/dg/ Destiny General - The City is Burning Edition

Open Beta is GO!

>>>NEWSRESET INFO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UpSHC1dqX1o
youtu.be/GSKUKVtujBc?t=40s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It looks better and feels worse all while at the same time being the same.

To me it's a great improvement.
Been doing better in this beta than in all of D1.
Especially in the last months of D1.

>No stickies
>No icebreakers
>No sidearms

I love it

d1 with no cooldown reduction feels like shit too

>no sunbreaker untill next year

Thread theme (Cabal Perspective):
youtube.com/watch?v=UpSHC1dqX1o

2/3 Trials

Just play Warlock my dude

I want melting point my man

You mean you don't LOVE being able to shoot while hovering in the air?

Dawnblade is lame as fuck.

>Trials of Osiris
>All armor and weapons are egyptian themed

>Trials of the nine

Will all weapons and armors turn you into a freakshow with tentacles?

Eldritch abomination theme armor? I'll take it

Teamshotting has made the beta PvP shit

Shitters always find way to make games unfun for everyone else.

T. Friendless neets

I love you, user

I love you too, what's your psn? Add me?

I love you too, user

Hunters still have stickies
what's weird is they have much better homing in PvE but it actually seems to be worse thanm before in PvP

Stickies are no longer insta kills in PvP user.
Deliberately so.

Will we ever have a destiny and warframe cross over?

who all can charge grenades? please don't tell me it's just Warlocks

Can someone post the Warlock strike set please?

Only because you said "please" but unfortunately i don't have it

Some guy told me he thinks it's a big mistake that crucible is now about 4 v 4 team battles rather than more individual combat and I called him entitled how did I do bros?

That's pretty dumb, although bungie is fucking gay for not having a 6v6 playlist. For casual fun time

5v5 would be tons better
they also need to make Countdown more urgent and speed up the disabling so alive people count and coming off defense is punishable

I hope this armor is actually in the game. It looks nice.

>peggy hill

They are going to add it later they are following the FIFA structure where they take stuff out and introduce it later as "new content". God damn what happened to the days where we got so many options out of the box day 1? People shit on COD but at least they try to have diverse PVP modes for everyone. This is kinda sad for a company that made Halo of all games.

i don't like the 3 man only fireteam.

Have a (((you)))

what part of my post was the bait?

Idc because i already bought the season pass.

that's actually what's going to happen
they're behind, they're going to add shit in that should've been in the game at launch and reddit and probably (You) are going to suck their dicks for it

>let's ignore Destiny 1 completely

Destiny 1 added modes later on though and even took shit out and brought it back as rotating matches.

Streaming Trials then Wrath

/drinniol7

what

fuck off

Destiny wouldve been better if they didn't sellout to activision. At least with microsoft halo games were complete and had tons of things to do on day 1. It's a shame stockholders are the only players who wins.

Bungo will pay the price one of these days

>comparing a singleplayer story campaign to an online multiplayer with expansions
>halo 2
>complete

Will destiny ever have superior game modes like multi team headhunter?

It's going to be a fun day in the office tomorrow. We had a few bets on what players would and would not discover in The Farm while it was available.

We've been wanting to push the competitive angle because it is one of the best ways to maintain a strong playe rbase. We'd like to keep everyone happy, but all the telemetry from Destiny and love of modes like Trials has shown us that 4v4 is the best way to balance competitive players and casual interests for now. If the winds shift and people trend towards other modes, we might change things up.

Funny because halo 2 campaign pvp mode is still better than anything in D1

Dawnblade doesn't seem to be working correctly.

I feel like a retard but I literally can't make it kill shit. It doesn't connect well.

Googled it and apparently lots of people have the same issue

you didn't address what you're going to do with Countdown
and stop larping

Bungie you guys are dumb.
>want more compeitive but no ranking system
So stupid

>more opinions
>swords
>shotguns
>snipers
looks the same to me

I've already told you guys enough to give you some insight into how things are at a development studio. I get you're still butthurt after all these weeks, angrynon/STALKER mod guy, but nothing I've said has been wrong and you can read around each reveal which reaffirms my statements.

I've got to run some errands while you can angry at the world making your STALKER mod.

>lol???
don't make me expose you

More maps more gametype

you still haven't addressed what you're going to do with Countdown
you were more focused on quickly defending your position

so stop larping already

What one would expect after there being nothing else to do in the game after beating the 'campaign'.

Expose that nigga

There is ranking system mode which is better than comp in destiny, also don't mind me $60 for a full game while $120 D1 which only became decent after TTK

>he thinks bungieanon has omnipresence

he's said before that he'd pass things to other teams for feedback. workplaces have lots of different teams that work together towards a common goal. this is why everony knows you are are a jobless neet, angry user.

POE was peak destiny. Prove me wrong

>Halo 2
>full game
I do agree that Destiny year 1 was a little dram. At least it is recovering.

There still more content than destiny 1 for $60 man

Does the PvP team get to ride the PvE team like horses? Whip them? Steal their lunch money? Because clearly the PvE team is the PvP team's bitch.

>the disappointing expansion that had no raid and was considered Destiny's lowest point was the peak

good samefag
all bullshit till proper proof is provided
I don't believe bungie comes to Veeky Forums to shill or get feedback

Drinnlol is so chill, i didn't know /dg/ would be this chill. How do i play with drinlol

rerolling made it peak PvP

Nvm some autist just joined the stream.

>t. drin

shittest was dark below

I honestly don't know how he feels the need to keep up the act. It's just regurtitating stuff from YouTube videos or IGN interviiews, or generic buzzwords wiith no proof. People in the industry either tend to be complete normalfags that are barely interested in shitshow forums like plebbit, or totally guarded about what they reveal because their asshole is on the line if they say too much.

Dark Below had the hype factor behind it. I agree it was shit too but only after HOW was released and people were like "This is it again" and "Aren't these stages the same only backwards now"did it gt really bad.

House of wolves was so bad it didn't even have a raid. Wtf was bungie doing? Nothing probably at the time

they somehow walk a very fine line between rushing everything and also being lazy while doing even that much

I really wonder how much actual work gets done at Bungie HQ in one day

and how much of it they spend patting themselves on the back

They claim they had a raid in development but didn't like it and cancelled the whole plan. I would like to see concepts of that raid because I don't fucking believe them for a second. I think in reality TDB and HOW content was done already including TDB raid and sometime between the two they realized they need to take development seriously or they are going to piss off their investors and we got Comet aka TTK.

sounds like my office

>''don't worry we have time''
>time passes
>huh deadline is actually next week...

Also POE was complete shit and ROI forge was what POE should have been and I hope they expand the concept of the forge, 6 player horde mode is fun just need more enemies, more areas, more variety etc.

Fuck you PoE was perfect

POE was fucking boring and the fact that the game pauses to show the score always pissed me the fuck off they should show the score and not freeze the fucking game but that is nitpicking. POE was basically set up a base in a corner somewhere and slowly pick off baddies where as forge is just non stop mindless killing which is more fun. I don't give a fuck about securing control points or whatever fuck that, that's not fun.

>tfw took more than 20 PoE runs to get an exotic
>it was the the dreg sidearm

House of Wolves made every piece of content relevant again because of Etheric Light letting us go back and do the old raids again to upgrade old weapon and armors + PvP being fun for most and Trials being a thing after months of hype and discussion.

>clash babby mad there is objective based pve

Yes exactly.

and fucking variks talk was dumb
I hate boss hp blocking with checkpoints and unnecessarily slow PvE

PC beta when

Is recovery the most useful stat or am I wrong?

Seeing as it was the most important in D1 makes sense

Late August

Probably around the 21st if I had to guess

>striker bottom cluster
>FoH lasts longer while sprinting. Killing enemies with FoH extends the duration.

This is it, this is a titan meta

i'm hoping being moved to late september

>PC beta after console release

R.I.P. all of these guys
youtu.be/GSKUKVtujBc?t=40s

PAIN TRAIN

it's bungie. could happen

Do you guys think the old (vanilla) method of getting exotics via nightfall and raids was better or the current method where anyone can get anything as long as they complete exotic missions. I prefer the vanilla way personally. I think there should be two tiers of exotics. Ones casuals can get ones hardcore grinders can get.