/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous Thread: SPLATOON 2 IS NOW OUT

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!
-The Inkbrush is out now!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy (embed)

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9 (embed)

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL (embed)

> Discord

- discord.gg/bPxAVs

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13514294
strawpoll.me/13514354
strawpoll.me/13514278
strawpoll.me/13514277
strawpoll.me/13514551
discord.gg/bPxAVs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

git gud

Some strawpolls about how Splatoon 2 is so far for /ink/posters:

strawpoll.me/13514294

strawpoll.me/13514354

strawpoll.me/13514278

strawpoll.me/13514277

how do i git gud as blastar

Post and Rate Squidkids (Again)

When I finished single player, I had one ticket for a Super Seanwich which was fantastic for leveling. Does anyone know which level it's in?

I'm wearing the noise canceling headphones but they kinda look bad

So what's the shitter go-to crutch weapon of Splatoon 2 so far, /ink/?

Play tower control
lay on the ground and cry in any other game mode

discord link is broken

Splattershot Jr

I need a Marie version of this.

Octobrush

>High tide glowflies
>He doesn't stay on the ledge next to the basket

and nothing of value was lost

i haven't played enough to get any decent clothes yet

>Discord link.

Remove that garbage from the OP.

>actually reading through the OP

The Gals, just like it was before

stop posting this ugly ass squid

strawpoll.me/13514551

You'd be surprised how sensitive people are to that

Is there a worse feeling than getting teamed-up on?

I mean, yeah it's a team game but god it's frustrating to have some fag come out of nowhere.

>want to play salmon run before there's days in between when you can play
>it's an absolutely infuriating experience as either I or a teammate is guaranteed to disconnect and I lose a shitload of points
I just can't win

I stay a bit staggered back from my team and make sure they have a clear retreat line and revive them if needed. If it's like 10 seconds left final round I'll just focus on staying safe though

ok good glad im not the only one who thinks theyre shit in turf

Stop overextending.

>went from 50/99 profreshional to 40/99 overachiever
fuck this rotation

No

>try out 52 gal
>aim directly at targets
>miss 75% of my shots

What the fuck is wrong with this weapon? Is it made for people that are incapable of aiming?

being the last person alive behind enemy lines, getting spotted, and seeing 3 super jump markers from your teammates on your body just before you die

>teammate is fighting someone
>run up behind enemy to help
>teammate dies before i get there
>enemy turns around and splats me too
I'm sorry

In exchange for a 2HKO, it has a slow rate of fire and poor accuracy.

I want to fucking strangle people who do this
including people that group up in the tower on tower control and fucking die all at once, usually leading to an instant loss

It's a shitter crutch weapon

You would love the 96 gal. Now that weapon's got hilarious spread. Atleast it's not aeroshitter spread and has actual fucking range.

So its worse than a Slosher in every way imaginable?

to whoever recommended the Nzap

>first two games
>10+ splats

THANK YOU, i love this fucking thing, so much range

Holy shit overacheiver is fucking nuts.

Tips for staying alive during glowflies?

stick together and stand somewhere that funnels them

No problem lad

>get the inkbrush in salmon run

what the fuck is my role with this shit?

You know not the suffering of a profreshional.

try splatnet. Helped me get some noice combat boots.

>there are people, in this thread, willingly soloing rank
lmao, you deserve all the shit coming to you

It's nice for flying through green ink and getting a revive or flying over the grates in high tide but that's about it

Cry in a corner

well I mean you need to before b+ :^)

Losing a 1-on-1 after already getting several hits on them before they even notice you.

But I'm winning every game

Are S ranks already in this time?

New thread

aquigga what

People aren't even finding matches in league games.

You have normal splat bombs and do a shitload of damage. Figure it out, squiddo.

that is one buff spaghetti

So how many times has Pearl been BLACKED by Marina?

fires faster than Slosher unless burst cancelling

discount inkroller. And, a suicidal japanese squid fisherman

Why exactly is it a crutch? Aren't MOST of the weapons in this game easy to use?

Only if you exaggerate. If you aim dead on, you won't actually miss that often and it'll splat far faster than a slosher. Unless it went to shit in Splatoon 2, I haven't tried it yet.

I expect to see some very high quality doujinshi soon. The first game didn't have much though.

S rank is in, yes. It's also a special hell in that the pool is so small that you lose the privilege of even being able to play ranked. So I'd recommend you throw as many matches as possible to float around low rank until more people populate S rank. This issue is also significantly compounded by them seperating every mode type with a rank, so that you might find more S ranks in one mode while there are significantly less in another. They have fucked it all up big time and need to fix it or people are going to be making smurfs just to be able to fucking play the game.

Scrub mentality
>You don't have to jump through hoops to get your weapon to work properly so you're just bad

>discord.gg/bPxAVs
use a non-expiring link next time you make a thread OP

Because he's a scrub and he needs to blame the game for his losses rather than himself.

What's the ability meta like in Splatoon 2? Which ones are the best and most efficient? In Splatoon 1 I mostly put Ink Saver (Main) and Ink Recovery Up on my gear. At any rate, how good are the following abilities?

>Ninja Squid
>Ink Resistance Up
>Tenacity
>Stealth Jump
>Special Charge Up
>Haunt
>Run Speed and Swim Speed Up

Also, I noticed something strange about Ink Resistance. According to the wiki, it's no longer a primary ability exclusive to shoes. You can find it on all types of gear, as well as roll for it on secondary slots and even stack it. How much Ink Resistance do you need to achieve the maximum effect? The Prima Guide for Splatoon 1 says that moving in enemy ink slows you down to 80% of your normal speed instead of 12.5% while also removing the jump height and speed penalty. It also reduces the damage taken by standing in enemy ink from 50 damage over three seconds to 25 over six seconds. And again, this was back when you could ONLY get it as a primary ability from shoes. Does having it as a primary ability in Splatoon 2, or having it in three sub-ability slots give the same effect? Or do you need more to get the maximum effect? I don't know if it's been nerfed or not. I'm seriously hoping you only need 1 primary or 3 sub abilities to reach the cap.

It's a close range 2shot with a low TTK, It's for bads who cant into map awareness and keep getting flanked

>Played Splatoon 1 for months when it came out
>Sometimes have connection issues, but was mostly okay
>Living in the same place, same isp, same internet plan
>Fire up splatoon 2
>Got through 1 fucking match out of 10 without communication error occurring
>They expect me to pay for this in a few months

>heavy splatling
>splatlings in general
>thought they worked like HMGs
>i was wrong

how is this supposed to be usable or effective?

You run at almost swim speeds while holding down ZR, use it to cut through enemy ink and lead your teammates to safety

whichever weapon killed me last

>caring about discord

learn to position

Yeah I want some decent salmon runs fuck off

>advertising the same, broken discord link for several threads

if it's just there to take up space then remove it already

Cute!

Only autismos actually read the OP

It's a charger that gives you more mobility and forgiveness for missing in exchange for no instakills and less range.

so it's a shitty charger?

>a forward-facing omnipresent header is read only by autismos

Then again, normal people are exceptionally bad at following instructions...

The OP has remained unchanged for the past 3-4 days and no one has said a thing, except for autismos.

It's like bringing a squiffer to an e-liter fight.

Is it me or does it take way longer to level up and gain ranks than it did before? And this is not accounting for the forced-smurfing that's going around at the moment.

It definitely takes longer. Also am I crazy for thinking that rollers were heavily nerfed?

How do you guys post Switch screenshots?

Get yourself a 2x exp ticket from Salmon Run and blow through levels like Kleenex

please respond

At the very least I need to know about Ink Resistance Up

I don't care what anyone says, the paint brush is the best, most fun weapon in the game.

So what weapon, other than the sniper actually takes "skill" to use?

nobody knows yet shut up

>post yfw Flyfish

>expecting a meta 3 days into the game

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with inkbrush for this rotation? I have the most issues with the splatling gun, especially on high tides. You have 0 options for getting rushed down if you already released a charge.
At least with the inkbrush your chances of getting killed by a hordes are very low. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to be decent at killing boss salmon but only ever die by getting nipped in the ass by smallfry you can't counter.

Nobody knows the meta yet, the game has been out for a few days.
You Metafags are the fucking worst people, Jesus Christ.

How does rank function? Can you still go from S down to A? I noticed a crack, and yellow line in the rank bar.