/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

High energy cosplay edition

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION
(To find out why, read OP FAQ right below this, under "Which edition should I buy?" section)

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this first before asking questions)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>Stat Checking
r6stats.com/
game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Operation Health - Patch 2.21 is live.
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/health/title-update-2-1.aspx
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health
rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-290265-16/operation-health-qa
Hong Kong season has been delayed. Poland map has been canceled. GROM operators will be released together with HK and SK operators.

Read the thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/VJ8QB
support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025116/Starter-Edition-FAQ
cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8571017/spider_man_poster.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>THOT edition
Attention whores need to GTFO

2nd for i will marry sakuya

>page9

Buff captiao

>playing Blitz on Chinese restaurant map
>hostage in 1st floor bedroom
>drone phase ends, get back on drone
>less than a minute passes and it's a 1v5
>outside of the building, next to the room
>enemies start coming from all directions trying to get me
>practically spinning in circles
>kill three if them
>die to Jager right as I start to enter the building
>end up losing the match because trash team
It isn't possible for me to get out of silver.

buff foot goddess

His para needs its damage returned to what it was before the nerf, now that he doesn't have so much utility with frags anymore. His LMG is still possibly the worst primary in the game, even doubling its fire rate wouldn't be overpowered.

How do I fix this?

More dust on the poster, over top of the characters, especially on bottom.

>tfw no IQ soles to burry my face in

Use either all 3D models or all art for the characters, not a mix of both.
Do what said and add dust onto the characters.
Also, I feel like something needs to be added to the middle so there isn't just a blank spot. Maybe the Rainbow 6 logo?

You should add Pulse since Dust Line was the era of his quickswitch bullshit

webmshare.com/VJ8QB

>just got the game
>play casual and see TDM, think "oh ok I can just get a feel for the guns, characters and maps in casual team death match"
>play
>it's not TDM
>it's not casual
>everyone who kills me perfectly uses every tool at their disposal like they are fucking sherlocke holmes to kill me before I have even a millisecond of time to react

wew lads, I consider myself decent at shooters but I am not picking up this game very well, but I'm trying to hang in there.

Stick with it. You will never play another shooter again since this one has nearly perfect gun mechanics and you'll always wonder why no one else has thought up the leaning mechanic.

Fuck me, I bought BF1 a short while before I got into Siege and I have barely touched BF1

Terrifying.

Do other shooters these days have leaning? I remember it being common in older games.

I'll stick with it, it doesn't help that I bought the fucking starter edition so my account is permanently ruined, even if I bought all the operators it's permanently flagged as starter edition now, fuck you jewbisoft.

No. BF4 has an auto leaning mechanic, but it just doesn't compare.

Additionally, when you're into siege, you start feeling that "it should totally have killed him" in other games. Even on hardcore servers on Battlefield, people can eat bullets in comparison to Siege.

Wasn't leaning announced as the cool, new and innovative feature in one of the newer CoDs?
I know it's bullshit but the last game I played was Black Ops 1.

>chinese

>He fell for the Starter Edition meme
Is it really this hard to read

why does valyrie have a blue circle in her eyes?

I don't look at general threads before buying a game

Welcome to the hellish start. Where you will not know what you are doing, people will belittle you if you fuck up, and it will make you want to quit. But if you persevere, you will join the ranks of people who somewhat know what the fuck they are doing. I was lucky. I got this game around the time it first came out. So everyone was new.

Helpful advice, do all the situations, try and get all the stars(does not have to be in one go), and you can play it on easy. Also watch all 3 tutorial vids. All of these actions will get you renown to at least help you buy some operators. Get an even mix of defenders and attackers so you have choices on both sides. Read the pastebin I think for more advice on who to pick.

But if I can say some advice here, if you want multiple operators from each atk/def side, get them from diff factions. From each faction, every time you get an operator the price increases. So it is cheaper to get the one of each faction. For Def rook is a nice starter. Just set his bag and you are done. For attackers, I would say Thermite or Sledge. Sledge is easy. You make holes in walls it your hammer. Thermite is a little tricky. He is very useful for the team to open reinforced walls. There is some knowledge needed to know which walls, and skill to stay alive to get those walls open. So you would stick yourself in the back of the group.

Don't you become at least a tiny bit suspicious when you are reading this?

Well shit, ok so if you are willing to spend more money you can "rectify" this.

How can I unlock the operators faster when playing the Starter Edition?
- Play the Daily and Weekly Challenges to unlock extra Renown
- Purchase Renown Boosters.
- Wait for the weekly Operators discounts (Renown and R6 Credits).
- Purchase the £28.99/35€ R6 Credits pack to unlock all the 16 original Operators (attacker and defender bundle)

Can I easily upgrade to the Standard Edition?
The easiest way is to gain access to all the Original Operators as quickly as the Standard Edition is to purchase the R6 Credits bundle that best fits your needs, and unlock the missing Operators.

For instance, getting the 4920 R6 Credits bundle (£28.99/35€) allows you to instantly unlock both the Attackers Bundle (all 10 original ATKs) and the Defender bundle (all 10 original DEFs) plus the additional content of your choice.

post most played ops

Please, don't suggest Thermite or Hibana to new players. Their role is far too important and requires game knowledge to be used most effectively.

I did put that caveat of needing some knowledge and it is also why I mentioned sledge as a good alternative.

I don't really play them much anymore, but I felt extremely comfortable using them for a very large chunk of my playtime.

>thermite
>not thatcher

I'd rather suggest Thatcher to be honest,

Have you ever looked at her cameras?

Thatcher is also a weird case, if you have no breachers or the defenders are not blocking walls and stuff, he is not being used to his full potential. Sure you can take out the odd gadget behind a wall but then you can pick another operator who you can use better.

I just thought it meant you have to grind to unlock as opposed to having everything unlocked, which I was fine with but I have 2 and a half hours playtime with 1/10th of the renown to unlock, I did not know it would be this bad.

I read that, the idea of paying basically as much as the standard edition in credits only to have my account still be flagged as starter did not appeal to me

It's not like you could have looked that stuff up first

Well once you get all the starting operators, you are the same as the standard edition. Also what flag are you talking about?

>dont buy the starter edition! you'll have to grind!
I come from warframe
You merely adopted the farm
I was born in it
Molded by it

Still find odd that most people don't seem to have much hours with their most played operators

>bearly 1kd shitters in my general

>Well once you get all the starting operators, you are the same as the standard edition. Also what flag are you talking about?

It was my understanding that the standard edition doesn't include DLC operators. With the starter edition, all operators including the DLC operators will have the inflated starter edition renown price. So going starter buy > unlock with credits route leaves your account with higher renown prices permanently.

Garbage deneral that has leaks with namefags a d footfags who defend Ubisoft by saying"git gud"

The game might be popular but you can't say that old /r6g/ before the game got big was like this

I too came from warframe
Its not worth it. It really isnt. Imagine you are stuck using mag for a couple weeks/months with the exact same loadout. All so you can eventually unlock oberon.

DLC prices are the same for standard and starter. Also standard and starter both don't get DLC operators. You were super miss informed.

I dont mind it
Ive been using the starter edition and i enjoy being able to play with a small pool of operators that i can become comfortable with and set myself goals within the prices im given, instead of having a bunch of operators ill never use 'just because'

Im boring
>barely 5 hours on ops in my general

is there a starter vs. standard disparity for attachment unlocks?

Better?

No, you can also go through the faq.

support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025116/Starter-Edition-FAQ

>showing off K/D on a smurf account
What a scrub

Maybe add some filter or edit valk so she looks less of a 3d model compared to the other operators.

my main is ovet 2kdr aswell
but its ash/jager :^)

too much blank below pulse. add a picture of a bomb or biohazard container, also since it's dust line, put border in the background or something.

>Operation """"HEALTH""""
>nothing changes
>as a result of no medication or treatments being administered game actually becomes unhealthier due to lack of nutrition in the form of Polish operators and map

Irony

WHY DOES VALK HAVE A BLUE CIRCLE IN HER EYE THOUGH

Its pretty obvious that it signifies her cameras
I mean, it looks like shit, but it IS pretty obvious

>his main isnt over 4 kd
absolute trash

>try out meme double shotgun loadout
>1 match later i want to die

My last stab at this one tonight. Does the blue eye still look like shit?

They added a bug where you regularly get zero renown after winning a match. I don't play much ranked, but I assume you get no ranking either. I don't know what causes it, but it's different from a similar bug from a couple months ago.

the composition is way better. dial back the filter on valk so she doesn't look so blurry. also throw just a tad of sharpen on blackbeard or find a higher res version because his cutout doesn't seem to be as sharp as rook or pulse.

>operation health
>ADDING A BUG

pretty spicy meme

Thanks, anons.

Heard. I got all of the portraits from the same place, so I just kinda assumed they were all about the same quality. Gonna call this one done.

Will they ever retexture/remodel holographic so it stops looking like ass?

It's easily the best aim but it clashes with the aesthetic of every single weapon, its awful

Hey friend, here is a movie tip for you - the "rule of 3" applies here. You can only have 3 "things" on a movie poster. This isn't, to say, only 3 specific items, but you can typically only have 3 groups of items without it looking incredibly cluttered

What is worse is the name of the movie typically uses of one of those 3 things, so you are left with two.

For example, look at this poster for Edgar Wright - it's got a lot of people on it, and a lot going on, but it really has only 3 elements - The characters in the top, the car scene below, and then the title of the movie. The arrangement of these things guides you along a path to, eventually, reach the name of the movie

Another example would be this poster for Spiderman Homecoming

cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8571017/spider_man_poster.jpg

City, Spidey, and the Date.

>nothing changes
Go away, brainlet

Understood. I'll keep this in mind for the operations. Appreciate it, user.

don't forget that it also eats your loot pack roll/% increase

Ooow no

I bet you queue onto NA servers

C A N C E R
A
N
C
E
R

i AM BAD

>cav mains
at this point im not sure whats worse, cav or echo mains.
then again cav shitters can sometimes be useful while echo shitters are dead weight all the time.

at least change up the bait slightly

Hopefully you will use this to improve because your Dust Line poster looks really, really bad especially in comparison to the minimal work they did for the menu stuff and teasers

If you see how the text is laid out, they don't want it too visual - you get the info, R6, Some Desert Shit with Operators on a Road, and DUST LINE - three things from top to bottom.

Now there are other boxes / designs that may violate the rule of 3, but they typically go to 2 (think Halo 3 box art) vs going to 4.

Good luck. Design is hard. Make sure you make a personal goal between every single piece of content you produce, you spend just as much reading up on design theory from articles, reddit, etc.

>your Dust Line poster looks really, really bad especially in comparison to the minimal work they did for the menu stuff and teasers
>comparing what user did to what paid professionals who do this for a living have done

>same image every time
>if he believes this is actually true then he hasnt seen any decent echo players or decent cav players
3/10 for getting me to reply.

If you don't compare yourself to the best (or even people who just do better than you), how are you going to improve?

It's okay to fail user, as long as you are willing to learn why you failed.

>echo is actually shit
>weeaboos think its bait

>he thinks im that user

>he thinks play japanese operators makes you a weeaboo
>he doesnt know what weeaboo means
>or its just solid bait
5/10 for getting me to reply again, but never again

This is advice that applies to everyone. It doesn't matter who you are or what you are doing.

Good luck in life user, it looks like you need it.

>thinks you should put in max effort to make a dumb poster for a Veeky Forums general and anything short of professional is "failing"
>thinks he has the right to act like a smarmy cunt when he has no concept of priorities
good luck in life you passive aggressive faggot, if you want to look to the best try emulating cobain and fucking shoot yourself

>posted as i hug my hibana bodypillow

nah nigga that ugly horseface ain't going near my daki, that cover is reserved for the USS Iowa

>claims someone has no concept of priorities
>making half assed, low effort content for Veeky Forums without any sense of trying to improve, learn or perfect your craft in the hopes everyone can dickride you is a "priority"

k.

>learn your craft
>photoshop movie posters
it's not my craft, and quit projecting your need for approval onto him
you're not some goddamn guru or master of any craft for giving basic ass advice any given asshat could give

The irony of you trying to educate people on why they shouldn't be educating people is fucking delicious my man.

Go log into Siege and do something productive like placing your rook armor bag down lol

I don't mind "educating"
I get annoyed by assfucks like you who think bit rate advice is fucking golden and then act like you're the smartest fag for it
>haha what a loser, he plays siege in the siege general
feel free to fucking leave then, I'm sure /adv/ will appreciate your "wisdom"

daily reminder that every op is cool

echo isn't cool he's a dork
they probably steel his lunch money before every mission

cooler than youll ever be fuckboy

doc > rook
only shitters would think otherwise

>jager
>cant even understand basic social cues
>cool
yeah,.. no

i unironically agree. didnt rook use to bepart of the meta though?

take a course on understanding numbers lol

There is a Chinese restaurant map? Since when?