/dadg/'s own champion boss guide
pastebin.com/e3Sc7VER

/dadg/'s annotated CC maps:
imgur.com/a/DU3tH

Darkest Dungeon maps and guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612579203

Darkest Dungeon font (Dwarven Axe BB)
mega.nz/#!UUkBEJ4Z!-AZT4bS1WahgSVyUpS6P-BCJjaKjvjiWMBr2jXzFpDc

>I won't waste my talents on this trivial errand.

>tfw your best helion dies to the swine prince because literally everyone on your team got stunned but her, had their turns before her but couldn't heal her while she was on death's door, then got hit once by "mark this one" wilbur
nevur 4git

What's a good team against Viscount? Would a couple of Aboms help?

Maybe something like HM / Abom / Abom / Occ?

How the fuck do I kill the Baron?
If I pop a pod and he's in it, do I focus the rest of the pods, or him?

DD2

What are we dropping into

My understanding is that it's a LONG crawl, and includes some tough ass mini bosses. Lots of bleed and blight to boot.

there are 3 minibosses spread around. They have an attack that does a billion damage, but the trinket nullifies the damage. Either have a MAA or HM guard whoever doesn't have one, or leave a flaggelant without it so they can just heal it out

Any recommended strats for Bloodmoon compared to regular runs or are the general principles about the same?

Getting fingered by even more priests and meeting the coolest-looking enemies in the game.

Prepare for a revelation

Depends, how many times have you beaten the game before? With CC?

Just beat my first run in a while with CC after having not played for a year, feel like doing the hard mode now.

Learning when to leave a run is far more important. Don't be afraid to ditch heroes if they're low level and in bad shape. Aim as hard as you can for trinkets that'll help you get through the DD and CC in the required time. Don't rush the DD or CC until you're ready, but don't dick around so much that you don't have time to make up for potential losses in failed DD runs. Don't waste heirlooms on stress heal buildings unless you really feel like you have extras. If you're tight on time you can finish the DD before going into the final courtyard missions. Make sure your parties are more well rounded. Really the biggest factors will be to get as much blood as possible so you don't lose people to the curse and to avoid hero deaths.

Don't torment him like that.

Do a lot of cove runs for the coral curio and perma-stalling shield fish, and avoid the champion weald like the plague. Try to make sure your first party to reach level five is the one you want to send to Vvulf if he shows up.

Bring memeLeper to the HoD they said

Nigga got afflicted, refused tons of heals and got huge blight stack on him, had to nuke him first, that useless son of a bitch.

...hm

I'm just telling him the truth, i guess that will daze the mind

Good advice anons, I'll keep it in mind as I start and probably fail horribly

Even with +12 accuracy the memeLeper can't hit enemies with 30+ dodge for shit.

So how do you prevent THIS

as many riposte as you can manage

So I have 4 open slots in my roster, everybody is level 5-6 and I have't started CC. So what is the ultimate CC party?

He never submerges in positions 1 and 4, has to move to the middle 2 spots, so position control and stuns.

>He never submerges in positions 1 and 4, has to move to the middle 2 spots, so position control and stuns.

But he WOULD submerge on position 2-3 eventually.
And when he does, he get insane evasion / protection / resists.

As i was saying last thread ... I knew of Vvulfy and tried to level a m@a in time.... without him dying like the last one. Did not make it in time so should i trainmy m@a and let vvulf destroy something?

Haven't had much time to work on this but I hit a bit of a road block with learning how to create set trinkets, namely the set bonus portion, and only just figured it out today. Anyway been playing with the new class a bit to get a feel for the balance, made changes where I felt it was necessary, mostly nerfs; also based on feedback from earlier.

I really wanted to keep the bleed/blight damage at 4 points a turn but once I got some +bleed/blight chance trinkets it became evident that the dot was too strong. I still don't know how to create skills that require a corpse to be used so Flesh from Bone remains a skill that can be used at any time. The skill, from my experience, never hits a living target, just misses, so there's that.

By GETTING OUTTA MAH SWAMP.

Through the power of eldritch mysticism.

You gotta have it stacked like crazy. I had a Leper with +10 accuracy from a sun ring and an additional +10 from Eldritch Slayer. Even then sometimes he whiffed. Honestly it is just better to bring an Abomination.

>By GETTING OUTTA MAH SWAMP.

GET FUCKED CROKEK

The leper only gets 10 less than normal. A leper with a sun ring has the same accuracy as a hellion or crusader without one

>The leper only gets 10 less than normal. A leper with a sun ring has the same accuracy as a hellion or crusader without one
But you always want to get additional accuracy on Hellion or Crusader with the hair pin or the same sun ring if you play with the light.
Going without it in champion dungeons is pretty dumb and you'd miss a lot.

fine then; a leper with a sun ring and a focus ring is the same as a crusader or hellion with a sun ring and a dismas head.

> 222 dodge

> a fucking PLANT

Have you ever whacked a weed before?

Except he can't hit the back rows or stress heal.

_ _ _ _ C
I N T E R I O R
_ _ _ _ O
_ _ _ _ C
_ _ _ _ O
_ _ _ _ D
_ A L L I G A T O R
_ _ _ _ L
_ _ _ _ E
_ _ _ _

yeah but he's really cool

how long does contagion last?

seems a bit awkward having to manage debuff and dot duration's to get a max damage blight

>-120% dmg
This nigga just can't do anything wrong

Standard debuff length of 3 turns. I'd be lying if I said I used it much during testing. Right now I see it as a way to provide other classes the opportunity to bleed/blight high resist enemies without the need for trinkets, at the cost of the RK using his turn for it to happen. It's also a bit of a defensive skill with the -crit debuff.

If I were to change it I'm not sure what it would become. One suggestion before was to add a small blight dot but I wanted to avoid aoe dotting to help differentiate him from the PD and HM.

And I just now noticed the -crit debuff only has 100% chance instead of 140%. Gotta fix that.

>a max damage blight
i mean bite

mostly due to the CC bonus

he is probably going to be great with the flagellant since he applies bleed and debuff, maybe HWM, GR and BH ones too since they can also do both at once

can't wait till its done so i can make a rat keeper 3 bh party

But yeah, I don't intend for him to be able to juggle his direct damage, dots, debuffs, riposte, and other utility all at once. I feel like every class should have at least 2 different playstyles, like GR lunge build or dagger build, or healing Vestal and battle Vestal. In this case there'd be one that focuses on Gnaw/A Thousand Bites and one that likes to spam Rat Armor, both using other skills like Mischief or Scatter to fill the other slots.

At this point I think I have most of the gameplay shit down. Unless I'm forgetting something I just need to do barks, which I don't look forward to, and art, which I can't do. As a side note I really, really want to figure out how to make Flesh from Bone work the way I want it to. That's actually the skill I first thought of that lead to this whole thing.

Every single fucking room has been a fight and I had to kill 3 Flagbearers already.

Fucking this cunt prophet.

>fine then; a leper with a sun ring and a focus ring is the same as a crusader or hellion with a sun ring and a dismas head.

No?

His damage is pretty mediocre in champion dungeons. And he can only hit first 2 positions that is always some high prot enemies.

Unless they were paired with two Lancers then I don't see the problem. You're actually using the set setup as my A Team and they have zero issues with them: GR usually blows up the Bearer while the PD spreads blight on everything so they don't leave corpses.

should I level up the meme arab's heal?

it increases the range of heal values but also increases the chance of causing bleed and the damage of bleed. that sounds terrible, especially for 0 bleed.

Well so far so good, but they're sure cunts. Had one or two Lancers.

>Sun Ring on a PD

I think he's pretty decent in the courtyard, where the enemies constantly shuffle around and they're all decently important targets. And even then, the targets that aren't important you can just kill with a hew while dealing damage to something else.

It's definitely a problem in the ruins or weald or whatever where you really really have to kill those back two skelly courtiers.

Heroe's resistances scale more. At level 0, the average dude has 30% bleed resistance. By level 6, the average dude will have 90% bleed resistance. That means at level 0, you'll have a 30% chance of a bleed, and at level 6, you'll have a 0% chance for a bleed

Gotta make sure these stuns aren't dodged. And I have nothing better for accuracy right now.

Honestly your team is very defensively oriented, you could easily forgo the stun spam for blight spam. GR can handle the high priority targets while the PD whittles high prot enemies down afterwards. MaA controls the battlefield with stuns and buffs/debuffs and Vestal keeps everyone topped off.

Yeah, I wanted to be safer than sorry. Managed to get through the boss without an affliction or a death, although Death Door is almost inevitable against the prophet.

Tunak Tunak Tun Occultist skin when?

I don't think I've ever had a PD stun dodged before in my life

Remember those weird trinkets you got after beating dd1? You need those to not get annihilated by Revelation, an attack used by the 4 minibosses in the dungeon. I recommend keeping them in your inventory however, and swapping them in when you think you are about to enter the boss room, so you're not crippling yourself by having only one useful trinket in the rest of the fights

Seems like a really cool concept, good luck user!

Say something nice about me

You make getting into the GR's pants easier.

Is Fated worth locking? Do we have numbers for this quirk?

if an attack misses it has a 10% chance to succeed instead according to the wiki

its good on leper because of his low base acc, though you'd probably do better to simply equip him with acc trinkets or lock in acc quirks

It's fairly useless.

Let's imagine you have a 80% chance to hit normally.

If you miss (20%), then there is a 10% chance for it to work. 0.2 times 0.1 = 0.02. It would give you a +2% chance to hit, which is the equivelant of 2 ACC.

This scales with hit chance, so if you were to have a 0% chance to hit, it would become a 10 ACC bonus, and if you had a 95% chance to hit, it would be a 0.5 ACC bonus.

It's not worth taking over actual ACC

is it me or does the collector and his collected highwaymen exclusively lifesteal/headhunt rank 3?

DD1 was a freaking joke man.

what did they mean by this

it means your party kills nazis

My game keeps crashing during the first loading screen. This was when I backed up local files from the cloud after playing in offline mode. What do?

I've been thinking of this:
In my 225 hours played, I've NEVER seen a PD having her stun grenades missed or dodged; only resisted.

Which is better for tanking support MaA?

>Yell at all the opponents to make them slow and dumb
>Yell one of your allies to make them quick
>Yell at one of your allies to make them accurate

I prefer below since it can crit and does a bit of damage, and with the cc trinkets the debuff almost never get resisted.

Well my 41 week save file is fucking corrupted and crashes my game at the loading screen. Gonna start a new file in Radiant like a pussy. How should I go about a brand new run?

Assuming enemies dont have too much debuff resist, bellow works.
yelling at allies to make them more accurate is only really good for the shrieker fight as debuffs wear off on them very quickly

>How should I go about a brand new run?
Bloodmoon.

Is it dumb if I go in DD2 and bring a flagellant without a torch? Rapturous is a booster and he gets to use his OP skills.

Bellow.

>flag go rapturous
>2 revelations later flag have a heart attack and die

You can do that, but you still need to bring a guard for him.

bolster and command are party wide

early game bolster is better because dodging damage is the best way of avoiding stress, but Kamehameha enemy acc is so high that dodging gets to be ridiculously hard so bellow is better and kind of accomplishes the same goal as both bolster and command because it makes you do before the enemy and it reduces their dodge chance. doing damage also can finish off weaker foes and can crit which bolster/command cannot

Triple encourage is pretty good at making the revelation stress damage more reasonable. Combined with some -stress% trinkets or periodic stress healing between fights heart attacks shouldn't be a problem.

Guide updated with reorganized trinket tiers, elaborating on how the tiers are classified, and added a protip list (might probably want to shift that and the not to do list into a separate guide)

Once again, contentious disagreement and hot opinions are welcome, and remind yourselves that a guide is a GENERAL GUIDELINE and not a strict set of rules you must follow to the letter.

I'm glad people are finally starting to realize how great Bellow is.

It looks a bit ugly when you're using dwarvenaxe for every single thing, not just headers.

Should I enable the Crimson court area or nah?

it really comes down to bellow vs. bolster and people are finally realizing that dodge is shit

Yeah, fuck it, nothing bad could happen.

Isnt bellow an accuracy debuff?

What would make it better than a dodge buff, since they're basically doing the same thing.

I can't find the font used for quirks and skill info

Speed and dodge debuff.

Is Guardian's Shield really that bad?

Enemy Dodge and Speed debuff. That way your party acts first and has a higher chance to hit the enemy.

Why would you take either of them when you're supposed to be taking Crush, Rampart, Defender, and Retribution every time?

These Bellow is amazing against mobs that have high speed and dodge like the Madmen and dog packs in the Weald because it takes away their only real threat

You're not using the MaA correctly.

25% damage boost vs bloodsuckers is high tier but 25% rings vs every other type is decent tier?
-8 dodge is hardly a debuff especially late game and especially the eldritch ring is amazing for DD1/2/3 where the dismas head bonus stress is really dangerous