/ORG/: Offroad and Overland General

Hardcore winter edition. Snowfalling and icedrifting and summer in Australia.

Post your offroad vehicles. Discuss suspension, engine tuning, 1.9 TDI diesels, tyres, and tay.

>old thread:
>older thread:

>oldest thread:
>/out/ thread
>pirate 4x4 thread
pirate4x4.com/forum/general-chit-chat/699969-anybody-here-surf-Veeky Forums-board.html

General Veeky Forums discord:
discord.gg/NmpUVzD

Disc/org/ server:
discord.gg/FGMNmeg

new /ORG/ stickie coming soon

Someone post the old map I don't have the link anymore

Other urls found in this thread:

auto-trends.net/2019-toyota-diesel-hilux-u-s-market/
vimeo.com/195727235
youtube.com/watch?v=hb3hoAXkNDU
smoothtalker.com/cellular-signal-boosters/mobile/wireless50/)
weboost.com/products/drive-4gm
youtube.com/watch?v=7lw1MrMHQ9o
decked.com/products/decked-ford-f-150?variant=31141614983
amazon.com/Switch-Transfer-Selector-Silverado-Pickup/dp/B01L1H20VC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513562459&sr=8-1&keywords=gm 4wd switch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hi

finally got the ol girl out to the woods tonight

also went to the upull it this morning and found what i think are yoda solid axles but im not sure, couldnt find any manufactures marks on them. two fronts and a rear

Kaladar?

nah m8 thats just a pile of scrap nothing of value

axles always have value

theres at least ten truckbeds full of axles out there, lots of d70s, d80s and gm 14 bolts ripe for the picking plus bunches of semi/dumptruck axles. sadly the only fronts are a few d30 jeep axles

To the best of my knowledge Toyota solid axles have always had the leafs ontop of the axle, not under

I think I'm gonna do an 8.8 swap on my yota, should be better for when I lift it and maybe get bigger tires

do it. idk what the best donor would make though as far as width, but there are explorers a plenty at my local junkyards. lsd, disc brakes, and choice gear ratios.

Just upgraded and picked up a TRD pro.
gonna be droppin some money into it to get it where i want it to be before i take an overland trip across country. possibly up to alaska.

Ya I got an explorer 8.8 with LSD for 80 bucks from the yard and put it in my Volvo 240, it was super easy.
That's why I want one for my Toyota, it would be even easier than the Volvo

nice. i have one sitting in my garage that i still havent got around to messing with. what all did you do? i see you are moving the spring perches.

Yeah the Ford one is leaf spring and the Volvo is coil so everything had to be removed from the Volvo and Ford axle and swapped over

Whoever is buying the awesome examples of pajeros in the USA. Fucking stop, I want one.

Go over pay for a LC or a LR

Is that the same as a Ram Raider?

>Ram Raider?

They were ya. I want a 2.5 SR/Endeavor

i knew a stripper that drove one. her front rotors were so messed up, she was using her emergency brake to stop. the little truck sounded awesome though. she was cool

Hi

Sexual!

My nigga.

Sup homie! If you swap engines in ur Yoda ima legit be jelly.

yea super stoked to take it out.

What all you gonna do to it?

small lift, get a new bumper, add a winch, bigger tires (something nobbier) and the rest i dunno yet, probably a fold out camp topper.

light bars. it needs multiple light bars. and a cb radio. and a shell with a dirty old mattress

OP what car is that?
Sorry, leaffag here and dont get a lot of interesting cars like you Americans. Pls no bully.

>yfw morons unironically think more light bars=better light
Guess they think brighter foreground glare equals better vision
Don't worry, I picked up on your sarcasm

i was only being half sarcastic :(
if it were mine i would put at least 1 light bar and a spotlight, the cb radio, and a shell. also build a storage rack to put under a mattress in the back. I dont know anything about offroading though. im a muscle car guy, but i like to read your guys' threads and look at your projects.

Smaller light bars work alright as a flood arrangement to compliment a pair of spotlights, although I'm personally not a fan of lighting colour over 5000k.

>Crew Cab
>Not Extended cab w/ Long bed

heathen

fake scoop

auto-trends.net/2019-toyota-diesel-hilux-u-s-market/

hmmm

Who else here /changetheiroilinthedesertat4am/?

Furgot pic :3

Interesting, although "3KD-FTV" doesn't sound right. Should be the 1GD-FTV. The 2.4 is a 2GD-FTV AFAIK.
The global pickup makes sense though. More sense than a standalone N.A. market pickup, in similar way the Colorado replaced the S10 and the global Ranger will be standing in soon.

it would cost 50 thousand and have a huge, massive hype train.

screencap this

It'll cost the same as the Tacoma, given that's the segment it'd sit in if the Taco were to be replaced. Your prediction doesn't make any sense.

more like around 20

Just watch.

Just watch what? A fully optioned specialty offroad model come in at some arbitrary cost?

But why?

The dude is literally retarded. Thinks he's a fox, dresses up like one and fucks strange men, calls himself mr cummy paws, and spins out at 25mph in a 60mph curve on a dry summer day. Makes sense he'd do an oil change in the middle off a two hour trip.

Check out this rescue of a VW amarok by a very weird and articulated 4x4

vimeo.com/195727235

this shit is cash money

Just ignore the dadrock/teenage angst music, these fucking old bastards go at it hard

youtube.com/watch?v=hb3hoAXkNDU

have you never seen a skidder before?

have a good sunday user

absolutely not, i don't even know who makes these vehicles. What are they used for ?? logging??

yes, logging, they'll drag all the logs out to be loaded onto the trucks. also real hardcore offroad recovery. if you get stuck halfway up a mountain your best bet is to hire one of those guys

One thing I don't like on american trucks is how small tires are in relation to the body.

you dont have any idea how dealerships work, do you?

have you ever bought a car?

What apps do y'all have on your phone? I keep Facebook so I have access to my off road recovery group but are there any goods map apps with trails?

that one is a fully decked out with sliders and dual diff lockers tho, that one will be higher priced

HEMA MAPS
or
Anything that can be downloaded and stored locally, for offroading i would get anything that comes with height maps and you will also benefit from a truck mounted phone antenna(smoothtalker.com/cellular-signal-boosters/mobile/wireless50/)

Alongside your basic CB and HM. Not a shill never tried the product but it doesn't hurt to have one, maybe you are stuck just a couple of km's away from a small city with mobile antennas and your 2 way dies for some absurd reason, the cellphone will probably still work

this one i've seen used by an australian guy

weboost.com/products/drive-4gm

he's quite happy with it

youtube.com/watch?v=7lw1MrMHQ9o

But they hit 50 grand.

And dealers love up optioned cars. Hard to find the one you want.

this is the closest I'll get

>small truck
>52,000 dollars
Kys

good job on pointing out the obvious mang

so if it was a full size truck you’d be cool with the 52k????????

>3.42 axle ratios
>turbodiesel
why do companies do this for their (((off-rado))) cars?

>external roll bar in back of bed
isn't the whole vehicle supposed to adhere to rollover safety now? why do all new medium pickups have this? colorado, canyon, hilux, international ranger, frontier/navaro

last but worst of all: what the heck is with those square wheelwells that take up 2 ft of space. you can't even trim the front ones because the DOOR is impacted

I just want an older truck body frame and put something like a new prius or nissan cube body on it so I can do all the new stuff like the infotainment system and 360 degree camera, modern airbags, etc without it costs $60k

tay bells ring: are you listening?

user pls that is a prius
wtf how do you not know that

Should have gotten a 2016 4runner

>why do companies do this for their (((off-rado))) cars?
because they know people won't actually offroad them. no one with any amount of intelligence or common sense would do any serious offroading in a band new vehicle. also they have to comply with mpg regulations and emissions testing and 4.11 or 4.56 gear ratios with 30" tall tires doesn't yield very good highway mpgs

What if I told you, that's actually a Japanese truck?

It has an 8 speed automagic! You can have crawlers on 4.10s and gear the 8th to get like 0.6. I think that's what the Raptor does.

I'd love to pick up a Raptor in 10-15 years and remove the body for an amazing offroad vehicle that isn't as massively heavy. Frame shorten or something.

In the snow, tay is glistening...

thats a honda dude

Why not?
I don't have a fursuit and my fursona is a coyote not a fox get it right faggot

Still sounds pretty gay

Ur gay

Wow, a gay trying to call someone else gay, guess you really are the most cancerous tripfag on this board. Or any other boards for that matter.

Maybe you should go drift your car off a cliff at slow speeds again, and try to get it right and actually die this time.

You mad bro?

Wut

AYYY new acquisition today bois!

Finally after 6 months of no wheels after my 2wd 03 saturn vue shitbox died, i got my dream car!

No offroading till spring though, salt is the bane of old toyotas

plebbit pls go

Never been on reddit. Though i seldom frequent Veeky Forums. /k/ and /pol/ is my home

Are these even sought after?
I mean fj40 or bust desu

>look up autotrader
>first one has a 2 inch hole in the door from rust
>$12k
I'll say yes.

Theyre going up in price a lot. Asode from that, its nostalgia. My father had one and took me and my siblings/cousins on camping trips all the time in the sticks. He sold it to help pay for my college. Id like to provide my future kids the same childhood experiences with one of these

aw that's cute user
i hope you enjoy it quite a lot! what engine does it have right now? Are you planning on butchering / doing insane offroad upgrades with it or keep it stock for the genuine experience?

muh qt family picture from before i started obliterating my prius cruiser

Anyone know of a cheaper drawer system than this? decked.com/products/decked-ford-f-150?variant=31141614983

This seems to be the best way to retain organization in the bed while also being able to mount a RTT right on top of the rails.

>i hope you enjoy it quite a lot
scratch that
>i know you'll enjoy it quite a lot
FIFM

yes. every few months, someone posts their build out of plywood in their truck bed like your pic related. the plastic ones are a meme and for those too lazy / impatient to do a little bit of carpentry.

What about waterproofing/locks? I'd like to be able to keep power tools and other expensive shit in them

An suv, with a couple of those plastic storage bins you get at Home Depot.

I like a truck because there are things I haul that I'd rather not have in my cabin. Thanks though.

truck cap, varnish, and caulk
you'll be able to make the drawers waterproof to a point but not the sides.

though, now that i think about it, most of the builds are done with a permanent trucc cap or in an SUV version of that trug.

or just put those drawers in and get a toolbox for your truck that goes over your bed like normal. i recommend gullwings for ez access.

For now, bone stock minus the radio. It has the 2f engine with 4 speed tranny. Im going to get a full length safari roof basket, maybe a slight ome lift, and maybe maybe next year arb bumpers for winches and a spare tire.

Nice 62! That overdrive makes a world of difference on the highway

Hey guys, first time posting in this general.

I've sourced a 1998 TJ wrangler sport with the 4.0L, 5speed, and dana35 rearend for $2500 It has 155,000miles on it, but it has an issue. It's hard to start, and it absolutely will not idle unless I keep my foot on the gas. The engine revs freely and smoothly and it drives great but I'm not sure what the idle/hard start issue could be. Wondering if this is a good buy? Any suggestions on the issue?

Hi everyone I don't know if you remember me or not but I was the one with the old blue Suburban with the brake and differential problems. I have a new job that requires a lot of driving Cross country so I don't have a chance to off road much but I wanted to log on to say hi and say I found another good deal from a coworker. I now have a 2005 suburban too that I got for $1400 with 155 thousand miles on it the only problem is the 4 wheel drive will not engage. It will in Auto mode but not in 4wd or 4lo I was told this could be the actuator motor? Anyway I hope you all are doing good. Also pictures of my Suburbans now forgive the snow because I spend a lot of time traveling for work

The 80 is mine, lol. Funny enough the automatic A440F (the one in your trucc right now) is soon going into my FJ80. Took me a while to find the transmission (for under $1500) but finally got it

yes! I gave you a rockauto code, right?

4x4 system could be anything in the transfer case, hard to tell. if you're doing cross country driving, it better be diesel!

is it carbed? if so, common choke problem

>98
>carb
no way jose
First thing I would check is idle air control or massive intake leak

its probably the selector button module on the dash. They are like $37 on amazon and take about 3 minutes to replace. Very prone to failure, I keep them in stock at my shop.

>t. used car fag that has owned about 150 of this GM truck platform

amazon.com/Switch-Transfer-Selector-Silverado-Pickup/dp/B01L1H20VC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1513562459&sr=8-1&keywords=gm 4wd switch

>1998
>jeep TJ
a lot more of those are aftermarket carbed than you think

At max 1% of TJs are aftermarket carb'd, so 99% chance I'm right and you're wrong.
(a lot less than 1% are converted to carb, why the fuck would anybody want to have angle issues that come with carbs)

Point at this faggot and laugh, no one aftermarket carbs their 4.0 jeep. That's downright stupid.

Nope, it's not carbed.
I don't think it has an intake leak since it drives just fine, no bucking, no lack of power, runs pretty strong for an I6. I'll have to check the TPS as that was my first idea.