Im tempted to fall for the miata meme

im tempted to fall for the miata meme
talk me out of it

im a 20yo britbong nocars and for ages ive been looking at an na sw20 but the miata tempts me more and more, which one would be the better or worse first car?

>no snap oversteer bullshit
>no miatas are gay bullshit im gonna blast madonna in whichever car i get

why? as a bong you don't have that much of a choice if you want something fun and rwd without paying out your butt

miatas are decent first cars desu

get one. If you dont think its fast enough, give your neighbor a pack of smokes and 6 pack. Have him turbo it.

Honestly bro, go for it.
I fucking love Miatas.
If I acutally made more than $2000 a year I'd buy one.

assuming this isn't bait... don't do it. Have you ever driven in one? Getting in and out is fucking terrible. I'm 6" and it isn't fun. For a summer driver? Maybe. As a first car daily, I would say no. I don't think it'll perform well in rain or snow. When I drove a customers around the block for a test drive in the summer when it was raining, it kicked out so easy. Can't imagine it in the snow.

Like other anons said, get another rwd car thats easily available for a brit and thats a lot cheaper than here in NA. If you do go for it, have fun.

>im tempted to fall for the miata meme
>talk me out of it
>im a 20yo britbong nocars and for ages ive been looking at an na sw20 but the miatatempts me more and more, which one would be the better or worse first car?

jesus christ user, are you me?

>Getting in and out is fucking terrible. I'm 6" and it isn't fun.
You didn't tell your belly circumference

Pants are a 32 waist and 34 leg. You can't tell me that you've been in one and you think its practical as a DD year round.

I daily drove an NB for 2.5 years.

Its not that bad, and Im 6'1". Cut some foam from the bottom of the seat and get a smaller diameter steering wheel.

You sound like a bitch.

what do you drive?

The miata is fucking fun car. It's size is a plus since it drives and handles like a fucking go cart. All your worries will dissappear as soon as you get behind the wheel and rip your first skid in a roundabout or intersection.

The miata's lack of speed is honestly a good thing imo because if it was any faster I'd probably already have died not even joking. It handles like a fucking champ, and will tackle and satisfy your baby driver urges when your mom tells you to go buy groceries and you launch from a stoplight. People know it as being a fun car for a reason, plus normies think its a sports car convertable ffs.

I wanna turbo mine next year, if you buy one get a 1.8 or anything after 1994 because 1995 and up have the better engines.

>rear tires breaking loose easily
>a bad thing

Ok grandpa, some of us actually drive for fun

Missing where I said it would be fun as a summer driver. If you live somewhere there is zero traction come winter time in the snow, I doubt you'll be thinking muhskidz.jpg when you have to wake up earlier to get to work on time or drive slower daily to do anything.

>buy cheap miat
> be meme
>cheap
>fun
i mean i bought one, pretty cool, paid more than i felt it was worth, but i dont mind. You can throw them pretty hard before you lose control, its a great fun car.
>handles like a fucking go cart
a big ole fucking gokart =)

Not him but saying the miata is preferential toward any season is just plain incorrect. By that logic any other car would be better off as a summer car. Was the car you were driving low on tread?

Its a light car, rwd, and a ton of torque... I think it would be fair to say that it would be preferred in a dry pavement scenario over a low traction snowy one. Many cars drive better in winter over a miata.

Not the point that any car would be better off as a summer car. Any car can be driven in the summer. I was arguing it isn't a good DD in the winter time. Meaning that there are better choices for a winter driver.

>miata
>ton of torque

This is where your argument falls through senpai

BRZ >>> Miata

Dude your gay

Yup get the Miat

pic unrelated

you're*

name?

mx5s have a 1.6 l and are geared low so they have more torque, whereas most britbong cars have like 1 l engines and tall gearing for more mpgs

SW20 because you're gonna get tired of no-roof at some point, especially with britbong weather.
The weather here in Denmark is England lite, and cabriolets get real fucking old real fucking quick
t. former 205 GTI Cabriolet owner
>tfw all SW20s for sale here are T-tops or riced to absolute hell
a-atleast AW11's are pisscheap and rarely riced

That is a Porch NineTwentyFour. If you're interested in one, the models with the 2.5L 944 engine are the best. They have enough power to not be "slow," but they're about Miata fast, maybe a hair more because additional torque. 924s are the older brother to the 944; short version is 944s have a bit more power and ability to fit wider tires, but they're also a little heavier than the 924. You can find really nice examples of 1987/88 924S (the most desirable version that's not unobtanium) for less than 6k Murkins. They aren't as "valuable" as 944s (which is hilarious), yet they're perfectly fine. As with 944s, though, you need to know what specific things to look out for. In particular, timing belt and water pump services need to be done every 34-40k miles or you run a serious risk of rekting the engine. Also, there are various seals in certain locations that can leak a bit of oil, but they're more of a mild nuisance than anything else. The oil runs through an oil-to-coolant miniature radiator in a housing on the low left-front of the engine (as you view it from the nose of the car looking aft). It's fairly rare if the coolant and oil changes are kept up with, but the little radiator's seals can eventually degrade and leak one fluid into the other, or the unit itself can develop a pinhole leak. It's not a design flaw, rather one of those things that happens with shitty maintenance. The fuel feed and return lines need to be inspected and made sure that they're not touching the exhaust - the routing is a little funny and can cause a fire. The injectors should be cleaned if they haven't been cleaned or replaced. It's pretty simple to clean them, believe it or not: a set of alligator clips on a small battery to drive the nozzle open, run fuel/cleaner through the injector backwards, and you're basically done. Those are the main things to look for on the whole 944/924/928/958 series. Beyond that, the chassis is simple and pretty tough by 80s standards.

Just drive one and see if you like it

>no snap oversteer bullshit

liftoff oversteer does apply to miats, it's just not as easy to do

It has some of the best feeling gear shifts I've ever seen. The turning really is as good as they say.

The seats are cramped but you get used to it unless you have to sit in traffic forever, in which case you should totally get something else. These kinds of cars are only fun on back roads or curvy, winding roads. The soft top is kind of bad in winter, try to use a different car or get a hard top. Also, get winter tires.

I happen to like the brz more, but that's just because it has a bit more room. You can't go wrong with either, really. Just make sure you actually test drive the thing and make sure you're fine with the low amounts of space.