I have a love/hate relationship with the Toyota AE86 and the people (whether its on this board...

I have a love/hate relationship with the Toyota AE86 and the people (whether its on this board, social media or even in real life) who fawn over it for ALL the wrong reasons.

the main reason is that stupid fucking anime, Initial D. I have nothing against anime, Im not into but faggots on here who create threads talking about the characters lives as if they are real are fucking pathetic. People talking about the cars in the shows or posting replicas of Takumi's shitty and overdone tofu 86 whenever talking about the car and it has nothing to do with Initial D.

Fuck that show
Fuck that shitty panda scheme with the japanese letters.
Fuck every faggot who buys an 86 and makes a terrible attempt at replicating it
Fuck the faggots who bitch and complain about the price and think it has to do soley with the shitty anime.
Suck my dick from the back

Other urls found in this thread:

lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/aetoyota-corolla-gts/6401287321.html
seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/1985-toyota-corolla-gts-ae86/6413032096.html
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-corolla-gts-hatchback/6399969812.html
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-toyota-corolla-gt-ae86/6412807182.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/1985-toyota-corolla-gt-ae86/6417089225.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/rhd-ae86/6423345863.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1986-ae86-rhd-levin-hatch/6408722215.html
zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=652618
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32702/why-youll-never-learn-to-be-fast-until-you-get-rid-of-your-fast-car/
youtube.com/watch?v=gSUwI2t7IfY
youtube.com/watch?v=YGGEvim-pxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're not going to find a lot of disagreement here. Cheap hoonbox priced into stupidity. Fanboys, as usual, suck.

keiichi tsuchiya the goat btw

@18368381
cool blog
cool bait

same asfuck op
i love initial D and i think the car is pretty cool but i cant stand the morons that play it up and worship it like its actually as fast as a gtr or an evo.

Im glad. I also hate that people think this car is the "ultimate drift machine" just because some faggot unrealistically drives it perfectly up and own a mountain to eurobeat. When this car is actually better suited to circuit racing.

Also people see someone like keiichi tsuchiya drifting one perfectly while not knowing he has probably driven 50+(guesstimate) ae86's and has owned his personal AE86 for 20+ years and upgrading every part that is the absolute best quality.

thank fuck. like i said, nothing is wrong with enjoying the anime, to each their own. but Im glad someone like you agrees with me. Esp since you actually enjoy the show. The initial d shitposting should stop. but will it ever? Prob not. As much as I bitched ITT, Im going to post AE86's from my Toyota folder.

feel free to join

Also I'd like to say that this car is actually better suited to your typical shitposting weeb.

its sportyish. fwd, has pop ups and way cheaper than an 86.

just watch the video that car is in
tsuchiya will explain for you

I can't find my self disagreeing with anyone here. I also hate than when you say you like it, someone claps back with you only like it because of the anime, when you liked it before you watched that shit, or didn't. (I mean I only watched it the first time myself this year I enjoyed it mostly)

I love its aesthetics, and initial d is good too, but jesus fuck it's an affordable shitbox that can hoon, not supposed to be a meme taxed car treated like it has the performance of a gtr

how do you think I screenshotted it? lol use your brain.

does the ae86 make a great starter drift car? yeah no shit, its lightweight rwd and has plenty of aftermarket support.

That being said Im still right and while a lot of ppl use them as drift cars in japan, there are even more who use them as circuit monsters esp on Tsukuba Circuit.

>affordable

It was easily affordable before it became a meme

they are affordable. if you can't afford a $5k car then you shouldn't be worrying about a silly ae86.

even at $10k its still affordable. way overpriced? yes. But still very affordable, if you aren't legit poorfaggot.

You've got it backwards op

Would you rather watch a reality show about rich housewives?

Or a show about racing and cool cars.

Ae86 is nothing special.

There is plenty of cars that feel similar
Fb rx7
Datsun 510

Initial d is a fucking awesome show, and it helps spread automotive love to younger generations.

Almost no one here knows what they really are like to drive.

Protip ( lower an old Ford ranger 4cyl )
Feels the same, except the ranger has more torque.

Here are a few ae86s for sale in America. None of them are SR-5s because SR-5s are shit.

>$4,500
lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/d/aetoyota-corolla-gts/6401287321.html

>$5,000
seattle.craigslist.org/est/cto/d/1985-toyota-corolla-gts-ae86/6413032096.html

>$5,200
orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-corolla-gts-hatchback/6399969812.html

and now we get into slightly overpriced territory

>$8,999
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1985-toyota-corolla-gt-ae86/6412807182.html

>$11,000
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/d/1985-toyota-corolla-gt-ae86/6417089225.html

and now these last two are legitmate JDM AE86s

>$12,000
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/rhd-ae86/6423345863.html

>$19,500
losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/d/1986-ae86-rhd-levin-hatch/6408722215.html

>Would you rather watch a reality show about rich housewives?
if we are being completely honest? neither. I'd rather watch Hot Version. Im sure you know what that is.

>plenty of cars that feel similar
>FB Rx7
>Datsun 510

Dunno about the datsun but Ive driven an FB Rx7 and it doesnt feel anywhere close to an AE86.

>Almost no one here knows what they really are like to drive.
thats wrong tho I as well as a bunch of other people have driven 86's. They are rare but not THAT rare.

>Protip ( lower an old Ford ranger 4cyl ) Feels the same, except the ranger has more torque.

So you're trolling. Got it.

>implying A lightweit Toyota wouldn't outspeed shit tier pigfat GTRs downhill
lmao at your life

>its all about car and driver has little to do with factor

I know you're shitposting but cmon

dagumi is best so tough titty

k

I've always liked the AW11 more.

nothing wrong with that. AW11 is a great car in its own way.

I was a huge nerd who saw it in Gran turismo and thought it was the coolest thing ever so I always used it as my starter.

good lad. Love the levin. May Allah bless you with one in this lifetime.

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on 4age swapped SR5's? Are they trying to hard to be a meme?

>i watched a russian car crash webm compilation on youtube so now im a eurobeat expert and ae86 is best car ever
these people need to be gassed

Nah, couldn't find a photo of the not-levin. I like the levin but not as much

Good post 2bh

actually its prob the cheapest way to own a proper ae86. especially if you swap it yourself.

seriously.

ah gotcha

thanks fampai

I will say there are a few replicas of Takumi's 86 (pic related) that are spot on or just close enough/clean enough that are genuinely nice to look at. but for the most part this shit is played the fuck out.

>see some black and white rusty ass ute with tofu shop letters on side and pringles can exhaust
>guy driving looks like a fucking faggot
you cant make this shit up

Sweet honda accord

lemme know when a 25yr old Honda Accord has a 3SGE swap and goes for $25k pleighboi

zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=652618

fuk u fuk u
hach rok kakoii

>faggot lists a radiator cap as a mod
>gay ass stickers all over it
>stanced
>3SGE for some reason
>25k
anyone stupid enough to buy this shit shouldnt be allowed to drive
>rx7 front brakes
how and why

Probably means rx7 calipers

you have terrible taste.

Im willing to bet you daily drive an econobox or something much worse than that

if you wanna pay 25 grand for a 30 yr old stanced shitbox be my guest

>FC3S rx7 turbo 2 front brake conversion

probably because its an upgrade from the AE86's front brakes.

>3SGE for some reason
that is a 200hp engine in a car that weighs around 2100lbs.

>stanced
I don't think you know what stanced is, that being said its a car thats used on the track for the most part.

>gay ass stckers
thats your opinion, a bad one but still your opinion.

>Tec-art’s radiator cap
>actually being mad he listed this.

wew I can't imagine being as butthurt as you

>sinking all that shit into a COROLLA
christ

i didn't say I was going to buy it.

its a cool fucking car imo.

@18368892
b8, you spend your money on video games and anime.

>thats your opinion, a bad one but still your opinion
thats no opinion, it looks like shit

>guy who has a boner for weeb car talking about anime

the amount of butthurt intial d watching faggots clogging up this thread is absolutely MADDENING

>my opinion isn't an opinion.

really stimulates the synapses

samefag

>it cant be the fact that multiple people dont like my weeb car
>must be samefag
that denial

you're sounding really butthurt about this

>people are defending drift faggotry
why is there so many youtube refugees here lately?

>drifting didn't exist before 2005
>everyone that drifts in the year 2017 is a youtuber.

you're on the internet too much buddy

im a dwifter leme pul da dwift lever loll haha hektik

reminds me of those limited edition black and gold trim AE86s.

those were sexy as hell

>Fuck the faggots who bitch and complain about the price and think it has to do soley with the shitty anime.
It does. Do you really think it would be worth anywhere as much today if it wasn't for the anime?

it was a popular car long before the anime, why the fuck do you think they even made it

True, but it was the anime that caused the car to explode in popularity. There's a massive difference in price between just a cool old Japanese RWD car and a pop culture icon. I'm pretty sure the AE86 would cost as much as the AW11 if it wasn't for the anime.

>it was the anime that caused the car to explode in popularity.
not really, i cant think of any popular media with a KE70 in it but i hear people love them just as much

plus
>light
>rwd
>toyota reliability and parts availability
>pretty abundant
>engine can be found fucking EVERYWHERE
>good platform
they got popular on their own accord

So what is the best alternative (for daily driving) if you like the look of the AE86 but don't care for the anime?

AE80
AE82
AE92
92 has 4AG if you find a top spec one

>losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/rhd-ae86/6423345863.html
Nice cupholder :^)

You seem awful angry at Initial D for doing its own thing when the people reading or watching it are the ones quote unquote causing you so much grief. You should take a break from the internet for a while.

>graduated highschool
>used skateboard or 200cc motorcycle to get around
>still didn't have a drivers license
>friend showed me initial d
>inspired me to get a license
> saved up cash and started to look for an 86
>found this instead
>best choice I ever made

>quote unquote

based Veeky Forumsggot

Goddamnit I absolutely love this car. Literally everything about it is perfect. The styling, the low power, the simplicity, the RWD and the fact that it's a fucking Toyota Corolla. But I don't give a shit about some stupid fucking anime.
Unfortunaly most people do and literally only buy this piece of junk for shits and giggles, while they can buy infinitely more powerful cars for the same retarded price. And when these disgusting weebs get their fat smelly hands on this shitbox they either mod the fuck out of it because "it doesn't have enough power" or they give it the stupid fucking panda paint job and drive it once a year to a stupid fucking car meet so the children that walk past it can go "oh neat" for a second. These fucking anime figurine cummers probably never even heard of this car before and would've just bough any top-tier JDM car if it weren't for this boring cartoon. They would never bother with some stupid fucking Corolla.

I can easily buy it, but 10k for a small 30 year old japbox is not affordable. Just like 2k for a designer jacket or something is also insane

they would be in R32s or 34s wrapped around poles if initial d didnt exist

>mod the fuck out of it because "it doesn't have enough power"
this shit is so accurate it hurts

That's a cool photo. What car is this?

Celica

see

>I can easily buy it, but 10k for a small 30 year old japbox is not affordable.

either you can afford it or you can't. Im assuming you actually can't and pretending you can afford it.

a $2k designer jacket isn't crazy if you are aware how fashion works. Shit you probably think $200+ for a proper winter jacket is too much. Im not by any means rich I just know the value of things and why some things are valued high.

You're too used to low prices and shit quality.

> if you are aware how fashion works

I own 2 high end clothing stores in my country so please explain to me how fashion works.

The US front end has grown on me over the years DESU.

I was lucky enough to get aboard the 86 train before anyone heard of initial D in the west. Jap import notchback levin it was hands down the best car I've ever owned. I'd get another one but the takumi tax is insane.

You must've made big cash.

I didn't play out the way you think. The levin was ex-rally and all the crash repairs eventually caught up with it. The back and rear quarter panels had been replaced with some shoddy workmanship and the sills had been smashed in and bogged up. I took it off the road and began cutting it up to repair it properly but it was too expensive.

How did Bunta get ahold of a Group A engine?

Group A 4ag aren't magic the specs and build list are public knowledge anybody can build one.

>unrealistically drives it

An autist's father trains his kid from a young age to daily drive a specially prepared shitbox on empty switchbacks in inclement weather.

If you think his driving is a fluke then you probably don't understand what learning even is.

It IS unrealistic. Takumis driving is theoretically possible but highly improbable. To reproduce the driving presented in initial D you'd need to do hundreds of takes and edit all the best corners into a final cut. The probability of any human doing every corner on any given run perfectly is so low it defies belief.

do they go up to 11k?

is gutter run a thing IRL? what about kensei dorifto?

He doesn't do every corner perfectly, he's just consistently better than the people he races against. He's been driving since he was 12, the legal age in glorious nippon is 18.

If you had a legitimate racing engineer preparing your cone dodging car for one course that you ran every day rain/shine/snow/gozirra you would probably be quite good at it.

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a32702/why-youll-never-learn-to-be-fast-until-you-get-rid-of-your-fast-car/

He's a prodigy autist with practically the best support money could buy.

The formula atlantic motors do.

youtube.com/watch?v=gSUwI2t7IfY

it even sounds like dagumis oWo

11k is a conservative limit for a race-only 4ag, atlantics rev higher but don't last as long.

It's probably a thing but it wouldn't occur like it does in the show. To pull if off as shown would probably take dozens of tries.

best hachy rocky coming through

It's probably impossible for a skilled driver to put a car exactly where they want it.
youtube.com/watch?v=YGGEvim-pxU