Why do so many people think bmw drivers are rich?

why do so many people think bmw drivers are rich?

>expensive car
>impossible to fix without going to the dealership and paying out the ass
>all BMW drivers drive like self-absorbed assholes

because you have to have bank to be repairing the car every other day

this. also, rich people buy BMW like its the only car available so its natural for us to assume that all BMW drivers are rich fucks.

Except old BMW cars, I just assume those people are young and dont know what they bought or idiots

>want a BMW 3-series because I want a decent-looking, quick, rwd, compact sports sedan with decent features and a 6-cylinder
>don't want to get associated with badgewhores
Why do most of the cars that are nice on paper have to also be part of luxury brands with a bunch of extra shit tagged onto it?

shoulda bought an M2

there are other nice cars without badgewhore shit attached you know...

>why do so many bmw drivers pretend they are rich

t.brainlets who know virtually nothing about cars aside from "I HATE BADGE"

What brands features what OP wants without poor driving dynamics like the RWD six cylinder Toyotas/Lexus who have numb steering, very hard to find manuals, and comfort oriented suspension, or without massive mark-ups?

>t. BMW fag that ruins it for everyone with your shitty attitude

Why would you even care? You’re gonna make all your decisions in life based on what other people expect you to do? Buy the car that you want, you’re the one who’s going to pay for it and drive it.

I’m a poor college student and have been dailying a bimmer for almost 3 years. Most expensive thing was changing a water pump for $300. Other than that it’s been oil changes and tires.

If you don’t buy something retarded like a salvage title M5 it’s pretty easy to maintain.

He’s right for calling you guys out on knowing 0 about cars. People like you shitpost some retarded memes about bmw all day and then expect people to answer you respectfully?

OP has not stated what exactly about the BMW he likes nor has he indicated weather it is a car or suv he is referring to. My comment was very vague for a reason... there are nice cars other than BMW, which ones would work for OP I cannot say.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, should I just say "Yes, you're right, my car that has actually been reliable and not all that expensive to maintain is actually and unreliable piece of shit. Even though I bought it because I enjoyed how it drove, I will let you tell me that I bought it because of the badge." Would that be better?

The post you replied to was very specific, you moron.

>t. butthurt BMW fag

I dont expect sweet fuck all out of anyone, just knowing that you have to pay a BMWs repair bills is fine for me.

>he's too stupid to work on his own car
>he thinks everyone else must be this stupid as well

>Would that be better
truth is always better

somewhat, but "decent looking" is hard to quantify as everyone has different tastes.

Okay, you got me. You're just blatantly baiting, and I bit. Good job.

I was smart enough to not drive a BMW in the first place so I don't have to fix a BMW

BMW is a very good car brand but BMW owners are literally full of shit everywhere in the world

Yeah those epic oil change bills I pay must really help you get over your shit life. Don’t know what I would do with myself if I was such an utterly butthurt faggot like you.

>be me
>buy $5500 bmw
>only spend 500 in 2 years
?

Uh nope, they’re pretty easy to work on, especially inline 6’s.

Pretty sure you’re just an idiot who doesn’t know anything about cars. Why are you even on this board?

I have a feeling BMW is going to be in trouble in the next few years. Their designs have been devoid of innovation for awhile. I’m so tired of that awful grill.

What kind of BMW do you daily? I hear that reliability varies heavily between generations, and I was looking at an F30 or F32 as a new fun daily.

>not getting the car you want because you're afraid of what other people will think of it
Cuck

I bought an e30 for $600 5 years ago its been great. Easy to work on parts are little more then normal price but not bad. Call me a rich douchebag if you want i have a car i enjoy driving and its cheap and easy.

I bought a very well maintained E46, had all the service records and seemed perfectly fine on the test drive. The same day I got it home, it didn't want to start and I couldn't drive it for a few days. Once I fixed that (turns out the fuel pump fuse went), the rear brakes started dragging, the handbrake got even worse than before, the CD player stopped working, engine started misfiring and shaking really badly at idle, I get a burning smell from the engine bay after stopping, occasionally I'll get a "headlight out" warning on the dashboard (light is perfectly fine) and the temperature occasionally rises above center for no reason. I think I understand why the stereotype exists now.

It’s an e60 530i, and it’s true that reliability varies greatly based on model. The e60 535 and 550 for example are very costly to keep running at high mileage.

F30’s are fine though, really good cars, my only beef with them is that they’re a bit heavy.

This is exactly how I feel, except nobody calls me a rich douchebag since everybody at my college has a brand new amg or porsche

Yeah, I feel you on the weight thing with F30s, but I want a recent model and it seems like heavy or fat has been the trend for several years at this point, so I just have to accept it as part of the package.

Worrying about being called a badgewhore is worse than being a badgewhore

I want a wagon and I want RWD. Is BMW my only option? I'm put off by spending hundreds of euros on maintenance

I say go for it, they’re pretty solid cars and very comfortable. The new 535i with the N55 is a good car. I wish it were lighter like my e60 but it doesn’t matter if you’re not planning on hitting the canyons or anything.

I think mercedes makes rwd wagons too but they will cost more to maintain. It really depends on if the car you buy was well taken care of, it’s not like honda where you can abuse the shit out of it and it’ll be fine.

bmw shits are literally the car version of applefag phone cases with a hole in the middle on purpose

Lol no, that's Mercedes.

Tesla

>two badges on the front
>one illuminated
>optional puddle lights that project mercedes logoes on the ground

You could always just like... buy one anyway and not give a fuck what other people think.

That's what I did and it worked out pretty well for the past 8 months.

I get the rich kids and the stance fags bothering me thinking they are on my level because we both drive bmws. They always think im crazy when i tell them im not going to repaint it or restore the interior or fix the dents or get new rims. I bought it to drive it as hard as physically possible and enjoy that aspect of the car. If i wanted to look like a douche i could go buy any brand new car i wanted but i would rather spend my money other ways.

>burning smell from the engine bay after stopping
If 4-piston gas engine, look for oil leak at vacuum pump seal. Cheap, bitch to access, good chance to need to replace the whole pump since cover bends under vacuum and over time spinner wears a groove on it. (If you keep ignoring this, you'll eventually get mysterious error messages telling you mixture too lean pointing towards vvt and maf. It's likely just this vacuum leak, fix it before touching maf or, god forbid, diving into vvt.)

Another fun thing E46's can do is lit up the dash in seasonal colors and refuse to turn off rear lights when key is out. It's just some part of obd module tripping due to moisture or who knows what, pull fuse for some time, an hour or weekend, and it'll settle.

I do have to wonder how this performance manufacturer of performance cars managed to select rubber for seals that has performs maybe 10 years and then you dont have to change oil anymore, just fill 'er up with a quart every 300 miles.

Lighten up tho', it's just a joke /// ;-P

>they’re pretty easy to work on, especially inline 6’s.
This. Having owned several cars over the past 20 or so years, my 2006 BMW is by far the easiest one I've ever worked on.

I spent the previous 12 years wrenching on a WRX. That was probably the worst.

Maybe in America. In Europe its a step above econobox. On top of that every poorfag boy racer moved away from the VW Golf into shitbox 3-series.

then get a manual 3.6 ats good luck finding one.

Maybe when newer generation gets cheaper and thats for year or two they just run them to the ground

7k for an e46 wagon, are you fucking mad!?!?!?

Yup! I was a bit intimidated at first thinking it would be complicated like mercedes but I was pleasantly surprised to find it easy as pie. I’d say nissan is the worst to wrench on followed by mercedes followed closely by subaru

That’s the thing, plenty of people in my city drive them because it’s german and they want to show off or some stupid shit. This is why I don’t care what people think; I don’t have the time or energy to explain to every single person that it’s just a reliable and fun car to drive.

Marketing.

amg is also option.

>I think mercedes makes rwd wagons too but they will cost more to maintain
I wish this meme would die
I have owned my merc for 1 year and the only thing that cost me the most was changing the gear selector which was like 45 euros
fucking buying new lug nuts cost me 30 euros for comparison

Nobody does.
Too many braindead shitskins driving them secondhand and/or financed.

>mfw I felt bad about buying a bimmer recently even though it costed half of what a used bro truck (which was what I was considering buying instead) does...that is, until last night
I passed a truck/trailer and Prius on a backroad doing a 100+ like it was nothing. Put an instant smile on my face, forgot about all my troubles for a brief second. Fuck the stigma behind the brand, buy whatever makes you happy anons

>Fuck the stigma behind the brand, buy whatever makes you happy anons
You will only realize this if you’re not retarded. I’m fine with dumb asses buying new prius’s instead for the same price because of muh stigma.

>*buys entry-tier model from the go-to fuccboi brand*
Exquisite taste, my friend. You truly are redpilled.

Pretty much this lmao

Only if you drive a new M5 or M6 imo. A basic bitch white 3 series doesn't mean shit.

How the hell can Veeky Forums hate on the only company offering quick 4 and 2 door cars with stick shifts?

Oh, Veeky Forums is full of busriding faggots, I forgot

People dont think that. People know that BMW drivers are fake rich people in massive amounts of debt and we think its funny.

people are dumb

and it's the basic fucking mercedes too.

biggest niggermobile manufacturer ever after chrysler and nissan

>poorfag Mercs have light up logos built into their grills
>high end Mercs don't have giant logos built into their grills at all
Really activates those almonds

My e36 just straight up died on me when I was 17 and I fixed it without dealership/workshop help. Only cost was for a fuel pump (second hand) but it turned out my pump was just clogged (shit Zealand quality fuel).

"I CAN'T AFFORD IT, SO IT MUST BE SHIT" - the thread

man, I too remember being 12 and skipping the entire argument thing so I could straight up go to "DUHH I HATE IT".

simpler times.

honestly having the radar sensors built into the emblem like on the C/E seems much better than the weird flat spot on the S. Radar cruise control is the best quality of life feature if you live anywhere with traffic but most car manufacturers implement the sensors really poorly (Audi for example)

I would have to disagree with you
having it in the emblem makes the star flat like a sticker or something and I hate that

I drove a Mazda 3 through some snow on a road trip and every few hours I'd had to stop and clean the sensor for the radar guided cruise control
Honestly I felt like a moron cleaning the Mazda emblem, I can't imagine how big of a tool someone would look doing the same to a lower end Merc

That's because people who buy BMWs are actually rich in this shithole. But so is every Euro car here after the 90s.

Just drive without the radar?

Just drive without cruise control

why would anyone destroy a car with those horrible tire/wheel combo. I know its california, and an old bmw that is owned by i assume some poor person but my god.

its a merifat thing
costs a lot to ship those boring cars to the other side of the world.

tfw nobody even bats an eye at a brand new M in england, not even car fags