>you work 2 jobs because wife wants to be a "full time mom"
>you paid the down payment
>you pay the mortgage
>you pay the utilities
>you pay for child care
>wife leaves you
>she gets the house
>she gets the kids
>she get's $2,250 a month in child support and alimony because she isn't working

Why is this sort of shit allowed in a "developed" country such as the US?

Other urls found in this thread:

veteranstoday.com/2011/11/21/your-military-service-will-be-used-against-you-in-a-divorce/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well before this system came into play, women were pretty much powerless. They had few opportunities in the workforce so for the most part they had to be wives, and hoped for a good man who would earn enough or more than enough to take care of the family, and hopefully not just desert them one day cause then they would be totally fucked.

But it's 2017 and the playing field isn't just equal, women often get in advantage in my book.

Ultimately what's going to happen is less and less people will marry. In 100 years we may not even have marriage anymore.

But the word's out, men who enter a golddigging marriage only have themselves to blame.

you use your brain and deal your very own marriage contract to avoid tragedy on unexpected outcomes like her brealing the coop and splitting your child life

or you dont andshitpost

>implying living with a girl for a year will not be considered common law marriage.

>implying girls or even prostitutes will not try to get pregnant in hopes of trapping you with child support.

There will be "marriage" one way or another, even if they change the name.

Prenup

>implying marriage contracts are not thrown out in court cuz the judge deemed it unfair or signed under duress.

This board should seriously identify everyone's age. Some of the stuff said is just a pure lack of wisdom and/or experience.

roll

I actually listened to an audio book called "black mans guide out of poverty." Which is written by a white guy ironically. But the first chapter is exactly about this, its noted that government assistance is part of government control with the intention of steering political views. It kinda makes sense since govnerment assistance "child support" is a liberal ideaology, and guess what, everyone lost their shit when a republican who speaks the truth won.

Because men get screwed in the divorce courts, marriage has effectively become obsolete.

Marriage was a way to balance out the inherent needs of the sexes to form the family unit. Men needed a legal safety net to recompense them for the time and resources they put in to raising a child. The woman, in turn, received these resources. Through this, you form the family unit.

Now, marriage is effectively obsolete because there are no repercussions for a woman getting a divorce. There is really no point to marriage - you are simply inviting the State in to arbiter marriage.

In fact, its ironic because women tend to fantasize about marriage being this romantic lovey dovey thing, when in reality its the most unromantic thing ever. You're simply inviting the State and lawyers to come into your "marriage" when you're ready for divorce.

I dont know about you but a contract doesn't sound very romantic to me.

>Why is this sort of shit allowed in a "developed" country such as the US?

Because cucks allow it. Just deny paying for all of it instead of crying about it on a japanese friendship forum

>be me
>meet girl on Veeky Forums
>really smart, pretty
>dating her for 7 years
>not common law married because we don't live in 1 of the 8 states that have it
>she does not want children

Go ahead, keep believing all women are awful. You'll be forever alone due to your own shitty beliefs.

The way I see it if a woman won't agree to a prenup (formally acknowledging the system is gamed in her favour) then she ain't worth marrying

Hope going out and adventuring during your youth is worth the misery that will be the rest of your life.

I've never known a single person with or without children that wasn't miserable and unfulfilled in some way. The difference between the two, besides the greater likelihood of financial stability without children, is that people with children tend to think of having children as some kind of an answer to that dissatisfaction in their lives.

Love The.surgeon or die
return of the surgeon is here

Love The.surgeon or die
return of the surgeon is here
im back hey guys its moots here

I love when my friends are shocked when I break up with chicks when I find out they have a lot of debt.

"user that's greedy of you"

"user love is more than that"

it's like they want to suck others into their shitty lives and poor choices to justify them

That's on them to make their life fulfilling. It is in our biology to reproduce and any denial of that is going against nature. "The Wall" is real and any woman saying they don't want children is either going to have an epiphany before it's too late or go in to batshit insane mode trying to snag any idiot that falls for it.
good on you, you're supposed to be the rock in her life, not the bitch.

>Start dating a virgin
>5'9 blonde blue eyed Scandinavian descent
>Get married
>Get wounded in Iraq
>Collect disability
>Wife makes $110k a year

I'm pretty insulated from this whole divorce thing.

>worst case scenario
veteranstoday.com/2011/11/21/your-military-service-will-be-used-against-you-in-a-divorce/
>Another tactic being used by attorneys is convincing court judges to award alimony and child support based solely on a totally disabled veteran’s disability compensation. This practice goes against established federal law which protects disability compensation from attachment in any legal process whatsoever. The disabled veteran is forced to give their VA disability compensation to their ex-spouse, or go to jail for contempt. Some civil court judges claim that they do not have to honor federal law in state divorce court.
Best bet is AG Sessions cracks down on that bullshit. But judging from this lefty political climate still, you'll have a hard time breaking through.

common law rarely holds up in court and even then does not result in a 50/50 split like a marriage.

95% of hookers don't wanna get pregnant with a Johns baby.

Very very well said.

Marriage is still the great fantasy of most women, but thanks to feminism and "equality" law few men share the same sentiment.

Most people that have kids have told me that having a child is the greatest joy you will know in life, and the single most special feeling you will ever have.

True a chick with a ton of CC debt is a red flag

> I don't want to take responsibility I wanna live in a princess fantasy where all my wishes are granted without working for it.

Because men allow it

C U C K
U
C
K

H O L D
O
L
D

>dating a girl u met on Veeky Forums

I did this once, and it was a fucking disaster.

or any brains whatsoever

How does one even meet a girl on Veeky Forums, like where would you even start that up

I'd sit in jail before I gave away a dime of that money. Sounds like a shit test.

this
hand cash stash to trustworthy senpai/friend with a safe tell her to fuck off

>They had few opportunities in the workforce
This is wrong. Poor women always worked. There were women business owners before the women's right movement. It was fat ass rich women that didn't work because they couldn't get in the top professions.

common law marriage only exists in 10 US states and requires both parties to have told people they were married and acted as if they were married

Meet up threads. Cam or exchange photos first so you know they ain't beast.

Well of course they are going to say that, but you have look in their dark baggy eyes to see the truth.

Bro I'm as MGTOW as it gets but prior to 1960 women could not do fucking shit. They could be secretaties and nurses and teachers and flight attendants.

They could take any of the real power rules or money jobs in society.

Yes of course there are historical exceptions, but these are exceptions like Mulan and other shit like that. The general rule for women was be a housewife or do a shit job of some kind of assisting.

To be blunt, men had a lot more power in society for a long time. But also to be fair men have to fight, go to war, suffer, do all the work in the dating game, etc...

The problem is the hippie movement and feminism swung the pendulum way too far in the other direction. Now we have articles online about "cyber rape" and people are taking this dumb shit seriously.

A reckoning is coming, and it starts with that gooftard Trump.

Why not just sign a prenuptual agreement?

>being a wagecuck

well I think there's your problem

Incredibly easy to overcome if her lawyer is good

Things like "changes in people and circumstances" or whatever. Also, courts (and life, really) are slanted in favor of women. If they are pretty, it is even easier; in court, if judge is a man and she's pretty it's easy, and if judge is a woman it's easy because she can "relate"

Due to my job, I talk to several different types of clients daily, and the only thing I've ever been told about marriage is to "never get married". Not a single client has ever told me it's great or that they enjoy it

And I've had the whole gambit of people tell me never to get married. 70 year old women, 70 year old men, 25 year old women, 25 year old men. I've heard countless horror stories (including one instance of incest, the girl with her father) and I'd honestly just rather not

>marry
>let your womine make the deal terms
>enjoy the ride
>implying you don't deserve everything

Prenups hardly ever hold up in court with an average divorce lawyer.

>falling for the marriage meme

you have only yourself to blame

I actually love my marriage very much, for what it's worth. I'm not telling you to get married, but I am surprised you've never heard anyone mention their satisfaction with their marriage/spouse.

It's not really a topic of conversation that should arise in my line of work, yet it routinely does

Could be it's that the levels of dissatisfaction when the marriage is bad is so great that they tell strangers, yet when marriage is satisfactory they have no overwhelming compulsion to brag to a stranger

Thrown out by judges more times than I can count.

Just an fyi the states make 2x what they collect in child support to put back into welfare. You pay $500, the feds send $1000 to the state for all de little nigglets.

This

Married guy here.

If you can find someone that's truly a partner in your life and an equal, then marriage can be great.

But often that's not the case, in which case, you should cut things short quickly. The guy that cuts women off that has credit card debt is bang on. Make sure that you earn the same and have the same net worth for your respective ages

And don't ever ever ever have kids unless you are pulling in seven figures. Not six, seven.

2 things spring to mind here.

1. Personally and most people I know, wouldnt be in relationships with women who work. Period. A womans place is in the home. If that is a concept is unacceptable to the female, then she is not the kind of woman you should be in a relationship with.

2. your idea that you shouldnt have kids unless you make 1million+ a year would be laughable if it werent tragic. That kind of logic is a major reason whites across the world have increasingly lower birthrates while nonwhite birthrates explode.

>And don't ever ever ever have kids unless you are pulling in seven figures. Not six, seven.

You got this part backwards. There are lots of tax benefits for people with kids making $25,000-$60,000

You fell for 'the dream'. Here's to you, sir.

> Oy vey, marriage is bad! Go enjoy yourself and spend your money on an empty hedonistic lifestyle instead!

I wonder who could be behind this post.

That's sad, do you really think that's a good thing?

>> most people I know, wouldnt be in relationships with women who work

I can see this attitude being prevalent in heavily religious communities (e.g. amish/taliban type thing) but I have never met anyone who actually believes this for real. In fact, it angers me just to hear about it, I won't lie. You and I obviously live in very different worlds. Within an extremely short time, if my wife wasn't at least trying to financially contribute, I'd start to feel used, alone, and resentful. Wouldn't you?

Again, as with the other poster, we must live in different worlds. Even with tax breaks, (lol) I'd be literally losing my shit if I made in that range and had a child on the way.

marriage is the biggest scam ever propagated against men other than maybe jew funded warfare

maybe it didn't used to be this way decades or centuries ago but whatever benefits marriage used to have has been shredded to pieces

ive met judges that preside over divorce court, his advice to our all male pre-law class

"NEVER get married"

they interviewed angelina's divorce attorney, her advice she gives to all her clients, NEVER get married, it takes a relationship between two people and adds a third, the state, why? you don't fucking know why, because there is no fucking reason why. it's completely absurd

>wah wah muh equal rights, muh women's libertation

FUCK OFF CUNTS, I want a kid, I'll hire a surrogate and a nanny, I want some pussy, I'll hire a hooker

women have succeeded in reducing marriage to an economic, zero sum transaction, congratulations ladies, you are now the highest liability, lowest asset component of this equation

Women don't view it that way for some reason. Has to do with their inability to realise there are 3 billion other holes to choose from of which your dick can go into. More men should have the investor mindset.

The marriage is a scam and the whole society will push you to marry you girlfriend. Don't fall for it my nigga

Nobody is saying you shouldn't get married however today women are basically rewarded for divorcing their husband. This should not be the case.
Women should be financially dependent on their husband to ensure that they will be loyal and do their fucking job of raising children.

>woman getting money for alimony is more important than disabled veterans livelihood

This can't be good for PR.

Can anyone think of one actual argument in favor of alimony? I understand child support, but alimony seems insane.

>you deserve this for existing within a a relationship

Every time I hear this it's about lost income, but if kid's are not involved, then why is lost income even a factor? No one is forcing her to sit around and home make. Also, homes are so God damn easy to maintain these days if you don't have a bunch of shit.

Welcome to merica'

>You got this part backwards. There are lots of tax benefits for people with kids making $25,000-$60,000
Jesus fucking Christ, guy; how wrong can you be?

I make $60k, alone, by myself, and sometimes it still doesn't feel like enough, and I don't even live extravagantly

I can't fucking imagine making this much money and having 1 or 2 kids. And I would 100% kill myself if I made TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND FUCKING DOLLARS and had 1 kid. I can't even imagine living on that amount of money

I think "7 figures" guy is exaggerating, but only slightly. 7 figures is the only way to be comfortable (because let's face it, there's like a 60% chance you're giving more than half your worth to her when she "steals" it legally), but you absolutely *must* make 6 figures to comfortably have children. I don't have kids, and I would never consider having kids, but if I were such a person then I wouldn't even consider it a remote possibility unless I earned 200k+

If you can't live alone with 60k a year, you're either living in a retarded city (San Francisco, Seattle, ect) or just bad at money. I make $54k live alone and still put more than half of my take home pay away plus 10% into 403(b). I still go out. I have a motorcycle and 2 cars.

My friend and his wife have a kid from her being a cumdumpster before they met. They filed jointly and got like a $12,000 return this year mainly due to the kid. That return alone is more than enough to put money away for the shithead's college and everything he could possibly need for the year (unless the kid gets cancer or something).

>Wouldn't you?
Absolutely not, as a man I feel responsible to take care of the finances, and make your wife comfortable taking care of the house and kids. What do you do with 6 figures and no kids? You're gonna be really bored when you're 80 and have no family left.

>thinking tax credits will be greater than the cost of raising a child.

Fuck your pol white guilt shaming. I make good money, can travel where ever on a weeks notice with my job, and answer to no one outside of work. I pay my taxes and obey the law. I dont owe my race shit, I never asked to be born and after I die why would I care anyway?

>seven figures to raise a kid

these are the most out of touch posts I've ever seen in my life.

>If you can't live alone with 60k a year
Okay, maybe if we read this slowly we might *read* it rather than *project* upon it

Here we go [ it's what I wrote, btw :^) ]
>I make $60k, alone, by myself, and sometimes it still doesn't feel like enough
>>sometimes
>>doesn't
>>feel
>>like enough
It *is* enough. It's definitely enough. But I want to just buy shit and then "lul who cares?" about it. I want to treat my friends pretty much all of the time, but 60k is still in a range that I can't just do whatever the fuck that I want, which I find to be less than satisfactory

Kids would also fuck this "plan" up

>tfw 22 with no kids or gf

Y-yes f-ight the system

>you didnt prenup
>you didnt spend time with the kids
>the child support part shouldnt be your problem if shes leaving you though

>divorce is illegal in my shithole

feels pretty good desu

>but I am surprised you've never heard anyone mention their satisfaction with their marriage/spouse.
Because people who are happily marries don't go around announcing "boy do I sure love my wife!" to random people. It's the ones who are miserable that want to share that misery with others to try and relieve a bit of their own burden.

I'm personally not getting married, but to say that a happy and successful marriage is impossible is just ignorant.

Cucks

Funny you say this.

I have heard many married people say that if it weren't for the contract and the ring and everything, if they were just living with the person that would have broken up with them long ago.

But do you realize how insane what you are saying is?

If you said, "well I love my gf very much and we live together and are happy"

I would say cool.

But you made sure to wrap that weight around your neck, that in the best case scenario, won't end up dragging you into the abyss.

>seven figures

Jesus dude your baby does not need solid gold diapers.

My brother makes $150k a year and him and his wife and kid live very comfortably.

And why is it good to be forced to stay in a situation you don't want to because of a contract?

Because you have to stay together your whole life if you want a happy family

If a contract is keeping you from running away you aren't a happy family.

You can be, you get over the painful things and stick together and make kids

>single
>high paying job
>own a house
>own a car
>already on the track to retire at 60, maybe 55 if I play my cards right
>best shape of my life physically
>plan on traveling every year pretty soon with PTO I never use

>countless women have tried to babytrap me
>still fuck them regardless
>have done it without a condom (pretty stupid desu)
>get leg locked when cumming and finish inside
>do this for weeks before dumping them

>mfw I'm sterile and haven't told a single person irl
>doc has told me it's impossible to have kids aside from maybe directly injecting via insemination

Living the dream finally lads. If I was told I'd be here even 6-7 years ago I'd have laughed.

>and sometimes it still doesn't feel like enough
are you retarded?
> But I want to just buy shit and then "lul who cares?"
> I want to treat my friends
Fuck me you moron

whew. The majority of shitty "relationships" could have been avoided if either party was being honest with themselves. Holy shit the amount of bad pairings I've seen in my life it's no fucking wonder. Get with a compatible mate, not one that you want to be with because she's got a nice rack, you'll more than likely be ok by the end of it. 15 years married here, happily. You don't hear from happy married people because who the fuck goes around talking about that? You will however hear everyone's grievances about their shitty relationships. Also, you should both fucking work, and have your own bank accounts in addition to a joint for joint expenses. Not that I expect any of the neets in here to even fathom any of this though.

what do you do?

Did you have a Vasectomy?

>you should both fucking work
so who took care of your kids during the critical first few years? grandma or consuela?

I plan to get a vasectomy and do this

These days people under 30 think it's acceptable to leave someone the second they get the case of the feel bads

Quite literally, yea. It was actually a mix of my mom, her mom, her sister alternating days during the week. My sons the best thing that's ever happened to me, seriously. But there's sacrifice that is simply not for everyone and that's totally fine. Don't fall for the without children you are nothing meme; not everyone should have kids and we'd better off if more people realized this.

I started out as a java programmer at $34/h. Quickly moved to management making $65/h currently.
Live pretty humbly in a 3 bedroom decently sized house, and an average Corolla. Never was one for big homes or fancy cars.

Born that way. Never really wanted kids anyway, but if I find the right person (I wont lel women are terrible) I'll still be able to look in to possibly having my own kid by unconventional means.

In fairness, your tax rate will get obliterated the second you get married and have a kid. The increase in take home pay might make up for what it costs to raise a child depending on where you live and who provides daycare.

As for how people survive on $25k with multiple children, that's what welfare is for. Single mom with two kids and a part-time job brings home the equivalent of about $60k a year once you factor in what the government provides.

I'm single and 30 and have seriously considered a Vasectomy.

I've pretty much given up on love, and don't want a child from a loveless union.

The idea of barebacking a lot of women with zero regrets sounds very very great.

It's okay, but I've heard reduced pleasure from orgasms. I don't know though, haven't researched it.