Do any of you want to work in the auto industry?

Or just be an armchair critics, especially when it comes to design

I'm the president of GM.

i am also the president of GM

I'm the gm of president.

Sure if you're willing to hire someone without experience in the field.

I'm the president of GM

How would one even go about making a career in motorsports?

I'm a vehicle dynamics engineer

I'm the president of MG

Nice to meet you. I'm the president of GM.

I'm the president of AMC.

Here are my plans
>design 1 or 2 single chassis to use across the entire lineup and milk them for as long as we can
>design 1 4pot and 1 V6 for all models
>these cars will part-share like crazy
>put all of our money into R&D of durable reliable parts and making our 2 engines reliable and durable as fuck
>1 car chassis will be a jack of all trades coming in Wagon, Sedan, UTE form with 2WD and 4WD offerings
>we'll capture the cheap economy market and take a bite out of the off-road i need 4WD market and part of the utility market
>sport versions on that same chassis will be used by taking the same engine we use in all of our models and just slapping a turbo on it with some wings and chin-spoilers so you'll be driving a sports-car based off your dad's UTE which itself is based-off your mom's car which ITSELF will be based off all the fleet-shitboxes we sell.

The entire company will be about maximizing the amount of markets we're competing in whilst using the same 1 or 2 chassis and 2 engines and whatever money we make from that goes into updating our stuff until we absolutely have to design new ones.
>win

>goes bankrupt because fucking nobody in america is buying wagons or utes
nice job retard

Hey Mr gm president, wanna put one of those v8s you guys make in our ride?

I wouldn't just be selling in america and since its all based on the same chassis even if its an extremely niche market i can afford to cater it because the money i'm pulling in on the exact same chassis with all the other variants would suffice. Europe would appreciate cheap wagons with fuel efficient durable 4pots and ausland would appreciate UTEs.

Sounds like a fantastic idea. we'll give those boys over at sunbeam a run for their money.

Why would you want to work in car design? You have basically zero input thanks to the government.

I want to make people ride 660cc shitboxes, only with cvt shit, no manuals.

I want to integrate electric moped or kick-scooter into a trunk, in order to park for free and do not lose that much weight.

No, you're a fucking moron. Jeep is your meal ticket, and the I6 is your saving grace. All you have to do is not fuck up the later years of AMC and not get sold to Chryco.

I work in crash management. I make the cars fat.

But less so every year.

Im the President of Opel

I'm the president of vag

>armchair critics, especially when it comes to design

Whats wrong with this exactly? If you design something that you want to sell to people, it will be criticized.

Are there even any appealing jobs in the car industry for the average person?

trucc driver delivering cars, you get 50k a year as far as I know

Doesn't sound very appealing.

What i just described worked for Mitsubishi and Subaru so it would definitely work here. Jeep alone isn't going to prop up the entire company, reputation in small fuel efficient nimble import fighters and cheap reliable exports will.
>surviving the oil crisis

Kill yourself

I'm the president of Nintendo

I'm a software engineer for one of the American manufacturers.
It's not bad. Pays well, and my team is never rushed because if we fuck up someone dies.

I worked as local parts development engineer in 3rd world country for mitsubishi, I think my job sucks..

My dad is the president of GM

I'm looking to get into engineering as a career so an apprenticeship with an automaker like landrover (I'm in the uk) or something sounds likley

Is that a Roushe?