Which car would be less cool after an LS swap?

Cars that are faster to begin with are disqualified

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EwTDvO4WO5o
youtube.com/watch?v=70OSJLzISL0
youtube.com/watch?v=TIZ5IEWk2iM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bampu

chrysler 300C, means a white guy wasted money on car that only niggers use

Bamp

wow, i talked with a car friend about this for like 15 minutes and we couldn't come up with anything as good as that

This is also because while ls's are better engines, hemis sound and are cooler.

Vw beetle
Just no.

Anything that doesn't come with a large torqy engine from the factory, since you'd need to basically re-engineer the entire car.

Wrong.

>drift

That's a perfectly example of an LS1 hack job that probably handles like a heap of shit and is an absolute turd to drive.

Any rotary

At least it runs. You aren't handling shit with blown apex seals.

Very few. Only trucks with something like a Duramax or Cummins or cars with a proper V12.

>dude blown apex seals lmao

Then replace them?

>rotary maintenance is hard

Then why are there so many RX lawn and driveway ornaments?

>"Oh yeah.... well then how do you explain my anecdotal evidence?"

Not a very compelling argument mate.

Majority of people who buy rotary cars don't do research or know how to upkeep them and then blame the car for their piss poor choices.

FD

This, I bet doesn't actually know of a single example of these supposed "so many"

>engine swaps
>reliable

spoken like a true buscuck

wtf is the point of swapping an rx7/rx8
rx literally stands for rotary experiment so if you take out the rotary just because you dont know how to maintain its like its not even an rx7 anymore. more like an ls7 or something like that.

More like it's a corvette with a weak diff, chassis and unbalanced suspension.

XR6 turbo

>FR beetle
Just why?

I only know 3 reasonable swaps for a beetle:
>old porsche boxer engine
>subaru boxer
>mazda rotary

>Which car would be less cool after an LS swap?
Doritos, cars that came with better V8s and some inline sixes, and lightweight Jap shitboxes that sold almost entirely on handling.

Pretty much any lighweight car that gets unballanced due to the increased weight of the LS over the original engine.
Cars like a FC RX-7, cappuchino or most other lightweight FRs completely loose their ballance and start to corner like shit and can not get the power down, especialy when accelerating after hitting the apex.

(miata is slightly different since the swap moves the engine rear a lot and increases rear weight with a beefed up differential while some weight reduction mods are done on the front)

Or an Alfa boxer, the 1700 is 100kw giving you twice the best VW aircooled offering.

FC's aren't actually light though user

Or a 4A/7AGE for a dune buggy.

They are light by modern standards.

They only fit without the hood on...

Barely, 1220 for a small NA coupe isn't light, thing is small cars are few and far between but the ones that exist tend to be lighter.

Get ready for anger
youtube.com/watch?v=EwTDvO4WO5o

I can think of 4 main weight categories:
>800-1000
This is pretty as light as it gets for mass production cars
>1000-1200
Medium light, most small displacement 2 door Japanese sports cars fit into this category
>1200-1500
This is grand touring territory for Jap cars
>1500+
Pigfat

Lamborghini countach

VL Commodore

Yeah, fair call

Countach already made up to 490 hp naturaly aspirated and up to 748 hp with forced induction stock.

>small block

very nice since it is not an LS

Every car that isn't muritrash to begin with

Any car that didn't come with an LS.

but still. even one of the slower ones would be less cool without a v12

That is a Cummins diesel in there not an LS.

Mustang SVT Cobra R

Literally any car. LS swaps are not cool they're cheap, overdone and boring. Doing an LS swap is like wearing a neon sign on your forehead saying you're too tasteless to do something interesting and too poor to rise above mediocrity.

Which would explain the Holset HX35 on top

Mine works great.

I’ve never met anyone who’s done a unique swap that feels that way. Only armchair enthusiasts.

>look guys I spend a few thousand bucks to ruin a car LMAO

You're projecting. There's nothing more boring than going to a show where half the cars have an LS swap. When I see an ls I keep walking.

Get that awful thing out of that engine bay right now

>implying swaps can't be reliable
I've put 60k miles on this since i swapped it.

Mine's sidelined because the blower motor for the heat needs replacement, and the engine wire harness needs to be repaired. Compression on both rotors is sitting at ~9.6 after 100k.

Also kind of need to patch the gaping slots to the ground that used to be my rocker panels.

that is a honda engine in a honda, literally lego-tier

oh here come the stipulations and moved goalposts.

anything not made by gm isnt allowed an ls.
end of.

Honda engine in a Toyota, but whatever, pretend like you know what you're talking about.

Lol it would be slower with an LS swap

Okay. Is this better?

Even the Hemi name is cooler than the LS.

A RR LS-swapped Beetle would be awesome for both drags and hektik snap oversteer.

No. LS engine are actually pretty small for their displacement. They can replace a DOHC iron block I4 in the MX-5 without changing the weight balance more then 1%.

>Honda engine in a Toyota
what, that car is a honda civic???

>brainlet

Yeah why would you want to do this when you can put around with your 36hp

youtube.com/watch?v=70OSJLzISL0

Suppose you wanted to build a cheap W201. What cheaper way is there to get a naturally aspirated 400hp then an LS?

I'd love to do a 3rd gen Hemi instead for that DaimlerChrysler heritage, but it's a hard sell at twice the price for an iron block, which will upset the weight balance.

>What cheaper way is there to get a naturally aspirated 400hp then an LS?
any carburated small block

SBC/SBF swaps are more overdone than LS swaps, they're heavier, and here in Europe, they're about the same price. At that point, you might as well go with the lighter EFI setup.

But yeah, if you're a good hotrodder who knows how to build an engine, can;t go wrong with one of those.

rotaries and light handle cars.

>LS-swap a Falcon
>Put Chev plates on it

I'm honestly tempted to do this just for the butthurt that it would generate.

Exactly. That's why I call mine the LT7.

Part of me is recoiling in anger and discust. The other part of me is wondering what quiet drifts and insta torque would feel like in something that isn't a Teslut shitbox.

>carbs and distributor are heavier than a EFI

>aluminium blocks are heavier than iron

the 302 is lighter than an LS

gm btfo

>LS: 460lbs
>SBF302: 480lbs
>SBC302: Low 500's
>5.7 Hemi: 535lbs

An aluminium SBF is even lighter than an LS, sure, but a lot more expensive. If we're considering that amount of budget, a Hemi would be much more fitting for a W201.

youtube.com/watch?v=TIZ5IEWk2iM

No more IMS problems.

That's the point of this thread....

Because people like you are too dumb to do basic maintenance and don't know how easy/cheap/quick it is to rebuild a rotary

>Cars that are faster to begin with are disqualified
Nice to see your reading comprehension is nonexistent.

Dodge Viper would be less cool when it would have two cylinders less with LS. And the old one only has about 400hp so the LS could be faster.

wow

do want

The suspension is 95% of what makes that cool, not the engine.

>spins out at 1:15 going like 20mph

I get that it's built for the dunes but that thing handles like an absolute turd.

Easy. This car would be ruined if your put an LS into it. It would ruin the weight balance and the car doesn't need more power to be fun.

Another easy one, an MR2 Turbo already makes 220hp and it can. Makes much more with some pretty simple mods. Throwing an LS in the back would mean needing to reengineer the suspension and cut out the trunk and possibly the firewall to make room for it.

every single one

Now you get why rotards sperg about it. For the price of a ls you could rebuild the existing engine and port it to make the same power and keep the cars character alive.

Haven't watched since I can't ATM, but from the thumbnail/title is this one of those stories where this swap was done in like the 70s because the V-12 would cost a fortune to replace/fix but the cars themselves were a dime a dozen back then?

If so it gets a pass.

>LT Swap

I feel like I've entered a portal into the 90s. I can't hate it simple because at least in the realm of V8 swaps this is now unique. I have to ask user what possessed you to use an LT, couldn't find a decent LS based engine, or just wanted to be different or had it laying around?

lol that LS is the best thing to ever happen to that POS

Semi related.

Oh god no....transverse v8s are cancer and and and.....is that still FWD"

that's not an LS you retarded busrider

Yeah it's still FWD, it's the main reason they went for the LS4 as it's the LS for FWD applications.

That is to say I think they transplanted in the engine and transaxle from an Impala or Monte Carlo SS so they could keep it FWD and modified as needed to fit it all. DESU never looked into it beyond using the image to shitpost with.

>Put v8 in mr2
>It becomes a true poor mans Lotus/Ferrari

Works with a Corvair too.