Can I daily a muscle car in the winter?

Can I daily a muscle car in the winter?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=txhupce6PoM&t=0s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Plenty of people do

you can drive anything in the winter if you arent retarded

Yes. They're better in the snow than a normie car because of lsd

with snow accumulation like these, get winter tires.

I have a buddy who works in michigan, he said a bunch of people that live there are the types that say "all season tires MEAN ALL SEASONS". so very few of the people on the road actually have snow tires. Since we're both born and raised in canada, snow tires are a totally normal thing.

dusting of snow =/= winter

doesnt matter, you wont put the power to the ground effectively enough in all seasons for it to be dangerous.
my 120hp fiesta gets wheelspin in snow during takeoff

because open differential.

There are actually people on earth still alive that believe all seasons are good in the winter?

They... they're still alive?... and allowed to drive?

Isn't that the American dream?

With the right tires you can daily a muscle car anywhere as long as the roads are somewhat maintained and you won't run into a foot of heavy snow

certainly a mustang maybe occasional problems with something like a corvette with less ground clearance

Micihigan is the wild wild west when it comes to cars. I've never seen so many hoopties on the road in my life. I recall seeing a mid 2000's durango with a fist size hole in the tail gate ahead of me somewhere near Lansing.

In the Vancouver/Greater Vancouver area of British Columbia it's the norm. Usually it's just really rainy here, when it snows it's usually not insanely deep. Get some good WINTER tires and you'll be alright.

very few people in wisconsin change tires for winter

Get winter tires.

youtube.com/watch?v=txhupce6PoM&t=0s

Very few in new england either

Easy there King of the North

My favorite time of year is the first major snowfall or ice storm. I go out driving at night for a bit of fun while laughing at all the all-season wearing Ford, Ram, and GM trucks in the ditch.

It's especially funny when they're rear dualies.

I think the reason for stuff like that working is that snowfall makes traffic slow down considerably anyways, and because the temperatures are never really below freezing you'll very quickly have tracks in the snow or clear roads, which allow all-seasons to have some form of grip

Atleast, this is my hypothesis. I can probably throw a pair of aggresive all-seasons on my Hilux and still get around, but the issue then becomes that I cannot safely keep the speed limit, as I will not have a safe braking distance, I cannot accelerate well from an intersection, the steeper mountain roads will actually be innaccesible, and I will not be able to tow at all

Here in Norway the traffic speed doesn't change from summer to winter. Sure, if the road hasnt been plowed and its a foot of standing snow then you will have to drive slower, but when the roads are clear and you're just on the ice & hard-compacted frozen snow covering the country roads the speeds are still 50mph, just like in the summertime

shut up

>, and because the temperatures are never really below freezing you'll very quickly have tracks in the snow or clear roads, which allow all-seasons to have some form of grip

>never really below freezing
>Wisconsin
>new england

shut the fuck up eurofuck. Stop trying to pretend to know everything. At least google before you spout misinformation.
I actually took the time to look it up, and Wisconsin and Vermont have near identical yearly weather patterns and temperatures. You don't have to hypothesize anything, dweeb fuck.

After working at a dealership for many years, driving brand new cars in the snow compared to cars with older winter tires, i've seen first hand the difference between older winters or brand new all seasons.

All seasons are ok if its just straight cold, but when its cold and wet the all seasons will slip and slide. It gets progressively worse when theres snow. Add 6+ inches of accumulation, a lot of people in all seasons will still try going to work/school but they'll be going fucking 15 in a 45 zone, shit like that. Nothing more frustrating than being stuck behind Mr. Dipshit who's doing 18 in a 50 zone not realizing how much he's fucking up traffic.

tl;dr if it snows where you live, get snow tires

the roads get plowed and salted so there is usually clear tracks at least then traffic goes normal speed, when there is snow and ice on the road you drive slower. temps almost always stays below freezing throughout the northern states. obviously us car guys would rather see snow tires and no salt.

>tl;dr if it snows where you live, get snow tires
No.

Go mail tear stained letters to your state representatives to force anyone to do shit or to relabel all season tires.

Until then I'm still going to do 10 in a 40 because fuck you.

i went through 4 ohio winters on all-seasons in cars that weighed less than 3000 pounds

Good thing i live in Canada. I was converting to MPH and inches mostly for your sake anyway.

Speaking of Canada, Quebec made it mandatory to have snows. from X to Y date. Nov till March something.

>tfw driving 20 in a 45 because bald front all seasons

Stfu retard

I bought a 5.0 Mustand GT and am doing just fine in the Scottish Highlands with all season tyres. No more difficult than my Mondeo or my previous BMWs and Audis.

>Speaking of Canada, Quebec made it mandatory to have snows. from X to Y date. Nov till March something.
For which I'm sure winter tire manufacturers are forever grateful for FORCING you to buy their product. Raise their prices, doesn't matter, you have to purchase their overpriced good or you break the law.

You got kiked by your government, son.

i would just get a second set of steelies with snow tires and swap them in n out seasonally.

*insert socialized medicine joke*
If you had any sort of reasonable reading comprehension, you would have been able to assume that i didn't actually reside in Quebec.

Easy now, dont pop a bloodvessel

I realise I should've specified more and say that this was a general hypothesis for the US, which is kinda stupid with its sheer size and diverse climate.

So what does happen to the speeds during winter? Do you guys keep the same speeds all year around through snowfalls, roads covered in ice or?

How cold? I remember them testing a Michelin all-season tire and a Goodyear all-season tire, comparing them to winter tires, ranging from cheap Linglong to expensive Continental and Nokian. Braking distance on snow was easily double compared to the cheap Linglong, and nearly four times the braking distance on ice that the studless Nokians offered

For our conditions they're not safe. You will not have good enough braking distance to keep the speed limit and also be able to stop at a reasonable distance

Its kinda what they do here in my hometown. The main road leading through and the main mountain road going to the cabins gets salted due to emergency services, semi trailers and loads of tourists coming. Other than that the roads just get plowed and scraped, leaving behind a solid surface of ice/hard packed snow. Gritting is common on the most steep parts of the road system, or on very early winter days where you might have had two week of snow and sub-zero tempoeratures, and then get rain ontop of that, creating the shittiest surface known to man

not really, maybe you should get some WRITING comprehension

>

max of -15c or so driving on all seasons on dry pavement.

I wouldnt drive at much more than normal speeds granted. No wheel spin or excessive braking distance, but i was just putting gas in cars at the time.

So you guys actually have dry pavement at those temperatures? Damn

Michelin all seasons on main roads:
Going the speed limit and breaking early is perfectly fine, even on turns.

Back roads where summer tires fear to tread:
You will slide nearly every turn. Still manageable if you go real slow on turns and curves. At least the straightaways are still fine.

I live and worked in the city. Snow plows would get the majority of it, and the rest would be melted by either that salt shit they spray on the roads or the sun.

Then I see, it becomes like the inner cities and southernmost coastal regions here

What about further out into the countryside, where you perhaps dont have heavy plowing & salting?

>snows
>major roads cleared and salted almost immediately

I have my dirt bikes stored at my cousin's place up in the country where they have so-so snow clearing at best. In the winter i dont even go up there, my car isnt lowered but factory height is low enough to get beached on the amount of snow that is common up north.

That photo reminds me of what we sometimes do at my workplace if we have two feet of snow at night and we need to clear the main slopes quickly

>and salted
bodyrot of peace

A cheap set of snow tires is no more expensive then a cheap set of summer tires, ~400$ to 500$, I remember getting a set 5 years ago for 320$ from walmart on special, about 250$ USD, and they where more then adequate, I was pleasantly surprised.

>You got kiked by your government, son.
We have many pros and cons, like cheap electricity and cheap car insurance, and high taxes. No better, no worse then living anywhere else in North America, we have it nice here.

Yes.

This was the tail end of the winter. We has a couple storms that were 3-4ft of snow. All I did was buy a couple of winter tires.

Fuckin faggot eurocuck

your rt isnt a muscle car, try harder

Doesn't an R/T have the 5.7 hemi? if so, yes it is

Wouldn’t recommend it. When I was younger I had some “muscle” cars and couldn’t drive them too often in the winter. Once I got older I got into a nice S4/Range Rover and it was definitely the right choice.

“Muscle” cars were
SHM 96 Cobra
2000 FBO/G5X3 Z28
2003 stage 3 roush

by this same logic you would also consider a ram 1500 a muscle car. try harder?

Fellow 604 user here.
I remember laughing at all the econoshits driving like 10kph in the snow last year, while having A/Ts on my F150. Then I slid halfway through an intersection on an old yellow. Good times.

That not even a r/t its a base model

All season aren't to bad in the snow, they are ]uselss in slush/ice. Even in slush/ice getting going isnt an issue stopping is a bit of one.

I DD a Charger and have no issues in the wintertime with RWD and snowtires.

>9 gorillion torque with that outrageous splitter
Put studded tires on this and it'd make a good snowplow

I remember this guy. He's the one who took a wrecked r/t and swapped over the bits he needed for his sxt.

The charger and challengers are the only two modern muscle cars besides the Chevy ss/Pontiac g8. Get over it.

Wow. You live here and drive around in a 5.0?
Probably coolest dude in the county.