/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk about Sonic stuff! Share art and music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more.

/sthg/ #838 - Nightmare Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsSonic News<
Many Details of Mania Revealed at SDCC: Animated Intro, Special Stages, Story, etc.
www.tssznews.com/2017/07/22/sdcc-2017-special-stage-in-sonic-mania-revealed-story-details/

IDW and SEGA Enter Publishing Deal; Will Be Speaking to Fan-Favorite and New Creators
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/888538195045998592
twitter.com/IDWPublishing/status/888536084472352770

Sonic Forces "Enter Infinite" Trailer & Theme of Infinite
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

Archie Sonic Officially Cancelled; Not the End of Sonic in Comics
twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/887809496898088960

Several Sonic Events Happening at San Diego Comic-Con 2017
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sounds-of-sonic-music-event-set-for-san-diego-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-mania-behind-the-scenes-panel-at-comic-con/
sonicstadium.org/2017/07/sonic-augmented-reality-experience-coming-to-sdcc/

>General Interest Links

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13520540
pastebin.com/UC0jC1xW
youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZuAq-KRx8
gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=playstation4&y=2017&m=06&d=13&WeblogPostName=head-of-sonic-team-talks-bringing-custom-characters&GroupKeys=games/sonic_forces/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Mania's gonna get delayed again

Taxman needs to fucking answer for this.

sonic was and never will be good

>People will still be mad at SEGA for delaying Mania

post awful fan-made sonic character redesigns / reboot premises

what was the context of these? Were those glitches they fixed and were showing to justify the delay? Or were they showing the game off and kept encountering glitches during the presentation?

Apparently Stealth said it was his fault for the Eggman glitch occuring.

they were intentionally showing game glitch footage for laughs. they're part of a slideshow, it seems

These are disgusting.

I'm just going to repost these since I didn't even notice the last thread was dying, sorry if this bugs anyone. For those curious these were glitches they found during development of the game. During the Mania panel at SDCC they were showing them off since they were entertaining. They've fixed them now of course.

I think it's pretty much the first one. They were most likely fixed thanks to the delay. Imagine if the game was released with those fuck-ups.

This one

Knuckles Glitch.

Hi everyone, make sure to get your vote in when we do these polls, it's awkward making final decisions when we only have a tally of 10 votes.

The current poll is "How should levels be entered (If this became a full thing)?", since this is a hub we need to be aware of how something like this will fit into the design and theme (museum).

Currently the options are:
>Big Ring - A preview of the level is inside the ring
>Painting - Like Mario 64
>Display Case - Miniatures of the level will be inside the case, upon selection Sonic will either flashback to the level, fall through a trap door or launched via spring
>Other - Submit your own!

I saw someone was interested in a door idea so I'd like to hear your thoughts on it.

strawpoll.me/13520540

My nightmare last night was that Penders was the guest of honor for a Sonic convention.

Makes enough sense to me. I don't have the code in front of me, but I think I get why this happened and it's hilarious.

And their favorite glitch that happened.

everyone but the girl looks somewhat ok, but why is amy a fat fuck and sally a cripple

I genuinely cannot express in words how much I hate this.

If I remember correctly, the Eggman one was caused by Stealth making a branch of the project and not copying a sprite file, so it wasn't really a bug and shouldn't have anything to do with the delay.

it gets worse. like, i'm pretty much sjw trash but their writeups for these designs are really really fucking obnoxious.

i regret saying that, now even the males look like shit

Sonic: Okay, not changed too much.
Tails: Cool, got some goggles
Knuckles: o-okay, leather jacket is a bit wei-
Amy: WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
Sally: It's gonna be hard to run missing a foot. But seriously, what the fuck is the point of that?

So what 10 fighters would Sonic and friends pick if they had to compete in the Tournament of Power?
>Sonic
This one is obvious.
>Knuckles
He's tougher than the rest of them.
>Shadow
The ultimate power.
>Metal Sonic
>Gemerl
>Omega
There's already literal robots competing, so why not. Also two of them can copy the opposition.
>Rouge
The rest of Team Dark is already there, so why not have the trained spy? Also, she can naturally fly, which is a huge advantage.
>Silver
You fuckers wanted Future Trunks, here you fucking go.
>Chaos
Why not? Kinda hard to grab a puddle.
>Espio
As a Chameleon, he can hide pretty well. He's also a ninja, which is useful. Keep in mind weapons are banned, so no shuriken, sadly.

Some characters that won't make it in and why.
>Tails
He can fly and Spin Dash, but Battle has him feature weapons that he won't be allowed to use, which limits his usefulness. He's smart, but so are Rouge and Espio and the robots.
>Amy
Weapons are banned, so no Piko-Piko hammer.
>Big
Tard strength aside, the team already has other heavy hitters.
>Cream
Not really an eager fighter if Battle is anything to go by.
>Blaze
She's from another dimension and not a native to Sonic's universe. If anything, she and Marine might be competing against Sonic and friends. Or maybe their universe is just conveniently except.
>Charmy
Ha.
>Vector
He's strong, a good detective, and breaths fire, but others have that covered.
>Sticks
No boomerang. Or anything else.
>Your OC from Forces
No Wispons allowed.
>Infinite
Probably dies in Forces.
>Tikal
Already dead.

OH FUCK WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO BARK?!

Not all of us are watching DBS right now, user. You've gotta give context for what the ToP entails.

>Chaos 0>Big the Cat/Vector

>Amy and Shadow are no longer hedgehogs, decided to make Sonic the only hedgehog. To be honest I didn’t settle on what species Amy is supposed to be, though she has some bunny-esque features, but Shadow was based off of tasmanian devils.

>Amy is now a witch, and her Piko-Piko Hammer acts like a magical girl wand and broom. She’s a spring witch, casting those yellow and red springs you see in Sonic levels from her hammer, which are also two springs!

>The second Blaze is just her without her sleeves and with her hair untied, to show what her paws and hair look like.

>Jet is based off of a peregrine falcon

>Bark the Polar Bear is now a girl.

There's a shitload more text and it's almost all fucking awful. pastebin.com/UC0jC1xW

Off the top of my head, eight universes with ten fighters each, for a total of 80 fighters. The losing universes will be erased. It's a battle royal free-for all which lasts 48 minutes. Killing is not allowed. Ki can't be used to fly, so Goku and Vegeta can't fly around but if you have wings you're good. You eliminate your opponents by knocking them off the arena, which is shaped like a giant spinning top. Weapons are not allowed. There are however, robots competing in the actual tournament.

But this is not Shadow
This is Mephiles

user, clearly that is Shadow the Tasmanian Devil. he's not an alien or a genetic experiment anymore, he's just a soldier. how could you possibly be confused?

Whose signature is that below Iizuka's?

Fuck, now the franchise looks like Overwatch.

Some more thought on who can't be in.
>Mephiles
fucking dead
>Chip/Dark Gaia
Too big.
>The Babylon Rouges
No Extreme Gear, probably.
>Fang/Nack/whatever
No weapons.
>Eggman
Mechs would probably count as weapons. He's already contributing with Metal, Gemerl, and Omega. He's arguably contributed to the whole damn roster, since he's arguably the reason any of them know each other.
>The Deadly Six
Nah. Having Metal Sonic is enough to put Sonic and pals on edge, and they aren't that desperate for members.
>Wisps
Shut the fuck up Iizuka.

Aaron Webber's?

Here's the rules. youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZuAq-KRx8

at least overwatch characters all look cool, user. i mean, yeah, overwatch is a whole lot of #diversity going on, but never to the sheer degree of tokenism this hack wants.

can we talk about how stupid it is to think knuckles is supposed to be black because his shoes happen to be red, green, and yellow? i don't have any problem with people drawing dark skinned knuckles in fact it's my preference but the way she describes it is just. so stupid.

I wonder why Sonic Team decided to make Knuckles' muzzle dark brown just for Adventure 2.

I'm going to buy this when it comes out and we're going to play! Hopefully one of our talented VA anons will still be around and someone will offer to narrate

I'm all for (actual) diversity, but the Overwatch cast is a clusterfuck of soulless clichés which are ironically more offensive by their shallowness than anything else. Also I hate encasing people in identity boxes. But yeah, the designs look cool. Too bad they're ruined by the awful fluff.

Well this is the 90s, Knuckles have dreads, lives on an island, knows so deep lore and have a percussion-based theme in Sonic 3. He's totally a Rastafarian.

I guess I have shit taste because this is pretty cute. Magician Amy a cute

I actually like these ones

I thought they were green socks, not ankle bracelets (whatever that is in english)

Wasn't that trash praised on /sthg/ because it's done by some celeb or something?

Grotesque Victorian, so cool, so deep. Do not criticize pls

the proper term is foot necklace

there were actual people that unironically like these designs. Im not joking

>Wasn't that trash praised on /sthg/
I distinctly remember it was posted sometime last year and most people here hated it. We were constantly arguing about them for what seemed like weeks. It got to the point where one person kept posting the designs and others would immediately start spamming the bait pictures

>fedora on shadow
why do people try to make shadow so edgy???

we can't forget this, now.

Oh my god, was it really? That's extremely sad.

fucking kill me

I can get Sonic through Knuckles, but everything after that is a resounding why. Sally's redesign is also pointless when Bunnie exists.

I had almost completely repressed my memory of this terrible video, thanks.

sonic needs to be more vulnerable user

true design innovation is a backpack

Pretty sure those were done by Skelly, and only as a simple "what if Sonic was in the style of something else" instead of actual serious "I'd like to see this in the games" redesigns. For shits and giggles, in other words, and not something serious like or So while I'm not particularly interested, I also see no reason to shit on it either.

Is there a complete collection of the Archie comics or at least the first 100 issues?

I thought I saw one in a Books A Million years ago

Great, now he looks like generic Indie character #2403

>boomcucks will defend this

I like that design, Sonic the Fighters me irl

Can western artists draw something without shoving some kind of pc horseshit in there?

There's a Mega link with most of them in the OP, but I don't know about printed.

Fuck, the Boom designs are so horrible. They had no idea why Sonic's design was so eye catching and iconic.

That's why I love artists like Yoto, Sketch, and Toby, who all try to draw the characters on model while still leaving a bit of their own personal touch.

Red & Yellow Sonic, when?

Why is Yellow Sonic so shy?

Dude needs to drop the ROM already.

gameinformer.com/themes/blogs/generic/post.aspx?WeblogApp=playstation4&y=2017&m=06&d=13&WeblogPostName=head-of-sonic-team-talks-bringing-custom-characters&GroupKeys=games/sonic_forces/

>I've been working on Sonic for a really long time, and I've been getting a lot fan-mail for a really long time - for like 20 years - and a lot of the fan-mail, even 20 years ago, people were saying, "Hey check out this drawing of Sonic I did," and "Hey, check out this character I made that's in the same style or look of Sonic the Hedgehog." I've been constantly receiving these fan drawings or custom-created ideas, so even from 20 years ago, I had this understanding that fans enjoyed creating and existing in this world. I wanted to let people to do that to some extent, but I think the spark started a long time ago when I saw all of these people creating Sonic-type stuff. I understood that Americans like creating their own stuff, so this whole understanding how American fans are interacting with the character was the seed that was planted a long time ago. It just so happens that now we have the skills, the technology, and the team is making a representative world of Sonic the Hedgehog with characters that fit into our world. Players can now go in and make what they want with the format of the series. Fans have been making stuff - we're very aware of that - and we hope they like the content that has been created. But really, the genesis was a really long time ago, seeing all of the created pictures coming into me.

What OCs do you think Iizuka was shown?

Is it part of board culture now?

>people still think the custom Avatar was supposed to be Boom Sonic

What is Sonic tearing up, /sthg/?

i like these actually

A Tails Enemy of the State poster

i like DLLL but i'm only okay with these designs in a vacuum

Why exactly do we hate Marble Garden? Even when I was younger, I hated the fuck out of that stage and I don't even know why

....Is this your first time finding a photoshop template post user?

As many issues of the Lara-Su Chronicles.

WHAT

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I like Knuckles and Tails but the Amy and Sonic ones needs touch ups.

/sthg/

It's evidently yours, as you seem to have never come across any smartasses.

I wanna fuck Aaron Webber in the Ass! I'm a dude btw!

Put these on Penders' twitter.

It's slow and boring. None of the gimmicks like the "mud" or that stupid top thing are fun. It has infinite scroll sections which are always kind of tedious to deal with. The music is only just all right. It's a huge step down from the previous levels' music. The only thing cool about Marble Garden is the boss fight.

>guy gamers
Disgusting.

I want to stumble into So A HQ and see Aaron and Jasmine Fucking then Cuck Aaron so hard when Jasmine falls in love with black cock much more bigger then Aaron's then let Jasmine wear a strap on and proceeding to fuckk in him deep in the anus all the while he is crying why Arin Hanson can't be the one to take his anus virginity

really made me think

What the fuck

You okay?