demo that only exists for later installments to build off it?

Pretty sure they said Monster Hunter World will be Monster Hunter 5, not Yakuza 6.

>That feeling when you miss your attack on the monster, but their wild flailing causes them to move into the attack at the last second, causing them to topple out of the air

You mean BoTW?

>can't solo hunt
Casual shitters begone!

>Going solo hunta for World because I don't have a gaming pc and I don't want to pay for + for the only multiplayer game in my library