/domg/ Dominions General

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-"""progress""" wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin (UPDATED!)
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Previous Pantokrator >>

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!ZrBnyLhR!uMp9EgtYzObhXeHXJGvtxnK0Y9Qka_bOA9JteDanaiI
z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3425
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQvrB13LOtaQVhzNVZ4bmxPNXM/view?usp=sharing
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQvrB13LOtaNkJUUkdsT003Uzg/view?usp=sharing
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Modernizanation
mega.nz/#!cmJ11YoY!181jwkgvcC31iWSO2JUwEOR8AnAj88QEhKKkCIlI3oo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

4.31 rip + crack where? thanks
Theres apparently one based bulgarian who has been cracking this game for a while.

Previous Pantokrator oops

Okay, final version of this shit is up: mega.nz/#!ZrBnyLhR!uMp9EgtYzObhXeHXJGvtxnK0Y9Qka_bOA9JteDanaiI
Submit your pretenders. We'll be starting in 24h+40 minutes.

so domg what is your favorite global?

Celestial Rainbow

The one that overrides your favorite.

ModCombiner is released!

z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=3425

Oh god damn it.

Your game made me do it.

getting backstabbed

hjklyubn

Saw your post in the last thread Agartha, sending you a little bit of gold as a thank you

Come on, don't die. At least shitpost about cracks.

I like plunging the whole world into darkness.

Best global

New version of hindus, changes include:
>Vritra is now cheaper, has fear, can shapeshift properly and has grab and swallow
>conjure maya should be fixed
>host of maya is now Alt 3
>tiger dudes with glaives now have glaives
>tiger dudes with two weapons now have ambidextrous
>asura now have 4 hand slots
>bigger asura now have 6 eyes, 4 hand slots and an extra misc slot
>You now have access to all of the other monkey gods

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQvrB13LOtaQVhzNVZ4bmxPNXM/view?usp=sharing

Didnt mean to quote there.

Same as before but now with less ludicrously under priced mages. drive.google.com/file/d/0BxQvrB13LOtaNkJUUkdsT003Uzg/view?usp=sharing

Don't bully him, he is a better player than you anyway. I don't get why do people shittalk him just for beating me once when obviosly I'm better.

There are only so many notorious elfpickers in this small community and they deserve all the derision, especially for losing to japs.

Whats the story here?

Midgard attacked Jomon and is inexplicably getting pushed back all the way to his cap.

>tfw people told you folded nip steel couldnt cut through giant armour
>raughingsamurai.jpg

This is one example of what happens. The issue is chaos armor not existing for some reason.

This happens for all the units and commanders of the nation, but here are three of them.

If I had to guess I would say that chaos armor doesnt have a #newarmor thing in the DM. Its hard to tell though since its so bunched up.

Who runs a bless on Midgard anyways? Ormr + Einheres is best

Weren't skinshifters considered their best unit? Haven't played Midgard since Dom3 though.

Skinshiters are now terrible, but einheres are good

He means not* terrible, most likely.

They're different units, but einheres are better in general on account of their excellent attack density and damage once they go berserk

They are ok and maybe would be good for other nations but since they compete with einheres they are very meh.

So will there be a new mod for the new hindus or should I submit with the current one?

I'm the hindu guy and I'm going to be playing Sawaiki so probably go with the current one. Unless someone else wants to try them I guess.

If my pretender dies with a curse mark, will he still be cursed when clued back?

I think it depends on how long they stay dead for but they will probably still be cursed.

Ayep. Absoultely nothing including death and reainimation or transformation gets rid of curse

>tfw when I expand into lizards with my awake expander

i once expanded onto an impossible angle first turn with an awake doggo. Horror marked and attacked in the very same turn.

Muuch muuch

How many of these are you getting man? Also what descriptions are you giving this person?

Ulm-chan p lewdly spread over there.

The amount of spikes and the size of pauldrons on those dudes tells me that however made this modnation didn't know or didn't care about the very basics of the intricate Warhammer lore.

What do you mean? I would like to know more.

1. there are no spikes
2. the sprite is not 85% pauldron

The Chaos Warrior models are actually pretty modest, Chosen as well.

Looks pretty close to me.

While the number spikes seems to vary, their pauldrons are still pretty big and the dudes in the Dominions pic don't seem to look as huge as the Warriors of Chaos who are built like Space Marines.

They are a good bit bigger than a regular human.

They still need to be built like bears, Chaos doesn't accept thin champions, they have to be WIDE.

They are roughly twice as wide as barbarians.

WIDER! And put their heads lower, their necks are too long. Maybe this could make them look wide enough.

Nigga if they got any wider they'd start to look like dwarves. They are fine, he chaos warrior shield is bigger than a regular humans body for fuck sake

No, user, loo, clearly, the neck is the key to all this sorcery. Let me demonstrate with the pic related; the only difference between dudes is where their heads are. Those Dominions dudes have absurdly long necks for a Warrior of Chaos, so they don't look authentic enough.

Chaos warriors - the hidamaris of the edgy world?

Is it just me or did the mod nation games llama page disappear?

Looks like every game which was waiting for pretenders was wiped.

LLama isnt receiving turns either.

RIP llama

admins please postpone turns

So what's the plan since tzeentch keeps fucking up?

When a shape changer in human form goes to 0 hp does it revert to its natural form or just dies?

If a monster with two shapes dies in the shape with lower HP, it reverts to the other shape. If the damage is higher than the combined HP of both shapes, it just dies.

thank you

F

Postponed by 12 hours. If Llamaserver issues persist, will postpone another 12.

What happened to llama? I can't even fight "games waiting for pretenders" section.

If this can't be fixed or it's much of an annoyance I'm fine with being kicked out of the game.

llama don't die

>mfw llama is alive again

I still don't see that modnation game though.

What happens is none of my business, and I'm in no real rush. Just want to stay in the loop and make sure I create my pretender under the proper mod .

ded

What are good communion slaves for wa t'ien ch'i, master of the dead or master of the way?

Masters of the Dead are usually busy spamming sacred ancestors.

What a coincidence, I decided to play EA T'ien Chi too, in SP. And I already got a their qt national heroine on the 2nd turn. Too bad it looks like she will be surrounded by sweaty men all the time.

Up again.

Game Page: llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Modernizanation

v6 with fixed Tzeentch Armour:
mega.nz/#!cmJ11YoY!181jwkgvcC31iWSO2JUwEOR8AnAj88QEhKKkCIlI3oo

Submit those pretenders! I'll be extending the deadline to July 25th 1800 GMT.

Any other changes?

No.
Only the .dm is required if you had all the .tga files.

If Nino is your point unit I think people give out free defenses. I only got one last season with Doot on point, but just overnight, for the last few hours I got my only 3 defenses this season.

Treasure Nino.

Alright, I'm letting the thread die then.

Not on my watch you aren't.
TWICEBORN

ime doing anything on Llama while it's having issues, including delays, can have strange and unintended consequences. I'm going to avoid touching anything on the games I'm admining.

It's not having issues anymore.

It only works in your own dominion, but you stepped into mine, pathetic mortal fool!

Are D1 mages useful for anything at all? Can a Revenant do anything other than sitesearch UW for a land nation? I have no idea what to do with the non-undead fucks other than spam Frighten.

D/F can into bane fire darts and corpse candles. D/S can into nether bolts.

Otherwise you can give them each 1 death gems and cast a round of disintegrate, for example.

Dust to Dust is ok against undead.

Frighten or Raise Skeleton is better than nothing.

At least they are more useful than N1.

N1 can swarm. I'd say that's better than anything D1 can do.

>protection

I saw a camazotz repel a moragin champion 3 times doing nothing but cast raise skeleton.

I don't want to spend 50 gems empowering a useless fucker into a lone evospammer tho.

N1 can at least Tangle Vines really early, and a C'tis Empoisoner gets more use out of Swarm than any of its D1 spells if you don't want to put a Skull Staff on it.

Raise skeleton, while not nearly as effective as other skelespam spells, is still nice for putting something on the battlefield. It adds up with enough mages.
With a gem, they can use disintegrate and spirit curse, which are both nice against SCs.
Dust to dust is useful against undead, too.

>empowering
Are you retarded? D1 can cast D2 spells that don't require gems if you spend a gem. Literally read the fucking manual.

>spending a gem to cast a D1F1 or D1S1 spell with a D1 mage

Read the conversation first.

Ghost Grip is like a worse stellar cascades. Still good when massed.

He's obviously talking about disintegrate spam.

And the previous conversation was about Bane Fire Darts and Nether Darts. If I'm at Alteration 8 I have better things to spend Death gems on than spamming a single target NRNegates with a bunch of low level shitters.