/ovg/ - blue lines eddition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Spam emojis on Discord
>hXmJrJr

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing rFactor, Forza and AC on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

gamespot.com/reviews/tokyo-xtreme-racer-3-review/1900-6085670/
youtube.com/watch?v=uceYB9GA13M
youtube.com/watch?v=nP0Jw8WEUDE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is the McLaren 650S considered a "leaderboard car" in Forza?

third for what is understeer

Any tips on reducing all this understeer I am getting?

try entering the corner like pic related

post rally webms

Select Your Shitbox server is up on the hurrdurring.

What are you talking about, that's also understeer. I think you are confused as to what understeer is, here let me show you.

Is anyone willing to join 30mins nordschleife race in caterhams at 20:00 utc? i wonder if i should even bother to make server config

i wouldn't hesitate to help car this cute either. poor little thing, spinning its little wheels, getting immobilized on little hill

Does anyone have serious input lag issues using a DS3 controller with scptoolkit on PCSX2? I've tried multiple games ranging from Gran Turismo 4, Midnight Club 3, and Shutokou Battle and all of them feel like I'm driving a semi truck. Shutokou Battle specifically is beyond unplayable, an MX-5 is equal to trying to steer three tanks roped together. V-Sync is off, framerate is also a stable 60.

I had to take care of some network stuff, but the Whiplash server should be back up.

SJPCRepair.ddns.net:13954

speaking to txr3, i have a plan for how genki can get the funds to make an actual good game

gamespot.com/reviews/tokyo-xtreme-racer-3-review/1900-6085670/

sue gamespot for slander, jew website takes a massive hit, make the mmo was talking about, easy fuckin money.

i wonder if sub 32 is possible

>txr3 includes a total of 15 vehicles
How can something like this even get written? Did the guy that wrote it even touch the game?

he clearly doesn't care much for what he's writing about, the article is flat as fuck

>bleeding basically all your speed in that first one

idk who or what has triggered your psychosis today but in that first webm you should approach the turn from much closer to the outside

i know it won't repair your broken mind and make you stop muttering "understeer... fucking understeer... how could he... understeer..." under your breath from the moment you wake up every day because someone had a passing complaint about a video game once, but at least your exit speed could be improved a bit

it's a meme, user. creator of this webm is probably long gone

>he hasn't seen the depths of psychotic autism gaming communities can reach

im willing to bet that guy is serious. ive seen that sort of behaviour dozens of times, both online and off

those webms are probably 3 years old now though

you should check out Veeky Forums sometime, someone's been doing shit like that in /agdg/ for longer than that, and /srg/ has had monkeyposting for ages too. /kspg/ is literally verboten at this point it's so cancerous

i want to believe. trolling goes way beyond reasonable limits nowadays, anyone could pretend to be angry kid, and i'm fairly certain we have this one person who's here exclusively to post dumb shit like this.

>one person
I think its at least two because I dont think that's rustposter

not that guy but off the top of my head, probably a hardware issue. emulation is shitty because computation power isn't like a bucket of sand that you have tons of of or not a lot of -- things are computed in very specific ways. Some computer equipment simply isn't built to handle that sort of calculation.

Why this is the case has to do with literal physical engineering -- physical chips can be optimized better than code for specific operations. It's why video cards outpace CPUs for video performance.

A modern PC can calculate anything given, and the key differences are the time it takes and how many levels of interpretation the problem and solution have to go through. But in early computing, things were much more rigidly defined, on much more rigid hardware, and not all of that hardware is still known nor has all the known hardware's engineering leaked, nor are there enough nerds who still care to understand or fucking reverse-engineer the known engineering. Some do exist, but please consider the capabilities of disjointed nerds on Discord and Github versus corporate-paid design teams doing 9-to-5 AND 1800-to-0800 shifts.

Anyway, the tl;dr is that to make the calculations that might have been trivial before is non-trivial now, and the way calculations were made at all may have been lost entirely over time.

Even modern emulators or modern consoles suffer from this; That one star wars X-Wing game on Gamecube is considered a holy grail of GC emulation because it has never, ever worked right. Wind Waker is a close second, because Nintendo is known for making games that never crash or fail graphics despite all other broken-ness, but WW was unplayable on Dolphin for a long time. It only became playable fairly recently, like in 2014 or something.

I'm probably way late to the party but I haven't been to /ovg/ in a loooooong time...

How is Forza 7? Good, bad, indifferent? I've heard some people say it's on the level of 4 but I'm still a little hesitant.

I stopped playing the series after you couldn't start a game without enduring a whole race series with all assists on, no ability to change the control options, and nonstop yammering "tips" in between.

from what i can gather, it's basically forza 6, 5, or 4 except with worse online play and loot boxes and "drivatar" cosmetic customization for some insane reason

>im willing to bet that guy is serious
Serious about believing that is understeer?

>How is Forza 7? Good, bad, indifferent? I've heard some people say it's on the level of 4 but I'm still a little hesitant.
where the fuck have you been hearing that? genuinely curious, it's by far the worst forza yet with online being worse than ever

online is unplayable btw, expect to be rammed every single race by 12 year olds. i can guarantee you will regret buying this piece of shit like so many people who complain in this very thread.

protip: no one but you understands why you're so upset because all you're doing is spamming webms of routine driving in arcadey car games

it's not even clear whether you're bitching about there being too much understeer, or about someone else complaining that there is too much understeer, or what

someone laughed at this webm
and then he just broke and started spamming webums while saying stupid shit

i think its alot of fun
t. rammer who hasnt played since forza 2

Steaming pile

>it's basically forza 6,
If only. 6 was actually ok even if the career was a bit stupid when you had to replay it. At least I didn't have to Wai weeks for an OPPORTUNITY to buy something or enter retarded events

ramming people is always fun, actually trying to race is actually impossible

you can also just get forza 6 if you want to ram faggots, forza 7 feels like the cheapest cashgrab in all of simracing

Literally your entire post is filled with assumptions.
I just asked a question about what you meant.
I neither made the webms or the posts related to the webms. So maybe cool down before you start jumping into peoples throat about "what is your god damn problem"

you are incredibly transparent

spam harder

>loot boxes
ech

I heard it from some reviews I highly suspected were shilling, sounds like my shillsense™ was on point. Though to be fair that's basically every game review anymore.

I was never all that impressed by the online anyways, what I enjoyed was the transparency into the simulation and channeling my autism into building and tuning the cars, and racing yourself time attack style. If that's gone there's not much for me.

And to be honest the AI is no better than aforementioned 12 year olds, I would constantly have to restart sim damage races because an AI did something egregious that would have gotten them black flagged. The banked sections on Daytona road course were a bloodbath, you would constantly be pitted and sideswiped while holding a line.

so you can't even accept you made a mistake on anonymous board? you faggots deserve each other

>channeling my autism into building and tuning the cars, and racing yourself time attack style.
Don't under any circumstances buy 7 then

people who cry about getting love tapped in racing games are pathetic but yes, you should indeed stick with whatever other forza game you have rather than picking up 7. at the very least, there's nothing new

Much appreciated.

I'm kinda sad now, GT Sport doesn't look like it can scratch that particular itch either.

get gran turismo 6 if you don't care about being unable to rice your vehicle

can't we all just get along

>female dies in an MMO

"""female"""

6 isn't bad especially if you don't car about the online and it should be cheap af rn with all additional content

I liked this guy when he was just androgynous without deluding himself.

online is a significant upgrade in comparison to forza 7, it also has no dlc and many cars, even the premium number is decent

probably the best complete feeling simracing game available right now. project cars, AC, and rfactor all have a shitty vibe and i don't like them at all, gran turismo still feels like a video game and has an amazing car selection to boot

WHY PROJECT CARS SUCK!
youtube.com/watch?v=uceYB9GA13M
JAMES BTFO

>project cars, AC, and rfactor all have a shitty vibe
they're full of tryhards and have shitty graphics and are missing basic gameplay features

for all the memeing out about tire models, they've completely ignored things like "lighting" and "controller support"

Caterhams were suprisingly fun on the ring, shame it was so unpopulated. it ended up with pleasant little duel. So, that concludes caterhams, yet another halfway dead series. Thanks everyone for participation, i guess i'll try a bit harder if one day i decide to start some kind of series again. Or revive caterhams, those cars are fun.

good combo, wrong game m8

>they're full of tryhards and have shitty graphics and are missing basic gameplay features
yeah but i don't think tryhards have much to do with it, tey just feel empty and completely unfinished compared to gran turismo, forza also has this issue to an extent

i feel like these games are giving me clinical depression when i play them

they're devoid of any sense of wonder or fun or positive or negative reinforcement, and the harsh lighting and poor graphics exacerbate it because it looks like the sort of simulator you'd see in a school rather than a video game meant for fun use. there's also generally very few tracks, very few cars, and what few cars and tracks are boring, and only the most boring ones are ever played online (muh gt3 on spa, muh hurrdurrring)

they're also mostly dlc-laden microtransaction garbage

>controller support
Silly user, didn't you realize that the $60 price for a copy of Project CARS doesn't actually guarantee you a game you'll be able to play without giving an entirely different company upwards of $300? You're such a fucking moron. I can't believe you don't expect your fun little bedroom hobby of playing video games to cost more than buying a shitbox car.

Now that the dust has settled, the arrows were definitely green

Image in the last thread definitively proves that the arrows were blue

cunt

If you aren't willing to pay the price to git gud, you don't deserve to play video games. They are a career, not a hobby. Go big or go home, you fucking poorfag.

there's no progression

they're pretty easy games but there's nothing that really happens as you play them. they are literally unrewarding in that they both literally don't reward you with new cars or tracks or whatever as you play the game because there is no game progression at all, as well as figuratively unrewarding in that they are just too easy to play and there's so little penalty for failure that there is little chance of a sense of personal accomplishment when you play.

even flight sims generally have a career mode or missions with pass/fail states other than "use movement controls to proceed to some point at your own pace"

Tell me what you see

>lighting
hahahahahahahaha
just buy a lamp you moron

How do we fix /ovg/?

bring sj back

Racing more whiplash

Garry's Mod racing.

sj is a retarded child who needs to hang himself

youtube.com/watch?v=nP0Jw8WEUDE
what does he say?

>sj is a games developer, bassist in a rock band and gets mad pussy
fixed

i feel like ovg made him bad, and not the other way around, and him leaving left ovg as it is but sj got better

whatever you say sj

it's not just /ovg/, other communities that sj was in before like facepunch brought out the worst in him too. he probably realized after a while there's more to life than trying to organize series and muh generals

your mum faggot
>sample race line from screenacap of the webm
>modify saturation and value without touching rgb scales
>base color is definitively blue
>huuuurrrr it green

personally, i feel all gaming and tech-related communities are terrible and damaging, and im only here because i literally dont know anything else

>he's still angry about this
Just accept that green means go kill yourself

He's just stateing how the message of his pCars2 video might have been misunderstood and that he doesn't completely hate the game. He did mention that in the "controversial" Nordschleife video aswell. The point of it was just to see how the game performs out of the box and while he does understand that the default setups of the cars might be different, he doesn't understand all the complaints about how settings like FFB and shit were wrong and how he should have spent all that time to make it work. The game should just work right away
He also denied the claims of him being on any devs payroll.
Finally he also talked about having a new PC, so he hopefully won't have the graphics glitches in R3E anymore and announced real-life vs game comparison videos on iRacing, rF2, FM7, GT Sport and maybe redoing the AC and pCars2 videos with the PC version instead of the Xbox version

good thing it wasnt green then faggot

>The game should just work right away
if only people understood this instead of making excuses for devs because they feel like investing time unnecessarily equates to dedication and skill

>he doesn't understand all the complaints about how settings like FFB and shit were wrong and how he should have spent all that time to make it work. The game should just work right away
i dont undestand this pair of clauses' relation to eachother. please reformulate your post.

I admit, I worded it badly.

indirect quote from ~2:00
"It's a simulation, so I shouldn't have to set up stuff for hours until I finally get a realistic driving feel. If I'm wrong, alright but that's just the way I see it"

> investing time unnecessarily equates to dedication and skill
welcome to the FGC

naw, sj was just one of those autists you always hear about in /v/ threads.

i swear a couple of threads ago it came out he was just an arma 3 freeware modder.

>making game mods isn't development

i once made a script for half-life to increase the damage of headcrabs from 10 to 35, guess i'm a game developer now

Honestly, they kind of are. You don't earn any credit for them and a lot of the stress of trying to run shit builds up with very little reward coming out of it especially for internet communities. A lot of the shit I pulled with falling out of communities isn't actually me but rather the stress blowout as a result of trying to juggle said pointless bullshit with meaningful bullshit at the same time. The sad thing is it took me until 2016 to realize it in my last semester of university. Since then I tend to do what I want and when I want to rather than a bunch of people telling me to do shit for them, fuck those people.

That being said, I will be hosting a one time event using Whiplash from February 9th to February 11th if I remember to and I'm not in California by then. Show up if you want or don't, doesn't matter to me. Here's your one time meme of >SJ is back

>using Whiplash
>one time event
>in fucking February
you could host races daily and you would out-populate other events easily

Let me clear this up for a moment. The primary mod isn't an Arma mod, but rather what is a total conversion mod using the Source Engine. While it is true we don't plan on using it for financial gain at the moment, we are making great progress with it and almost made it into the top 100 mods of the year. When it'll be done, it'll be something to reflect on to talk about game design.

What happened with Arma is a bunch of guys just decided to run three months straight of Arma, which was fun and I saw a few people from /ovg/ show up. In other servers outside of racing games I've seen people from /ovg/ on my servers, including Kira who played Jedi Academy with us.

But it's not as fun when you get something all the time. In addition, the delay means enough time to spread the world, so you'll see more than just /ovg/, /ogc/ and pretend /ogc/ there. I don't want to call it chanwide, but you should have at least a few hundred showing up that weekend.

you know forza would improve tenfold if they included trackday servers on a few tracks that let me use the cars in game with the ability to stop in the pits and make setup adjustments. have nords and one other hopper with other shit on rotation

What happened to Kira?

Same thing that happens to a lot of people: they stop playing. A lot of people I knew disappeared and went on to do other things besides their original games they hosted or played—few I keep in touch, most not really. On the flipside, I've also seen new hosters and new players this year I haven't seen before running games and in most instances dead games nobody would even figure would be enjoyed again. I've had at least two instances so far of developers showing up to play out of gratitude.

git gud

>but you should have at least a few hundred showing up that weekend.
are you baked

Holy shit this game is fun.

>jump into random public lobby
>30 min race on hockenhiem in GT3s
>literally only crash I've seen was at the first corner
>30 mins of close racing and good battles

I'll admit, FFB feels meh compared to AC, the mclaren handled a lot differently than I expected an MR car to, felt wayyyy too planted.
BUT the racing was much better, the penalty system isn't ass-backwards retarded (it's not great either) and there were very little Italians.

7/10, will race again.

fuck off R3E shill. pcars2 is clearly better

if there really are a few hundred active whiplash players in the entire world i'll delete AAARG.RAW from WHIPLASH\FATDATA

>the crew 2 is the only hope for a flying game and long term freeroam game on xbox to hold us till fh4
god help us all

>xbox
god help you

>GT3
>Fun
Pick one