/tfg/ - Titanfall general

PATCH NOTES WHEN edition

>Lewds
tfgbooru.booru.org/index.php

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos, Tutorials & Mods
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn
syampuuh.github.io/mods (currently outdated)

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral

>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/445674/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' will bring it up in game for PS4; for PC, you have to join using the link, and for XBone, you need to request entry in the thread first.

>PSN Community
Search PSN community for "Titanfall General", request membership, and state you are from the thread. It helps us add you to our friends lists, and that makes stacking easier.

>News
FNN 17:
respawn.com/frontier-news-network-07-18-2017-operation-frontier-shield
Wargames Patch notes: forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/13044/the-war-games-patch-notes/p1?new=1
Full Wargames patch notes (including the quiet stuff): i.imgur.com/yq3ekHy.png

>Titanfall Spinoffs/Side Projects
pastebin.com/5YngGgjd
Doomed Thread:

First for stop bullying Tone

2nd for I miss staccs

Fuck Ronin

>Fuck, Ronin
is so cool*

>even more people using G2, Alternator, CAR, and Archer
>AR got 3 skins
>SMG got 2 skins
>Sniper and Grenadier got none
>Wingman instead of Wingman E

I am ronin

So when is Frontier defense happening?

>Ronin will still be an edgy weeb titan
>You'll never have a cute anime titan OS that is cheerful but also incredibly aggressive in combat
Fuck Ronin

>ronin is a narutard
Fuck Ronin

Tomorrow supposedly.

How does Ronin's sword hitbox work? I was on Crash Site and some asshole starting shooting me from some ridge so I went up to him and Ronin kept swinging his sword horizontally for like 4 swings and hitting rocks so I fucked off and I'm pretty sure swinging it vertically would have got him.

Our guy FrothyOmen confirmed that Northstar is secret OP and doesn't need buffs.

go away

t. northstar main

She's secretly op you know.

>Having a sword and having a cool dude voice = edgy
I want waifushitters to leave.

>Our guy FrothyOmen
literally who

At least we've got the HTTK changes :)
If this patch doesn't meaningfully nerf hitscan I'm actually done with the multiplayer outside of FD

>Our guy FrothyOmen
Leave now and never come back

wait for real? we're getting HTTK?

That or there are a lot of shit pilots out there. I mean I've teased slow titans around obstructions to their sight while I prep a full charge shot. You can't hit what you can't catch. I found a reason to love homestead.

Not without a pilot sword, you're not

>another match where the entire enemy team is running phase shift and CAR
Did CAR and R97 get a boost recently? Were they always this strong but all the tryhard players used Devotion instead? At least all those players tend to be incredibly shitty once titans drop.

As much as the devs have talked about it, more than likely

Alledgedly, this patch is supposed to be the implementation of the ideas the HTTK playlist was messing around with
There's no way to know what that actually means until the patch notes come out, though

Apparently the point of HTTK was to test upcoming balance changes.

Northstar doesn't need buffs, dude.

Why are granadier weapons so fucking trash? They can't even kill with a direct hit.

Your sword
>literally less of a hitbox than punch
Their sword
>trandscends time and dimensions, can kill you a height above a ronin
>some asshole starting shooting me from some ridge
Shoot it back then retard you have shotgun for a reason

>can't kill with a direct hit

What is the softball and EPG?

Do you even play this game?

t.urbo shitter
softball and epg both one shot with direct hits

baiting doesn't mean outright lying, user. employ some subtlety next time

SMR is gutter fucking trash,

It's actually just that you're gutter trash at the video game.
The SMR is also only a single weapon in the grenadier category. Using it for 3 minutes within the 2 whole hours you've been playing the game doesn't make for a great argument.

Shitters don't get to have an opinion.

Who Northstar+LSTAR+firestar combo

SMR is a better L-STAR that functions almost identically to it. (L-STAR is more fun imho) SMR also wrecks Titans especially when buffed. If you can't kill a pilot with a 20 round mag when you only need to land two shots, your aim must be terrible. Learn to lead a target.

you're bad and should uninstall

Why not Grav Star? Works well with L-STAR.

Patch notes should be up in 15.

I..I like the sparkles

It's fun to molest titans with firestar

Oooooooooh, you're right! But with Grav-star you can make a super Nova of red orbs (stars) of death!

>SMR is a better L-STAR
Hahaha no.

Why does CTF have to be so incredibly shit
>cool movement system
>some of the maps have really interesting designs for chasing people
>none of this matters because grapple exists and you can just go around/over the map
>this takes very little knack because half of the out of bounds area doesn't tick the timer

CTF could be a fun mod but Respawn really is putting their best effort into making it trash. This isn't even starting on games where both teams are playing heavy defense for titan meter so half the game is literally fucking nothing happening.

Now that the fresh paint had time to come off all the Prime Titans, how about we rate them look-wise compared to the stock ones ?

Ion < Ion Prime
Scorch > Scorch Prime
Northstar < Northstar Prime
Ronin < Ronin Prime
Tone > Tone Prime
Legion >>> Legion Prime

Also, their executions:

Ion < Ion Prime
Scorch Tone Prime
Legion > Legion Prime

What's even the prime execution for Legion?
I don't think I've ever seen it.

Primes would be better if you could use warpaints. I have no idea how they expect you to spend cash on your favourite titans prime and then also being out new warpaints that can't be applied to them. Baffling business wise.

Both are projectile "machine guns" with similar projectile flight speed.
SMR needs 2 hits to kill but has smallish projectiles.
L-STAR needs more shots but has larger projectiles.
L-Star has "infinite ammo"
SMR can heavily damage Titans.

Objectively the L-STAR is more forgiving to use against pilots (and more fun) and is arguably more effective. However the SMR can do just as well, if not better, than the L-STAR against pilots with the additional ability to damage Titans. You get two for the price of one with SMR.

I like Tone Prime better than normal Tone, but otherwise I agree with your list entirely. I just wish I played Northstar more often so I could justify buying the prime version of it, I only have her at like G3 right now.

>meaningfully nerf hitscan
As much as I would love that to happen, respawn will never do it. HTTK is an improvement, but as long as accurate hipfire exists in some form this game will always be plagued by hitscan and the overuse of phase shift with it.

Only got to try Ion, Scorch and North, but North>>>>all.

Except you can?

Northstar primes model is nice but it doesn't really look great with 99% of camo on it. Like said, many primes would be way sexier with warpaints.

L-STAR's projectiles fly at the proper speed for their hitboxes. SMR rockets are too fast and fly past the enemy even with leading shots. I sprayed a mag at a guy and he fucking matrix'd the whole thing with slight strafing in the same spot.
It's garbage.

Legion bitch-slaps the victim twice with his gun, then powershots them in the face

Ion < Ion Prime
Scorch > Scorch Prime
Northstar = Northstar Prime I like the decals better on default, but the shape of Prime more
Ronin = Ronin Prime Literally same reason
Tone = Tone Prime I actually really like Tone Prime's look; especially considering it removes the "fprehead bulge" regular Tone has
Legion >>>>> Legion Prime Who thought the diaper was a good idea

>Executions
Ion < Ion Prime
Scorch

No you can't, go try it your self. They don't even show up in the menus if you have a prime applied.

>All those spelling errors

Send help
am retard

It's really not. They have different projectile sizes, spray patterns, damage, ammo management, etc. The only thing they DO have in common is they're primary-slot projectile weapons that fire quickly. I don't agree with the other guy, but this is just a wrong statement. They're very different weapons.

How to git gud with Ion. I main Ronin, so my play style is kind of rushy/aggressive and I tend to only Push 1v1 and isolate enemies

>Ronin main on Ion
Same
Just pop the laser and shoot at people, take cover to reload, use laser fence when close to enemies, etc.
Overcore for more lasers

I don't like most of them, mostly because they can't use warpaint and the nose art is done really lazily. They don't even get the "bonus decals" that show up when you apply nose art to the standard titans. I get that it's a hassle to do that when you go through all the work of modeling a new titan, but if you're charging people for it you should do it right.

Can someone post Northstar Prime in Stoic White please?

>Bonus decals

What's this?

Good enough?

Run Overcore for maximum laser, but as for the secondary you actually have a lot of viable choices
>Zero-point Tripwire
For laser mines all day, erry day
>5-Way Splitter
If you want to out-DPS a ronin at close range or to bully the shit out of an unsuspecting Monarch
>Enhanced Vortex
For extreme Legion bullying
>Grand Cannon
For melting fucks who think they can just wait out your Laser Core

Looks cooler than I thought it would, thanks. I think I might buy it soon. Gonna wait until the patch hits though, the FNN mentioned something about sales or something for DLC soon.

>Were they always this strong but all the tryhard players used Devotion instead?
Basically this. Once the devotion got fixed and the r97 buffed for some reason those guys jumped on the latter. The knowledge of SMGs having laser accurate hipfire and the best DPS at almost all ranges also spread. Meanwhile, the playerbase shrunk. That's why you're seeing a lot more people running easy mode classes.

whats taking respawn so long?

Give me one reason not to use SMGs exclusively and have my fun at the expense of others.

>regular updates last week of the month on tuesday.
Are you slow?

I've literally never seen anyone use the SMR in any of my games.

patchnotes you dumb dumb.

Then what do you call this?

>4 more days till I come home
>fd will be out and memes will have been made with out me
>Xbox will have already made tactics and I will not listen to khrome laugh his ass off as he just let's nuke titans walk past him and hug the excavator

Man, painted on mouths just don't work with flat surfaces.

>Defeat
>Defeat
>Defeat
>Defeat
>Defeat
I'm so fucking sick of it.

Thx guys

Just use R97

Not a warpaint?

that's a noseart retard

You won't get to feel a smug sense of superiority by beating someone in a videogame while using less efficient tools
What's the point of winning if you can't create some intrinsic value in the way you did it

Nose art. Warpaint is the camo you unlock for kill streaks. They're clearly labelled in the menu. Dummy.

They're missing out then. user, just because something is unpopular means that it's bad. L-STAR is great but I can count the number of times I've seen one since the Colony update on my fingers.

Not him but Northstar prime isn't yellow.

CAMO IS NOT WARPAINT YOU FUCKING RETARDS CAN YOU NOT READ?

What's the point of playing the game at all if you get easily beaten by people playing with broken guns? It's not like you're gonna have any fun that way.

>Not him
It's ok user, being confused is something we all do, sometimes...

NOSEART

PATCH

NOTES

WHEN

Warpaint IS camo dumbass.

>One labled clearly as warpaint
>T-they're the same

Oh just fuck of.

WARPAINT. Warpaint is a subcategory in the Titan Camo section, like Progression, Challenges, Black Market, and Advocate Gifts. Prime titans don't have the Warpaint category. I don't know if we have a lot of obtuse players or just new players, but stop being stupid.

They're like 3 hours late. Respawn pls.

And camos are not warpaints. Do we really have to teach you the differences between squares and rectangles?

meant for:
What you have applied is noseart, which is not warpaint. Not all camo is part of the warpaint category. The categories are clearly labelled. Jesus Christ.

Oh this is getting good...

>game lags whenever I'm in a northstar I shoot someone aware

NO IT'S FINE I LOVE BEING UNABLE TO PLAY TITANS

Does Speedloader affect cooldown time on the LSTAR or just the actual reload time when you overheat?

no, only the reload