Someone steals your antenna

>someone steals your antenna
mfw

>stealing peoples antennas
mfw

>someone bends your antenna

>they replaced long wire antennas for these shark fin antennas
Why the fuck cant the car itself be a fucking antenna and just get rid of antennas all together?
>you are now aware the antenna on the silverado is off center over the drive and you will notice it every time you see a silverado.

caN'T UNSEe

I used to have a saab 900. One of the 80's one's with the fishbowl windscreen and huge ramraider bumpers.
The other thing it had which was quite a novelty at the time, was an automatically retractable antenna. When you turned the radio on it extended, and when you turned it (or the ignition) off it retracted. The thing about it was, even when fully retracted the antenna stood straight up from the rear quarter panel by about 4".
And one day someone decided this was obviously an invitation to remove it.
They pulled the antenna out, snapped it off, and left the plastic ratchet rack stuck out of the hole curled round on the paintworks like an oily pigs tail.

Never found out who did it.
Ended up hacksawing the rack off and pulling the wires to solder them to the bodywork because I couldn't be arsed finding a replacement.
>Why the fuck cant the car itself be a fucking antenna
It can. It's a huge metal conductive thing.

>mfw someone steals my antenna
>mfw it doesn't really matter because there is no longer any radio transmissions that the antenna can pick up

If you actually look at that photo you'll see the black long-wire antenna on the passenger fender. The sharkfin antenna is for On Star and SiriusXM. The G-vans (Express and Savanna) only have the wire antenna on the fender. The SUVs and Pick-ups are the only GM vehicles that have the offset sharkfin, everything else has a center mounted plastic antenna just above the rear windshield that does everything, and the Corvettes and Camaros have centered sharkfins.

FM radio in Nordic land?

How does he keep getting away with it?

>not having a fully retractable antenna
when im not using mine my car puts it away

>tfw the antenna was a shitty cracked moss covered one that only barely picked up a signal
I wouldn't even have somebody pay me to have it back

>Why the fuck cant the car itself be a fucking antenna and just get rid of antennas all together?
>It can. It's a huge metal conductive thing.

Stop pretending you know about shit you don't.

If you use a car as an antenna, you'll have a piss poor time receiving a whole lot of signals on your radio. There is a reason you have an antenna. There is a reason they're all so similar in size and shape. You can't just use any random conductive thing as an antenna for the entire RF range, you stupid fucks.

Yup

No issue for me personally. I use the phone or USB-stick mostly, and the DAB-radio works excellently for me in all ways whenever I actually do use it... still, reception and quality is very poor for a lot of folks

>someone steals the H off your Honda

But user that silverado still has the wire antenna

Some vehicles have the antenna integrated in one of the roof supports. I know the Range Rover Classic did.

>tfw radio antenna built into windshield so no ugly external anywhere on the car

>antenna is the rear windshield defroster wires

>tfw your 30 year old auto-retracting antenna still works
heh better luck next time my melanin-enriched friend

>tfw I have no antenna to steal

I can't wait to get a new car so I can just play my home-synced library of music on phone bluetooth through the car stereo.