Name something better

Alright Veeky Forums, I’m looking for a new car for around $45k.

I’m leaning towards a 2017 Mustang GT Premium with a Roush supercharger making ~727 bhp and ~610 btq, all for $45k.

Can you suggest something better?
> has to be new
> has to be $47k or less

If you've never had a car close to that power level id advise keeping it stock till you learn to handle the vehicle or else you're going to end up like the classic mustang cars and coffee meme.
Trust me rode in a buddy's 2016 and 450 is A LOT of power. He had some chip tune to hit that level but God damn. Anything beyond 400 starts to get tricky to use as a daily

Why do Amerifags get off on horsepower so much? Your never gonna use 700 hp unless on a track

Maybe not on sissy virgin Euro roads, but you can on Chad American highways

I'm very happy with my base 420 hp but you do you user.
Also drove a V6 for a year.
>tfw 9 inch front and 10 inch rear wide wheels
NO WHEELSPIN FOR ME FAGS

why would you ever want that much power. Get something that you can actually enjoy revving on the roads.

Maybe its because he wants to compete with teslas at stoplight races.

Kek.
I make a point to rev mine obnoxiously when I'm stopped next to one.
Yea I'm a faggot, idc.

You people act like tracking a car is a ludicrous venture. It's easy and fun and I would expect an enthusiast board would understand this. People with fast cars drive them on tracks, get over it

I have a Whippled Cobra as my weekend car. I’ll be fine.

Buh buh buh P100D! Ludicrous mode! REDDIT PROMISED ME I'D BE THE FASTEST!!!!!!!

IT'S NOT FAIR! WHY DO YOU HATE LELECTRIC CARS!

Also, 450 bhp isn’t shit. And I’ll be fine. By the end of next year, my Cobra is going to be making somewhere around 1200 rwhp. ~727 bhp is completely manageable if you aren’t stupid.

We have tracks like crazy. Also, we have long stretch interstates that have few on and off ramps, meaning you can really get up to speed with no problems.

This.

Neat.

It’s not really that much power where I’m from. It’s like asking someone “why did you buy a Hellcat?” Dumb question is dumb.

jealous eurofags be jealous

Tracking a Mustang GT with a supercharger slapped onto it without a bunch of other supporting mods is a really fucking bad idea, just saying.

These types of cars are good for one thing - dickwaving on the highway and at local scrub meets.

Well have fun in traffic with your 2 ton multistage clutch lmao. Can't say I did t tell you so.
Non busriding ppl who aren't such a bitch and drive roads with turns understand this

> without a bunch of other supporting mods
Who the fuck said it wouldn’t have support mods? Here in America, we have dealerships that specialize in Roush Mustangs and Roush parts. And they won’t just slap on the supercharger. They’ll put bigger injectors, fuel pump, plugs, and a Roush tune. They warranty the parts and the car itself, they aren’t going to half-ass it.
> inb4 “hurr what about internals?”

And these cars are good for a lot of things. Like having fun. Pulling on Hellcats when they think you have a stock GT. Putting supercharged Vettes in their place. Generally enjoying a nice car with decent performance. And yes, dickwaving. Girls like dickwaving in Mustangs. It gets them hot.

I have a stage 3 Clutch in my Cobra. What of it? You have to be a bitch to whine about something like that.

And it sounds like you don’t understand that 500+ hp cars can be dailied if so desired. And what makes you think it’s unpleasant or dangerous? I’m not a bitch and I’m not a teenager or twenty-something. I can handle a fast car perfectly fine.

Used Challenger Hellcat

You can get them for sub $50k now.

Where do you find it for 45k? All I see is the base car for 45K and 18K for the roush super charger.

He's right. Buy stock than track it. Then have Roush stage 1 it then track it.

INDY and F1 have 700+ hp. You're dangerously arrogant if you think you can just jump in not kill yourself.

I say this because I watched some guy total is CTS V tuned that high on his first stint.

The mood at the track was, "why did he think he could handle that much power?' His car is now gone forever too. The track left the fender and V/// logo up to remind everyone not to be retarded.

yeah but then you're out $50k and you have to own a challenger

Boxter/Cayman
You would think horsepower matters the most but one of these handles kind of like a not poorfag miata in comparison.

I will say that 500+ hp is perfectly manageable even as a dd, the problem is that when driving on normal roads you will not get to use it all unless you don't mind speeding tickets or get long winding roads with no one around to stop you.

Where do you plan to take this thing? That might change what you should get.

And you BTFO of anything on the road 9 times out 10.

This mindset that just being it's a Challenger and therefore an FCA product automatically makes it bad is asinine.

The Challenger and Charger receive the most RnD and care out of anything that is produced by Dodge and the interiors of the Hellcat's are fine for the price. They're not luxurious because they're not meant to be. You have insane amount of hp and tq and have one of, if not the best v8 exhaust note. Hardly anything will beat you in a straight line, and the majority of american roads aren't twisties so the likelihood you'll actually be testing it's cornering abilities is slim.

> used
> slower than the Mustang GT that I want to buy new
> all those payments just to look at a shit tier interior
How about no.

Apparently not where you live. In the States, there are Roush performance Ford dealerships that sell 727 bhp 2017 GT’s with the Roush supercharger and support mods for $40k starting out.

> bitches think I haven’t driven a faster car
Again, I already own a Whipple Supercharged Cobra. I’m perfectly fine with driving a Roush Supercharged GT.

> Boxter
> suggesting a girl car
I won’t get myself killed or get tickets. I’ll be just fine. And mostly to work and back and maybe a little fun on the weekends if I’m not driving my Cobra.

Slower than the Roushcharged GT that I want to buy new.

i don't care if it's FCA or if it's called a challenger. I don't like it because it's the auto equivalent of a fat 60 year old who used to be a body builder. for comparison's sake, the -heaviest- mustang is still lighter than the -lightest- challenger

Mustang - retro done right. lots of tech, a bit of 60s inspo, the same badge, racy V8 option, well done
Camaro - it's getting there. fat V8, but not enough retro and the design is discordant
Challenger - completely stupid. it's a fat car with a big motor and some very ugly styling. lots of flat panels and some round headlights and lets put it on the market

He's talking about suspension work and aero you complete dunce. You have to be larping there's no way you're this stupid
I'm 90% sure this thread is b8 at this point but I'll give you one more (you)just in case. And no, a modified car making that kind of power is an absolutely atrocious idea to daily. Your got a heavy/noisy clutch, extremely loud exhaust, insane fuel consumption, things wear out very fast, especially tires since you'll be squealing them a lot accidentally and you'll have to run like r888's to handle the power, and on top of this you will literally never go anywhere in the rain or snow.
Stop being an arrogant faggot flexing your biceps on a latavian sheep herding forum and grow up lol, there's a reason even pro drivers don't daily anything much over 400hp, it's just stupid. I can't wait to see you in a mustang meme taking out a crowd of innocent bystanders lmao

> the suspension work
Are you just playing retarded? I’m not taking it to a drag strip or playing circuit racer with the shit. The only “weak” point is the half-shafts for the irs. And even then, it’s only if you do a lot of hard launches. Which I won’t be doing. Mostly low end rolls and highway runs.

>
> heavy/noisy clutch
Somewhat heavy. Nothing I can’t deal with. And it’s not noisy until you start getting into the 900-+ rated clutches for V8’s. This isn’t a little Honda Civic pushing 350 fwhp.
>atrocious idea to daily
I could daily my Cobra if I really wanted to, and it’s a built track car. But, why would I when I could get a softer suspension and better creature comforts? I’ve driven one of these cars before, it’s a breeze.
> loud exhaust
Exhaust has nothing to do with the supercharger and isn’t necessary. However, I will eventually get two single chamber mufflers and go h-pipe. Which would be loud as shit. But, that’s down the road. And I don’t mind loud exhaust. It’s music to my ears. My Cobra is loud as shit as well.
> insane fuel consumption
I guess it’s “bad”. Not as bad as my Cobra. And that’s not burning a hole in my pocket. Stop being poor.
> thugs wear out very fast
Incorrect. This is all determined on how you drive your car and how well maintained it is. The only thing that would need to be replaced sooner are plugs and the fuel pump. Big whoop.
> squeezing them a lot
I’m not a teenager. I’m not going to beat the shit out of my rear end. I’m good.
> run Toyo’s To handle the power
Try Nitto 555R’s. I’ll be fine. I have a Whipple Cobra. And the GT isn’t as built. I know what I’m in store for.
> rain or snow
Learn to drive then. I’ve done it in the Cobra in rain before without problem. The GT will be a breeze. Also, it doesn’t snow often here.
> don’t daily anything over 400hp
Maybe Civics don’t. Mustangs are perfectly fine. Again, I could daily my Cobra and be fine.

> crowd control
Never once hit anything in my Cobra. Ever. And I’ve done some dumb shit. You just have to know how to drive and how to handle a car with that much hp. It’s all relative to the experience of the driver. I’m not some kid who is just getting into a “fast Mustang” for the first time. I’ve been driving them for 15-16 years. I’ll be fine, kid.

Lmao this retard is going to kill himself

A honda fit will be better than any ford pile of shit but it ain’t my money

Enjoy your chick car

Haven’t done it yet, faggot. And my Cobra is faster than the GT that I want. You just have to not drive like an idiot.

> Honda Fit
> not a chick car
I have some bad news for you, faggot.

I didn't say that you couldn't handle it. I said that you might want to consider a more fun to handle car for the turns instead of getting horsepower you won't use.

Also, why do people keep calling any small car a chick car? The only thing I ever see women drive are minivans and SUVs.

This. Women think small cars are all CRX-tier deathtraps and start having fucking panic attacks if they're near a semi and their ass isn't above the level of the trailer floor. Small cars and roadsters are now exclusively driven by men.

Because most Boxter owners and first owner purchasers are women. It’s a girl’s Porsche. And it has always been marketed to girls... and feminine guys who can’t afford the 911.

Source?

>doesn't understand muscle car design

Thanks for making that clear. You just have shit taste. The new Mustang looks like it has downs syndrome.

Bruh
This is a thread where the guy doesn't want to burn 90k on a car

Buy a used one for

i owned the 2016 version of this exact car, color and all. It was my first american car. It was at the dealer for repair more than any car I have ever owned. Before this I had only owned used BMWs. The mustang was the first and last new car I will ever own. I also had to buy new rear tires every 4 month haha

how about the refreshed mustang gt with 460hp and the 10 speed auto?

inb4 maneuel fags

The s550 has a shitty Chinese MT-82 transmission and you would be so much better off with the auto.

get a supercharger AFTER you learn the car.
other wise you will crash it like every mustang owner.

forgot to mention, there is literally NO WHERE to use the power these things put out, without felony speeding on the highway

here is pic related, the third time it was at the dealer for 2 weeks. It was less than a year old but they were replacing the evaporative core, which was out of stock because it was failing in cars all over the country.

mustang would need 1000hp and slicks to compete with a tesla. sub 2.4s 0-60 is almost unbeatable

>black hood vents on a non CS
Disgusting.

2017 SS
Or a 2016/2015 SS with a super charger.
You'll be damned near as fast while not owning a cop/theft magnet.

they were Roush vents. go be poor somewhere else

they updated the trans for 2018, still the same chinese made transmission but all-
new clutch and flywheel

you give other mustang owners a bad name

why would you spend 45k on a mustang to do that when based lifted cummins will do that and more while rolling coal on their faggot fucking feelings

sounds pretty sweet. what other special mustangs are there? have they made a new PJ one? also, what all do they give you besides what you already mentioned? why not just get a regular gt and the supercharger seperately?

s550 garbage

Life.

Then it sounds like nothing was installed properly or you just didn’t know how to drive a manual with a lot of power.

Why the fuck was it “at the dealer for repair more tha. Any car you have ever owned”?

> buy a slower car for $42k with the options that I want
> auto
> not knowing how to drive a MT82
> after you learn the car
You’re such a little faggot. I can handle the car perfectly fine. I’ve driven a 727 bhp Mustang before. And I already own a supercharged Cobra that is faster than the GT that I want to buy. Stop acting like people are inexperienced and shit drivers and don’t know how to handle a car.

> felony
You don’t even know what that means, do you? And where I live, there are lots of places I can use that power. Stop being a little bitch.

> Chevy
> being this trailer park trash
How about no.

Financed together and warranty.

A pristine 2013 E92 M3

We get it. You have shit taste. Thats fine.

Is this meant to be ironic

Lol@all these bus babbys saying you cant handle it. Go back to europe with you 80hp 1.3 turbo econocuck cars plz

I DD a 700hp t56 twin screw car as well, not the whipple guy from earilier. Mine is a KB. Almost daily i spin the tires, even on curves when i have shitty tires and its below freezing. It all comes down to the driver. More specifically, what you do with your right foot...if you think its unsafe, then it is. For you. Yes, its not a honda. You blip WOT for 1 second and it will turn your ass around. So, you just learn throttle control. The s550s are a perfect candidate for a power adder though.

You dont need coilovers, subframe welds to rollcage, control arms, k member, etc etc. But if you want to put any power down below 3rd gear, you need tires.

Someone posted they already have a whipple car. Not sure if that was OP, if so, i wouldnt recommend TWO 600whp twin screw 4v irs cars. I mean really...keep your reliability on the GT. Stock, it can literally got WOT for days. Ford does it at the factory. With a blower? No way.

All s550s have forged steel crank and rods now. However they have aluminum pistons. You are risking melting a piston on a new car if anything goes wrong for a second.

To be relevent, for a brand new car, no i cant suggest anything better for that price.

Honestly, 2013 gt500 would be my choice for used at that price level. Good luck OP

> used
Umm no. Definitely not a used BMW. That’s a whole rabbit hole of problems.

This guy knows. Also, thanks for the best wishes.

E550 Coupe, twin turbo V8 can be chipped to ridiculous numbers and the gf will enjoy rolling up in that more than ANOTHER mustang.

Or a 2013 CL550

> New Merc
You’ve never owned one of these, have you? They are a pain in the ass for upkeep.
> $61k for an e-class
Nope.
> the gf will enjoy
Said by a kid who has never had a girlfriend.... or a new Merc. And no, the gf wouldn’t like a fucking low tier e-class more than a fast pony car. Sure, some girls are dumb enough to think a low tier e-class is a “social status” car even though it really just shows you how poor you are in comparison to people who buy top tier Mercs. But, that’s few and far between, because most shallow girls know what costs money and what doesn’t. Because that’s what they look for when hunting men with money.
> more than another Mustang
There is a reason girls love Mustangs. They are cheap, they are fast, and they represent the Pony they never got for their 9th bday. And they want one because they are fun to drive.

> used
How about no.

Why do high HP cars trigger europeans? Is it their own feelings of inadequacy that cause them to project so hard? In any thread with americans and high HP discussion you better believe the thread will be shitted up with crying europeans.

News flash, nobody here cares about your tiny countries with your asinine, 1984-esque road laws. Go cry in your 1.3l eurohatch containment threads lol

i dont know why high hp/tq cars trigger anyone regardless of where theyre from. its not like someone is going to put a gun to your head and force you to use it.

Enjoy being another statistic by wrapping yourself around a telephone pole.

I've had a few and just got a friend his first twin turbo V12. High hp is a must, as is interior quality fit and finish. Which is what American cars lack. You're complaining about how a 60k Merc is "cheap" then say how girls look for mustangs because they are "cheap" so is it a good or bad quality?

The record time NYC to LA run was set in a supercharged CL55 AMG. Not a stang.

they use that power to bully people on the road

>soccer mom tries to pass them
>I DON'T THINK SO MOM 9000000 HORSEPOWER!!! BRWAAAAAAHHHH FUUUCK YOOOUU

Put the money towards a Viper ACR so you wont look like a faggot pony boy everytime you drive the worst designed mustang ever.

Yes, worse than the 2nd gen.

I’ve owned a supercharged Cobra for four years. Haven’t hit a single thing yet. Not even a curb or anything in the road.

Enjoy being poor in a boring car.

An e-class is poor status trying to look rich in the Merc world. Why would I pay $61k for a slow ass and boring car that I wouldn’t enjoy all because “muh Merc badge”? That’s stupid. I’d rather buy a M5 if I was going to fish out for a muh badge car. Which would still be slower than the Mustang that I want.

And the e-class’ quality is shit for a $60k+ car. While the Mustang is somewhat acceptable for a $25k-$45k car.

And the official record for the Cannonball run is held in a Jaguar XJS while the unofficial record is held by a BMW M5. So, fuck off with that “muh amg” bullshit.

> put it towards a slower used car that is not comfortable or ideal in any way imaginable for daily use
I’m good with not doing that.

FFS put some god damn aftermarket suspension on that thing before HP upgrades, faggot.

>viper acr
>slower

LMFAO in your dreams.

Well damn, I must be overachieving by taking ~350 to the track then.

>10" wheels
>Wide
Pls user. Mine are 11in wide stock and I can easily spin them stock.

>buying a supercharged car that isn't supercharged from factory

Lmfao.

>roush supercharged kit.

L
M
F
A
O

It’ll come from the dealership with the supercharger, faggot. And I don’t need an upgraded suspension.

Than a 727 bhp Mustang? Yes. The Ciper is slower.
> but muh course track

> being this much of a faggot

Sounds like op just came here to toot his own horn and dickride mustangs. Congrats, op. Maybe one day you'll grow out of it but probably not.

Honestly, since youre limiting yourself to new cars only, that's probably the most amount of warrantied horsepower you can get for less than 50k, or even double that. Judging by what I assume to be your other posts ITT though, you've already made up your mind anyways

The camaro is better

VL Commodore

I think these threads are hilarious. You get all sorts of buttblasted people posting in it.

>faster than the viper

Nope. More horsepower doesn't automatically translate to faster you dipshit.

>I’m leaning towards a 2017 Mustang GT Premium
even audis are better. just get a stinger.

>kid posts in tread asking question
>gets answer he didnt want
>throws a fit and says hes a big boy who can handle power
good luck buying your 50k base tier death box, if you do buy it which your bitch ass probably won't, give us a pic of the license plate so we know who it is when you wined up upside down in a ditch

OP is clearly a faggot moron. Only a dumbshit cuck buys a new car. Intelligent people take that money & buy an old school.

I have a 2015 GT, reallllyyyy fun car, really comfy and quiet on the higway. Just a really good car all around. So much better than the 2011-2014 styles

Enjoy your tercel poorfag.

Talk is cheap, post someone else's pics faggot. You dont have a nice car, but keep Larping, homo.

In this thread
>Poor people
>Poor people
>Basement dwellers who love the same brand of car as their daddy
>Poor people
>Faggots
OP get what you want. The new mustang is pretty damn fast and handles good for what it is.

I have a 2015 Mustang GT lmao, btfo. Stay broke kiddo.

OOOOOOO, GUYZ HE DRIVES A MUSTANG. IM SO IMPRESSED. POSTS ZERO PICS. LOL OK FAGGOT. LARP MOAR

I have a 10 and a 13 GT both of which have been modified. Switched to coil overs on the coyote and heavily modified the suspension on the 3v. Stock they handled about average (I owned a ‘12 frs before buying he 3v and while it handled better it’s lackings we’re too large to ignore) but after the modifications both are much more responsive than I would’ve hoped for. Op if I could offer any advice I’d recommend building up the suspension if those mods aren’t provided by the dealer. Power is addictive if the car is built to control it so I’m not gonna sit here and tell you that you shouldn’t get it when I’m looking to boost one of my cars myself.

Forgot my pic since people need proof. This is before the suspension mods on the ‘10 but after the coils on the ‘13

Why did you even make this thread if you were going to shitpost every time someone posted a possible negative about your meme car?

HEY LOOK HE'S POOR AND THINKS THAT SOMEONE OWNING A NEW CAR IS NOT POSSIBLE. WHAT A FUCKING POOR FAGGOT

I’m pretty set on the Mustang, but I’m always open for alternatives. I don’t know everything out there and what other dealers offer for warrantied performance upgrades from the dealership.

Nobody cares that you paid Jose to put coilovers on your mustang

> slomaro is slower
> better at costing more money while being slower
‘Kay.

No and no.

No, but being faster does translate to being faster. The Mustang is faster. Deal with it.

> get something slower
I do like the Stinger GT’s, but the US specs lost a lot of the good tech that the other regions still have. So, I’m kind of straying away from the Stinger.

> answer he doesn’t like
Basic bitches who say that it’s too much hp aren’t answering the question of the thread. They are being basic bitches who need to stay away from fast cars because they don’t know how to drive. And again, I’ve had my supercharged Mustang Cobra for for years now and haven’t hit a single thing in it. Haven’t lost control of it. Nothing. Why? Because I’m not a bitch like a lot of people here who whine about shit they can’t afford or handle.

I’ll post pics if I get it though. Just for you, sweetheart.

> buy an old school
I’ll buy a 60’s fastback Mustang when I’m older. I don’t need one now.

I’ve driven them before. They are pretty nice cars. They’ve really stepped up their quality with the S550’s. And props on your’s. Glad that you really enjoy it.

This isn’t me (OP). You don’t think that i have a $24k Whipple Cobra? Are you really that much of a poorfag to think that’s unbelievable?

Here’s a pic of my SVT Cobra and my friends’ SVT Lightning and SVT Shelby GT500.

lol, I like your style. Keep it up.

Because they are just being faggots and not posting any suggested alternatives. They just want to whine and cry with their “safety mom’s against fun” posts.

You really get to know how shitty this board is when you mention you can afford something that isn't a Cavalier with a cherry bomb. It's hilarious.

lol, now that’s funny.