/ink/ - Splatoon General

PREVIOUS THREAD SPLATOON 2 IS NOW OUT

Direct Link to current thread: splatoon.ink/ink/
Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- The next NA/EU Splatfest is Mayonnaise vs Ketchup, to be held in the first weekend of August.
- Splatoon 2 needs 3.1 GB of space to install
- The first Switch My Nintendo rewards are Splatoon 2 equipment (Japan exclusive so far) includes:
Splatoon 2 FA-11 Custom Gear (Switch)
Splatoon 2 Ika V Collaboration Gear (Switch)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!
-The Inkbrush is out now!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Splatoon 2 Weapon Stats
- imgur.com/a/eV8p0

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Discord

- why are you reading this?

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

> if you want to add your friend code before splatoon goes out use this:
docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfrpLqYcIcxHjNbeVoBql4HDGqUseArmbUePz71gXqBgHlHtA/viewform?usp=sf_link

I WANT TO GENOCIDE SALMON

Ink brush is pretty fun desu

I had this game pre-ordered and picked it up on the day of the release.

I just started playing a few minutes ago and I cannot play because my connection is so shitty.

How much bandwidth does this game take up?

:-(

womby!

All the bandwidth

It's not really about bandwidth

Just had my first loss by 1p. Somehow it feels worse than losing by a lot.

when does grizzco open

fuck i smell so bad why the fuck am i splatting instead of showering

15 hours

I need a new wallpaper for my phone, gimme something fresh /ink/

woomy

Who actually plays as a boy squid/kid? Like, besides 9 year olds who think girls are icky.

Me, now that they have hair options that don't suck.

>playing as a girl
are you gay or something?

If your farther then two(2) rooms away from your modem then rip to any plans you had playing online except in handheld mode for some reason?

so I did some testing with Ink Resistance to see how the new version looks like. The webm is from a Japanese player testing the run speed but I wanted to test the other aspects. Lef to right is 3 main 2 main 1 main btw.

2 main seems to be Splatoon 1 Ink resistance, your jump height is unaffected same and you can run pretty damn fast. 1 is weaker of course but still lets you jump a little bit higher and lets you swim through those small chunks which I think is more than enough to win duels. 3 is complete overkill.

>Love how the NZap handles and its kit
>My autism makes me dislike using a fucking NES Zapper instead of a Supersoaker

I bet you use the antisocial faggot swoop hair. Faggot.

All right squids, which one of these is most fresh

I really hope they add more hairstyles later, I don't like any of the new ones for the girl inkling
I can't see it happening though

Yeah.

Me, so that if a person is watching me play they don't see me playing as an underaged girl

>yfw you see your teammate running with the rainmaker back to your base

>The webm is from a Japanese player testing the run speed
I mean Ink Resistance running speed* of course, I was more curious about jumping and swimming which he didnt test

I didnt think it was possible for an inkling to look like white trash, but there you go

>Playing as a boy
What, do you wanna stare at the spaghetti's ass or something, you fruit?

bottom right is my favorite hat in the game

disgusting

I'm a boy, so I'm a boy

DISCUSSION TIME! So far, what's the faggiest/ ugliest clothing you've seen so far in Splatoon 2? Because some clothes is so unfresh. For me? that ugly parachute thing shirt, and then the edgy 2000s hot topic clothing line. Bonus, either of those with the guy ponytail hairstyle is especially unfresh.

bottom left*, 3

>tfw your woomy is in this
How long ago was this made? I haven't been here in ages

i dont think you know what white trash means user

The dynamo is so fucking worthless now

Bottom left

THIS HAPPENED TO ME LAST FUCKING GAME AND THEY CAPPED BECAUSE OF IT, IM STILL ANGRY

You worried mom and dad will see you playing a child's game and actually think you playing a girl is even worse?
That's fair.

Well I'm a girl(male) so I play the girl!

Getting my copy of Splatoon 2 this weekend
Are the dualies as fun as they look?

So what does it mean when your ranked xp bar cracks?

It means you lost. You lose half a bar once it cracks enough times.

How do I change my splatoon name so it's not just my switch account (which is my name) showing up?

When you dodge-roll with the dual guns, do you get iframes?

You don't.

I hate those ugly as fuck face masks
The samurai armor is still ugly as shit
The bike helmet makes you look like you're special needs

If it gets too many cracks, it breaks and you lose points. If that brings you below a certain threshold of points (marked by the little line that says "OK") you go down a rank.

/pol/ is thataway, bud

It's the attached Mii name.

Dualies are so fucking good. They're a great balance between covering a good amount of ink and killing people. Psyching out people with the dodge is funny as fuck too.

Hm, interesting change

>le /pol/ boogyman meme
>>>/reddit/

Thank fuck, Imma go home and switch from to my actual username. No one needs to know that shit or think I'm some 9 year old.

What sensitivity settings should I be using? I feel like I'm doing it wrong.

It has nothing to do with racism, it's just that inklings look terrible with the darkest skin.

Also, it seems that the number of cracks is linked to the average level of the team that beat you; I'm currently C- at splat zones, and while cracks don't show up if the full team is C- and loses to a team with a C on it, it does crack if we lose to a team that's all C- when a person of rank C is on the team.

Why did I ignore the Slosher for so long? It's great and fun.

>both genders are locked

is your game bugged?

I'm just using the default and it's been working great

Controller up to at least 0. Motion down a bit. This makes it easier to aim and then fine tune once you get used to it.

I like people thinking im a 9 year old.

All inklings are beautiful user

4 to 5.

>be me, a black squidkid, thinking that /ink/ is atleast safe from NIGGGEEERRR raving
>It's not
And people wonder why i decline to discord and sutff like that .

high motion mid high stick
you'd think it would be harder but even with little tremors being able to navigate the entire screen in a small motion is important
less high sensitivity more broader radius

Does assists count as splats?
I seem to be getting more splat on the score screen than I remember.

Nobody cares about your skin color, faggot.
Stop blogposting.

I saw it posted here before, but which level was the best for farming eggs to upgrade your weapons in story mode?

they do. Go to Splat Net for a proper breakdown

OH god the bike helmet AND the parachute shirt things makes me want to murder. Being killed by an asshat who wears both is awful.

I'm secretly glad that Nintendo will never get voice chat right

My Switch is in my room which is next to the living room that has the router. It is a 3 room apartment that is fairly small. So there is literally no way to play the game unless it's directly next to the router? What determines this if it's not bandwidth or traffic? Handheld mode works better?

same, I don't know why the fuck people wanted it in splatoon

I WANT THE OLD SONGS BACK

HE DOES IT

why bother?
you can buy lvl 3 shooter by area 3
game is cake after that

place your bets /ink/

>think Veeky Forums isn't going to use slurs

you're a pretty dumb nigger

5ghz wifi is not good at going through walls. Try 2.4 ghz

>someone seabags me at the beginning of the match
>proceed to kill them 4 times throughout the game

If you want replicas it's easier to just blow through everything with Level 3 stuff

Are you new to Veeky Forums or something?

use the amiibos, they give you the old songs from the game and there is a 6.5% chance of appearing in a actual match

When are the servers coming nintendo? The lag still sucks.

Wow. Four. We got a badass here guys.

Has anybody tried the Splattershot Pro?

Who the hell approved these clown shoes? Every fucking pair of shoes is like a size 40

reddit is the other way faggot

The thread is ruined by niggers, go figure.

which amiibos
i have all but the sisters

Just like everything else

Snow Delta Straps looks fine.