Should I Import An Evo III or Skyline GT-R

So, I'm about to go to school for the first time ever since graduating high school, 10 years ago, by going to college to earn my bachelors in computer information systems and my salary after getting my degree (in 2022) should be enough to save up enough money in 6 months to import a JDM car.

I've always wanted to get an R32 Skyline GT-R or even an RX-7, but I then reminded myself how popular these cars are, in the U.S., and I always wanted to be unique about most stuff, so I started to think about the Evo III, since no one seems to care about those very much.

Would owning an Evo III be about as worthwhile as owning a Nissan Skyline or are they complete garbage? Would it attract cops like the Skyline?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/nismo-heritage-program-to-offer-parts-for-heritage-cars-in-japan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

These cars will be considerably more expensive by the time you graduate

What kind of question is this? Evo III...

Unique, fun, legendary even, the birth of the true Evo.

How many people do you know own an Evo III? Here in Alaska there are quite a few skylines, yet i've never seen an imported Evo from any generation.

Do yourself a favor user, get the underestimated mad dog of a car.

The R32 GT-R is not that popular. You'll also have actual parts support from Nismo Autech. Personally I think the R32 is a more practical choice but up to you.

I'm sure I'll still be able to save up for one in a year.

What is the entry salary for a computer systems analyst, $60,000? I'm sure I won't have an issue saving half of that much if everything else for me works out, financially.

It's more popular than an Evo - it's a fucking Skyline - you'll see at least a few at a large car meet, but you'll never see an Evo from the early 90s.

>my salary after getting my degree (in 2022) should be enough to save up enough money in 6 months to import a JDM car

Worry about this when you graduate and actually obtain a job with the salary you think you're going to receive.

Then save up and buy a house first.

What? You already got a job lined up?

If not you're a fucking idiot for buying something expensive unless someone is paying for your education.

All I wanted was to import a clean Forester, crown, or other type of wagon. When you are asking cops, we all know you want to just show off.

evo fo sho

Are you honestly getting a car because you want to be a special snowflake?

It's a piece of steel and rubber. I hate to break it to you but nothing is really that special at the end of the day. Even being in the top 1% is a club of 3 million people in the US. You're never going to be that unique.

But if you insist then yeah get the Evo. Just don't cry here when you discover you can't find any parts for it because Mitsubishi has long since stopped giving a shit about the car and what parts exist are in a scrap yard in Japan.

Man, I want to blow a few months of salary on a classic car though. It's something I wanted to prove to myself, to have a reason to live on. To prove to some past self that I hadn't forgotten about the dreams I once had.

I have a daily driver and I have a house/retirement fund sitting around 40k now and I don't want to touch that, but I can at least do this for myself right?

I dunno man. I have nothing else waiting for me in life. I can't drink, I don't do drugs, I'm not some 10x engineer. I can't do better than my parents. All that lies ahead of me is obligations and continuing the cycle.

Read the post again - I'm going to college so I can get a job.

Not show off, just drive fast on winding roads when no one is around - what I always do in my current shitbox.

pls don't plan woth money you don't have.

I speak from experience.

dreaming big right now will let you down in the future

the market for those degrees is sadly getting saturated with pajeets, and the pay is slowly becoming not worth graduating for anymore

t. unemployed isys grad

Do it man, do what will make you happy and don’t look back.

You're not guaranteed a job after college you know.

I have a job lined up but the prospect of spending so much on something I don't really need definitely makes it hard.

>Nismo Autech
You know those are two separate companies right

I thought Nismo is doing the front end of the heritage parts program while Autech is doing the back end nitty gritty of actually making the parts. Is Nismo owning the whole thing?

It’s Nismo and their “heritage parts” program. I don’t see Autech in the picture at all.

if you do want to own a EVO 3 the problem is finding a good unmolested car.

the other big concerns will be kilometers
>>high kilometers are bad: as above 200, 000 and expect to be doing a engine rebuild cos they become oil refineries and put out more oil than you can stick in.

>>centre diffs are about as strong as rice paper too many hard launches and burnouts and you will be replacing it.

>>idiot factor most of these have been found and done up by idiots so good ones are a hard ask forget craigslist: you are going to have to look on trade me (NZ) or ebay australia. yes they are RHD countries as mitsubishi made very few LHD evos full stop.

IF you want to be complete snowflake and have "special mitsubishi" look for a japanese only: LANCER 6 its the normal mitsubishi lancer with a V6 instead

newsroom.nissan-global.com/releases/nismo-heritage-program-to-offer-parts-for-heritage-cars-in-japan

"The parts will go on sale in Japan on Dec. 1 as part of the new NISMO Heritage program, a joint activity of Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Nissan Motor Sports International Co., Ltd., Autech Japan, Inc., and their suppliers."

Sounds like Autech is related to me.