Britbongs advice would be appricated

Britbongs advice would be appricated.

Going to move to England in a month for a job, would it be financially possible to import my Crown Vic PI? Or would I have to dump thousands into getting it modified for whatever standards England requires?

Other urls found in this thread:

carandclassic.co.uk/car/C942599
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm American so wouldn't know the rules but driving that will be a huge pain. Steering is on the wrong side, gas is $10 a gallon, twice as long as a large British car. That being said, if you can manage, it'll get you more attention than achmed and his Ferrari.

You can but fuel is far more expensive, roads are very tight, you'll be sitting on the wrong side of the car and annual registration/inspection will be a nightmare. Plus local used cars are dirt cheap, especially land barges. Get a Volvo 960.

3k euro civic

it would be too wide to drive around feasibly desu. I saw one in Croatia and it was really huge in comparison to literally everything else on the road, as if someone fucked up the scale on a video game model.

I figured it is going to be a mega pain in the ass to maneuver and find parking in Brixton. I have a family member that can take over the car if needed but shit, I just love it too much to leave it behind.

>Brixton
I wouldn't bother unless you're going to be driving out of town a lot. Finding parking anywhere in London is a nightmare.

Never seen a crown vic in the UK but there are one or two floating around
carandclassic.co.uk/car/C942599

>carandclassic.co.uk/car/C942599
Definitely not in bad shape, I guess $6k USD would be the price I'd have to pay for a 95 already setup to be re registered.

But honestly I think I'll just pass it off to a family member if gas is going to be that pricey and parking is next to impossible. I'd probably settle on an old 60's bug or something to put around in.

>Or would I have to dump thousands into getting it modified for whatever standards England requires?
LMAO. You might need to get it fixed if it's broken but that's it.

Get Twingo

Get a 2005-2012 Citroen C6. Euro land barge

Use the occasion and get some JDM. There's tons of it in the UK on account of legal import and steering wheels on the same side as in Japan.

You need to change the rear turn signals to amber (by whatever means) and fit a red fog light.

It's not always enforced but it's the law.

Damn I'll be making some sacrifices. Honestly I wouldn't mind owning an old Rover SD1 V8.

As for JDM I wouldn't mind a silvia but I would want to look for a Nissan hardbody instead.

>That 2nd gen taurus and prelude in the back
Do want

Twingo 1 never officially made it to the UK, and is also LHD-only.

Possible? Yes. Practical, sensible, or viable? No.

Also, it'll have to meet MOT standards, so you'll have to actually fucking fix it.
And the road tax will be absurd due to the engine displacement, and the fuel is expensive here.

Just buy a fucking focus.

>parking in Brixton
You will not find parking there.

I've seen them on the roads.

>wanna suggest OP to buy something euro exclusive on the occasion
>realize that 80% of euro exclusive cars are made up of horrible Peugeots, Renaults and Vauxhalls

Yeah, people did ship them over.

The hot versions can be pretty fun. Also quirky fucking Citroëns.

>horrible
Old Peugeots, Renaults and Vauxhalls are fantastic fun.

Vauxhalls aren't awful. Just... Not brilliant and kind of boring, unless you get a hot hatch.

For something that isn't in the US and is actually GOOD, try a euro-spec Ford.
Or just buy an old hatchback cheap and thrash it around narrow twisties until you bin it into a ditch, then sell it for scrap (companies will buy your shitbox right out of the ditch), buy another, and repeat.

>Honestly I wouldn't mind owning an old Rover SD1 V8.

Rare as unicorn shit, thus expensive.

i enjoy driving my low powered 2003 corsa up and down hills

wrong

Just bite the bullet, save yourself some dosh and buy a car over here. For about as much as it would cost to get your car shipped over here, there's a great selection of decent cars you could buy.

Tfw in the land of bongs an American car is illegal because of headlight aim and pattern and red rear indicators but a literal sofa, bed, or office desk is perfectly fine. And the speed limit on what is basically a garden path is 60 mph but the largest motorway is only 10mph more.

In britain you can legally drive a garden shed at 60mph on a single track dirt road.

And Americans think they're free.

Are they really that wide?

I haven’t ever seen one. Though I drive an old 60s Land Rover and haven’t had any issues on roads yet. Granted it hasn’t been in the cities yet.

I will say though, fuel is expensive, about £1.18 a litre where I am. It will be even worse in London.

Good fucking luck parking anywhere in London that isn’t outskirts or private parking.

What are you moving over here for? Will you be living in London as well? That’s what’s important to know. It may be that you can keep it as a fun weekend car. My road tax is free and I have a heavily discounted insurance due to classical car status of my landie.
What age is it?

Is that a Thunderbird on the far right in the back? If so I want.

Too wide for most roads, tax should be ok depending on its age (the older the cheaper), depending on your age you will get murdered on insurance.

How practical is it to have the driver set on the left when you're driving on the left side?