/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Best girl forever and always edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

How many Hyleans did he leave dead on the bottom of the reservoir before Link showed up?

Everyone died?

I dread to think.

We may have found the missing husbands of those Gerudo shop keepers.

If only Link could swim underwater and walk along the bottom at the same time. There must be a load of secrets underwater.

>thread hit autosage
>nobody made another for over 10 hours
>thread an hour and a half old
>6 replies
There's nothing left

Fuck off stingray.

Link is a failure who should have been able to protect Zelda without dying. The total collapse of Hyrule was his fault

post sword

>quest called song of storms
>song of storms isnt played

i was disappointed too.

I found it odd falling off the beasts didn't just teleport you back to the overworld

WORST GIRL!

That would have been pretty ggod, but I guess they couldn't because they are not to scale in the overworld.

You are the reason that threads die.

Alrighty then, request your BotW grill and I'll get a shot of her too.

Urbosa

t. A sheikah poet who will never get to fuck this

Since I'm nowhere near getting to the Gerudo desert just yet as to get an after-boss screenshot at full res, memories will have to do. Such is the downside to prerecorded cutscenes.

Cute! CUTE!

>Zelda will never rub her ass against you in her sleep

I want to marry that fish

Can't marry the dead.

Sorry, Link only does catch and release

link knows whats up

next game islike 4 swords but the different links are the different heroes and the bosses and the 4 different ganons

Link, get back to work! You have a kingdom to save!

You can't tell me what to do

>does that disturb you?

>you will never spend a month in bed with Zelda after rescuing her

*grabs her boot and sniffs DEEPLY*

it's a shame there isnt some sort of pirate outfit

the full climbing is kinda close though

It doesn't need to be played because it never stops raining anyway.

bump

>Spend 1000 rupees to impress some kid with a weak sword.

>Cemu is now unequivocally the most superior way to play BotW with it's newest version

Well Mario Odyssey better be good else I'm going to start feeling buyers remorse about this switch

I'm sure it will be a very solid installment. I doubt it will be the next galaxy.

>see a horse around Gerudo
>jump on it
>ride like 2 minutes
>find a guy wanting to buy it for 300

sucker

I wonder what happens if you bring him weird stuff instead of of horse.

If Fi was the kind of sword that wore panties, what alloy would they be made of?

Plutonium

makes your dick all tingly

i kinda wanted botw to pull a thief and the cobbler ending, in which the protagonist, completely verbally silent throughout the whole gets the very last line of dialogue. bonus points if it was zelda hurrying link along and he responds with *well excuse me princess* but not as over the top as the meme itself

ah yes with a flawlessly cinematic 10 frames per second.

kinda hard to top a game where your character Literally Survives Being Sucked Into A Black Hole, Which Births A New Nebula Of Stars

Not sure if you're memeing but even semi-decent rigs will get uninterrupted 30 fps in Cemu now. 60 would be possible however there's stuff that's hardcoded to the 30 fps frame limit.

It even has a local multiplayer mod, albeit incredibly fledgling.

You know what? I wouldn't even be mad. Just really surprised. And then disappointed once I really thought about it.

Well, it's basically nothing but wall-to-wall fanart and creepy anime bullshit, and the game itself is no longer getting discussed, so you can see how a good number of posters may be driven off by this

I'm just waiting for the new DLC. Without it there's nothing to discuss that hasn't been completely exhausted in the past few months already.

Any hopes for DLC 3?

Dark Link

Spamming bomb arrows all day long...

BARKBARKBARKBARKBARK

just let it die, doggo

BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK

bump

bump

bark

Post midna

Just got a Switch today. I'm a little annoyed about my Joycons.

>RZ has a solid clicky feedback, where it's either pressed, or not pressed. LZ has a slight give to it, like a typical trigger, and only clicks when it's fully pressed.

>Left shoulder button is clicky, right shoulder button is soft and squidgy. Sometimes hard to tell whether I've pressed it.

>Left analog stick is squidgy when pushing it in, right analog stick is clicky and feels normal.

>As a side note, it seems to quite often be failing to read Amiibos. I don't remember my WiiU controller not reading them like this is.

Should I return and exchange? I feel like it should be build a lot better than it is. Like when I'm using my shield in Zelda, I can't always tell if the button is pressed except for of course actually seeing it on screen. It definitely is a brand new one, it was the Splatoon 2 bundle so only came out a couple days ago.

Anyone else have these problems?

>Champ tunic
>Black dyed hylian hood
That's what's up. Best look

I got mine exactly a week ago, so it's at least as new as yours. Didn't have any of the problems you mention.

For some reason I doubt that everything's been found. People were finding new shit in Demon's and Dark Souls games for months after they were first released.

Waterblight Ganon had to be the worst of the four. He's the only of the main bosses that killed me.

Making it harder was the fact that I didn't know I could stasis his ice cubes or parry his laser at the time

I already slayed 2 divine beast and am right outside the bird village. Is it too late to get the DLC or should I wait until I beat the game to try a Hero Mode run later on.

Also, did that user get his giant Mipha plushie already?

Lynel bow + Lighting arrows = eternal stunlock.

I only stress over the thunder blight. He hides behind his shield to recover.

I think the amount of rupees you get with the quest is less than 1000 too

>A crowd of Zora surround you when the Zora are thanking you and Sidon.
>There are a few colors that can't be found anywhere else in the game.

There is a diamond at the end at least.

There's a lot of consistences in The Legend of Zelda but in terms of Link's quest it usually comes about the same way (with some exceptions). Link starts the game, almost every game, asleep and has to get woken up into his daily life by someone, until it's broken by his call to adventure which casts him out of his wasteland. Without exception, however, is that Link's wasteland is always characterized by isolation, either physical isolation where he's separated from the rest of the village, or lives in the most remote village on the map, or wherever he lives he has no or one friends, so he's emotionally isolated.

Link goes through a few starting trials, and then he gets the Master Sword. A couple games are an exception but whenever Link gets the Master Sword, if not just a better sword, it's always after some kind of trials. While the original Zelda is an exception to pretty much everything I say, it still has that. In any game Link goes through the same type of journey with some different contextsI'm not leveling criticism I'm just talking. These kinds of consistencies, carried over ever game along with others leads me to think of the Legend of Zelda as an example of creating a new fairytale but that's not what I'm talking about.

But in Breath of the Wild for the first time we see Link having the Master Sword before he's started on his journey and before he's gone through trials. He doesn't deserve the sword because he hasn't earned it. He's still in his wasteland of emotional isolation along with Zelda, he hasn't been (literally) woken up from it yet. Link gets punished for this and dies. It's only after Zelda wakes him up (literally) and he begins his journey properly that he's able to earn the Master Sword after going through trials set up by the monks because they knew what was going to happen. I've got more to say

This is why I think Link was killed but it's also why I think the green tunic was withheld. Link isn't a proper hero in the same sense as the others. It's only after the monks' trials have been completed that Link deserves the uniform, but he can only deserve it after he is killed, after he's punished for going against the story. His death allows him to be put into the correct sort of position to undertake the quest. It's what also leads me to think that his father is still alive pre-calamity. Every other Link has dead parents but now, when we have a Link who is disrupting the proper quest form, we have the possibility of him having a living parent in further defiance of the classic Link.

I think the same thing for the other characters, they learned about Ganon beforehand so they wanted to try to stop him before he really appeared. They tried to alter the Legend of Zelda by preparing for it, and they get punished. Basically knowing about Ganon before he shows up and planning on stopping him immediately is why they fail. Plotwise it's because they're overconfident and he takes advantage, but in the sense of the classic story being altered it's punishment for their actions.

For a Zelda game where they're shaking up the franchise a bit, it's ironic that they would have a game where they enforce the usual quest-form on the characters under pain of death, but that's just emphasis that they put more focus on gameplay rather than story

I swear i recognize that bridge layout. It's from Lake Hylia. We need some map comparison. Then again, it would be inaccurate.