Webm for retards: gitgud.io/nixx/WebMConverter

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!5FpHQKAC!qVAJyjjQTUZybOXay6Mb1sOGvKeW5lPhwbt5V7C6x7o
evldmn.itch.io/dont-slack
twitter.com/panstasz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DRAWING TUTORIALS & TIPS HERE

mega.nz/#!5FpHQKAC!qVAJyjjQTUZybOXay6Mb1sOGvKeW5lPhwbt5V7C6x7o

A collection of tuts/references/tips/tricks I gathered. There aren't that many, but they're on point. Sadly I barely have any 3d ones.
But this should help a bit with your artdev woes

DRAWING TUTORIALS & TIPS HERE

We already have enough drawfags without games here, someone make programming tutorials.

Today is the day you'll pick up that project of yours. You know the one. The one "on hiatus". Just do it, user. I believe in you!

I have a question

I don't rig/animate and I plan on working with another person who can. Should I join my meshes into 1 or keep them separate? Which is better for the rigger?

plan on using one texture image per model too.

You should be asking them, its mostly preference

enginedev is hell

>PROGRESS
>SUCCESS

No, I'm not going to drop my current project for that one I paused for a good reason.

gogem

Simulator

Unity

I'm trying to write a story for my videogame but the more I think about it, the more ideas I have and the harder it becomes to keep track of them all in an organized fashion.

What's a good program that allows me to write down my ideas and connect them to each other? It just needs to be able to have nodes that I can connect I guess.

For instance: Player talks to priest:
1. Player hits priest>Priest gives no quest
2. Player asks if priest needs help>Quest starts
3. Player does nothing: Quest open for x amount of time

RPG

I am saddened to see you choose another path. Just know that we will always welcome you should you change your mind.

Pen and paper?

Personally I find that for brain storming it's easier to get a pad and just flick to the next page when you think the current idea is bad. You're going to be then able to flick through your previous ideas and see what ones you like best.

No. We need better art

I've found Visual Understanding Environment (VUE) to be breddy gud.

>functions without returns
so this is the power of unity...

I either use Notepad/Notepad++ or MS Word if I want to get fancy.

>unnamed files
Disgusting.

Is Python a good language to code a 2D platformer?

no

I use sticky notes, I have unusually small handwriting & they're easily rearranged

then what's a good language?

You're free to name them yourself :^)

anything that isn't python

Sepples

I am confident that you would never find another english-speaking user with these specific wants who will work for free on this with you. MAYBE a jap, but I wouldn't bother looking.

Like I need you to collect tutorials for me.

new combat almost works now

>the monsters are animated
This changes a lot.

most of them. I'm going for 2 frames subtle animations for that retro feel

Who needs art right? Its just placeholders though i swear.
Send help
Luckily the whole random clothing/hair/detail system has now been proven to work.

user If you want to correct those filenames go ahead, if not then your complaint is pointless.
Oh this looks good, very nice aesthetics.

No I need a program. If I'm not writing out the specifics of the story as I go, as it would be in game, I tend to get focused on the overall picture and don't work on what the specifics will actually need to be.

This looks more like what I'm looking for. Thank you. I'm a bit worries since it's in JAVA I'd prefer a program that works on it's own regardless of whether I have JAVA installed.

I need the nodes otherwise it just becomes an unintelligible mess of ideas.

Don't listen to the meme men.
Python is a pretty poop language for performance but:

1) Python is NOT going to be the bottleneck in your code
2) Python is super simple for beginners, which I assume you are because you're asking these questions
3) You can code a simple platformer in absolutely anything and it'll work perfectly well

Python is totally fine for your game. C++ may be better performance-wise and knowing it (the language) will help you a lot. Game engines will be easier all around. But python is fine.

Source: I code my game in python and can't complain

spooky

>JAVA
I know, but if you find software that is free, comes with the same functionality, and doesn't run java, let me know. I couldn't find that.

Posted this before, need some help.

My player is currently being moved relative to his transform.forward.
While he's airborne I don't want him to be able to rotate. Obviously this makes the problem that regardless of stick direction, the player will always move toward his facing direction in the air (i.e. you hold back, he'll still move forward).

How would I solve this? Ideally I'd like it so holding back reduces your forward momentum a little. Basically like SM64 jump physics.

I used to do actual spooky stuff

Was able to do tutorial projects and understand why their code did what it does. I don't know how to make my own code for lack of words. What'd be the next step here for not being a shitter.

>Seems like you have an interesting puzzle game without enemies though, where you have to destroy all the green blocks by nudging the blue blocks.
I thought the same thing a while ago, actually. Good catch! Though I'm not sure how fun that would be.
At any rate, I can make a level specific just to that - to change the pace. I mean, eventually.

Is there a way I can make games if I don't know how to code?

Game Maker

NO.

You must learn how to think in code, at the very least. Even RPG Makers which have a bunch of default assets require to to script events and triggers and labels/switch to conditionalize things happening. It's easier than you'd think, but you gotta learn coding on some level.

you learn to code

GM's dragondrop is a newbie trap, don't fall for it and don't ever recommend it.

Learning how to plan.

Construct 2 is pretty easy.
You need to know the logic behind coding, but the actual practice of coding is not completely necessary although obviously extremely recommended.

>tfw no artist buddy
lifes cruel

Great style man.

Do what gogem does and hire a coder.

Jesus Christ.

Were you the guy who was working on a FPS with Quake/Half-Life style enemies?

>woman has to sit on the floor
MY SOGGY KNEE!!

Uh. Not sure. I'm this dude

tumblr?

holy shit it's you
did you drop the spoopy game or are you still working on it?

Ever considered working for PETA?

Experienced dev/artist/designer here. Anyone have technical/general issues they need help with?
I can offer advice.

>his game doesn't have monster girls
ngmi

It's got a monster boy(male)

Never finished it. Looked for collaborators for a bit when i realised it took too much time to do the modelling on my own, never found any.

Going ugly this time and then planning on hiring an actual artist to finish it up for me.

As much as i enjoy killing animals even PETA are abit too extreme for my tastes.

My game will have horribly disfigured girls though. Ought to count for something.

Funny thing is PETA does game dev for their insane politics and outreach. They had a gruesome Mario parody game at one point

P A N I C

super tofu boy never 4get

I think I know what you mean by planning what everything should do. I don't know how to reach that solution in coding.

>Windows 10

Super Tanooki Skin 2D. Now with giant phalluses, ribbed for HER pleasure.

Team Meat's response has made me respect them.

I use Paint every day to make fast Gyazo pictures that I can send over to friends. I guess it's soon time to go from HOME+"paint" to HOME+"paint 3d" instead

is possible to create a shader that has parts that become invisible when light touches it?

I made it, /agdg/ I released a game, even though I've not been devving alone, but with a friend, actually releasing a game feels nice. I hope every fucking neet here buys it or else.

Marked as deprecated, not removed.

It'll be there, just not updated.

>when light touches it
I know exactly what you mean.

Oh shit, I forgot the itch.io link, wait.
evldmn.itch.io/dont-slack

welcome to agdg, now fuck off because this isn't whodev shilling central

That's not enough for JSRF

I'm not a whodev, retard, I just haven't posted progress on my game, cause I actually tried to finish it first. I'm a regular poster here, but usually only comment on other people's shitty game demos, cause I'm scared to post my shitty game demo, dumb fucker.

>I'm not a whodev, retard, I just haven't posted progress on my game
Literally the definition of whodev.

Bitch. Ho ass bitch ass ho.

>not a whodev
>haven't posted progress on my game
that's a whodev tho

If you weren't a whodev you would know whodevving is frowned upon here.

@183708427
Impressive mental gymnastics on display

I guess you fags are right. Do you want free copies?

repost, i'll probably be making a part randomizer for certain enemy types from the models theonian gave me.

>Guy is so new he doesn't realise that's the exact definition of a whodev

>Whodevs
>Claims it's okay because he shitposts here
>Still a Whodev
Yeah fuck off and introduce yourself

no

Lurk moar

looking good but can he get up

Let me guess. It's a kinda difficult platformer

how do i not get called a whodev when posting progress for the first time asking for a future me

Fahck I can't wait till you get the demo version up for the let's players to play.

Gonna be watching PewDiePie play this shit. Markiplier. Septiceye. All the big ones.

What's wrong with that?

It will! One day!

thanks!
twitter.com/panstasz

post progress, don't post a finished game

simply post progress, a whodev is someone who posts a finished game thinking this is a /mu/ soundcloud thread

You'll be fine as long as your "progress" doesn't include some download/external link to a nearly finished game/kickstarter.

literally just fucking post progress