Cadillac CTS 3.6 V6

Alright senpaitachi. I'm an Eurofag who grew tired of our economic shitboxes. I'm finishing Uni this year and I'm close to landing an above-average paying job. I'd like to buy a fun yet practical car. I was looking mainly at V6 engines with 250-300 hp and fuel economy around 10-12 l/100km (so 20 mpg for you in the States). I do not want to buy German shit, every second pretentious sorry fucker has them so I looked at American imports. Mustangs and Dodges are quite common but slightly overpriced.
Then I found the Cadillac CTTS 3.6 V6 model from 2008. It seems a reasonable choice - comfortable, edgy looking, exotic, great interior, good mpg, powerful engine with great sound.
How bad is the reliability with these machines? With GM leaving Europe I wonder how fucked up it would be to repair the car if something breaks every next week or so but there are a few specialized mechanics here who deal with Caddies so nothing really out of the ordinary should be OK.
So, verdict? Are there any CTS owners here?

They're fine. Generally considered pretty unremarkable here in the states, so reliable enough.

I don't know what prices are like over there, but here you can get a used Cadillac ATS for around $20kUSD, which I think is a much nicer car. Again, no idea what prices are like but might be worth looking for.

>250-300hp
>10-12l /100km
Lmao nigga. Maybe a Audi A6 quattro 3.0Tdi or 530d/535d would come close. You can't have both power and economy dumb ass nigga.
>cadillac in Europe
Yea no parts and no mechanics who can fix it, but hey, at least you will feel like a special snowflake.

>You can't have both power and economy dumb ass nigga.

Who said I want to have economy son? I would use it mostly on long trips and I think in those circumstances it shouldn't be higher than 12l for a V6 engine. Consumption is really not an issue for me but I don't want it to reach the 20's.
And as I said, there are still mechanics around here (even official ones) with parts and all.
Damn you sound like an insecure brat.

This user said it. They just exists, dont expect toyota reliability but not bad in any way, and way better than chrysler, fiat, etc. Just make sure to get one fully loaded with gps, heated steering wheel, ac/heated seats,bose sound system, since if you buy it base it will be lacking in features and its overall a pretty boring car. Ats is a better handling car feels quicker to me at least i don't know actual stats but it is smaller. That means a lot less space on rear seats and bit snug on front seats. Avoid ones that are ghettoed out with rims or excessive aftermarket chrome, here in the states they like to buy older premium/lux cars and put rims and abuse the car with little maintenance, I don't know if that happens in your part of the world but you can usually spot them like the one in your pic a mile away.

>V6 engine
the fuck are you doing with your life m8?

>tfw surrounded by diesel shitboxes all your life so you think a fucking gm V6 sounds good
I’m glad I don’t know this feel

The downside on the ats is the horrible cluster its literately fisher price tier. Cts has better interior in my opinion and way better cluster.

I dont know parts availability for the CTS but it is a pretty standard car, no special tools or parts needed to work on. Just don't get all wheel drive, makes it more expensive to maintain.

IKR? In the land of 4 cyl shitboxes a V6 is godlike. V8 cars here are not something you get for your 21th birthday or something, they are basically end goals in life. Be fucking grateful that you don't live in automotive hell.
ATS is around 20k euros which is too much for me, 10k euro is the top for me. CTS goes for around 9-10k.
Thanks for the answers, so nothing unusual then.
The conclusion generally is that it's not a really fun car to drive? Or it's not bad, just pales in comparison to other cars?

I would say the latter, I put it on bmw 3 series level its sporty...ish decent handing and ride quality. By boring i meant it will not be as fun as a v6 mustang, camaro,Lexus IS would be but it is on par with its competition . It is heavy so you will need to be hard on the throttle compared to the other cars but still has decent get up and go so to speak. If you like the interior and overall styling i would say go for it just maintain the car and make sure to buy one with the lowest mileage since your in Europe and try to test drive it as long as possible to see if it will fit your needs and wants.

lmao must be France or some eastern Europe shithole

>some eastern Europe shithole
Fucking nailed it. Remember the "above average paying job" I mentioned? I will earn around 900 EUR a month. I wish I could move to a decent place.

>V8 cars here are not something you get for your 21th birthday or something, they are basically end goals in life.

I am so sorry. That almost made me cry.

Rockauto ships to Europa.

>V8 cars here are not something you get for your 21th birthday or something, they are basically end goals in life.
nigger what?? a fucking turd gen camaro is worth 2000

Yeah, where? In the USA? Here the cheapest fucking rustbucket mustang costs 6-8k easily.
Pic related is the cheapest Camaro I found. It's 4k USD (plus the cost of the registration since it's a RHD car from the UK) and a fucking weak V6 (I think).
If someone wants a sportish car, they mostly buy a 180-200hp diesel BMW or Mercedes from Germany, the prices for actually good cars in Hungary are fucking stellar.

get rekt, no way that's unrealistic.

t. drives 215bhp N52 on 8.4-8.6l

jesus christ what's the rent like in your place?

My senpai member has this EXACT model actually. Almost bought it but they ended up not wanting to sell.

Its had minimal problems over the years. GM essentially copied the BMW 5 series with this car to give you an idea. They wanted a sporty luxury sedan. The engine is sporty but not like the CTS V.

The CTS V from this era has a corvette Z06 engine in it if you can find one I'd get that.

However its a good comfy and sporty car.

Also Cadillac has always been reliable. It will be pretty easy to order parts and diagnose on your own via the internet.

I wouldn't worry. Besides opel is GM so most opel repair boys will know this car.

My old 2010 cts4 3.6 DI was getting 11l/100KM on highway.

*Overheats*

Well I have my own house which is really rare for someone in their early 20's so that doesn't affect me. Rents in the capital for most small apartments are around 300 EUR, in smaller cities around 200 EUR per month.
Thanks for the intel, a lot of Opel dealerships here offer help to Cadillac owners as well so that could be an option too. So it's not something that will fall apart easily.
I'll probably pick one up next year, I hope it'll go well. Most likely I'll try and find one in Germany and import it since the German car market is a lot cheaper than ours.

And as I really said, an income of 900-100 EUR/month is really well here, most of the folks have to live with half that amount. It really sucks to live here compared to Western Europe for 80% of the population, but if you can land a good job or a succesful business, you can live reasonably well. The ridiculous thing is that because of the extremely high taxes a lot of things are even more expensive than in Western Europe.