/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood General

Slow and steady hits the enrage timer.

>Patch 4.05 Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

>Live Letter Q&A
forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/337124-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXXVII-Q-A-Update-Thread

>Patch Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

>Job Guide
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/jobguide/battle/

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells:
pastebin.com/raw/HuaAJ6wM

I did this too:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0l576mz5eB8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How would you rate the new raid?
Harder than Creator or not?

this is a nice thread

Dodos will rule the thread!

Thank you.

I miss the old days of dodoposting.

Fuck that, I miss the old day of LOW RES BEES

If we look at it objectively, it was clear in a third of the time of the Creator and therefore easier by that metric.

Subjectively, I'd say the Halicarnassus and Exdeath are on par with Cruise Chaser and Alexander respectively while Lamebrix Strikebocks is slightly harder than Catastrophe. Refurbisher and Alte Roite are honestly very similar in difficulty.

Did anyone ever tell you about the story of the scorpion and the frog?

All fights are significantly easier.
I'd say O3s is about as difficult as A10s and O4s is maybe slightly beyond that.
Both O3s and O4s will be trivial with guides and slightly better gear.

Joke tier.

>O3s is about as difficult as A10s
No

You have to consider the first two turns were downed in about 30 minutes, thus letting top tier groups spend more time on V3S and V4S compared to A10S->A11S

Anyone got any tips for farming the new maps? I've been mining in the Steppes for over an hour now and haven't seen one.

Bath Bois

Are you harvesting level 70 nodes?

It is though.
Every single mechanic in O3s is absolutely trivial once you figure out a strategy to handle it. The fight is extremely forgiving for mistakes, and is very easy to execute.

About the same as A10s.

obviously

They can be gotten from lv70 nodes and once every 18 or so hours iirc

shut the fuck up

buying gf

Can't you say this for, like, each fight?
What made A11S harder in your opinion?
Because it had even less mechanics and you could skip half of them.

How is that any different from Cruise Chaster?

>once every 18 or so hours iirc
>once every 18 or so hours
>once every 18 hours
>every 18 hours
>18 HOURS
Fuck me.

>Finally get Quietus and have a move to spend blood on
>Still takes 15 GCD to be able to use it once
My only gripe is how long it takes to actually use this stuff.

an hour is a long time for not seeing a map. Either you got one and not waited 18 hours (check timers) or its not a 70 node

Highlanders

What the fuck? 3 souleaters and you have it

Well I did get one on the first node but I haven't seen one since, I guess that explains it. Is there a timer somewhere I can use?

You can only have one at a time anyway (technically two, one deciphered and one actual map item). To store more people put one map each or retainers or mail them between each other because mailboxes don't care about having multiple unique items in them.

I want to kiss this highlander

>3 soul eaters is 30 blood
>quietus needs 50 blood to be used

press control+u to bring up timers
it's listed on there

FUCK

>people STILL willingly chosing a thread posted later just to avoid seeing liora's shitposting mug

KA KA KA

From a progression point of view, you couldn't skip 'half' of the mechanics of cruise chaser. Not to mention that I'm sure that with skips O3s would be an absolute joke.

And no, day 1 Cruise Chaser was less forgiving for deaths and mistake than O3s, which is a vital point when learning a fight from scratch.

Like mentioned before, objectively speaking, only one group managed to beat Cruise Chaser on the first day. About 15-20 groups cleared O3s. Part of it is because A10s is harder than O2s, but in the end it comes down to the fact that O3s is just trivial once you figure out mechanics as well as its extremely recoverable nature.

ultrash will burn

Stratos is offline?

What is the best spell in the game and why is it Foul?

>looks at post count
Nah, OP is clearly samefagging his own thread on cooldown, who gives a shit

You could already skip certain skills, such as the aoe in phase 1 or something later on.
Of course skipping lapis right from the start was impossible.
I also don't see how cruise chaser was more punishing with death, numbers excluded.

Assize

Not a spell

How are MNK and BLM doing right now, compared to the other DPS?

>pruned

Oh Liora you sweet summer child

That was a falseflagger. You could tell by the imgur filename.

DPS check was tighter and numbers. Also more instant wipe mechanics.
And yes I know you could skip thinsg in A11s, but as as far as I remember it was only one charge in the second phase, and the skip was inconsistent. It barely had any effect on the difficulty of the fight.

Fine

You're an idiot since it was clearly someone else laughing at you and you never realized it.

Just "fine" doesn't sound too promising. Are they strictly inferior to other choices then?

MNK is in a good spot and BLM is better now that they have trip cast on 60 seconds.
RDM is still in my opinion easier to deal with in prog since the rotation is brainlet and you have ease of movement.
But, like BLM is absolutely okay.

post what

Wait, so MNK didn't get fucked after all?

Hang rapists and pedophiles

Every class is fine and while some are more fine then other. You'll still be able to clear everything with them. Don't listen to the shitty memes we have on here.

We're having a nice thread here, don't bring in drama.

>All my friends talk about is "current content" beofre sb release
>SB releases
>Do new dungeons and then new EX primals with them
>Savage comes out
>They still do nothing but farm Susano for the dog
>Talk to them about Savage and they say they don't care about it
Well fuck you too.

> "Learning party. Must have discord."
> join other party in pf
> "We got discord, here's the link."
> People taking literal ten minutes to talk about an easy mechanic instead of pulling and then talking
> "Hey, let's do this another time. Stay in this server and tell us if you wanna do more."
> make my own party
> someone joins
> "Discord?"

No you fucking normie I don't want to use fucking discord, V1S is very easy.

Remember guys, it's never Liora's fault he's shitposting, his computer just doesn't let him rename files

>willingly sharing the same air as pedos
I bet you condone that pedo ring remaining in under wraps

Shhhh, back to bed... We're talking video games.

Most of the earliest clears on o4s were with monk. Very comparable raid DPS contribution to samurai while bringing mantra to a fight with frequent periods of burst healing. However, the fight also caters to monk to some extent with complete lack of positional requirements on the boss.

If it'll be in the "optimal" raid DPS composition remains to be seen, that could be triple melee or something stupid for all I know.

i could kick your teeth in at video games, kid.

This is such a worthless non-answer. I don't like playing classes that are outclassed in every way by something else. RDM was just plain boring though so if it's strictly superior to the other casters I think I'll just not bother with that. I know NIN is really good but I think it's kind of boring, outside of mashing out those ninjutsus it's pretty basic, hence why I was wondering about MNK and how it compares to SAM.

Ultrash is angry.

someone explain to me how much gil I'd be buying exactly. 10k?

1v1 me wolves den pier
Don't bring a faggy tank either or pussy ranged

Since this is a nice thread does anyone want to play video games or have a nice chat?

go commission more pics of your character wanking alphinaud you sponge cunt

10 mil
But what the fuck are you buying gil for, you don't need it for anything

I assume stock is how much that certain bot has, qty is the amount you're buying.
Cool, I think I will.

Fuck off you pedophile cunt. Go stalk a playground

It's the qty that confuses me. That's the default option

It's probably a normal amount people buy or just the set variable to start with.

>tfw the thing your crafting is most likely fucked
>start spamming observe and hoping tricks of trade will proc often enough to save me
>it actually fucking worked
lel

Yeah, what do you wanna do? Maybe do dungeons together... Are you a catboy?

Every job is boring, you just pick whatever looks the coolest to you or you follow the meta. If you want fun you're playing the wrong game.

*you're

post butt

bend over

Stay strong and awesome epp.

buying bf

Okay.
Thank

you online?

Yeah, Pst Liora Nae'blis, we can "talk"all night ;3

What's your favorite topic to talk about?

Why do people play this game then if everything is boring?

Damn I want to smack.

nice

I want to listen to someone talk.

sunk cost fallacy and ERP

Not atm, why?

are you on balmung...

>get gifted a fanta
>it doesn't shjow up in the mail after an hour

im so mad???????

>Finally get to meet some Xaela
>Lore everywhere
How exciting.