Truckerfag Thread - /TFG/

>On The Twelfth Day Of Shitposts My Dispatch Gave To Me Edition

Brevious Bread: >44 tonnes of spoiled frozen turkeys
>34 Russian tyres that just smashed through a herd of reindeer
>Sign that lease and I'll put you on the naughty list
>CDL How Do? Private driving school or community college if possible, megas if you are desperate and broke
>Swift: Best Backing Over The Town Square Christmas Tree

>Truckerfag retained the services of the best dentist and anesthetician 2000 Mexican Pesos and a bottle of Kirkland Signature Single Malt Scotch can buy
>EF's brother was forced to eat his codriver to survive a breakdown in the DonnerPass
>Doubles is gonna split some trailers, then later on his wife
>Bepis to begin delivering fine bottled Botswanian spring water
>Cuddly Primefag is secretly The Snuggler;YouTube it
>Primely has relegated all his responsibilities to his trainee, up to and including showering and bathroom duties
>Gundam ordered a sweet new pc case for an ancientboard setup to play mame emulators, Baldur's Gate and the original Rainbow Six
>Oilfag's dastardly outlaw ways are coming to an end

Other urls found in this thread:

originalfootwear.com/collections/safety/products/metro-air-5-sz-safety?variant=4551072514085
ctscargotiedown.com/product/extreme-blue-rubber-tarp-ties
discord.gg/ejeVX36
youtu.be/SBCw4_XgouA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for supersingles a shit

U always steal my first post. May Allah bring darkness upon you

First for coveralls and slip sandals

I tarp and secure loads this way

Non-trucker here. My friend is looking to sign a contract with a company called Prime Inc. to get his CDL and make some money. He claims that if he drives for them one year the CDL training is free and thats the end of the contract. If he leaves before the year is over he has to pay about 4700 back for training. Is he making a good choice with this company? Is it better to avoid any kind of contract? He says they are a much better option than England.

Bruh. Don't make me post graphic foot injuries.

>11/10 bait

872 days and counting until Tesla's self-driving trucks move this circlejerk to r9k.

YOU GIVE ME HIS NAME. BC TRAINING IS MY GAME

The footwear posted in
Is certainly a game. You're making all those trumploons training and can't buy yourself a decent pair of red wings? For shame driver

Pic related

actually a sincere question. my friend has made alot of bad decisions so i want to make sure hes not fucking up again signing a contract instead of just saving cash for his own CDL training

Those red wings are nice I have seen those at a lot of the mills. But flatbedders gotta work quick. I dont want a heavy steel toed shoe. I want maximum traction, flexibility, and speed. Thats why I wear slip sandals from Nike™

>tfw I forgot to pick up my new red wings at the store today
>again
UPS a shit. If you can't move in an 8" steel toe with metatarsal guard, and steel shank, it isn't the boot's fault

I can I just dont want to.

Work smart not hard.

Nike™

He is actually an Eastern European immigrant.

>m'lady
>tips great helm

>Flatbedders have to work quickly
Get a pair of these Blundstone slip on steel toed boots. They're light as a feather, quick to put on and will keep your feet way safer than those middle eastern specials you're using now.

Jej.

i'm about to be a train crewman in wyoming. so i'm looking at redwing loggers as my first boot. Since I need a steel toe, a defined heel, and at least 6 inches high. I also want something water proof and insulated.

having to go with redwings. since i never buy boots i don't try on first, and no one else has insualted steel toe boots in Georgia.

I actually have some but I rly like them and don't want to ruin them.

Two years I've driven super singles.

Not one issue.

Get some style, Uneducation Prime

My dude are those Tom's

More importantly why do your shorts have pin stripes

Those Blundstones I posted are six inches high on the ankle fyi.

I have a pair of these Keen Tacomas that I wear when it's not too muddy out. They are really comfortable.

>Toms and white sport socks
REEEE

They are.

Company issued swat boots, fuck them. I go on docks with them on. Got that LTL privilege.

Fox Shorts, its what gets the lizzards.

If you ain't rockin white socks on anything in this industry, you're just a poser.

>SWAT boots
They got you GSG-9's!?!? Daaang.

>Dad socks
I'm all up on the Costco 12 packs of grey hikers myself.

But toms are for girls how do u even get half ur foot in there

My trucka. I still got the white socks my mommy gave me. Shit never got lost.

Mens size, gotta order online. They don't sell size 14 in stores.

Think it was these

originalfootwear.com/collections/safety/products/metro-air-5-sz-safety?variant=4551072514085

Only pull them out with Sysco or some place get their panties tied up about wearing "sandles"

Fuck off, they're closed toe, not flip flops or anything. Read the sign at the front of the door you fuck.

>Scania

This enrages american truckers.

What are the two reservoirs behind the cab?

flip flops for life nigga

why would any americans be enraged by an ugly looking australian spec coe euro truck?

Cab over

Sure thing truckdog

no americans care about that.

I do when I gotta dock at fucked places in LA.

so buy an argosy.

Overheats on a 5% grade.

>argosy
>freightliner

Mayonnaise and sour cream.

I know it's a troll but it's funny to think Tesla probably won't even be in business this time next year

>Not French dressing and Louisiana style hot sauce
Explain this Australians.

Wow this fucking faggot still blogs here? I'd hoped he'd be dead from aids by now

any of y'all nigs put in the e-logs in yet?

I don't know why everyone's so butthurt abbot the elog thing. It's not the logging method that matters, but the hos themselves that people should be rebelling against. Who cares if it's paper or plastic

They're in the midst of switching our fleet over to them. Should be all done some time next week I would think.

I've got about 2000 miles on mine.

>Only on dry ice. Clay is slick as shit when it gets wet. Salt and pulverized stone work a lot better.

What is the real answer here what do I buy

The latter. More versatile.

Do u mix salt and stone together urself?

I've seen bags of salt and sand premixed together.

Get a bag of salt and a bucket full of pea gravel and mix em into one of those 10ish pound plastic tubs of kitty litter or similar container.

K. Just put it under my bunk or something?

I'm thinking of stopping around 4 or 5 CT. U rdy to help me chain?!?!?!?

Yeah, or bungee it to your cat walk against the back of the sleeper with a rag or something in between as a softener so you don't scrape the paint away, and a bungee across the top so you don't have the lid fly off.

Yeah, I should be around.

I heard bungees don't count as tie downs bc they aren't rated for any weight.

Well, someone better be here bc I am RDY TO GO

>bungee
That might fly in America's hat, but in burgerland that's a ticket.

There are some that have a marked WLL, but they're useless because they're molded polyurethane.

>Doubting me
That's a paddlin'.
I don't mean the cheapo elastic ones.

ctscargotiedown.com/product/extreme-blue-rubber-tarp-ties

mfw the reason my cb wasn't working yesterday was simple as f

Oops forgot pic

>dad is owner-operator
>Has his trucked loaded
>puts giant chain on clutch and steering wheel and unhooks to prevent his shit getting stolen
>this time doesn't check that his trailer is unhooked
>trailer falls
>on of the landing gear legs lands on the curb
>calls me, and we spend 2 hours taking turns lifing the landing gear
>Finally high enough to hook it
>all his cargo shifted to one side so tires were rubbing against the trailer
>had to find a warehouse and pay them to readjust his cargo

you know, even with 20 years of experience, you still can't expect people to not be so retarded

What did you seriously expect from a truck driver?

Yeah, I saw that just after I posted that link. Apparently the regs are the same here in Northern Smugistan.

The only thing we use them on my usual truck for is to tie down three stacked empty 5 gallon buckets.

What is talk back modulation on a cb? It doesn't seem to do anything.

Supposed to let you monitor yourself through the speaker when you are transmitting.
I don't think mine works either tho

Yea that's what I read too but it does nothing

Probably because you have a cobra POS. Mine works on my Mirage fine.

You parked for the day now?

discord.gg/ejeVX36

Fuck off. Discord is anti-Veeky Forums at its core. Try leddit.

Explain your reasoning.

LETS DO THIS

Lay your chain out on the ground and post a shot of it.

Gotta pull em off this. They are actually not that color but the color of pure rust. Been there 9 months.

Shld I download discord? Don't have acct

It would make messaging faster I suppose. Since its trucking related I don't see why we couldn't do it here. It'll just be a bit slower.

Well they are just going to have to enjoy the show.

One end has hooks the other doesn't. Lay it over one of my super singles

Looks kinda legit senpai

The side with the cams on it, the half moons, should go on the outside of the tire so you can tighten them. Do the cross rails that go across the tread of the super singles have lugs, as in traction spikes on either side of them? If so they need to be facing outwards.

If you are going to be rolling forward, then place the chain so the hooks are facing towards the rear, and will be hanging up on the tire when you roll onto the chains.

So drive in reverse a but so I can connect??

Up to you which direction you roll. Forward is easier to work at the back of the tire if you can do it. If you're spun out on a hill its anothet story though.

Make sure the cross rails are even as best as you can across the whole of the tire.

This look right? I don't think the half moons gave a front or back on this.

Okay will do.

To make it easier initially hooking them, if you're going to pull forward, make it so the last links on the front just touch the ground, so slide the whole chain backwards a little bit. This minimizes the chance that some of the slop gets bound up under the tire and makes it a bitch to connect the whole thing.

Dude I think it worked

Drive it forward a touch more, so the hooks are at about 0200 to 0230 on the clock face and you'll have extra to work with.

Once you're ready to hook them, try to make it as reasonably tight as you can, to minimize the chances that the chain will roll off while cornering.

Those are on upside down. The ends of the hooks for the cross chains should be facing outward so the don't abrade the sidewall.

I was wondering abt that

That is a little tougher. They look kinda bad.

Lets pretend I got then tight and not inside out lol. So I use the allen wrench thing now

Oh, I see what you mean. The whole chain needs to do a 180 and then be flipped so the cams are in the right position. Fine for today though.

Snap a pic of the hooked end links and lets see what you got going on there.

I'm ready for some adverse weather conditions bro

Oh I see how these cams work. I just give em a little spin and they tighten the slack??

Hey, that's better than Swift does!

>Loose as a goose
Not bad for a starter. What you'll find is that as the chain gets fully distributed around the tire from rotating, it will get looser. What a lot of guys do in the bush is drive forward 50 to 100 feet, or as much as they can in the space they have, then back up to distribhte the chain, then retighten the links.

Yeah, exactly. When you initially put the chains on, make sure the cams are open so you can tighten them later.

Hahaha ty

Yeah dude I think I figured it out though. If I started all over I could get it tight for sure.

Th for ur help

Yea they were a little weird when I pulled them right but that's bc I connected them first when rolling to 200. Should had them left undone. And I can see how driving a bit then starting over would fix some stuff u couldn't do by hand.

DUDE I DID IT.

WE DID IT

I AM NOW LIKE 1% OF PRIME CUMPKNEE DRIVERS

You don't need chains man just slip and slide down the mountain at breakneck speed
Make the most of your clock!

>tfw fairweather tropics trucker
Keep those blasphemous chains away from me.

youtu.be/SBCw4_XgouA

Good job. One final tip I will mention: with the chain links that attach to the hooks, you want to make sure that they are tight as possible like I said already, to prevent losing them entirely, or having them pile into the brakes/suspension components on the inside, but also to tie up the extra links so they don't beat your brake pots or the underside of the fenders all to fuck.

What I do, if I have enough slack to hook the hooks beyond the third or fourth link from the end of the tail chain, is hook the first link onto the hook, then grab the actual link you are going for, and make a link sandwich basically. You'll have those two or three links between the two hooked links all tied up, and way less chance of wrecking something on the truck.

De nada.

Gonsider yourself lucky.