Cucked millennial who grew up without being exposed to manual transmissions

>cucked millennial who grew up without being exposed to manual transmissions
>want to learn
>call all the driving schools in my area asking if they teach manual to already licensed drivers
>none of them do, one of them even laughed at me for asking
>no friends with a manual car
>no friends period
>all of the manual shitboxes under $1,000 I find on Craigslist have burned up clutches
>even I found a decent one I wouldn't even be able to drive it home

I blame my dad.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=waeOibnmuJk&t=405s
albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-pontiac-fiero-2m4/6413864106.html
maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/pontiac-fiero/6399266267.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

rent a car with a manual transmission then

>can't get it off the rental lot
>returning it with a burned up clutch if by some miracle I can figure it out

Good plan.

>all of the manual shitboxes under $1,000 I find on Craigslist have burned up clutches

manual is cuck shit kiddo

Buy one of those computer game steering wheel/ pedal combo things.

you're not going to burn up a clutch in a weekend.

Same here

family is planning on buying a manual to practice on. Looked at mini coopers to V6 camaro. Is there any recommendations? are some cars more enjoyable?

>post ad on craigslist for someone to teach you how to drive manual in their car for $50 or $100 bucks.
>learn in 30 min
>?????
>Profit???

This is exactly what I would do if I were in your situation, luckily i had plenty of friends with manual cars when I was a teenager so they taught me

Buy a Ranger.

I would say depends on how twisty the roads in your area are. If it's mostly highways then the Camaro would probably be more fun and if there's good back roads near by a miata or mini would be fun as well. I blindly bought a manual at 18 after seeing my dad and never looked back. I later convinced my brother to do the same and he also never looked back.

This. If you can learn manual on an old, beat to shit Ranger, you will be able to drive any manual car.

The clutch on the Ranger I learned manual on was heavier than the 1st gen Viper's clutch I felt.

Not with that attitude

If you lived near me I'd teach you OP.

my college roommate taught me on an old ranger about a decade ago, I thought I was just bad until I drove another stick car. Jesus christ is the clutch unforgiving. You don't hit the slip until the pedal is like 3/4 down and its all or nothing... Yikes.

Where do you live, Anton?

how long have you been married for?

what the fuck do americans really don't know how to drive manual?

even my niece of 12 years old can already shift gears and not stall

learn from god himself.
youtube.com/watch?v=waeOibnmuJk&t=405s
The first person do drive a manual wasn't a pussy about it and no one taught him. Nut up

Really mind boggling how most people don’t know how to drive stick in a country where almost nobody buys manual cars right?

The beauty of being close to rural paradise.
>farmer a few miles away sellin an old F100
>has 300k miles on it
>took good care of it
>has all service records
>wants 1500 for it
>watch videos on youtube so I understand the concept of operating a transmission
>pick it up, pull away keeping it in first gear
>spend next few hours driving around perfectly flat straight roads with virtually no traffic or pressure
>can confidently upshift, downshift, come to a stop, and start the truck without fear of stalling all in a single evening

Manuals really aren't hard to learn. The idea of shifting is way more complex than actually doing it.

Are you surprised? Our primary mode of transportation is stolen warmart scoot-arounds and much too large automatic highway barges. Just something to get to mcdonald's and back.
t. southerner

OP I was in the same position.

I ended up buying a manual with 0 experience, drove it home fine (lived downhill from summer). Drove it for 5 months before a red light runner took it away from me. I've been driving other peoples manuals perfectly fine. Everything from Diesel trucks to Hondas.

>2017
>using craigslist and not expecting to be skinned for a lampshade
W E W
E
W

OP if youre in eastern ohio ill teach you

>cucked millennial who grew up without being exposed to driving period
>don't know anything about cars so can't trust myself not to get scammed buying a beat up shitbox on Craigslist
>poorfag busrider

Hit up /clg/ and we'll help you out man!

>both parents drive automatics but know manual
>have friends who drive manual but never follow through with the "I'll teach you, user" talk
>have a summer job that involves a lot of driving
>two of the company trucks are manual and old enough where some dipshit fumbling with it won't hurt anything
>one slow day, i took the better half of an afternoon to teach myself on an older F250
i'm still shit at manual, but i could run one in an emergency

t-thanks user

hoping my crypto investments will pay off soon

Put the half that $1,000 into a FFB racing wheel, pedal set and shifter. Teach yourself in racing sims; what could go wrong?

It really is very easy. Like a few hours of practice at most. Just do it OP.

>call all the driving schools in my area asking if they teach manual to already licensed drivers
I don't see why they would refuse. If you had said you hadn't driven for 5 years and wanted a quick refresh under supervision do you think they would have laughed in your face?
Do what that other guy said and place an ad on Craig's list saying you want manual transmission driving lessons. Don't forget to say you don't have a manual car.

in my country automatic cars are kind of luxury in the past, only now they are becoming more popular

I've been accused of cooking a clutch. Weird people can be found on Craigslist.

>Sister is looking for a new car for a winter beater
>See a nice Cobalt pop up on Craiglist
>It's a 5 speed with low mileage for the year
>Price is a bit high for a Cobalt, but the pictures are pristine
>Drive there and check it out
>Body is in okay shape, has been in a slight fender bender
>Guy starts it up while I'm looking at fluids and tells me to take it for a drive
>Jesus Christ, the bite point is nearly non existent
>Slips like crazy under the slightest throttle input
>Test drive didn't last but 5 minutes between the horrendous vibrations and the clutch being shot
>It was so bad I dumped the clutch in second at a standstill and it didn't immediately stall
>When we returned and I told him she's not interested as she wants something she can drive today - he asked why
>Told him the clutch is completely shot
>He and his entire family went off saying I burnt the clutch
>They went on about how I'm paying for damages
>This continues as I was walking towards my car
>One of them ran up behind my car and wrote my plate down
>Then proceeded to stand behind my car
>They all approached the driver door and started calling me names and telling me I will pay for the damages
>Tell them I'm not paying for anything because I didn't do the damage they're claiming in a 5 minute test drive
>Fuck you, I said as I slid into reverse
>Slowly started backing up with a retard trying to stop the car from backing up
>Holy fuck, this is stupid
>They're yelling at each other saying call the cops and don't let him leave
>Reached over and opened the glovebox to reveal my Glock 19
>They all scattered screaming he has a gun
>Poor little sister seemed nervous the entire time

I always carry when checking out Craigslist deals. It has been the only time I've even revealed my gun and it worked well. Honestly wasn't sure how it was going to go, but they were becoming belligerent.

sounds like they were trying to scam you

My first experience driving manual was when I went to the middle of Philadelphia to buy 93 celica for $1,000
I got a crash course in the parking lot from the p/o and drove it home. stalled it twice. got the hang of it in a day hours of driving.

tl;dr stop being a bitch

Some kind of trend started in America where people associated automatic as more modern or advanced so it became the prevailing gearbox purchased and dealers all started stocking more automatics than manuals.

>He's got a gun
Kek

Such a shame the >Americans kermit has been posted before and I'm on my phone

No problemo. Which coins are you in?

>push clutch pedal
>switch gear
>release clutch pedal
Is this really too hard for ameritards to understand?

You could stall and slip a clutch all weekend and the wear wouldn't be noticable. The only times people burn up clutches instantly is when they're doing something retarded like trying to burnout but not fully disengaging the clutch or drifting and not disengaging the clutch entirely. You could drop the clutch all day for months and I think that the tranny would die before the clutch would.

Trust me get a old v8 w with a 6sp

I learned on a ranger too, great truck to learn on was able to drive stick shift in most cars easily after.

it's really nothing special dude

Americans are barely human.

If you find a cheap beater, just get it. Watch a YouTube video, it won't make you a pro, but you'll be able to limp home no problem.

Fuck off you shitposting turd.
You can self-learn to drive stick in like a few days.

Small amounts of BTC and ETH atm. tfw dumped my ETH bags at 530 but it moons to 700

is this why I had more trouble than I thought I shouldve been having trying to learn on my dads ranger

My mini is one of the most fun cars I've ever driven.

get a manual fiero with an iron duke
very forgiving and easy to learn, and also gets great mileage as a commuter.

albany.craigslist.org/cto/d/1984-pontiac-fiero-2m4/6413864106.html

maine.craigslist.org/cto/d/pontiac-fiero/6399266267.html

>Iron Duke

Just light my shit on fire senpai

I’d never owned a manual before buying my mustang. I worked at a car wash so I practiced going into first and moving them from one end of the lot to the other, but that was all the experience I had. It took me just a few hours to get it right and I only stalled twice doing so. OP if you have someone that can get the car home for you don’t be scared to pull the trigger

Honestly this OP

Alternatively if you know what car you want to buy offer an extra 50-100$ to the seller if they'll teach you for an hour. Actually, a lot will do it for free as long as you actually buy the car; they just want to sell it at the end of the day

as long as it isn't over revved its fine, even an old S10 or CJ with an iron duke is great to learn on because of the torque. but with a rev limit a bit above 5k, you can treat it like a k20 or 4age unless you want to blow it or, yes, have it catch on fire.

Honestly user , if you learned on an older f250 driving a car with a manual will be no problem. The older trucks are way harder to drive manual , clutch is way harder to push gear throws are long and unintuitive. Get into a little manual shitbox and clutch is very responsive and gear throws are short and sweet

>whole family present for a craigslist sale

sounds like Mexicans to me.

This is a great premise for a horror movie or something. Title: The Clutch.

What cars are you looking for and what's your budget?

i learned to drive stick on one of these while working at a golf course. plenty of open room to cruise around for practice and there were only 4 gears so easily learn without getting confused.

we also had an older Toro model with 2 speeds (3rd gear was locked out due to some rear diff issues) and the worst transmission you can imagine. the clutch was sluggish and the shifter jammed on itself constantly. it was a very short throw but if you dont slam it between the gears it wouldnt even engage the gear. if you can drive vehicles like that you can handle anything.

honda
always honda
honda make the best manual trannys

haha

Civic, Accord, Mazda3. I just know the entry level models that everyone shills tbqh famalam. Don't know whether to buy a used 13+ years old model or a (((current year))) model. If I decide on used, I suppose 2-3k.

Not him but I'm personally boarded on the ARK

Aye their autos suck but the manuals are unkillable

>want to learn to drive manual
>buy a manual Honda Civic
>take forever to learn how to properly shift and drive
>dad gets annoyed, makes me trade the Civic for an automatic Lexus
>refuses to teach me how to drive manual
I know the basics of driving stick but I'll never be able to fully learn. Feels bad, bro

I'm surprised they would turn away a potential customer like that

I should buy a gun.

more like "i have no idea what it takes to own, operate, and maintain a vehicle" aka hes a vehicle virgin

lemme guess, they also shove 30 centimeters of wood up your ass? does your ass then bleed eternally?

right!
it isnt a choice, its a way of life

how the fuck could your dad make you do that? if you bought it with your own money you should have told him to stick it up his ass.

Won’t teach you how a clutch bites, especially will not teach you how to launch in 1st gear

t. ovg

>If you bought it with your own money

He is underage and his dad bought it. What do you expect.

Car rental companies don't rent out manuals here in the states anymore