/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 24th of July:
1823 – Slavery is abolished in Chile.
1823 – In Maracaibo, Venezuela the naval Battle of Lake Maracaibo takes place, where Admiral José Prudencio Padilla, defeats the Spanish Navy, thus culminating the independence for the Gran Colombia.
1864 – American Civil War: Battle of Kernstown: Confederate General Jubal Early defeats Union troops led by General George Crook in an effort to keep them out of the Shenandoah Valley.
1866 – Reconstruction: Tennessee becomes the first U.S. state to be readmitted to the Union following the American Civil War.
1910 – The Ottoman Empire captures the city of Shkodër, putting down the Albanian Revolt of 1910.

>News
CK2 DD 55 - Nurture vs Nuisance
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-55-nurture-vs-nuisance.1030752/

EU4 DD 20/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-20th-of-june-2017.1031010/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.7.1 - 18/07/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome#Earliest_history
youtube.com/watch?v=TfQ_UU6_ADs
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151434436/#151485746
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151434436/#151486796
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151434436/#151488028
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151583419/#151595340
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151680068/#151722405
twitter.com/AnonBabble

im trying to mod in a decision to get someone to move to a specific court if they are a prisoner

how do I do this?

is it move_character { = ROOT } ?
someone help me out here im going crazy

game is CK2 btw

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

>Non-Secret Ballot

Was this really a thing? You are fucked if you choose a unpopular party.

the french empire and her dependencies after the dismantlement of the british nation
fucking disgusting

I agree that they don't really have the right to call themselves Rome, and the fall of constantinople is "who cares?" tier because Rome was the real deal.

shat the bed
just like polan

Is there a mod that imroves the portraits in CK2? Im tired of half the people I capture looking like shit.

rrrrrrespond

Disgusting blob.
I personally don't think any of the portrait mods for CK2 are good. CPR+ just makes shit look blurry.

What are you even talking about.

Wait a little bit longer and make sure you're westernized

Mughal Empire gets an event that gives it a bunch of free land

Yes.
Here in Brazil, back when we stopped being a monarchy, landowners would force their subordinates to vote for their parties and check if they voted correctly. If they didn't, they're dead.

Technically Romans were Greeks who moved to Italy so... The difference is in the culture. Just like Carthage were greeks who moved to Carthage.
It was higher then who cares because that meant the Turks could move further into Europe since they didnt have that tiny thorn in their side. 21 day siege was all it took to punch through the famous walls... Venice held out longer on their little island which didnt have famous walls.

>Technically Romans were Greeks who moved to Italy
No, they weren't. Greeks only had a few colonies in the peninsula and Rome wasn't one of them.
Nice try Byzaboo.

That looks like a fun game. But could easily be shit.

Thats not a game, its just some guy playing with mspaint

The Romans were Trojans, who were greeks, at least culturally, who moved to Rome after their city fell. So yes, they were greeks.

>Drinking & whoring.

white men

Then make it a game

No dude, he means Christoph van Kolombri, the famous Dutch explorer, you know?

Yeah. In Canada before the 1870s people would publicly declare who they were voting for. Bribery and intimidation could be pretty common; employers and landlords could fuck you over if you voted for the wrong people, or you could be beaten up by a mob.

white men

>Romans spoke Latin
>Greeks speak Greek
>Romans are Greek
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

The story of Aeneas is propaganda and unsupported by any actual evidence.

law, order and society in the byzantine empire was greek
that's exactly why the term "byzantine" was coined

white men

um no sweetie
it was actually the Romanian fisherman Hristofor Colombianescu

>a gif of colors changing
>a game
not a game

>some guy claiming romans are trojans
>actullat taking him seriously

*cums*

>playing comfy FRCA game where I just do nothing and get migrants
>both me and Mexico sphered by the US so he can't declare war on me for his cores
>''The United Kingdom managed to remove us from the american sphere of influence''
>pic related
>anglo nowhere to be found

None of us actually know how they started. Nobody actually believes that a wolf took care of 2 babies and they grow up to found the greatest empire ever do they?

>inb4 this guy is making an actual legit game that will save this general but uses shit graphics because programmers can't art

PERFIDIOUS

We do
It's an indigenous city
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome#Earliest_history

hey hey watch dis

trojans were anatolians/asians they were turks not greks

Eternal anglo strikes again

turks are not anatolian...

t. white """""man""""

Turks are a tribe that came from asia and wipe out everyone in the area because Asia was a fucking hell hole 600 years ahead of us at the time and to survive there you had to be the best of the best so people kicked out time and again kicked our asses. Their (failed) industrial revolution was in 800 ad. Thats how far ahead they were.

anatolians are asian turks are asian....

>spreading lies to put down the white man
get westernized, dummy

chinks are asian too, does this mean they are turk too

>you will never play Kaiserreich 2
>you will never have Tranquilite play as your start your game in the ashes of the Commune of France
>you will never dejectedly build up your burnt out husk of a nation, with Gallic resolve
>you will never grow to watch with hate and fear over the North-South wall

youtube.com/watch?v=TfQ_UU6_ADs

Its true, they industrialized first, right before their people revolted and mutilated their corpses for some reason because they didnt like a non corrupt advanced empire or something.

romans spoke greek too though.

is there any requirement in addition to quest for the new world for this to appear?

Carthage was not greek

It can take 50+ years to fire.

Is German victory the canon ending for KR?

Had sorta done a mini AAR

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151434436/#151485746
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151434436/#151486796
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151434436/#151488028
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151583419/#151595340
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/151680068/#151722405

It ended much much worse, than even that despair shows. The game started really getting emotional and depressing. I never got around to posting, but I would have shown them trading letters back and forth.

The way I was going to write, Dellana had kept up her adoring, lovely letters, but the despair and depression caused by her separation eventually could only be sedated with alcohol, and eventually magical drugs. And I'd have Rashid knowing through her increasingly erratic handwriting that not all was well.

Eventually, Dellana got maimed in battle, and looked horrible. And she would have referenced that in a letter, how she didn't want him to see her now.

And eventually, I would have written her last letter. Because she died from depression, and a magical heroin overdose, to make the pain and despair go away. Her last letter was going to be something beautiful.

In the end, I never did get around to writing it. Maybe Ill move my game backwards, load up those saves, and finish it. Or maybe not. I had no heart to carry on after that.

What's the best, and fastest, way to get fascist USA in HPM?

event 60030

Old World taken over by German Bloc, Americas taken over by Totalists

Now I know people are messing with me. Next people are going to say that Sicily wasnt greek. I mean yea over time they grow their own cultures and greeks mixed with the natives and all that, but the colonists were greek. It would be like saying Mexico wasnt spainish when it was their colony.

No. Well if I remember right, back when it was tenuously discussed (and I do mean tenuously), the most liked preliminary set up was that of a hard but eventual German victory over France, with the Entente attacking from the south, but with the CSA having won in the ACW.

Updated will be slow, hurts to type

>14th of May, 1938
The western territories have returned to the Empire. Now only three lands need to return to the fold.
In the north the Rising Sun flies high over Manchuria as the Japanese take away rightful Chinese property at gunpoint.
To the south lies the National Protection Movement which vows to uphold the republican ideals of Sun Yat-Sen and dispose the Emperor.
And finally the Legation Cities of the coast encompassing the former concession cities. For the new reformation to go forward we must reclaim all these lands beginning with the Legation Cities

r8

UK now has only 7 million pops

Imperial forces marched into Shanghai and dissolved the parliament of the Legation Cities. For the first time in decades these cities have returned to rightful Chinese rule

7 million too many

I need to get to work on some of Africa but it's turning out pretty good. Literally haven't been in any European wars

>start up a game of ck2 after staying away for a year
>new expansions seem kind of confusing, decide to play as Alania and eventually become byz emperor
>usual bullshit for first 100 years, trying to ward off hordes, periods of being best buds with georgia and top rivals, flipping tribal holdings into castles, etc.
>eventually get a decent power base and build up a ruler with insane intrigue (20+)
>swear fealty to byz and begin plotting the emperors downfall by spying on all his vassals and making them join my faction for becoming emperor
>suddenly get an invitation to lucifers own
>become devil worshipper
>start kidnapping everyone, possessing everyone and slowly rise through the ranks
>high priest dies and I become king of devil worshippers
>make my son my apprentice, he also has insane intrigue
>have that event where death visits you and you play chess with it, started telling death about how I impale people and beat it at chest, got +2 health
>emperor loses loads of troops to arabs
>by this point I have loads of dukes in my faction
>DoW emperor and seize constantinople
>win and within 6 months the black plague engulfs the empire
>vassals try to rebel but between the plague crushing their armies before they even reach me and me kidnapping, possessing, imprisoning and murdering everyone they stand no chance
>some mordvin pagan ended up as duke of italy and rebelled, I won, imprisoned him and ate him
>meanwhile all my kids and family have died to the plague and me absorbing their lifeforce (had +5 health from that too) before I decided to perform a ritual and heal myself
>at this point I have almost every vassal of mine in chains, permanent -100 opinion because I have all the bad traits...
>all the sins, cannibal, impaler, lunatic, possessed, kinslayer, cruel, deceitful, paranoid, the list goes on
>even ate the patriarch of constantinople because he kept rebelling
cont...

>beat it at chest

>EU4
>Playing as Portugal
>Castille never formed PU with Aragon and now it's getting buttfucked by Aragon+France alliance
Welp guess my royal family will have to flee to Brazil a few centuries early

;_;

RIP Dellana

Hey /gsg/, Im currently working on a decentralized, culturally sensitive HRE led by Poland that I want to take over to EU4 and even liqqy 2. Aside from the fact that the premise is ridiculous, I want to first build a comfy realm for myself. 2 & 3 get a little too gross.

Which borders should I take? Keep in mind all cultures within my borders that are not Polish will be genocided, so what is rightfully mine?

don't blob into kiev, and go upwards to the orange

wew

Austria was a protestant scum all along

>eventually get tired of it all and just start straight up seizing land
>don't care about opinion modifiers because everyone is at -100 already
>give it to my brothers in faith and random alan culture people
>by the time I possess them, send them gifts, bestow honorary titles and a dukedom they usually get upto +30
>even though the whole world hates me I still manage to invite a few claimants to my court and seize some duchies from bulgaria and shit
>finally some semblance of peace, everyone is locked up or hates me or is possessed by a demon but I still manage to raise 30k+ troops
>all of a sudden some retard I possessed, gave a duchy too, owed me a favour and had +90 opinion, but wouldn't join my society, murders me through some random fucking event
>die and my son inherits constantinople and that dukedom but some retard duke gets the empire
Other noteable events with my satanic byz emperor:
>made a skull drinking cup out of some rival
>invited like 50 satanists to my court because my dark power was ridiculous but they all ended up dying for some reason?? I killed a bunch and gave others titles but they just kept randomly vanishing
>became a homo because the devil raped me
>burned down church of constantinople
>corrupted my patriarch at one point
It was the lulziest ck2 game I have ever experienced. It was just so far out of the realm of possibility, and yet it was hilarious. I can only imagine what my vassals thought of me, an alanian impaler satanist cannibal who violently seized their empire and proceeded to imprison, cannibalise, murder and possess the whole aristocracy, which coincided with the black plague entering anatolia and spreading to europe.
Great fun 10/10 would play as again.

I meant chess you autist

*autiss

I agree with , don't take any land in Kiev or Turov at all, only complete the orange plan and the upper part of the pink plan, along with conquering those two counties on the Baltic in the red plan.

Hurts too much to write long posts so I gotta keep it short

What should we do with the Protection Movement?

First option. No negotiating with rebels.

What happens when Yunnan turns into the National Protection Alliance and takes over China? What paths can they take?

Where is my gex boy

This story really had me going until
>I lose the claim on the empire
and this is why I don't play ck2

I dont want to go into Curonia without at least also taking Turov, because then the borders will look ridiculously stupid. How does this look?

Once I consolidate my personal realm, how big should I make my HRE? I wanted to take the HRE all the way to Smolensk in the east, Denmark in the north and Belgrade in the south. Cultures will be preserved of course.

Second user in your quote, here. Take Turov but leave Kiev alone. From there eventually move into Curonia.

No response

Should we threaten them again?

Post pops and cores

also how?

I still say you should ingnore all of Kiev and Turov, I think the borders look great then. You stop before the river border north of Turov.

Even if he doesn't post the r&i message he STILL fucks up the old thread. This bothers me to such a degree that I am going to start spamming now

>THE OLD THREAD IN THE OP IS NOT THE REAL OLD THREAD
THE OLD THREAD IN THE OP IS NOT THE REAL OLD THREAD

regards

I don't want to go through the fucking archive every goddamn time just because of this fucking bullshit

there is literally nothing canon in 1936+ besides Kerensky's death and black monday. Anything anyone else teels you is bullshit.

chill bro its two autists who actually have nothing better to do then compete over who gets to make a thread about swedish videogames on Veeky Forums

see you all in 3 days

cya senpai

>HIP
>people form a faction to get my son on the throne
>they force my to step down for him
>I abdicate
>instead of playing as my son, the new byzantine emperor (and from the same dynasty, obviously) I stay with the old guy for some reason

I thought I'd flip and play as the son upon abdication, did I get it wrong?

Anyone got this thing where World Wars don't happen in the latest version of HPM on 3.03?

You only play as your next of kin when your current character dies.

Where is this hidden East vs. West community that has not only managed to get the game to a playable state, but also managed to make mods for the game?

Console yourself the depressed trait and kill yourself

That 3.03 version is more than a year old and not compatible with the latest update

lad that's the CSA in Germany