ITT: Manual FWD vs Auto RWD

In this thread we take two similarly classed cars that are different in that one is FWD with a manual and the other is RWD with an automatic, then we pick one.
I'll start a few.

Manual Del Sol
Auto Miata

It's the Del Sol for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EUrfIW4zQmM
drivingline.com/articles/looking-back-at-the-ford-taurus-sho-americas-greatest-sleeper/
complex.com/sports/2014/04/best-sleeper-cars/sho
thrillist.com/cars/nation/10-basic-cars-that-are-secretly-fast-the-best-sleeper-cars
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Next is
90's Impala SS
or
V6 Taurus SHO 3.0

It's the Impala for me.

Chevy Cavalier
or
Porsche 911

It's the Chevy for me.

del sol
fuck auto its so fucking shit and boring.
Fuck comfy cars in general, if I want to sleep I go to my bed.

Easily the Taurus sho. Great car

FWD Mini
or Porche 911 Twin Clutch

It's Mini time. Going to rally race.

911. Two completely different class of cars in this case

Point he is trying to make is that automatic is disgusting.

well a Del Sol is a piece of shit but Id take it over a Miata any day even if the transmissions were reversed

Impala

Taurus is ugly

You sound brain damaged

You realize he's talking about the 2nd gen Taurus, not the third gen blob right?

yeah thats ugly especially when compared to the Impala

>I like characterless blobs

Well, some people just can't be helped I suppose. The only good looking thing on that car is the wheels, the rest is just a drab slab.

and the Taurus is just a riced out shitbox

youll get some taste as you get older kid

those arent similarly classed though
I'd pry take the cavalier too.
Not really, 220 horses was a lot for a family sedan in the mid 90's. It's average now but look at it in reference to its time.

Oh shit, the SHO is Manual?
How are y'all going to take the Auto Impala SS over the SHO? The SHO is known for being a great handling FWD car and that Yamaha V6 is a dream.

Are we talking PDK (which is very good for a twin-clutch auto) or one of the pre-PDK tiptronic slushboxes that completely ruins the car?

Yoko ono musta been crazy good in bed
Lennon coulda had the hottest of victoria secret models, but instead he chose a butt ugg midget nip.

it can be had in manual or auto for the 2nd gen. auto got the 3.2 manual was 3.0 they got same power and mpg figured but 3.2 got more torque. I sort of want one thats nearby.

it looks like a riced shitbox

220 isnt that much either even for the time on top of it was more expensive than the Impala SS and the Bonneville which also had more power

not being a benchracer obsessed with performance helps

but even then the Impala SS outperforms it

its like some people care about love and arent shallow tards

But the SHO is seriously a way more fun car, especially compared to an automatic Impala SS. I don't even want to image how slow that transmission shifts.

>attractive women must be bad in bed :(

sour grapes?

>the fun buzzword

yeah your defense is meaningless

still faster than the Taurus so it shifts fast enough and that can be fixed with mods that will make it shift faster than any human will be able to

>that projection

lol

almost forgot how retarded you were

>attractive women must be bad in bed
Yeah, having men kiss their ass and cater to their bullshit for their entire life really incentivizes a girl to perform.
Suckers who won't bitch about the sex are really hard to find, too.

>riced out
>uses Mercury Sable headlights, a unique bumper and has a lip spoiler
>99% of people wouldn't even be able to tell the difference

Keep grasping kid.

John Lennon was more popular than Dan Bilzerian

sorry its still just a tarted up Taurus

its not grasping fuck nuts its the truth

no shit he was part of something more popular than Jesus

>more popular than Jesus
You take that back RIGHT NOW

which one is you

And an Imapala SS is a Caprice with a trim package, what's your point faggot?

You're grasping hard af by saying the SHO is "riced out". The truth is nobody apart from people who know what they are can tell them apart from a normal Taurus. But somehow in your retarded mind that equals riced out.

I'm under that pile of rags to the left.

it is riced out

not grasping for anything lol

literally the same stuff people were doing to Hondas in the 90s was done to the SHO

people thinking its looks like a normal Taurus doesnt mean shit it means theyre dumb because the cars look quite different unless youre completely ignorant and never seen a Taurus of that gen before

which is likely because those piles of shit are mostly off the road these days

id always pick a fwd auto over a rwd manual

So because people do this with Impalas means they're riced out from the factory?

Sweet strawman you fucking buffoon.

I like how you called out your own strawman

Ford riced it from the factory
that was done by some guy after he bought it

MX-6 V6 5-speed

vs

Nissan 240sx auto

Today I will remind them.

MX-6

same as before even if the transmissions were swapped Id stick with it

yeah I know I hate it when people dont share my opinions and believe everyone should be like me or leave

god I accidentally turned this into an impala ss vs taurus sho thread

mid late 90s mitsubishi eclipse fwd non turbo
vs
NA auto Z32 2+2

or

manual mid 90s Tercel
or
Busa swapped smart fortwo but automatic

>Manual Del Sol
This.

FWD Ford Focus MK1 ST170

vs.

Anything.

Fun fact: The Focus ST170 performed better in every slalom and skidpad test than every RWD car other than a 911 GT3. Look it up.

Honda Civic Type-R.

some of us enjoy feeling alive

Well considering I have a 170 platform mk1 focus, that. I love it. In 5speed it's fucking great. Putting on some SVT suspension tonight.

>they used existing parts and made a few different trim pieces
>literally exactly what Chevy did with the Impala(Caprice) SS

You are a literal retard, according to you both are rice then.

>not wanting a qt Asian gf

>arguing if the performance version of a Taurus from the factory is more rice than the performance version of a caprice from the factory
Another quality thread.

hmm nah
the Taurus looks ricey

>looks
Oh, that subjective thing. So you're saying that nothing other than your own moronic opinion is making the Taurus rice then?

If anything other than from the front it's harder to tell an SHO apart from a LX than it is to tell an Impala apart from a Caprice 9C1(it's mechanical twin).

The kicker is GM offered the same powertrain in not only the same looking Caprice, but Buicks, Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles. Not exactly a "unique" car other than the Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancements.

Also, just about everyone other than you knows the SHO is a sleeper.

The auto's are boring and not as fast, though are also worthless so they are cheap as hell. They will still handy keep up with modern v6's.

t. races a $500 3.2

the SHO is a sleeper in the sense that puts you to sleep

you can fanboy it all you want its still a ricer shitbox

This but unironically

>I'm a retard: the post

youtube.com/watch?v=EUrfIW4zQmM

drivingline.com/articles/looking-back-at-the-ford-taurus-sho-americas-greatest-sleeper/

complex.com/sports/2014/04/best-sleeper-cars/sho

thrillist.com/cars/nation/10-basic-cars-that-are-secretly-fast-the-best-sleeper-cars

There's tons more too. At this point I can't tell if you're a genuine moron, uninformed, a troll or a mixture of all 3.

dang some people called it a sleeper so its a sleeper

its 2017 tard its slow a s fuck and was even slower than GMs powerful sedan offerings at the time

I guess its a sleeper if you drive a 1992 base model Civic or something

Stop being a retarded contrarian and try to understand context. Are you trying to appear stupid on purpose? This is a genuine question btw.

>1989
>GMs Caprice runs a 17 second 1/4 mile at best
>their "compact sedans" with the Quad 4 are still much slower than the SHO
>their halo car the corvette only puts out 20hp more than a Ford Taurus
>GM tried to copy the SHO engine with the shitty LQ1

You come off as a dumber version of Stolen Recaros you're fangirling for GM so hard.

GM is literally my least favorite American car company

lol at you having to go back to 1989 to defend the Taurus tho its like you know GM killed the fuck out of Ford just a few years after that

and nah stuff like the Quad 442 killed the SHO

the SHO isnt very impressive and it looks like a tacky riced out family sedan

del slow is alright but the sho is better

>'91 quad 4 442 calias
>0-60 in 7.0s

>'00 Bonneville SSEI
>0-60 in 7.5s

>'89 SHO
>0-60 in 6.7s

Again, you're wrong. Just like every other post ITT. Stop fangirling so hard if you don't know wtf you're talking about.

>only 0-60

lol I know exactly why youre afraid to post any good info because thats all it has going for it

SLO is a shit

>that fangirl irony

>implying that the cars SSEI with a 4spd auto or the 442 with less HP will get faster as speed climbs

Retard.

My buddy has a mint '00 SSEI, didn't even make it to 80k and it spun a rod bearing. My 3.2 has 250k miles on it, multiple enduro's, a boat/trailer race, and it still runs fantastic.

yeah you are retarded since the 442 and SSEI both would dip 14s stock

imagine if you actually knew about cars and a little thing called gearing

Impala was faster too

SLO a shit

The fastest known, bone stock SHO was a 94 MTX. It went a 14.6@97 MPH

Keep smoking that crack pipe GMfangirl.

Also, the Impala SS is a full second slower to 100mph than the SHO and has a 1mph lower top speed. So much for gearing eh?