BMW makes the best most reliable performance vehicles the world has ever seen

BMW makes the best most reliable performance vehicles the world has ever seen.

You should ease into it, m8. Like post a pic of a BMW and ask how reliable they are and go from there.

Enjoy your "lifetime" tranny fluid that never needs changing oh & btw you CANT change unless you crack open the transmission, faggot.

Thats because its everlasting trans fluid!!!
It designed to last forever and beyond.!!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You're a fucking idiot. They've been doing the "sealed" transmission thing since the 90s.
Pro tip that doesn't mean you need to "crack it open" just that it doesn't have a dipstick and service interval
Most people have no business checking their own fluid anyway lmao

Lifetime /=/ your lifetime, more so the lifetime of the product.

Too bad the “lifetime” a a bmw product is a bit less than 4 years.

Ah yes parroting the BMW is unreliable meme
Again it's not how long it lives rather how long it's in production and sold
Same is applied to tools or anything with a "lifetime warranty" lol

The funny part is your one of those dumb faggots who thinks a bit under 4 years is an acceptable “lifetime” for a vehicle to function properly. When japanese car manufacturers have been making cars that function properly for 4.5 times longer than that for the last 30+ years.
You are the definition of what a shilled cuck is.

I know this is a bait thread posted by the same facebook bmw meme autist but i'll just leave this here to trigger bmw unreliability meme autists.

>being this stupid and triggered to believe that all the Veeky Forums BMW hate stems from just one single FB user.

My BMW is 20 years old and functions properly lol
Yeah maybe I should take a lesson from you and drive some slow boring poorfag shit because it's "reliable" and was easy for someone with a lukewarm IQ to grasp

What dhe fug
Everything here looks completely wrong to be, but that's probably because it's for 2017 cars. Is modern Honda really that unreliable? And BMW one of the most reliable?

No business checking their own fluid? Wow faggot I bet you pay people to change your own oil too, what a homo.

Fake news!!

>My BMW is 20 years old and functions properly lol

You ha e litterally had to change the fuel pimp and crumbling window trim once every other year for any of that fiction to be true.
Also that isnt even your actual car.
Kys faggot.

>implying you havent had to do anything more than routine maintenance

Regardless, your 20 year old BMW is poorfag shit

bmw's great at engineering reliability for the first three years, which is the lease period, but they have poor long term testing

70,000 miles on the clock and its time for the dismantler, anyone who says otherwise is subhuman trash.

Are you drunk? You’re typing like a retard

no, it's time to pick up a wrench and maintain your fucking car

Dimb phone and fat thumns, but i dont beed yo explaine myselg

Fyi you're not special because you change your own fluid. Anyone can do it and you're a faggot for trying to feign superiority cause of it.

One of my buddies just bought a new civic and the interior is falling apart. Hell even the door handle is loose. Hell the dealer won't help either, they told him it was like that from the factory and they wouldn't do anything.

Maybe i already do that to a car thats worth maintaing. Derp kys

How much do they pay you to maintain the city bus?

pretty much any bmw pre 2006 is absolutely worth maintaining, especially the suspension bits.
they all drive significantly better with new bushings and such

I thought it was standard for dealerships to have factory warranties for new cars?

Mine’s an 07 and still perfect at 100k miles. Still handles really well but I’ll probably change the bushings anyway.

>BMW's are unreliable t. Veeky Forums
Meanwhile I am dailying an old V12 7 series with a fuck you budget and 500k km on the clock. Still going strong.
The thing isn't even "that" expensive to maintain as long as you are confident in getting your hands dirty and not take it to the dealership for every single little thing.

Gonna keep driving this thing for a couple more years and then might get my hands on some of that sweet 8 series ass or some slightly newer 6 series.

didn't you spend like 5 grand the first year on relatively minor maintenance items?
i love the e38 but i don't understand the 750 appeal

I might have. The transmission of the E38 might have exploded when I let my old man take her out to town.
The replacement parts might have been in the 2.5k€ ballpark and a new gasket set around 500€.
Fluids and filters were another 300€, new spark plugs that I swapped too were another 170€.

But the E32 has been cheap, reliable and trouble free I swear.

The appeal of the 750 is that V12 life doe. The fact that even later cars can't fuck around with you, that effortless power, that torque, that minimalistic rumble that turns into a screech from hell when it hits 4k RPM. It's like a drug and I love every second of it. Would happily drive only V12 BMW's the rest of my life.

the m62 makes about as much power as the v12 though?

The v12 is a laughable boat anchor.
Anyone who is so childish to be wowed by the word v12 needs adult supervision and should not be allowed sharp objects

Nah, not really aside for the rare Alpina ones.
M60 engines, old ones at least, topped off at around 280hp on paper while the M70 and M730 were at 300 and 330 on paper. I dynoed my M70 at 322 and M73 at 340 though.

Also the torque is about 50 or so Nm more on the V12 than on the V8's, on top of being a lot smoother and the power curve being smoother on the V12.

Isn’t the 540i lighter though?

And yeah I’ll bet the engine is much smoother in general, since it’s basically 2 inline-6’s. I also like how it sounds much more than the V8.

Of course it is lighter, the 750's usually reside dangerously near if not over the 2 ton mark.
Also funny thing, the M62TUB35 engine in the E39 produced more power than the same engine in the E38 7 series for reasons unknown. Proably slightly different ECU tuning or some shit.

I've heard that the major choke point for the M70 and M73 engines are the ECU tunings, apparently the engines could effortlessly push out way more power with proper software.

they wouldn't do anything for him. I'd raise hell if I were him.

>I've heard that the major choke point for the M70 and M73 engines are the ECU tunings
I’m guessing bmw decided on a more conservative timing for the V12, since it is a more complicated engine and they were concerned about longevity.

I wonder if the software exists already.

That is his actual car lmfao

>BMW
>Reliable

Enjoy your repair costs, sealed transmissions, and fucked vanos systems.

>Problem per 100 vehicles
>lowest is 72
>if you have a car, you have between 72% and 163% chance of it going wrong
>people arguing that 88% vehicle having a problem is low

Modern jap reliability is a meme, can confirm

Consumer reports is better.

Consumer reports puts BMW ahead of Honda and Toyota too.
BMW unreliability is a shitty meme.