Engine Oil added to Transmission fluid

How bad would it be to drive a car (2001 Toyota Highlander) if someone accidentally added half a quart of motor oil to the transmission fluid?
Asking for a friend.

bad. drain that shit out.

Should I get a tow to a service station or am I good to drive there.

>Cost of transmission: $3000
>Cost of transmission fluid and Jack: $250
Gee user, you tell me

Nothing will happen
Done it before myself

the longer you drive with it, the more of the motor oil will make it further into the tranny. i would get a tow, but you can drain it yourself. should be a bolt on the other side of the oil sump that MAY take an alan key to open. just drain and refill.

This because 1/2 quart of 8 quarts not much and all misceable petroleum.

The oil can fuck up the seals in the trans get it towed. Dont risk it

f

>asking for a friend

this, its easy an ape could do it

not a big deal.

Flush all the shit out. 300ish doll hairs or be ready to drop 2.5k shekels for a rebuild, with new seal clutches gaskets and converter. Even a jew would pick option A over B.

Don't know about your vehicle OP, but my 1993 Accord Manual can take either fluid or oil in my tranny.

But given other replies, you're fucked.

Don’t drive it, you will fuck the tranny up big time. Get it towed to a shop or drain and fill it yourself.

manuals are REALLY different and need specific fluid. manual trannys are so much simpler and just take heavy oils.

How bad is it if you add literal water to the engine oil but you drained it and refilled with oil? Asking for myself.

on the off chance this is not b8, water+oil=sludge. even if you drained it some water was left. drive that fucker like you stole it to evap the water

>and Jack: $250

And two sets of jack stands. Car has to be level to drain TF.

just use a 50 dollar set of ramps. and it will only cost MAYBE 80 bucks

op is fine, half a quart isnt going to do any damage to the internals of the transmission. the only reason that ATF is used is because of a specific friction modifier used for the torque converter. Seeing as to how you have a 2001 highlander and not an exotic lambo, you should be just fine as you have not diluted the rest of the fluid out enough to matter.

Maybe change your trans fluid a little early, but there is no reason to drop it out right now. All that transmission fluid is hydraulic fluid. the transmission could theoretically use vegetable oil if you added the correct friction modifiers to it, and engine oil is no different.

Not if you drop the entire pan, the pan gasket is probably leaking anyway. Might as well take the opportunity to reseal it.

What kind of transmission?
If it's a manual that holds 2 quarts then I'd drain and refill soon. If it's an auto that holds 8 quarts then I wouldn't bother.

There's never been a manual highlander