Tired of overpriced Imports?

Am I the only one who feels this way, or are the prices for some of the imported vehicles absolutely retarded?

A $25-30k GT-R... okay, that makes sense I guess...

A $14k Civic SiR? You're out of your god damn mind!

Even cars like the Cappuccino, Auto-Zam, and Beat are ridiculously priced even though they were made to be affordable little throw away cars.

I understand that it costs a few thousand dollars to get them from Japan to the States, but god damn! The mark up is ridiculous!

Buy something else then.

This is true, luckily I own my cappuccino because they were sold here in small numbers so the price wasn't extortionate.

JDM tax is real though and in 10 years it will make the boomers look miniscule.

$6k car
$4k to import
Sells to first USA owner for $12k
Ok, importer made $2k profit, fair deal.
1st USA owner gets bored and puts car up for sale... for $12k. Sounds reasonable because that's what he spent, right?

Why does the second USA owner have to pay the import fees again? Are those fees always going to stay with the value of the car?

You can always import yourself through sites like beforward or FromJapan. The problem is that you cannot guarantee the condition of the vehicle, which is why commercial importers can charge so much.

>that soarer

godly tastes

>$4k to import

what???

are you serious? I thought it was around $2k for those shipping fees from Japan.

Value is what someone is willing to pay. If someone wants to pay 12k for a 6k Japanese car then that's its value.

thats something a lot of these shitposters/poorfaggots dont understand

"hurrr who would pay X amount for Y"

well you dipshit clearly plenty of people are buying them who have the money

Free market, buddy. It's not overpriced, you're just poor.

Need to have this. Whyyy toyota make another midsized coupeeee

No, I'm not, because I'm not a fucking loser weeb that obsesses over shitty fucking Japanese rice boxes

They're getting while they can.

The JDM bubble is going to pop hard.

So import it yourself if you want it done cheaper.

As with anything, if you are too lazy to do it yourself you will be paying the price set by those willing to do the work.

are you lonely? or is this the only place you visit?

You are not even close to being tired of imports until you have lived here in Denmark.
150% tax on all cars.

Why are they so expensive in the US? In NZ 17 year olds working at the grocery store own those cars for 3,000$

>Why are they so expensive in the US?
Meme's. Seriously.

I looked at importing a C7 Z06 to Norway a little while ago import and fees cost more than the entire car is worth around $111k for the car and $115k for import and fees.

No, I stopped coming here for about 6 months because this place is shit and I had better things to do with my life, but I missed abusing loser weaboos so I've made a return.

>Am I the only one who feels this way
Yes. Out of all the people on planet Earth, you stand alone.

norway is a cuck country. Why would you even want to drive anything cool over there. yall got no cool tracks and it snows all the time

>Why are they so expensive in the US?

Let's use some common sense shall we?

>none of these cars were sold in the United States
>Have to wait 25 years to import
>Supply & Demand

those three things made these cars "expensive".

The fact that its cheap in NZ is because
1. A lot of these JDM cars were probably sold in the NZ market to begin with
2. you don't have a 25 year ban on them
3. Japan is a tad bit closer and it might be cheaper to ship cars for you guys.

kill yourself.

buy american then you fucking disgusting weeaboo.

Depends on where you are
And shipping isn't the only cost associated with importing a car, you also have to think about insurance and tax when you register it

>but I missed abusing loser weaboos
you're kidding yourself, no one feels abused by your awful posts

Just import a car yourself if you really want one, the whole process is only about $2500

>The problem is that you cannot guarantee the condition of the vehicle,

haha what are you retarded?? The auction sheets state exactly what condition the car is in, the exact configuration, running/driving, ect. The only risk when importing is getting the car transported off the docks and delivered to your house.

>The auction sheets state exactly what condition the car is in

Not always. Generally yes, but sometimes they mark down that a dent or scratch is much better than it actually is and sometimes they miss clusters of rust completely.

>The auction sheets state exactly what condition the car is in
Auction sheets are kinda bullshit and inaccurate, sorry to burst your bubble.

>yall

"Why does a thing with such high demand and little supply cost so much?!?! ARGH its SO CONSFUSING."