Based shitbox interior thread

starting with a personal favorite

S P A R T A N

I wish more non poointheloo shitbox interiors came this. I don't need the shittiyness sugar coated in fake leather and shiny plastic just give it to me, I can take it.

Old fords have such a nice interior.

I don't think you, or Veeky Forums in general, knows what shitboxes are.

how is a crown vic not one of the shitbox of shitboxes?

V70s are nice cars. I own 2

>p2 R
>shitbox
pick one

Evo X

why are volvo interiors so neat?

its literally 100% hard plastic, its horrible

>why are volvo interiors so boring?
ftfy

wrong

It's not anything special but I love it.

nah, cherish that bad boy. something about early 90s-older hondas that gets me off. they don't look fancy on the outside but they feel so nice.

you probably like boiracer honda interiors with red stitching and piano black plastic. no taste faggot

>Evo X
>Autotragic

Fuck no, older EVOs are best EVOs

Something about saab is so streamlined, it's probably so natural feeling to use.

lmao the dash looks like it's made from old recycled Xboxes

Yep buttons, especially buttons which wrap around and point to the driver are so much fucking superior to the universal touchscreens which are cheap to produce and require nothing to switch from RHD to LHD but are terribad to use at all times.
Also SAAB soundsystems from the 90's/00's were hard to beat for the cars price.

As a non Murrican that looks like Murrica the car to me, you're welcome to it desu.

>mfw I almost bought a regular non-Evo Lancer to be my DD shitbox

holy fuck I was so close to doing something so dumb

Why? Other than being boring as fuck there's fuck all wrong with them.

Their quality control isn't the best, and for the same price literally everything else in the price bracket is a better buy.

Also
>CVT

>Automatic ever
So what makes a Corolla a better buy?

Parts availability and a much better dealer network, as well as higher resale value. The Impreza and Mazda3 are better competitors in my eyes, though. They at least don't have a platform that's ten years old with zero improvments at this point. Don't get me wrong, the Lancer is an average car, but it's rental-tier. There's no real reason to buy one new.

Actually wait, just remembered that Lancer has the worst fuel economy in the compact class. It's an old car with an old engine.

benz shitbox guts a best

Depends what you're looking for, the Lancer is an old platform but that comes with advantages of long term ownership costs, there is nothing about 2010+ cars which is beneficial in terms of longterm maintenance. Also the Lancer has a shitload more grunt than a Corolla for the same price.
The 3 is a great car to drive but things like stop start is going to be a nightmare in an ongoing sense, a hundred starts a day is going to nuke batteries and starters as well as massively increasing alternator load. Also Mazda's NVH idea of putting a flex joint between the crank and flywheel makes dual mass flywheels seem like a good idea.

So yeah if you're the kind of person that buys news and sells once the warranty lapses the Lancer probably doesn't make sense but then where I live neither do the other 3 you mentioned, given that Hyundai/Kia have the best warranty around in that segment.

I eventually decided on a different car class entirely, so I'm not really the best example. I wound up settling on a two year old Taurus. I'm just thinking considering how much I love my Taurus, and how surprisingly well put together it is, how unhappy I would have been in a new Lancer.

>c30
Looks cool but the blower controls are a bit fiddly, I have glance at them instead of muscle memorying it like a champ.

>Shift pattern printed off to the side of shifter instead of on knob
>That slot that you know is for a corded car phone
Top ten cursed images

Yeah I'm sure it looked nice off the line at Dearborn but American interiors just don't hold up for long

best interior, regardless of cloth or leather

>Also SAAB soundsystems from the 90's/00's were hard to beat for the cars price.
Saabs in the 90s we're not all that cheap. My 95 9000cse had a sticker price of 34,000 about the same as an m3. My 92 turbo very 900 was 32,000.

Used saabs are generally a bargain though if you know which ones to buy.

yeah, nice cheap hard plastic everywhere. nice clean lines yes

They were where I live, just checked the CSE and it was about half the price of an M3 here, 70k for the CSE and 140k for the M3.

fuck Tata