Tree of Savior General - /tosg/

Previous Just another week of nothing - edition

>Upcoming changes
In Development: Skill Balance, SummonAI, PvP, Cards treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1047
New Saalus Map youtube.com/watch?v=Yjeuv7J3G3A
Field Bosses Rework youtube.com/watch?v=92RrTQUGbk8
Summon Buffs tos.nexon.com/testserver/notice/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=69
Fishing System youtube.com/watch?v=hJPB7KbPk60
DPK gone treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1032

>Info and details about re-balance
forum.treeofsavior.com/t/ktest-ktos-class-rework-thread-important-info-in-1st-post/354628

>HG 315 Purple Weapons X Practonium Purple Weapons
pastebin.com/78mTQn1Y

>Latest Patch Notes
treeofsavior.com/page/news/?c=3&n=1

>Current events
treeofsavior.com/page/news/?c=33&n=1

>Can I play the game now?
International version available on Steam RIGHT NOW. The Korean and Japanese servers are non-steam (Nexon)

TOS Info: pastebin.com/3YcrrJkd
This includes more detailed information, as well as tools, resources, patch notes and official links

>Addon Manager (includes jTOS and iTOS addons)
github.com/JTosAddon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager/releases

>Database, skill planner and other stuff
DO NOT FOLLOW BUILDS FROM TOSBASE
tos.neet.tv

>Extra Stat Points
pastebin.com/6Y3R7aYt

>Hunting Grounds locations and gear spreadsheet (all in RNG cubes now)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fP4G1JjL2pj6wMfpL_3o9pFWYIKpr3QnYgQ-XTfK21k/pubhtml#

>Servers
- iTOS: Klaipeda (NA) Fedimian(EU) Silute(SA) Telsiai(SEA)

>/tosg/ Guilds info:
There is no /tosg/ guild in Varena, if you want one, either wait for someone to make one or roll a Templar.
If Guild is recruiting, please post in the thread.

>Klaipeda
Futureproof (ApplyAFineHorse3)
cute (Merigolds and Majiene)

>Orsha
Kotatsu (Colyo)

>Telsiai
Comfy (neshoi)

>Fedimian
CoffeeHouse (Capyba)

>Silute
Lewd (Nanaumi)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.treeofsavior.com/u/Juhachi-kin/activity
tos.neet.tv/zones/3090
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21222.153545.1f24314f5a
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2111bbbff.1a213a51657585.1f3f41586185.1a28314a51
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21333888e.15213551.11213f5a7585.1f21315a6175.11315185
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#112226999.23354255.355a657a8a95.4595b5.1f41516a768691a5
i.imgur.com/4hHiJ40.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeah

reminder that you are posting in this general with
forum.treeofsavior.com/u/Juhachi-kin/activity

>"""""patch notes""""""
>plz buy our dlcs
>events ending

>seamonkeys

It can't be helped.
TOSG is literally the only non-dead western community left.

reminder that,
tos.neet.tv/zones/3090
is the so called secret spot

>All those forum posts
Fucking subhuman

This is actually hot.
>002
Where's the rest?

>Since i will give a break from TOS, i would like to make it a public knowledge

you need to be perfectlyu geared for that "secretto spottu" to grant some benefits

this saves the game

Nice general outside of Veeky Forums! I'm sure it'll go over well!

>general
Stop using words you don't understand, newhomo.

WTF did they remove the cat ears chest in Absentia Reservoir? There is no chest in the indicated area

come join comfy! we're glad to help new players :D

yeah logging in, guy from yesterday here, just doing my internet errands first

>secret silver spot
>there has been 3 chap PD bots in each channel for the past few months in all surrounding maps
>""""""""secret""""""""

This. There are no secret spots anymore. Bots are everywhere

>Chap PD

I kid you not, go and check yourself
Even the bots are memes in this game

Kyaanime finally got banned last week.

New here, what's a good hoplite/murmillo build that doesn't use shinobi (can't stand that weeb shit)?

sw>pelt>hop2>rod3>murm
sw>pelt3>hop3>murm
sw3>hop3>x>murm

>still playing tree of shit
>not moving on to Gran Blue Fantasy
I thought you guys liked grindy games, why not play a good one?

Besides the Obvious red gem for manamana, which gems should I socket in in the Main Hand?

>hoplite

greens

you're not new
epic meme btw XD

What classes did you take?

Always red.

Always yellow.

False.

Some truth.

Also post your stat distribution.

>testing and comparing leaked secret spot with Tymeris
>tymeris 30 minutes 355k silvers
>secret spot 30 minutes pic
Tymeris drops gems though

Archer2>Ranger2>Appraiser>SR3
on a mainhand which I don't use?
160 DEX 191 STR

you mean the leaked secret spot or yourpersonal secret spot?

So it actually works...

Magi 2H sword - red gems? Hl3-Barb-Dopel

>on a mainhand which I don't use?
Of course, max attack applies to offhand too.
With Archer2 and Appraiser critrate from gems would be close to irrelevant.

How geared do you need to be to run that?

on a magi reds will probably be better than greens

>1m/hour
lel, is this 2016?

>Of course, max attack applies to offhand too.
Nice. I read somewhere that you were better by slotting 3 yellow gems on Isbality than 3 red gems, dunno if it's true or not

Which klaipeda guild has less erp and faggotry? New player, but this seems like a game that will attract the cancer that Veeky Forums hides. Kind of like ff14.

lemme guess, your afk necro can do 2m an hour right? :^)

Thanks, if I could bother to ask, what should I stat, the information online is confusing due to an apparent rework

Red wins in your case.

If you kick it up to 10k PAtk, Green wins.

Green is the better longhaul option in your case because when you pull it out as a 9* for example and relevel it to 10* it will be useful even at next content, red will only fall off farther and farther.

Lemme teach you some simple math.

Lv7 red: 310 max patk
Lv7 yellow: 470 crit atk

Since your damage varies from min to max atk, the average patk you get from each red gem is half the max atk it gives, i.e.: 155 patk per red gem

3 reds: 465 patk average
3 yellows: 1410 crit atk

crit atk of course only applies when you crit
in the crit formula crit atk applies at 100% of its value and patk applies at 150% of its value, both before skill factors and defense come into play, so in other words:
when you don't crit, red gems give you 465 damage on average and yellows give you 0
when you crit, red gems give you 697.5 damage on average and yellows give you 1410

Assuming you have 50% crit chance, after 4 hits red gems would have given you 465 - 697.5 - 465 - 697.5 damage, while yellows would have given you 0 - 1410 - 0 - 1410
that's 2325 for red gems vs 2820 for yellows

As your crit chance goes up, yellows become even better
Red gems are only worth it if you can't crit, and if you're an archer and can't crit pls kill yourself

also green gems have diminishing returns with blindside, compared to damage gems

all str
or 250 str and whatever you want

It was pre renewal, you're probably just reading outdated shit.

First time playing, I'm having a lot of trouble with a build. Since the OP says not to follow tosbase builds, I've been trying to make a build with absolutely 0 knowledge of the game.

So far this is what I got. tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21222.153545.1f24314f5a

I don't know classes what to add after this but I think I want to end with Warlock. I also don't know how to distribute my stats, do I just dump everything in INT?

>10k
That's not even fucking possible without a +30 weapon.
>planning for r9+
Just stop.

>Not planning your gem that far out and losing all the 1-8 gem exp to swap it to green later on
>????

everything about this game is outdated besides your advices

This.
You shouldn't even transcend your and keep your shards for r9 weapons.

Are healers actually useful? Do tanks have a role? Where can I get build and end-game info. Everything seems outdated

>DR with blindside
???
Blindside crits independently of your normal crit, it's not a +% chance to crit, it's a separate roll.

Did you mean sneak hit?

>2 gems
>lv fucking 10
Nigger what are you doing

What are you NOT doing

The numbers won't be as pronounced with lower tier gems so you just run the numbers on 10s. If you want to run them on lower numbers, have fun, it's not like it's hard, if you want the spreadsheet I'll fucking give it to you just change out some numbers.

but I have 10k patk with gmoles :)

You're just theorycrafting, I've yet to see anyone with a lv 10 gem.
You should make calcs that reflects the game instead you retard, which for the average player mean lv 6~7 gems.

there aren't tanks in this game. Healers are useful and needed. Cryo chronos are the best support in the game.
If you ask for a class or role, I could recommend you a good build for it.

Which again, the same numbers are going to come out on top, the higher number just magnifies it...
but since you got the brain problems, here you go, same thing less prounounced.

Appreciate it. I picked one at random because I had a hard time deciding and it looks like I'll be going mage. Where I go from there I have no idea.

It's almost like theorycrafting leads to what you should actually do.

Let me go play a rainbow build because I don't believe in theorycraft, so how could I ever know that certain builds are good without testing them ingame.

So did the battle system changes go out yet?

>gem amount is still 2
Are you even trying?

Therycrafting from wrong bases leads to wrong conclusions.

So far I've been casually playing and toying around with builds but I want to try out ET. What's the best accepted build that doesn't need to be heavily invested? I'm thinking of CCSage, do you need to be heavily invested transcended practo weapon or you can just go with poor man equips?

>Not having 2 gems at least in your main hand
???

Where is the target's def?

It's already calculated as a Kugheri Lyoni.

ISBALITY HAS 3 GEM SLOTS

Again, that's not going to change

It's going to magnify or lessen the change, but it's not going to make oen surpass the other, only gross levels of crit chance or PAtk are going to do that

if you want to be a DPS mage, you most likely want to go elementalist. It's like a very vanilla mage that was buffed in renewal so it's the best build for damage mage now. If you want to go for it, I suggest something like tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#2111bbbff.1a213a51657585.1f3f41586185.1a28314a51 . I left some points unspent on wizard so you can later choose to max whatever you feel like is most useful. I'd personally max sleep. Some people max lethargy but I don't really know how good it is. The other option is energy bolt which is ok. Also, spend all stat points into int.
If you want to play a support mage, go with cryo 3 chrono 3 sage. It doesn't deal any damage but it's super useful in parties. But I don't recommend going with this as your first build because you won't be able to do anything solo. I left some unspent points in cryo and chrono, max whatever you feel is useful. I personally don't like slow and really like stop for ET, so I'd max stop, but some people like slow. Points in sage don't matter much. This build doesn't require much investment. You also go full con to have more survivability, the rest of the stats don't matter.
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#21333888e.15213551.11213f5a7585.1f21315a6175.11315185
If you want to do ET without spending much then as you said cryo 3 chrono 3 sage is your best option. It barely requires any gear at all cause all you'll do is CC and buff. You don't need a practo weapon or transcendance. Audra is good and maybe you'll want the sage clone attribute to duplicate frost pillar to extend it's duration, but it's not strictly necessary and costs 2m. Other than that the other attributes are cheap, and you just need to wear any armor and go full con

>only gross levels of crit chance or PAtk are going to do that
>didn't even ask that guy's crit rate and physical attack

It's not 10k or he wouldn't be asking these questions so I don't care.

He's not rogue so it's not gross levels of crit chance.

It seems so simple but this gives me some good direction, thank you. I I end up not liking mage gameplay, what do you have for say swordsman?

So in the end Red Green or Yellow gems?
I don't hit for 10k

Always Red

but they just said yellows are better

Are you blind?
No one ever said that

Can I do something like 50/50 INT/CON or would I be absolutely wrecked? Even if I'm cc and buff slave I feel like useless if I only do 0 dmg.

Yellows are NEVER better in realitic situations.

one of the strongest swordsman build right now is highlander 3 barbarian 1 doppel 3, it's a 2h sword build that has high damage output and a lot of skills to spawn, takes more damage and has good scaling potential, needs some investment in attributes but not as much as other builds. The stat distribution should be full str.
tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#112226999.23354255.355a657a8a95.4595b5.1f41516a768691a5
Another strong swordsman build is pelt 1 hop 1 rodel 3 shinobi murmillo. It has really high burst and the highest potential damage in the game, but it requires a lot of investment. I wouldn't recommend this build for starters.
And last, there's also corsair, which I believe is decent but weaker than the 2 previous builds. However, it might be cheaper, I'm not really sure because I haven't personally played the build. Someone here could probably tell you more about it. It uses sword + pistol and can attack really fast. I'm not sure how it performs on a budget but I think it's pretty decent.

>needs some investment in attributes but not as much as other builds
Doppel needs fucking whaling to be effective

you could do it but even if you went full int your damage would be really poor. Don't worry, cryo chronos are really, really useful even without any gear at all. They don't need to deal damage to be useful

Alright, full CON it is. Thanks a lot.

the attributes are not as expensive as other classes like murmillo, and even with a gale slasher or a pevordimas sword I've seen doppels perform really well

In your average auto match dungeon party, your frost pillar alone is going to be worth much more than whatever shitty dps got in.

yeah but without huge investment you're fragile as hell

Obviously, your weapon PAtk is much lower, probaly a Manamana or something.

Go with red.

In the end there's one thing you could have got me on but didn't. I included kneeling crit in there by default. Here's it changed to a variable that's ticked off, much lower crit chance.
(When you consider Appraiser's blindside crit it probably becomes closer to the previous number though)

Red > Yellow > Green

Unless Rogue + 5k+ PAtk, then it's Yellow > Red > Green

When you look at ONE gem (First gem), and PATk 8K+
Green > Red > Yellow

Forgot image.

Don't forget that greens have DR so any calculations with 3 where they won with 1 gem will fall off.

it's a +11 manamana

>I included kneeling crit in there by default
How the fuck should I knew?

Quite the opposite. Since sneak hit is raw crit chance, it'd stack additively to natural crit chance. Since blindside is an independent probability event, it stacks multiplicatively.

Like throwing a die and hoping for a 6. Blindside would be a second die. If you have no crit rate, then it'd be like rolling just blindside's die, i.e.: 1/6 or 16.6% chance of crit. But if you have 33.3% chance to crit, e.g.: you need to roll a 5 or a 6 on your crit die, then when you throw both dice you have an overall 44.3% chance of scoring a crit, not 50%.

As your natural crit chance goes up, blindside's effectiveness goes down linearly.
As your natural crit chance goes up, sneak hit's effectiveness stays constant until the threshold where your natural crit chance + sneak hit's crit chance > 100%, then it goes down linearly.

So while any base crit chance has diminishing returns with blindside, with sneak hit it only happens after your base crit chance is sufficiently high.
Note that I just took 16.6% crit chance from blindside as an example for 6-sided dice, idk it's exact value but it's irrelevant to the math involved. See the graph.

Remember back when you had 100% crit chance if you went full dex and yellow gems were always the best options?
those were easier times

You're the best man. Okay one more if you don't mind. I was looking at cleric and I kind of like the idea of bokor. Is it any good? Having shit fight for you while you buff/debuff sounds kind of fun

Here you go
i.imgur.com/4hHiJ40.png
The way you were responding was like you did all of this already, so I was expecting you to say the crit chance was off.

Yeah I knew it also didn't make sense in your dialogue, but wasn't sure if it's what you meant.
Sneak Hit is really strong if you don't mind giving up Glass Mole at least.

>i.imgur.com/4hHiJ40.png
K, so definitely red