Muh truck

You have $30k to buy a pickup. What do you get?

Leaning towards a '17 titan or ram.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/like/192394491986?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=192394491986&rmvSB=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

F250

Used Raptor, duh.

ebay.com/itm/like/192394491986?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=192394491986&rmvSB=true

fudge forgot about that. nvm my previous post......I would get a raptor V8 only.

>dodge
>nissan

Lets talk about why you hate yourself so much, user.

>those dents
>dat mileage
Hard pass

Ram gives you a lot for the money, and the titan isn't bad at all.
Could also go '17 f150 xlt trim

Silverado double cab 4x4 5.3 with a locking diff. Plain and simple but probably too barebones for some. Most dealerships still have lots of 2017's on the lot so you should be able to get a good deal. Especially if crew cab short beds are your thing.

I would only ever lease a Dodge and even then like 4 years max. Same with Ford.

Rams are shit. The only people that buy them are fanbois and dumbasses that dont do research.

All part of stealership-free ownership experience, and the mileage isn't too bad.

It also helps that the normal F-150 is the best selling truck in America, easy to find at Copart and IAAI to use for parts.

Good lick getting any truck for 30k unless you're ok with very base trim. Most of the trucks run 40k + easily

>brand new 5 ton
>Boyce ftw

Base Tacoma in 4x4 and use the leftover 6 k on lift/wheels/tires/lockers

Or

Anything with a Cummins diesel and as few electronics as possible

Or

VIN swapped Hilux

>tfw all trucks being fuckhuge removed the possibility of getting a maxed-out ford ranger for $30k

D A I L Y
R
I
V
E
R

But tocoma Is a tiny baby truck

I don't see what the issue is, it's a comfy automatic 4x4.

It's comfy, easy to work on, you can stick just about any motor, tyranny, rear end in the world into it. And with all the extra money you save you can just about keep it's 50 gallon tank full for a year or two....maybe.

Chevy is great IMO. Their Silverado ranges from econobox tier to ultra comfy king of the road tier luxery machine.

I drive a small roadster but I was IPressed with my friends Silverado.
I would get a GMC I think but they are the same just GM has a more out doors esthetic.

IMO you'd have to be retarded to buy a Japanese full size truck. That category is one of the few that American manufacturers are actually good at making, so why not buy from a place that has decades of experience in that category?

Personally I'd do a Silverado or F150 if I were in the market for a full size pickup. But between the two options you listed, I'd still rather have the Ram.

I'd use it as a camping/vanlife vehicle.

Your sentiment is he thing that is retarded, user. You think it takes some special muh american experience to build a box on frame vehicle? All trucks are unsafe pieces of overpriced shit with horrific rollover ratings. The only diff between toyota and the american brands is he japanese vehicle will be more mechanically sound after the same amount of miles and wear and tear.

Its a fucking truck, user. They all do the same thing and go the same places if similarly equipped. There is a reason non domestics hold their value better than some used dodge or chevy or ferd piece of shit.

I'd only go ram if I wanted a Cummins turbo diesel. Otherwise I'd get an F150 or Tundra

You have no idea what you are talking about. Go get some life experiences and lose your virginity, so you don't sound like a pleb

That doesn't make any sense. You would ignore the manufacturers that have been refining their full size truck formula for 50+ years for a Japanese econobox manufacturer just because 'muh quality'. That's just dumb. Plenty of US trucks out there with seriously high mileage on them to prove the Japanese trucks aren't notably better in quality at the end of the day. Wonder why everyone swaps chevy small blocks into everything and not Titan engines if they're so much better?

IMO this is like someone looking for a luxury GT car skipping the BMW and Merc dealers and going to Kia.

3k ranger with 27k of simple mods

Are dropside trays common on murican trucks?

Unfortunately no

No. It's usually a flat bed. Only welders and farmers use them. I don't know why you guys get moist over those. It's just like a normal pickup but all your shit can fly away.

They are never aluminum like that.

That's aluminum right?

Having had both the tub and tray, I find the tray easier to load as you can drop all the gates off for bulky objects. The tub did look better though.

Correct, it's the tray off a single cab navara. There is a steel frame under the alloy panels.

These are the closest thing we got.

For commercial use these are available as aftermarket beds for heavy duty pickups in the US. A little pricey but they are awesome for light construction, farming, and landscaping.

How sturdy are those aluminum trays? Can you haul rocks with them? It looks sick imho

ive ironically been looking at this.

How can you look at it ironically?

>visible confusion

The aluminium deck/steel frame will easily hold a tonne but the side gates will bulge if a lot of weight is put against them. They only have spring loaded locking arms in each corner to hold them together. If dirt/sand were your primary load I can see the tub being better suited.

like this

looks bitchin wish I had one on my 77

Meant to post this

I'm honestly horrible with internet irony

Pls send help

A piece of shit truck that runs and works for 3-5k then spend the 25k on a nice car to enjoy when I don't need to use a truck.

Where is that?

A $30k truck is still faster, more comfy and more practical than a $25k car.

Got my 2015 Toyota Tacoma AWD large double cab for $16,500. The smell of smokes took a month to get rid of but I love it.

6 speed frontier

Western Australia. American pickups are a bit of a rarity here, although mine was a Ford australia factory right hand drive. Makes finding replacement steering and dash parts a ordeal but it came with a 351 cleveland which sounds amazing.

love it

>buy an old nissan d21 for 1k
>spend the rest on a nice car because trucks are gay.

I meant unironically. the other guy was someone else

2008 Ram 2500 Laramie with like 6k worth of upgrades

I buy any 80's single cab 4wd diesel with a stick

why?
because you'll never need more truck than what you get with that, + you have smaller dimensions and it's lighter (no unneccessary bullshit) so its zippy, and most of all since it's the 80's its gonna come with some out there color combo.

>mfw stepping into an all blue or red velour interior with a bench seat and wood veneer panel trim

you don't know the level of comfy

I'm stuck between a F-150 (with a 5L V8) or a Toyota Tundra.

I know buying the Toyota should be a no brainier because of Toyota's reliability, but given how my pop's 2012 F150 is still doing him well since the day he bought, I maybe leaning toward getting that.

No. If I did I would love to have a durable one.

I buy a car for 10-20k and pocket the rest. if i ever need a truck i rent one.

Kek'd

I've always wondered why Americans need such fuck huge trucks? Why not just get a transit?

it's mainly 56%ers whose dicks have disappeared underneath their stomachs. people who get shit done have an oldass ranger or taco that they treat like gold.

Spend $15k tracking my old 1985 F-350 down again. Spend $5k buying it back. Spend $10k fixing everything I couldn't before.

I saw it once again on CL about two years after I sold it, almost a year ago. I miss that old locomotive of a truck. If I could drive it again, I'd leave it in the country where it belongs, even if I had to rent space on some redneck's property.

They just seem really impractical,but I suppose thats okay because American roads are fucking huge thanks to the better infrastructure. I've always thought that's why Americans are shitty drivers tbf. Their roads are good so they can't go full beat down a shit wee country road the width of one of those trucks.

>tfw sold my first car and bought 2 others
>never thought I would miss it too much
>tfw missing it all the time now
someday we'll get our cars back user

It was the right thing to do at the time. It was gigantic and a 4-speed truck manual: a nightmare to park and drive in city traffic. I literally had not driven it in the previous 2 months before I sold it because I just didn't want to bother parking it again. But I still miss it. I road tripped from Texas to Georgia and back in it. Now I know that I just need to leave it out of the city and she'll be right.

>You have $30k to buy a pickup. What do you get?
A Transit van, a trailer, and change.