Why does this car trigger Veeky Forums posters so much?

Why does this car trigger Veeky Forums posters so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShhLFEw-Trs
youtu.be/zON4bWsl2Ek
youtu.be/-r0vEHLPWN0
youtu.be/D5WorCew850
youtu.be/qA2P0tiQJdM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cause its not a
>BMW
>Mercedes
>Toyota
>Honda
Which are the only brands its cool to like apparently

They cant afford it.

Because italiniggers get overly defensive and get triggered easily when someone insults their cars

I've driven one. Nothing very impressive. It looks unique, the interior layout for is simple and easy to use but is ruined by the fake leather textured dash and door panels. Its also automatic only in the US so it's boring and I would never buy it.

This.
Same with french niggers and their alpine 4 cyl autotragic piece of shit they keep shilling here

umm that's not the 2018 Kia Stinger GT

The only thing that triggers me about this car is how it manages to simultaneously flawless and a V6
How did they do it

No one's triggered, they're laughing

I think alfas are sexy ass fuck

>fake leather textured dash

Curiously, if you upgrade to the pack lusso (read: Poltrona Frau leather interior) the dashboard and the door panels will also be covered in REAL leather unlike the leatherette used by every single of its competitors for such areas.

That fake leather dash is what you jerk off on a daily basis about german cars, they're literally your precious "muh soft plastics".

>(you)

I meant Veeky Forums

How about they make it good in the first place instead of making you pay more to cover it.

It was like really bad. Reminded me of my 2014 Cadillac CTS-V dash.

Idk, this is the first complaint I read about that honestly.

I too don't find it beautiful but it indeed is pleasant to the touch, I guess this is the most important thing for the normie customer that also loves every kind of glued tablet sat navs and shit

>Waah leather-wrapped dash isn't standard
Merc and BMW don't have it as standard either.
It's a car that starts at $38k, you expect it to have something like that as standard?
Also who the fuck cares if there's leather on the dash or not? If you want it so badly don't buy a base model, buy a Lusso like in .

would you rather have a base model giulia or a kia stinger?

I'd rather kill myself.

I didn't say make leather wrapped standard. The very point of wrapping means you're hiding shit. I absolutely hate the texture. It's like reptile scales.

The infotainment was pretty good. Big wide screen, not a cheesy tablet look like Mercedes does. Again all this is pointless because it's soul crushing autotragic.

>forgetting Mazda
>>>/newfagswamp/

Scat Pack R/T Challenger

>Again all this is pointless because it's soul crushing autotragic.
At this point I think the only premium brand that sells manuals in any decent numbers in North America is Porsche.
Even if a manual was offered, you probably wouldn't be able to get one unless you specifically ordered a manual from a dealer. Dealers aren't going to risk a car sitting around on the lot just because it's a stick.

25% of M3's and 50% of M2's are sold as Manuals in the US while there are no manual M3/4 offered in Europe.
Alfa dropped the ball with not offering a manual in the U.S.

>while there are no manual M3/4 offered in Europe

No user what I pointed out was that Mercedes and bmw (and Audi) when they wrap said parts in "leather" that means they're using leatherette/faux leather, even if you have the luxury interior. I didn't say this must be standard, just saying that in Alfa Romeo when you order a full leather interior you get a full leather interior of the same high grade of the one covering the seats...not 60% leather and 40% cheap vinyl shit.

It's not that in Alfa Romeo they're retarded as many of you think, it's that they don't have money to waste, since they're in the middle of a 8 billion worth brand renovation, so they dropped the manual in the USA and RHD markets because the homologation costs are too high to be covered so they're not justified.

BMW sells many cars and have way more money so they can invest in this kind of things even if they lose money, and probably they didn't because they sell considerably more than a brand that has come back in USA and literally only enthusiasts knew it.

>the more you know

Sorry for the fucked up English but it's 4:30 AM here and I'm drunk

It was shilled incredibly hard at its introduction and now nobody remembers it

Every car mag out there was talking about how great it was, when they could actually get it to start without throwing codes or going into limp mode, which was almost never

>Be car brand
>Brand themselves as a car enthusiast brand
>Won't sell the car enthusiast transmission

That makes zero sense

Apple is the most memed and overrated smartphone producer in the market, the iPhone is constantly referred as the benchmark in this market, every review shills about the incredible and unrivalled features of this phone and how the camera is amazing and the absolute perfection available today, even at the time when the iPhone camera main rival was the ones found in the Nokia lumia 1020 and 808 pureview that were the undisputed queens.

In the automotive market Apple is, for different reasons, Audi and BMW. The first one is considered the perfection, no matter their cars are getting more and more cheaper generation after generation, for some (((reason))) every single panel in that car is a Leonardo Da Vinci tier masterpiece while BMW has been memed as the ultimate machine capable of achieving the impossible when it comes to driving pleasure, no matter how shitty their driving feel has became lately with artificial and unresponsive steering and suspension setups so harsh it feels you're driving on literal diamonds.

With these premises, how can you possibly think a brand like Alfa Romeo that is plagued with reliability memes and for the fact that is part of the FCA family can be a successful rival to said companies who lives on marketing and brainwashing their customer base?

Everybody keeps reminding you of the glorious (???) racing pedigree of Audi when they are mainly famous for the Sport Quattro group B rally car (that has been BTFO by Lancia-Abarth btw) and hill climb/pikes peak cars which have literally nothing to do with rebadged VW cars they're today and before and the same goes for BMW which has indeed a glorious past but they uses that to giustifiy selling you every kind of shit included fwd minivans and mediocre models that needs thousand dollars of upgrades and optionals to become acceptable to drive (yes I'm talking about the three fucking grades of steering from standard to adaptive to sport adaptive and M sport one).

CONT

Meanwhile Alfa Romeo has the most prestigious history and pedigree out of all brands ever existed and they actually were famous for producing luxury cars in the past, so why literally only enthusiasts know this and respect this brand?

The reason is very simple, because unlike the Germans the Italians in fiat before and FCA today are utterly incompetent when it comes to marketing, they're so naive they thinks in this world you just need to have a top notch product and it will sell like hot cakes only because you know it's good and it's technically and mechanically the most advanced car in its segment.

WRONG

You need to spend money and Jew your product like if it was no tomorrow, no matter how good or bad it is, people don't know of your existence and you have to create the need of an Alfa Romeo in their heads an lives.

This has to be done before everything else because as I said, in lord's year 2017, you can enter a saturated market without marketing the shit out of your product.

If it's Alfa Romeo for the USA then it could be Lexus for Europe, on a different proportion.

You have to drill into the front bumper to fit the licence plate.

so much this

>no manual in RHD land

explains why I couldn't find one on the Alfa UK website, really put me off them

>attacks BMW for building FWD minivans
>somehow forgets that Alfa has been producing nothing but rebadged fwd fiats for the past 3 decades

>be BMW
>build your entire brand around being RWD
>make a FWD minivan and hatchback (1 series)
>surprised when people don't like it

>be alfa
>build your brand around building nice looking cars
>still make nice looking cars
>everyone moves on with their life as normal

Bit of a retarded comparison lad, I'd recommend putting a gun in your mouth.

>make a FWD minivan and hatchback (1 series)
>surprised when people don't like it

Except its one of their most sold cars in Europe and they perfectly know its not gonna be taken well from die-hard BMW fans. They werent surprised at all. They released it as a counter to the Merc B klass and it did well in this niche.

Not really important why they did it, but that and the fact the new M5 is AWD signals BMW is dead as a brand.

>1 series is FWD
>BMW minivan

Are you trolling? I agree with you but you might not be all there

What are you talking about?

The BMW 2 series MPV (called the gran tourer) has been a thing for years, Google it. The next 1 series will be based on the Mini platform, BMW have already confirmed this much, it's coming in 2018. It'll have a transverse mounted engine and be FWD, other than the M1xx version which will probably be AWD, will still have a shitty 4 cylinder engine though, proof here, listen:

youtube.com/watch?v=ShhLFEw-Trs

If a BMW doesn't have RWD and at least 6 cylinders, it isn't a BMW, the brand is dead.

Alfa Romeo (read Fiat) has nothing to be ashamed for producing the best FWD handlers on the market. They still were among the best in the wrong wheel drive league, This has also been recognised by the German themselves when they (auto und motorsport) said the 159 handled better than a 3 series.

youtu.be/zON4bWsl2Ek

The same goes for the Giulietta, probably one of the best FWD cars on the market when it comes to driving pleasure.

is it fwd? That's reason enough to hate any car that isn't a classic mini.

Fwd?! Are you insane?

How is it insane to ask if a company that has turned out nothing but fwd trash for decades has made another fwd?

>Thinks the Mini is the classic fwd

Nice strawman faggot. I never said that but one could definitely argue that. There are few cars more suited to fwd than the classic mini.

No car other than a Mini ever used the Mini's approach to FWD, for good reason.

Fundamentally the fwd platform is about cutting. Cutting cost, cutting weight. cutting "wasted" space. the classic mini takes that philosophy to the extreme with the methods available at the time.

Alfa, Porsche and Benz build awd and 4 cylinder cars too, name one "alive" brand stupid retard.

I wouldn't disagree with any of that but there have been plenty of good handling FWD cars, the Mini isn't one of them.

Any good handling fwd car would have handled better if it was rwd so you're barking up the wrong tree. Handling is not the defining characteristic or goal of fwd.

who is this cheeky chick

So you're saying that the Euro fwd touring cars which had no problem competing with and beating the rwd touring cars would have absolutely destroyed them had they been rwd?

The most victorious touring cars are all RWD.

As with all popular motorsport series the rules were structured in such a way to make the underdogs more competitive and sometimes they overdo it. 300hp cars on slicks reduces the fwd handicap to the point where their lower weight makes up for their handling deficiencies.

At any rate a fwd car always needs to run more tire and change them more frequently

>implying

...aaand then there's Alfa Romeo.

youtu.be/-r0vEHLPWN0

youtu.be/D5WorCew850

Fwd monster BTFOing an Audi Quattro AWD on a very wet track.

spbp

Funnily enough they're not but is correct, the series are designed so the cars are competitive.
The point remains, outside of very competent RWD chassis, there's fuck all between the average rwd and fwd car.

Last one, a hot qualification lap ended in a pole position.

youtu.be/qA2P0tiQJdM

Absolute mad man and car

>there's fuck all between the average rwd and fwd car.
But that's wrong. A rwd car goes with the flow of physics (weight transfers onto the driven wheels under acceleration) while a fwd is always fighting them.

In theory it's wrong, in practice it's how shit goes down. Once you get to high horsepower applications, weight transfer becomes critical and it's not even a close comparison but I'll reiterate, in the average car, there's fuck all in it.

I'm not arguing that Alfa didn't ever win but read again: the MOST victorious touring cars were RWD.

They weren't though, the large majority of winners of say the BTCC are fwd

BTCC competitors mostly use FWD cars of course fwd cars will be the winners.

Granted, although BMW ran an E36 for most of it's life to little success, a chassis which is widely regarded as a capable one.

Rule shenanigans. Nobody wants to watch a series where the e36 curb stomps everything. In reality a track prepped e36 should comfortably walk away from a fwd with similar displacement and tire.

because Veeky Forums is full of poorfags

Nice read but M3 still is objectively the best drivers car.
Less weight, has a proper DCT or manual, better cornering abilities.

Oh and M3 costs almost $10k less too

BMW works pretty hard in the US, in Aus the M3 comp pack(the one that keeps up with the QV) is more expensive.

Even if you opt out for the ''slow'' M3 it's still a lighter, more balanced driver's car than the Alfa.

>Speaking from experience

>I know better than literally everyone that drove both cars professionally
l m a o

According to Chris Harris and almost every other reviewer on earth.

Why does this face trigger Veeky Forums so much?

BEcause traps are gay.

Since xer posted xer titties, I'm ok with that.

>don't ask for sauce because the thread has been deleted

are you saying the quad has fake leather? mine doesnt...and its not an option its standard on the quad

>implying archives dont exist

Its basically a bigger compact/midsized dodge.

>4.5k red line
Did they make a diesel version?

Good luck finding it then.

;(

/thread

Alfafa Romeo's aren't even expensive. A Giulia is only like $40k.

The only trim that matters is north of 80k you retard.

>The only trim that matters

This is a very nice opinion user.

>Brake by wire

No thanks

>I have never driven nor seen the car but I already know it's shit: the post

>no connection between the brake pedal and the brakes
>not bad
Umm, what? Do you need to pick up a dog turd and eat it to know it tastes bad?

Fuck off Alfa shill.

>I have never driven nor seen the car but I already know it's omg so amazing like for real this time u guise: the post

You know it's true.

>You know it's true.

No it isn't and you're full of shit since the product is Italian.

Every single Giulia is developed starting from the Quadrifoglio trim, so even the entry level egine sits in a noble car, the mechanics are the best that is offered in the segment and so is the steering. The suspension are top notch too and are very comfortable, they aren't the usual german rough shit where stiffer and uncomfortable = sportier.

Also every single Giulia but the Quadrifoglio is very light compared to the german competitor.

But of course saying this equals being a shill for your cancerous logic.

Yep, a new episode is airing right now.

God damn. Your posts read like an alfa catalog and you literally don't own one, have never driven one, and likely have never even seen one in person. You are a shill. And not even a good one like our resident kia retard.

[BMW FANGIRL CRY INTENSIFIES]

>worse than a Passat

Fucking kek

The picture is right there dumbass

He's talking about the grain of the soft touch plastic on the higher dashboard.

I agree with him that it's not particularly pleasant to look at, even if it's soft like the same part on an Audi, and it comes like this as standard.

If you buy the optional pack lusso (luxury pack) it gets covered, among with door panels and seats, with full grain Italian leather.