If fuel was $100/gallon what would you drive?

If fuel was $100/gallon what would you drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2008/05/make-your-own-e/amp
youtu.be/GqrhDVhcbdU?t=53s
youtube.com/watch?v=M90uV16YgpE
youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

a bullet

Something that could use homemade fuel I can make for a few cents.

This

up to 250cc motorcycle

El Kamina

A Tesla

Some sort of motorcycle, maybe diesel.

I'd still drive my '81 GMC half ton pickup, I'd just be sucking a lot of dick to keep up with that 10mpg life.

Probably an E-bike for commuting. It's only 15 km to my uni. E-bikes are regular bicycles but they have a pedalling assist motor up to 25 kph. Shit's really fucking popular with old people in Netherlandistan if they can't renew their license because they failed their renewal driving test

Some 250cc shitbike for weekend fun

a bus or bicycle

i'm already contemplating doing that already because of insurance at $200/month

fpbp

>insurance at $200/month

Retune car for E85 and buy that DIY refinery from this article

wired.com/2008/05/make-your-own-e/amp

35 gallons of ethanol in a week. That is what, 130 liter? The energy equivalent of 100 liters of gasoline? I'd be fucking set senpai, I'd sell leftovers cash

Myself to suicide. Barring that, an old diesel engine I could easily tune for vegetable oil.

your mom

>cars are cheap because no one can afford gas

Old people on e-bikes are a fucking menace.

>If fuel was $100/gallon what would you drive?
Like most people, it would be a bicycle.

If it was a car, it would be a domestic car since if fuel was $100/gal, that means ocean-going cargo ships became hyper-expensive to run. Any shipped car parts from overseas would be highly expensive.

Electricity would also become very expensive since a lot of the capacity is furnished by natural gas and fuel oil. With the high fuel prices, there would be an even larger number of people on social welfare, so the federal government would be unable to keep subsidies going for Tesla as people see that Tesla uses a lot of charging from fuel-sourced electricity.

A $100/gal fuel cost also translates into the overall cost of living being too high priced for many people. Not only would there be a lot of homeless people, a lot of the "have nots" would be so angry that they might riot or commit crimes against those who still live in homes or have something. You'd probably see a lot more home invasions as people tried to takeover places that had only one person living there. That would allow those criminals to grab the person's financial accounts and drain them too. When the cost of living is so high, feelings of personal guilt don't matter anymore for many people.

gas is almost 10$/gal here so 100 would be nothing. besides i have at least 30 gallon stored with gas stabil in it

Living a life of piracy in a V8

these bicycles can go over 150 mpg (us) averaging 180mpg

youtu.be/GqrhDVhcbdU?t=53s

>If fuel was $100/gallon
Then my wages would reflect that fact.

French fry grease

>If fuel was $100/gallon what would you drive?

Drinking alcohol would be cheaper than gasoline, so I'd have a car that used Everclear.

Bitch I would still drive if my car ran on the blood of handicapped children.

>Kamina
youtube.com/watch?v=M90uV16YgpE

Muh insurance is 500€ a year and I live in a shithole of Slovenia

>gas is really expensive here so if it was over 10 times that it wouldn't be a big deal
???

Made by the current Finnish prime minister, Juha Sipilä, about a decade ago.

i would drive my evo because it can run on E85

This. Wonder if anyone's swapped an sd22 into a z yet?

An electric car

Only uses 1.6L/100km, the newer fuel injected ones are about 1.35L/100km

youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

>Wonder if anyone's swapped an sd22 into a z yet?

I hope not. Enough Zs get ruined with the stancefad and drift kiddies. Putting an SD22 in one would be the most retarded swap of all time. NA diesels are fucking farm equipment, why on earth would you put one in a sports car?

Because gas is suddenly $100 a gallon?

You said
>Wonder if anyone's swapped an sd22 into a z yet?
that's not anything to do with the hypothetical because it's past tense

Public transport, bikes and bicycles are shit tier options for me. So i would convert gasoline car to wood gas or grow rapeseed for a diesel.

Yeah a horse is a fair bit more stylish than everything in this thread so far, and more fun too.

Good man.

A horse.

I've never laughed this hard in my life

When considering woodgas cars maybe, politics fuck no, but no more of that as Veeky Forums is not /pol/.

tankers use bunker, not gas.

Alternatively, business and workers might adjust to most people using bikes over distances of 20 miles or more. If oil prices shot up that high, we might see a much needed investment in nuclear power.

As for housing, there are already more houses than people. There would be a lot more squatters, for sure. Many people wouldn't be able to get to work, but most of them would be old or fat and thus not very good at rioting. Demand for able bodied workers would spike drastically.

The problem will be with those too fat to ride bikes or walk a mile or so while using the (new! Electric!) bus. They can still break in and will at first (although they'll be easy to catch assuming cops at least have motorcycles).

Eventually things will normalize to people trading into houses closer to their jobs, and those who can afford it buying electric cars.

Other effects: recycling plastic and everything else gets easier because its expensive now. Paper, wood, metal, and glass make a comeback.

There will be massive increase in disorder for a few years though. And if the places going out of business trigger a financial collapse the government won't be able to afford welfare (or those nuclear plants) and riots will occur anyway. Assuming no foreign actors try to take advantage of your country it could come out stronger than ever (if a bit depopulated) as long as the people who couldn't adapt are dealt with somehow.

>not using the LD28 that already swaps right over

Didn't know that existed. Nice.

diesel motorbike

Yeah though most try finding them just for the crank.

>swap prius engine into my FB rx7
>gain 35hp

> if gas was 10x the amount I'm paying now, it wouldn't be that big a deal
How delusional are you, going from $150 to $1,500 is massive

i'll just be a retarded cycle fag again.

>Meh this 1000% increase on this item is no big deal because it is already expensive

>I have a small quantity that doesn't really get anyone or anything that far but I think it is a lot

You must be fucking British

stay mad poorfags

Exactly what I'm driving now, my Fit EV.